Love vs. Payne
Open Preview read excerpt

Love vs. Payne

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  320 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Gia Love and Maddox Payne were predestined to be enemies, despite the fact that they had a common bond. What started as a game of Dare between two curious enemies had evolved into a love that would shatter their world.

Will they persevere and find everlasting love or will love destroy them both?

Take a journey with two star-crossed lovers as they break free from the grip of...more
Published January 3rd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Love vs. Payne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love vs. Payne

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardThe Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyIn Flight by R.K. Lilley
Virgins, and the men who possess them.
44th out of 166 books — 121 voters
Confessions of a Sex Addict by Jinni JamesWilling Victim by Cara McKennaDaddy Morebucks by Normandie AllemanWicked Wonderland by Lisa WhitefernWaking the Witch by Lisa Whitefern
Erotic Wish List #1
265th out of 269 books — 147 voters

More lists with this book...

Danielle Bennett
A magnificent romance! I loved it!! It hooked me from the first page. I found myself completely engrossed in the lives of these characters. I hope that Z. Stefani will continue on and make this a series. I would love to hear what happens to the brothers. Not an YA novel
Astraycat
This is also an enemies-to-lovers story, but Gia Love and Maddox Payne become enemies result from feud between the Loves and the Paynes rather than their personal reasons.

I like the first half of the story: from how did Gia and Maddox meet, realize the reason they are born enemies, their long-term "dare" games, to declare their love to each other.

However, after their fathers find their secret, I begin to hate Maddox! He is so childish that just because Gia refuses to desert her father for him, h...more
Bekka
It was a beautiful re-telling of a Romeo and Juliet story. The H&h were great characters and u fell in love with them and couldnt help but feel what they were feeling and hope they got there happy ending. I would reccomend it to anyone who loves a great romance and doesn't mind having a cry now and then : )
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
3.75-4 Stars

Yea. I...ummm...kinda read this rather fast. ehem! 2.5 hours ehem!. I would consider this a short story since it is less than two hundred pages, and the story was pretty compacted, but I didn't care. It's still very entertaining and I really enjoyed it. :)
Kasumi Ren
Jenn Green
Aha, I love me a good modern day Romeo & Juliet type story and this one was awesome!! Funny & sweet, romantic & erotic, heartbreaking & full of surprises. With characters you will fall in love with & characters you will absolutely despise.

Maddox Payne & Gia Love (seriously-how awesome are those names?!??) met in the third grade & became instant best friends....for 1 day. Then their dads saw them together after school & all hell broke loose. You see, the Love's &...more
Katrin
“How can someone made for me, be born my enemy?" he asked, a sadness in his voice. He walked over to her and held her close to him.

"How can I possibly go back to hating you?" she said, a tear running down her cheek.”

So much pain! I love how Z. stefani creat the war between the family even do it's not clear how it's start. Oh right it's because of some betrayal stuff the way way way back! It sucks! But Gia and Maddox find a way to make their love to each other win. I just hate it that the story f...more
Melissa
This was probably the most ridiculous book I have ever read. The writing and story were so silly and over the top.
Krystin
Holy moly the wasted potential on this one! I don't even know how to describe the awkward POV? That's what really ruined this for me. It could have been great told from the right perspective but unfortunately it was read... I don't even know how to describe it honestly? Maybe, eh I don't know.
But I did like the story itself, it wasnt bad, the premise was great. I just wish it could have reached its full potential. If so it definitely could have been a 4 or even 5 star book :(
Linzi Peacock
ToddAn
Started off really interesting...but didn't progress the way I'd hoped. I wanted to see them grow up a bit and then rekindle their romance. After the first few pranks, everything else seemed to progress at an extremely fast pace. this made me feel a little rushed...the 'conflict' was so miniscule...it was downhill from there.
Silvia
4-4.5 SEXY STAARRRR

wow, love vs payne really were romantic and sexy book...it had Miss Z characteristic which was i like it he he the hero full alpha male and the heroinne smart and brave ..gia and maddox hot item together, their chemistry top up to hill..

but i still fell in love with insufferable proximity 1 and 2 he he
Rosie Bowers
3.5 stars from me!
I love the story and was gripped with this book, if I wasn't reading it I was thinking about it! The only reason this hasn't got a 5 is purely because It could have been written better but being the author's 1st book (I think) we can't expect perfect I will def be reading her other book!
Lisa
A modern day, real Romeo and Juliet sort of book. I liked it, I'm a real sucker for a love story. Never knew what was going to happen which gave the story a little mystery and it was not to outdrawn. The ending was rushed I felt, but all in all I liked it.
Stephanie
Very sweet Romeo and Juliet story. I did find myself emotionally invested in the middle of the book and it wrapped most of the plot up nicely. However, there were some characters that were not needed and were left hanging in the end.
Shay
I'm crazy about the whole star-crossed lovers, Romeo & Juliet idea, but this had a little more than a hundred pages and it was too much. Don't really have much to say, it was kinda of disappointing.
Kerri
I enjoyed this hot sexy game of Dare that develops between the children of feuding families. Definitely targeted at the older more mature YA reader though.
Jane
Sep 28, 2013 Jane added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf}
not sure how to review this one yet. I did like it but I didn't get gripped into it as I would have liked.
Patricia BookExhibitionism
Apr 02, 2013 Patricia BookExhibitionism marked it as nope-not-interested-dnf
Due to Jane Litte's review regarding the (view spoiler)
MareTara SLiTsReaD Reviews~Lover of all things MM~Sarcasm Junkie n Kissing SLut~

I think there is a book 2 coming on another Payne... we'll see
Dana
Great characters. A modern day Romeo and Juliet but without the death part :)
Sue
Oct 22, 2012 Sue added it
Fairly good -
Nicki805
Loved this story!!
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Teddy
Teddy is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2014
  • Worth The Risk
  • Freeing Alex (Alexandra Drake, #1)
  • Metal Urge
  • Love Lost (Love's Improbable Possibility, #1)
  • Indelible Lovin': Max & Jane's Story Vol.1
  • Chalk Butterfly: The Complete Trilogy
  • Touch of Eden
  • Beautiful Downfall
  • Edge of Submission (Breathless #1)
  • Messy and Shattered (Abduct, #1)
  • One Heart ~ Two Souls
  • Sex Snob
  • Breaking Perfect
  • Finding North (Naive Mistakes, #1)
  • White Balance
  • Backstage Pass (The Backstage Pass Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Trouble
  • From the Chrysalis
Insufferable Proximity (Insufferable Proximity, #1) Insufferable Proximity 2 (Insufferable Proximity, #2) The Stand Off The Luck Deciding Factor