Start by marking “Angels Don't Knock!” as Want to Read:
Angels Don't Knock!

Angels Don't Knock! (1st Angel Series #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  415 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Who or what is Jason? Ghost? Angel? The answer slowly becomes apparent to Samantha Allen when Jason enters her life from the dimension beyond and declares his undying (pun intended) love for her. You see, Jason and Samantha has been intended for each other. But through a mix-up on the other side, Jason was born thirty years too soon. Consequently, they don't meet as they w ...more
Published 1994 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Angels Don't Knock!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels Don't Knock!

Fablehaven by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HaleGrip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon MullRise of the Evening Star by Brandon MullSecrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull
Best of LDS Fiction
140th out of 272 books — 244 voters
Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
346th out of 466 books — 417 voters

More lists with this book...

Sara ♥
I was given this book for my birthday.... and I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I've vented.

WOW. It was bad. SUPER bad. Just so, so incredibly bad, I can't get over it. I give it 1.5 stars, because the idea was good. I wanted the hero and heroine to get together. But the execution? I'm tempted to rewrite the whole thing for the author so I can show him how it's done. Because wow. I can't get over the super-duper badness.

(A) The Writing
You could tell RIGHT off the bat that the story wasn'
Karen
Imagine if you can that you are contracted to marry one special person, to be together throughout eternity, but you never met. That is just Jason's problem. due to a typographical error on his contract he is born 30 years before the one girl he contracted with. After dying in an accident in Vietnam (don't ask him what kind!) he has to return as an angel to court and explain to Samantha that they were destined to be married. At first she is frightened of him and then just plain annoyed. You see s ...more
Megan
I read this book when I was in 6th grade. I read almost all of the novels, and refuse to reread them because of how much I liked them. I'm certain that I would really dislike them now, however am still interested in the basic plot.
Kristyn
Sep 18, 2008 Kristyn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all 11+
They were destined to be together by a contract in heaven, but a type-o had him born 45 years too early. Now that she's grown he wants to start courting her, only she's got a boyfriend and he's a ghost.
This was a really cute book by an LDS author. It wasn't great writing, but for his first book it was good and entertaining and I will look for some of his other books to read.
There were several similarities to this story and the movie "Just Like Heaven" which I love. Next time I watch the movie I
Susan
Jason is courting Samantha. He tells her they are destined to be together. The only problem is that Jason is an angel. He hates it when Samantha calls him a ghost. It's pretty difficult to be romantic with someone who goes through walls and can't be touched. Hence, the title "Angels Don't Knock." Samantha has been dating Bruce for sometime and decides to become engaged. Basically, because Bruce is a real person and Samantha believes she can change him. Jason calls Bruce a "whimp!" It has an exci ...more
Rebecca Turnbow
I love this book it is filled with tons of romance! The excitement and intensity in the book never ends. Sam or Samantha (the main character) is faced with a very big problem. She has to choose between 2 men. She is also faced with a life or death situation. This book is so good that when you finish the book you can’t wait to pick up the next book in the series.
Kayla Decker
This book is one of my all time favorites. I mean, yeah, it's an easy read and really really short, but it has its moments. I love the idea of a 'soul-mate' who was accidentally born too early and died before meeting his love. I see it as a great fluff book, and loved the sequels that I read. This is one series that I read at least once a year.
Breanna
I throughly enjoyed reading this book. I was having a bad day and I was sitting on the school bus on the way home. It came to the part I had been waiting for- how Jason died. I- sitting on the edge of my seat, began to laugh uncontrollably. It definitely brightened up my day. (You would have to read the book to why the how of his death is funny).
Amelia
I love this fun series. Lily is reading it now too. It's about a couple who have an eternal contract to be married, but he is accidentaly born forty-some years too early and consequently ends up courting her as an angel. It's funny and sweet. Dan Yates lives in Arizona and most of his books are set in Arizona, so I feel right at home.
Stephanie
I can't even explain how much I disliked this book! It was a book club book. It was this author's first novel. It could have used maybe two more trips through the editing room. The characters were far fetched and under developed. I couldn't even finish this one. Torture.
Jocelyn Jellinich
i absolutely loved this book. i like romance storied like this. this book is very different from all the others i have ever read before. it is not at all like twilight. i would recommend this book for girls unless guys like romance stories.
Marian.brady
Very interesting idea... I girls future husband is sent to earth 30+ years too early as a mistake, so they can't meet. He comes back as a ghost/angel to "court" her. Some really fun humor.
Marci
Mar 27, 2008 Marci rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008
A lovely, cheesey Mormon romance that for some reason I can't put down. I loved it when I was in middle school and I just reread it and even though I can see just how silly it is...I still love it.
Kristy
Cute story line. I was interested to see how the story progressed however the writing was quite be labored. Could tell it was the authors first book.
Audrey
I could tell this was his first novel. The dialog was LONG and BORING! Fun idea, just needed more work. I felt like this was a first draft.
Heather
What an adorably unique story. This is a very light and easy read that makes matters of the heart more important than logistics.
Julie
This was a really quick read. Not a deep book by any means, but a fun read. Interesting storyline, and I laughed, which is always a plus.
Melinda
It was a cute read while I was bed ridden. It is unrealistic love story between a human and a spirit that fall in love. weird but cute.
Lauren Beynon
oh my goodness! i loved this book so much! i coudln't put it down! anyone looking for a good love story, this one is the best!
Jenny
Karen
It is a quick read. It is a bit silly, the ending is disapointing. I don't think anyone should quit living there life prematurly.
Carissa
its definetly a novel and something that is just a book to read for fun, but its a good book and very cute!
Lindsay
Feb 25, 2008 Lindsay rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: someone who needs a fun book to read over a weekend
This has to be one of my FAVORITE books. It's not very big, so it's a quick read, but it sure is fun!
Aubry
I thought this was a fun light read. Enjoyed the chacters. Was glad I knew there were more in the series.
Holly
A light fun read. I'm glad Sam makes the choice she does. I think my teen age daughters would like this book.
Amanda Packer
This was one of the first books I can remember reading and loving. I enjoyed the complete series!
Kayla
Oct 29, 2008 Kayla added it
I loved this book! You will have to read to find out! But it is a beautiful story.
Charmaine E. Pooh
These books are a cute series about a ghost who loves a girl who is still alive.
Connie
Easy read, just about half thru it right now. More for the teenage crowd but good.
Christi
Jul 07, 2011 Christi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
fun little series. kind of done by the third book though. liked the premise.
  • No Time for Love
  • A Heartbeat Away
  • When Tomorrow Comes
  • Forever Kate
  • The Guardian (Gables of Legacy, #1)
  • Perfect Timing
  • Grave Secrets
  • Amethysts and Arson (Gems and Espionage, #6)
  • The Mist of Quarry Harbor

1st Angel Series (8 books)
  • Just Call Me an Angel
  • Angels to the Rescue
  • An Angel in the Family
  • It Takes an Angel
  • An Angel's Christmas
  • Angel on Vacation
  • An Angel in Time
Just Call Me an Angel Angels to the Rescue An Angel in the Family It Takes an Angel Angel on Vacation