Start by marking “The Zombie Room” as Want to Read:
The Zombie Room

Read Book* *Different edition

The Zombie Room

3.61  ·  Rating Details ·  17,535 Ratings  ·  130 Reviews
An unlikely bond is forged between three men from very different backgrounds when they serve time together in prison. A series of wrong turns and disastrous life choices has led to their incarceration. Following their release, Mangle, Decker and Tazeem stick together as they return to a life of crime, embarking on a lucrative scam. But when they stumble upon a sophisticate ...more
Published July 26th 2012 by Book Guild Publishing

Srivatsan
Jan 11, 2016 Srivatsan rated it really liked it
This is a brilliant Thriller. Love the characterization of the main characters Mangle, Decker and Tazeem with different backgrounds who end up together.

When I was thinking how the author will connect the Zombie Room to the story, the introduction of Zombie Room was interesting and some parts were really scary. Several fights towards the end were interesting and cinematic. Overall the book was fun and thrilling to read. 4.25/5.
Daniel Middlewood
Jun 24, 2012 Daniel Middlewood rated it it was amazing
This book covers everything that could be asked for in a novel of its type, it has extensive and believable action, the characters have depth and believability with a true sense of reality running through every page, the plot is a mind blowing reality of the true human condition and how it is affected by extreme circumstances. The emotions and character connections that are found in the book are far beyond anything I have ever read and I am yet to find a story that manages to be as complex in st ...more
Lando27
Feb 07, 2014 Lando27 rated it did not like it
"This book is terrible" was pretty much the consensus of every person in our book club. It's unrealistic, juvenile, misogynistic, and boring. It feels like it was written by an unmediacted 14-year-old boy with ADD who has seen too many bad movies.
Sokolataki88
Oct 06, 2012 Sokolataki88 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the very beginning, the plot is very cleverly put together. The twists and turns make it impossible to put down. Also, the characters in the Zombie Room stay with you long after you finish the book, they are weirdly endearing criminals. A must-read if you are looking for a good thriller.
Victoria
Dec 26, 2015 Victoria rated it it was amazing
brilliant book for such a small book it was surprising how much happened. A definite twist at the end. Highly recommend if your into these kind of books.
David Berkowitz
Mar 21, 2015 David Berkowitz rated it really liked it
The Zombie Room is fast paced and Ronald's style is engaging. The characters are diverse and effort was obviously expended to make their actions consistent with their background as established in the early pages.

That said, the characters remain a somewhat cardboard - though it is a high quality of cardboard.

The plot really breaks no new ground in the genre, but I knew that going on so I was not disappointed. I did find the end somewhat unsatisfying. If this is the first part of a multi-part sa
Taylor thompson
Jan 17, 2013 Taylor thompson rated it did not like it
BORRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!
Liam Delahunty
Jul 05, 2013 Liam Delahunty rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime
The Zombie Room is about three guys who meet in prison, try to go straight, get involved in a little scam and stumble into a sex trafficking gang.

The start of the book is highly enjoyable, but as more action is added in the second half the author occasionally failed to describe the scenes accurately and appropriately so that I was confused as to the layout of a scene, or how they are now on foot when previously driving. Tiny points but should have been picked up in the editing.

(view spoiler)
Akaii
May 17, 2016 Akaii rated it liked it
I had high expectations with this novel. Actually the beginning part of this book was highly enjoyable and the events turned out pretty fast paced with unpredictable story line. But after second half, the story was really confusing .I was bemused by how it would start talking about one character then the next swipe of the book would start talking about something else. And the worst part of this book was the ending. The abrupt ending was highly disappointing . The Zombie Room has an intelligent p ...more
Jenne
Feb 18, 2014 Jenne rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2014
1.5
I don't really read much from this genre so I really tried to be openminded about it. The story was flat for me, no character depth, the story felt scattered, and I really found myself not caring what happened. The writing flow and rapid change of POV was a real issue for me. If I hadn't of needed this for two challenges I probably would of DNF it. The only good thing I can say is that at least it was short.
Rebecca McNutt
Mar 18, 2016 Rebecca McNutt rated it really liked it
Shelves: friendship, crime, fiction
Nope, this book isn't one of those annoying zombie dystopian novels despite its title. Actually it's about three men in prison and the way they survive. I found the language too crass and rude sometimes but otherwise The Zombie Room is an excellent novel with themes similar to books and films like The Shawshank Redemption and Prison of Secrets.
Heather L
Well I have a few different feelings about this book. This is my first novel I've read by this author. I went from intrigued, to curious, to confusion, then at last disappointment. I get the whole storyline and that was good, but if you're looking for a happy ending or any kind of vengeance for the victims, you are not going to find it here. And I'm not sure if it was the kindle format or what, but I was so confused by how it would start talking about one character then the next swipe of the boo ...more
Dan Eccleston
Mar 23, 2014 Dan Eccleston rated it really liked it
I really should of read the synopsis cause this book isn't about Zombies at all ! BUT it's a great read , fast paced , enough back story to get you by and few twists and turns along the way !
Paige
Feb 16, 2013 Paige rated it it was ok
Shelves: loathe-entirely
This book was written poorly; the format was strange and it skipped around too much an had no way of differentiating when the narrator was talking about a new character. I don't recommend.
GAGE S
Mar 05, 2013 GAGE S rated it did not like it
its not that good
Shanu
May 10, 2013 Shanu rated it did not like it
this piece of writing needs so much editing that i can't call it a book.
John Buckle
Mar 28, 2015 John Buckle rated it it was amazing
“The Zombie Room” by R.D. Ronald is a very high intensity, action packed thriller with lots of violence and shoot-outs. This is a book for someone who likes suspenseful, plot twisting, quick progression style books. The story follows three convicts with very different backgrounds who meet in prison and become very close friends. Tazeem, Mangle, and Decker are so close that even after their prison sentences, they remain best friends. After prison the story picks up very quickly. They look for leg ...more
Martin Sharp
Apr 02, 2012 Martin Sharp rated it it was amazing
Mangle, Decker and Tazeem. A drug dealer, a killer and a fraudster. Not exactly your typical "heroes" but these three men have ended up together in prison - following some bad life decisions - and form an unlikely bond in prison.
When they are eventually released, they look for ways to make money but stumble upon a sophisticated sex-trafficking operation that leads them in to real danger. A family member disappears and a friend is killed.
Will the three men get justice and be brave enough to bring
Amanda Turner
Oct 04, 2012 Amanda Turner rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I read 'The Elephant Tree', Ronald's first novel last year, and had to pick up 'The Zombie Room' when it came out this year.

Ronald picks up the pace in this novel, with WAY more action, more characters, and even a cameo from a character in his first book. I'm excited that he linked the two novels, evolving the world in which they belong... and also their stories.

This novel deals with race, prison, violence, sex trafficking, illegal immigration.... and much more. It reads like a
Hawkekelseyhotmail.com
Dec 02, 2013 Hawkekelseyhotmail.com rated it did not like it
I don't usually write reviews but I need to prevent other people from choosing to read this. If I could rate this book lower than 1 star I would. So poorly written and terrible.
Tara Beckwith
Jan 08, 2014 Tara Beckwith rated it did not like it
I felt like I was reading a rough draft. It was choppy. The characters had interesting stories but it just came across completely flat in every aspect.
Mark G
Nov 03, 2012 Mark G rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime, thriller
A gritty, crime drama, which shows the depths you can fall, when you make the wrong decisions, on the wrong side of the law.

Great book with non-stop action and plenty of twists and turns.
Todd Mino
Dec 11, 2014 Todd Mino rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this book, and according to the reviews a lot of people did. But personally I never got attached to the characters and it just sort of felt like a cheesy crime novel.
Janey
Dec 11, 2012 Janey rated it it was amazing
An excellent tale of betrayal, deceit and corruption that gives an in-depth insight on the lives of four very different people from very different circumstances that are brought together by the choices they have made, or have been inflicted upon, and the journey they embark on (after their respective lessons have been learnt).
This for me is a thrilling piece of literature, which I found very hard to put down after the initial introduction of the protagonists which I found to be very explanatory
George King
Oct 07, 2012 George King rated it it was amazing
On a recent trip back to the UK, I was lucky enough to meet the author R. D. Ronald doing a book signing in Newcastle. In all honesty I hadn't heard of Richard or his books, but he spoke with such conviction and passion about his work and why he writes, I bought both his titles, The Zombie Room and The Elephant Tree and I have to say I was not disappointed! In fact I read The Zombie Room on the flight back to the US becasue I couldn't put it down. The Zombie Room is an excellent, well written bo ...more
Adam
Sep 20, 2012 Adam rated it it was amazing
Another great book from RD Ronald. this book as with the elephant tree consumes your mind. it takes you on a journey through lives that you would never normally know exists. the whole story seems real.
Danielle Brown
Jun 30, 2015 Danielle Brown rated it did not like it
I don't understand all the rave reviews about this book. I found I was interested at the beginning, but soon found it almost painful to get through. The descriptions brought back memories of high school creative writing class. I really wanted to like it, but sadly, just couldn't.
Pat
Nov 05, 2012 Pat rated it it was amazing
This book pulls out all the stops. It's risky and that's what gives it its success. At many parts, my heart raced for the sake of the characters. There were some surprises and some bits that were bound to happen, but happen a little differently than expected.
James Cox
Apr 16, 2013 James Cox rated it really liked it
Well written and dark. I liked it.
Christina Wood
Oct 04, 2012 Christina Wood rated it it was amazing
This book has loads of great twists and turns, I seriously didn't put it down and finished it in 3 days!
5 star review from Night Owl Reviews 1 26 Jul 30, 2012 02:06AM
  • Dark Lands: Requiem
  • Crocuses and Blackbirds: Free Preview of Part 1 (The Golden Path Quintet #1)
  • Just a Coincidence (Dave Slater Mystery Novels, #2)
  • The Starchild Compact
  • White Mythology
  • The Informers
  • The Turkish Connection (Birth of an Assassin)
  • Clown Girl
  • Guns and Dogs (American Legends, #1)
  • Dead Babies
  • The Blow-Up Man
  • Fludd
  • Into Happy Havens
  • The Coma
  • The Five Gates of Hell
  • RISEN: The accession and devolution of Yahweh Ben Yahweh: Miami's Urban Chronicles Volume 1
  • Boom!
  • The Room
An award winning transgressive crime novelist (whatever that means) for All and None.

Author of The Elephant Tree and The Zombie Room. Now writing more books while getting older and more miserable.

Twitter: @RDRonaldauthor
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RDRonald
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/101643152...
More about R.D. Ronald...

“Around the outside of the room other beautiful women wearing little or nothing at all flitted between the infatuated, intoxicated men, sometimes luring them away for a private dance. The men would follow obediently, weighed down by lust and credit cards.” 14 likes
“If your world is out there and you are in here then the only things that will gather within these walls are time and bitterness. Eventually, that bitterness will eat away at you and leave nothing behind but resentment and hate.” 9 likes