Start by marking “Eyes of a Pedophile: Detecting Child Predators” as Want to Read:
Eyes of a Pedophile: Detecting Child Predators

Eyes of a Pedophile: Detecting Child Predators

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  8 reviews
True Crime:
Peer inside the mind of violent child molester Nathanael Bar-Jonah. Personal coded writings, life-long behaviors and victim testimony reveal how he operated and the difficulties law enforcement experienced stopping him. Eyes of a Pedophile follows Bar-Jonah’s evolution from religious beginnings to hunting children.

Extensively researched medical and psychological
Published February 20th 2012 by Montana Sunrise Books (first published February 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eyes of a Pedophile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eyes of a Pedophile

♥ Marlene♥
Finished this book a few days ago and alas must say I did not like it much.
Now I do think that if this book would have had a good editor it would have been so much better cause I can see the potential of the author. Some pieces were very well written and she managed to make me interested so I hope she will write another book and if it was not her fault the things I am going to mention then I think she could write a tc bestseller.

Okay the story in itself is interesting. You get to know more how s
Tony Latham
I was stripped of my naïveté while working in law enforcement, but even that experience didn't come close to providing me with the education that Dr. Kuffel has produced in this great read. I had a friend who worked on the Bar-Jonah case and thus I followed the trial in the news; however, Kuffel's personal observations during the trial trumped any news article that I read. Her passion derived from experience as an emergency room physician treating the child victims of this all-too common and hid ...more
Deborah Epperson
This book is not always an easy read, but if you have children, I highly recommend it. EYES OF A PEDOPHILE is Dr. Betty Kuffel's chilling account of Nathanael Bar-Jonah - a terrifying pedophile and killer. Dr. Kuffel shows how Bar-Jonah evolved into a hunter of innocent children.

I live near where Bar-Jonah preyed on children, and it is chilling and scary to know these pedophiles live among us. As we go along with our daily routines, they are on the hunt for our children. Dr. Kuffel's book gives
Dana C.
Thorough research. Dr. Kuffel's focus on how pedophiles behave along with an index to commonalities and how to keep kids safe is great. As a true-crime book I was drawn in by the legal loopholes this creep used to get himself out of trouble.
richwire
Doesn't exactly peer into the mind of Nathaniel Bar-Jonah. He told the author absolutely nothing insightful during their meeting(s) and correspondence. I wish Mike Wallace would've sat in front of Bar-Jonah and asked some questions. Heck, even Larry King would have gotten more out of him. The author is an emergency room physician and fiction writer - it's apparent true crime is not her forte. Some useful tips and information in the appendix saved it from being 1 star.
Gabrielle
A fairly good read.

While the factual telling of this story is well written the last chapter comes off as a lecture on the proper raising of children. I think you should have just stuck with the story.
Liz

If you only read part of this book, you must read Chapters 27 and 28. Know the warning signs and how to really protect our children.
Heidi
I had to take a week off (it was so scary!) but I'm back.
julie stanhope
julie stanhope marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
LauraTrev1
LauraTrev1 marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Sparethebs
Sparethebs marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Monique Jackson-Sanchez
Monique Jackson-Sanchez marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Renée Williams
Renée Williams marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Mirjam Penning
Mirjam Penning marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013