Start by marking “Heart of Rock” as Want to Read:
Heart of Rock

Heart of Rock

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Irishman Brogan Byrne is at the pinnacle of rock music success in 1974. Handsome, charismatic, with a three-octave voice, you’d think he had it all. But Byrne sinks to new depths of depravity with women, liquor, and drugs.

Carly Montgomery is an ambitious record executive offered an opportunity to be manager for the last leg of Byrne's tour. Though she's detached and tough
ebook
Published June 30th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Rock

Vanessa theJeepDiva
Heart of Rock by Karyn Gerrard is the story of Brogan Byrne, Irish rock star, his rise to fame in the 1970’s and his tortured soul. We meet Brogan in 1970, an Irish Protestant in Ireland who is in love with Tarrah, an Irish Catholic. The lover’s relationship is cut short when tragedy befalls them leaving Brogan with a heart of rock.

Fast forward the story four years and Brogan is leading a life a wild sexual orgies, drugs and alcohol to numb the pain he feels towards the responsibility of Tarrah’
Liz at Fictional Candy
This story begins with a prologue in Belfast 1970 with the main character, Brogan, and his girlfriend out walking after a night on the town. Without giving anything away, this prologue really sets the scene for why Brogan is the way he is. It’s very vivid and heartbreaking.

Jump forward to 1974 and Brogan is a class A jerk, and that’s being nice about it. He’s rude, condescending, pompous, abusive, and an addict on top of it all. He’s screwing up his life, and that’s why Carly is pretty much assi
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Melissa D
Book provided by Decadent Publishing
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Heart of Rock by Karyn Gerrard is not part of a series but I would like to read more about the members of the band. I chose this book because the blurb interested me. I wanted to see how Carly and Brogan fall for each other.

Brogan Byrne is a hot and sexy man who has the perfect voice. While he should have it all he is busy destroying his success with women, liquor, and drugs. When he is sober h
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Thank you to Decadent Publishing and Karyn Gerrard for the opportunity to read this story. I promo'd this story back in July but I finally got to read it.

The idea of this story made me want to read it. I enjoy reading romances of different variety, but this one being set in the 70's made me interested even more. There are things in this book that were difficult to read, mainly because of what I am going to school for. I had to keep in mind that this was set in the 70's and it was the scene then
Karyn Gerrard
Dec 02, 2012 Karyn Gerrard rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Heart of Rock is no longer available. I no longer have any dealings with Silver Publishing.

HEART OF ROCK was just offered a contract from Decadent Publishing!! Will be available again soon. Will let you all know when I have a date. The title will stay the same. There will be a new cover.

To everyone who bought, read, reviewed and/or rated, I thank you~
Jaundyce
Wonderful short novella, lots of heart, emotion and rock star goodness!
Melanie
Let me see if I can describe this story in one sentence….Best things come in small packages and this short, hot, sensual and unbelievably sweet love story is perfect summer read.

Have any of you seen Tom Cruise in his latest movie ‘Rock of Ages’? He played your typical 80′s Rock Star and oh. em. gee. did he do an awesome job! Well, our hero was just like that. He inoculates himself with drugs, drink and sex (not necessarily in that order) in order to keep his heart rock solid and from engaging it
Buffy Kennedy
I have mixed feelings about this book in all honesty. I like the broken man needing healing angle, sure, but he really hits rock bottom at the beginning and it’s hard to like Brogan at all. However, as he’s forced to clean up and he realizes just how bad he’d gotten, he kind of grew on me. I like Carly, especially for how she manhandles Brogan, but she gets reckless with him. I appreciate his transformation and her role in making it happen, but I don’t know how much I liked exactly how it played ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Irishman Brogan Byrne, a rock star, living a rock-n-roll lifestyle consequences be damned and thensome. Brogan's life is out of control in so many ways over doing the drugs, booze, and wild unprotected sex doesn't leave his family much choice but to wash their hands of him completely. Carly Montgomery has now been assigned to be Brogan's babysitter until he sobers up some. The rest of Brogan's band and former manager want nothing to do with Brogan ever again. Yet being in Carly's presences sooth ...more
Gayl Taylor
Heart of Rock takes Brogan Byrne, a rock star from the 70's from a heartbreaking past to a life of excess - using women, sex, booze and drugs to fuel that existence. Brogan starts as a character you dislike for his arrogance but as the layers of his past and of his pain peel back, you find possible redemption for this arrogant rock idol.

His record label is at its last straw with Brogan's antics. Enter Carly Montgomery, a successful manager for the label tasked with cleaning Brogan up. This is no
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I love a good quick read about a rock star. For some reason, it always makes me reminisce on the rock stars I had a crush on as a teenager and well..let’s just admit now…I still have a crush on. =)

Karyn Gerrard gives you a story of what happens to rock stars, when they have inner demons in them and that one person, who pulls them out of their hardship. Brogan Byrne is a Irishman, who is touring with his band, but he is losing his mind and his friends pretty
Daria
ok so I usually stay away from "rock star" stories. Brogan is no difference. Spoiled and stubborn he is. Such a emo-roller coaster ride. This was a fast ride a quick read that I gave 3 stars. As short as this read is I wanted to smack the Star myself.(smiles) He has one that will stand up to him that one put up with his stupid self destructing behavior. We have to love the time frame it was set in who cant like the 70's? As the story goes we can see why our hero tries to bury himself in sex, dru ...more
Gergaz
Glad this story has found a new home.

Great read set in 1974. Really get a feel for the era. Hedonistic rock star carries a lot of baggage, and just may have found the one woman who can help him with the load. Again, lots of emotion, and humor too. The hero at times is not very likeable, but you feel for him. Well done.
Jaundyce
Just want to say how much I enjoyed this novella. So glad it found a new home! Brogan has his problems, but Karyn manages to make you feel sorry for this spoiled rock star. Also, the heroine stands up to him. I really liked her. Just what Brogan needed. It is not often you find a romance set in the 1970's so that was cool.
Jaundyce
Just want to say how much I enjoyed this novella. So glad it found a new home! Brogan has his problems, but Karyn manages to make you feel sorry for this spoiled rock star. Also, the heroine stands up to him. I really liked her. Just what Brogan needed. It is not often you find a romance set in the 1970's so that was cool!
JoAnne Kenrick
I read the Decadent Publishing version:

Stong voice. Intoxicating characters. Colorful settings. Gerrad certainly captured the heart of 70s rockers in HEART OF ROCK and the struggles fame can bring. Her descriptions were so vivid, and the emotions so rich.
Gergaz
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Teazia Cockburn
Teazia Cockburn marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Tr
Tr marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Melissa Allen
Melissa Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Deborah Gemmell
Deborah Gemmell marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Teresa Cranner
Teresa Cranner marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Sam Shivy
Sam Shivy marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Juli Morgan
Juli Morgan marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Felicia Whitt
Felicia Whitt marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
  • Stardom (Fusion, #3)
  • Melody's Wolf (Lyric Hounds, #1)
  • Celestial Seduction (1Night Stand, #17)
  • Together in Cyn (Members Only, #1)
  • Unplugged (A Portrait of a Rock Star)
  • Slammed (San Amaro Singles, #3)
  • For Everything
  • Good Cop, Bad Cop
  • Red Riding Hood
  • The Trouble With Sin (Devilish Vignettes #2)
  • Turkish Delights (1Night Stand, #54; Turkish Delights, #1)
  • Release
  • Labyrinth
  • Wet Dream (1Night Stand, #24)
  • Soft Sounds of Pleasure (Devilish De Marco Men, #1)
  • Rock My World
  • Wasteland (Wasteland, #1-4)
  • Codename Autumn (Undercover Embassy #1)
I no longer rate or review books, so I will no longer be coming to this site. I decided not to delete my account or my author profile, but I will not be updating it going forward.

Check out my books here: http://www.karyngerrard.com/p/my-book...

Check out what books are coming soon: http://www.karyngerrard.com/p/coming-...

Check out my site here: http://karyngerrard.com/

You can find me on other socia
More about Karyn Gerrard...
The Riding Crop (Riding Crop #1) The Wicked Bad The Governess and the Beast (Blind Cupid, #2) Timeless Heart  (Timeless Hearts #1) My Vampire Cover Model (Cover Models #1)