Start by marking “Love vs. Payne” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  391 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Gia Love and Maddox Payne were predestined to be enemies, despite the fact that they had a common bond. What started as a game of Dare between two curious enemies had evolved into a love that would shatter their world.

Will they persevere and find everlasting love or will love destroy them both?

Take a journey with two star-crossed lovers as they break free from the grip of
Published January 3rd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Love vs. Payne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love vs. Payne

Danielle Bennett
Jun 05, 2012 Danielle Bennett rated it really liked it
A magnificent romance! I loved it!! It hooked me from the first page. I found myself completely engrossed in the lives of these characters. I hope that Z. Stefani will continue on and make this a series. I would love to hear what happens to the brothers. Not an YA novel
Emily
The Love's and the Payne's have been enemies for the past few generations. However when children Gia Love and Maddox Payne meet they have no clue about the feud. They had one perfect day in school before they were forced to continue their families war with another. One little thing they did not share was daring each other to do ridiculous things. As they grew up the dares grew worse and they became polar opposites. While Maddox was the popular jock, Gia was the stunning book worm who no one got ...more
Astraycat
This is also an enemies-to-lovers story, but Gia Love and Maddox Payne become enemies result from feud between the Loves and the Paynes rather than their personal reasons.

I like the first half of the story: from how did Gia and Maddox meet, realize the reason they are born enemies, their long-term "dare" games, to declare their love to each other.

However, after their fathers find their secret, I begin to hate Maddox! He is so childish that just because Gia refuses to desert her father for him, h
Michelle
Feb 16, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
I loved the story, read it within a few hours. There were a couple of points (the family feud & the attraction between Gia & Maddox) that I felt needed to be focused on more, early in the story, that would have really made the story great.

] The feud between the families should have been described & explored more in order to make the reason why the two main characters couldn 19t be together more believable. It seemed that the feud was so old that no one really knew what it was about,
Bekka
May 30, 2012 Bekka rated it really liked it
It was a beautiful re-telling of a Romeo and Juliet story. The H&h were great characters and u fell in love with them and couldnt help but feel what they were feeling and hope they got there happy ending. I would reccomend it to anyone who loves a great romance and doesn't mind having a cry now and then : )
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
3.75-4 Stars

Yea. I...ummm...kinda read this rather fast. ehem! 2.5 hours ehem!. I would consider this a short story since it is less than two hundred pages, and the story was pretty compacted, but I didn't care. It's still very entertaining and I really enjoyed it. :)
Janie
Aug 25, 2015 Janie rated it it was amazing
Love vs. Payne

I first read this story because it was published in 2008, in literotica.com. The story was under the title 'Enemy' and the characters names were different. Not going to lie, I preferred the original names of the characters. The heroine's name was Bianca Rose and the hero's name was Diago. The published story (this) is pretty much the same the as the original. I absolutely love Z.Stefani. I hope she continues with this same formula. I absolutely adore virgin heroines in literotica,
Patricia
Jan 31, 2015 Patricia marked it as no-interest_or_dropped-dnf
Due to Jane Litte's review regarding the (view spoiler)
Kasumi Ren
Oct 16, 2013 Kasumi Ren rated it did not like it
Jenn Green
Jan 30, 2013 Jenn Green rated it it was amazing
Aha, I love me a good modern day Romeo & Juliet type story and this one was awesome!! Funny & sweet, romantic & erotic, heartbreaking & full of surprises. With characters you will fall in love with & characters you will absolutely despise.

Maddox Payne & Gia Love (seriously-how awesome are those names?!??) met in the third grade & became instant best friends....for 1 day. Then their dads saw them together after school & all hell broke loose. You see, the Love's &am
Katrin
“How can someone made for me, be born my enemy?" he asked, a sadness in his voice. He walked over to her and held her close to him.

"How can I possibly go back to hating you?" she said, a tear running down her cheek.”

So much pain! I love how Z. stefani creat the war between the family even do it's not clear how it's start. Oh right it's because of some betrayal stuff the way way way back! It sucks! But Gia and Maddox find a way to make their love to each other win. I just hate it that the story f
Giuliana Zarrillo
Apr 01, 2016 Giuliana Zarrillo rated it it was amazing
It is Fantastic, pure trash, drama and cliches it's a wonderful guilty pleasure, just the one I was looking for to make my day better.
Melissa
Mar 28, 2014 Melissa rated it did not like it
This was probably the most ridiculous book I have ever read. The writing and story were so silly and over the top.
Krystin
Holy moly the wasted potential on this one! I don't even know how to describe the awkward POV? That's what really ruined this for me. It could have been great told from the right perspective but unfortunately it was read... I don't even know how to describe it honestly? Maybe, eh I don't know.
But I did like the story itself, it wasnt bad, the premise was great. I just wish it could have reached its full potential. If so it definitely could have been a 4 or even 5 star book :(
Linzi Peacock
Nov 11, 2012 Linzi Peacock rated it it was amazing
ToddAn
Sep 11, 2013 ToddAn rated it it was ok
Started off really interesting...but didn't progress the way I'd hoped. I wanted to see them grow up a bit and then rekindle their romance. After the first few pranks, everything else seemed to progress at an extremely fast pace. this made me feel a little rushed...the 'conflict' was so miniscule...it was downhill from there.
Silvia
Oct 05, 2013 Silvia rated it really liked it
4-4.5 SEXY STAARRRR

wow, love vs payne really were romantic and sexy book...it had Miss Z characteristic which was i like it he he the hero full alpha male and the heroinne smart and brave ..gia and maddox hot item together, their chemistry top up to hill..

but i still fell in love with insufferable proximity 1 and 2 he he
Rosie Bowers
Jan 05, 2013 Rosie Bowers rated it liked it
3.5 stars from me!
I love the story and was gripped with this book, if I wasn't reading it I was thinking about it! The only reason this hasn't got a 5 is purely because It could have been written better but being the author's 1st book (I think) we can't expect perfect I will def be reading her other book!
Lisa
Jan 15, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
A modern day, real Romeo and Juliet sort of book. I liked it, I'm a real sucker for a love story. Never knew what was going to happen which gave the story a little mystery and it was not to outdrawn. The ending was rushed I felt, but all in all I liked it.
Stephanie
Dec 03, 2015 Stephanie rated it liked it
Very sweet Romeo and Juliet story. I did find myself emotionally invested in the middle of the book and it wrapped most of the plot up nicely. However, there were some characters that were not needed and were left hanging in the end.
Shay
I'm crazy about the whole star-crossed lovers, Romeo & Juliet idea, but this had a little more than a hundred pages and it was too much. Don't really have much to say, it was kinda of disappointing.
Kerri
Aug 30, 2012 Kerri rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this hot sexy game of Dare that develops between the children of feuding families. Definitely targeted at the older more mature YA reader though.
Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf}
not sure how to review this one yet. I did like it but I didn't get gripped into it as I would have liked.
MareTara SLiTsReaD Reviews

I think there is a book 2 coming on another Payne... we'll see
Dana
Apr 05, 2013 Dana rated it really liked it
Great characters. A modern day Romeo and Juliet but without the death part :)
Jennifer Ramos
Jun 04, 2012 Nicki805 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Loved this story!!
Janelle Hampton
Janelle Hampton rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Nee Letters
Nee Letters rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
  • Georgia On My Mind
  • Worth The Risk
  • Pink Ice (Ice#2)
  • The Brit
  • Trouble
  • The Husband Beside Me (The Devil Trilogy, #2)
  • Touch of Eden
  • Freeing Alex (Alexandra Drake, #1)
  • Avowed (Manipulation Trilogy, Corrupted, #3)
  • A Kept Woman
  • Dreaming of You
  • Being a Jett Girl (Bourbon, #2)
  • Undercover Heat
  • First Dance (Vice, Virtue & Video, #0.5)
  • Metal Urge
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • Conquered (She Who Dares, #2)
  • Sleeves