Start by marking “Get Organized! Your 12 Month Home Clutter Killer Guide: Organizing The House, Decluttering And How To Clean Your Home To Perfection (Gleam Guru)” as Want to Read:

3.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  253 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Sometimes organizing your home just feels too overwhelming.

The closets are jam-packed...
There's no room in the garage for another box...
And the clutter just keeps piling up...

Step back from the chaos and create a plan!

Plans are at their most effective when they feel like they're achievable.
That means breaking up a large-scale project into smaller, bite size, pieces.
This tw
Paperback, Second Edition, 72 pages
Published April 6th 2012 by 3D4T (first published February 15th 2012)

Be the first to ask a question about Get Organized! Your 12 Month Home Clutter Killer Guide

GoldenjoyBazyll
Mar 30, 2012 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it really liked it
Shelves: how-to
This is agreat book for people that have organization issues! As I looked over this VERY quick read.... all I kept thinking is do I just know alot or are there people who just haven't a clue as to where to begin. Most of the ideas in this book I already employ and I can say.... without a doubt.... they work! The real key is to get moving!
Sara Kovach
Jun 25, 2012 Sara Kovach rated it really liked it
This book is simple, straight-forward, and to the point. It would be so easy for anyone to follow. I liked its some-what humorous tone and the fact that it is all just common sense.

I for one am anything but organized. I have read all kinds of organization books and websites. I did find some tips in the book that I am able to put in place. It is always nice to pick up a tip or two. The chapter on creating errand / chore charts was great!!

I was able to sit and read this in one sitting - which mak
Douglas Cootey
Oct 31, 2012 Douglas Cootey rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
This book seems to be a collection of 15 blogs gathered together to promote Leigh's newsletter. If you understand that, then you'll understand why the material feels so slight. I was hoping for a more detailed game plan to help me tackle my home. What I got was general information that is somewhat helpful, but short on details. Telling us to start with our bedroom for the first month because it will make us feel good is not quite the detail I needed. Each month needed a dedicated chapter to help ...more
Josetta
May 17, 2015 Josetta rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goals
This is very geared towards families with kids and gives a general plan of how to organize your home. I did get some useful reminders, but nothing earth shattering! Would be a good idea if she had someone edit her book. There were quite a few errors that should've been caught by a good editor.
Marcia Dene
I know 2 stars is not a great rating but giving a 5 is very rare for me so everything gets pushed back. And let's face it, no book about organizing or cleaning or saving space should ever get more than a 3. Considering all that, 2 is not bad. The lady cuts to the chase which is great for reference, but makes reading the entire book get old at least half way through. It took me three times as long to read the second half as it did the first half. There are a decent number of ideas that should hel ...more
Jim Robert
Jun 28, 2012 Jim Robert rated it it was amazing
I am a neat freak! I hate a dirty house and I even have this bad habit of cleaning when I go over to friends and family members’ houses. Now I came across the back room in my basement, and this is where my kids throw all of their sports stuff and clothes that don’t fit, and anything else they can think of. It was a mess and it was driving me nuts. So I thought I would Google new ways to organize and I came across this book. All of the tips are easy to accomplish and make a huge difference in you ...more
Antiquus
Jun 26, 2012 Antiquus rated it did not like it
It was a quick read but it would've been nice if more images/examples were added to prove the theory. There's nothing in this book that many people did not know already. I got this book for free, some might have spent something to get a copy but there are websites that actually offer the same information at no cost with many different interesting examples that are self- explanatory and can actually provide more information better than this book.
R Jean
Jun 28, 2012 R Jean rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t expecting a whole lot from this book but I was pleasantly surprised. I recently moved and had no idea where to start with organizing my new place. Two weeks into it and I still had boxes scattered about. After going through this book I got a lot of great ideas and now I have a neat and organized home. This book is a great read, I have already told a few friends about it.
Sam Le
Nov 23, 2012 Sam Le rated it really liked it
Love the Simple Stick Rule: "You won’t be beating yourself or anything with this rule! The rule is this: you have to promise yourself that you won’t buy anything new until you’ve removed all types of clutter from your house. (That means clothes, treats and other luxuries – not food!) You’ll save money in the process and avoid cluttering areas with items that you really don’t need."
Dani Star
Jun 28, 2012 Dani Star rated it it was amazing
I hate cleaning and organizing anything, my friend showed me this book as kind of a kick in the pants, and I am glad she did. This little book is very easy to read and follow, it has definitely made an impact in the rooms I have totally revamped. I highly recommend this book to anyone who just needs a little shove into the de-cluttering world.
Elice Mcneely
Not bad

Very easy to follow game plan on decluttering. A good bit of was logical....some of it too much for my personality
Cassandra Wilson
Jun 03, 2012 Cassandra Wilson rated it liked it
Reading this book on my kindle, I enjoyed the simple layout of the text. Some of the tips were extremely helpful. I became lost within the text during the discussion of the chalkboard and Post-it notes. This book is a good book for beginners. I think the book needed to elaborate more.
C.E. Hart
Sep 10, 2015 C.E. Hart rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
An easy, quick read. Some tips are helpful, but many are (to me) common sense. But, in the author's defense, I am already an organizational freak. ;)

The book has nice illustrations and easy to follow remedies to de-clutter your home.
Joyce
Jul 01, 2012 Joyce rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Redundant. I didn't find this book helpful. It was mostly geared toward families with children and I don't have children. Also much of the advice I've heard or read before.
Marie
Jun 21, 2012 Marie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, but I guess that for those who are totally green on the subject it could be a useful place to start.
Lori Bigby
The book had lots of good tips. There are several that I will implement right away. Pretty easy to read, less easy to do!
Scott Whitney
Dec 27, 2012 Scott Whitney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has some great ideas about cutting the clutter in the home. I liked the idea of the three tier system.
Sherri
Jul 20, 2012 Sherri rated it it was ok
Provided very little info that I didn't already know. Did nothing to motivate me.
Lisa
May 05, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
This book makes getting organized easy and simple. It's a must read!
Simon
Jun 03, 2013 Simon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked that it was short. Kind of basic, but it was free on Kindle.
Charlene Intriago
A "freebie" Kindle book . . . it had some good suggestions.
Amy
Oct 10, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2012
Batch adding books I've read on my kindle. :)
Estelle
May 07, 2012 Estelle rated it liked it
Easy to read, some tips are useful.
Therese
Sep 15, 2012 Therese rated it did not like it
Thank goodness I got this free...awful!
Tori
Jun 10, 2013 Tori rated it it was ok
free from prime lending library
Joy
Feb 16, 2013 Joy rated it liked it
Very helpful.
Patty Baskin
Patty Baskin marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Tom Grove
Tom Grove marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Dorothy
Dorothy marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
  • Kitchen Organization Made Easy: Creative Kitchen Storage and Pantry Storage Solutions
  • Unclutter Your Life! How to Tame Your Mess, Calm Your Mind, Lighten your Load
  • Winning the Clutter War
  • How To Declutter Your Home And Your Life: Minimalist Concepts To Help You Start Organizing Today
  • eBay 101: Selling on eBay For Part-time or Full-time Income, Beginner to PowerSeller in 90 Days
  • Declutter Your Life: Reduce Stress, Increase Productivity, and Enjoy Your Clutter-Free Life
  • 25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide  for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life
  • Purple Squirrel: Stand Out, Land Interviews and Master the Modern Job Market
  • Getting Rid Of It: Eliminate the Clutter in Your Life
  • Get A Life! 8 Steps to Create Your Own Life List
  • Simple Living - 30 days to less stuff and more life
  • 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month
  • How to De-clutter and Make Money Now: Turn Clutter Into Cash with The One-Minute Organizer (Organizing for Simple Living)
  • Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It. Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style
  • Minimalist Living: Decluttering for Joy, Health, and Creativity
  • Saving for Retirement without Living Like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery
  • Even You Can Learn Statistics: A Guide for Everyone Who Has Ever Been Afraid of Statistics
  • Boost Your Memory: Brilliant Ideas You Won't Forget (52 Brilliant Ideas)
Colette Leigh is a busy wife and mother of three children, two Labradors and a work at home husband, and they live in wonderful Wyoming.

Despite the constant onslaught of papers, toys and visiting children, she manages to keep the family home organized and clutter free, and was cajoled into writing her first book by her best friends, Laurie, May and Jennifer.

This book went on to become the internat
More about Colette Leigh...