Start by marking “More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts” as Want to Read:
More Last-Minute Knitt...

Joelle Hoverson

More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  339 ratings  ·  56 reviews
When STC Craft published Joelle Hoverson’s Last-Minute Knitted Gifts in 2004, the response was overwhelming and today there are nearly 100,000 copies of this classic in print. Six years later, Hoverson is full of fresh, new ideas for beautiful gifts. So STC proudly presents More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts: an elegant collection of 30 projects organized according to the time ...more
Published September 13th 2011 by STC Craft | Melanie Falick Books (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts

Kaitlyn Abshire
I received a free copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a honest and unbiased review.

A quick go to book that any knitter would love! This book includes knitting patterns that are separated by 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours, and so forth. The more simple, quick patterns include bookmarks and coffee sleeves. The complex and more time consuming patterns include a cardigan, scarf, and even a sweater pattern.

This book gears more forwards intermediate knitters and one who already understands kni
Lena
Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of the book. This book is a great staple pattern book for any knitter. It comes with 32 patterns, each divided into sections based on the amount of time required to knit--a very helpful bit of information if you're racing the clock on a handknit gift (guilty as charged). There is a good variety of patterns at varying complexities, including socks, scarves, hats, baby items, and smaller knits like coasters and cup cozies. The back of the bo ...more
So, I Read This Book Today
Great "I finished it!" book Yes. I admit it. I am addicted to color. Color everywhere – in my home, in my arts, in my knitting. I am a total and complete addict. And you know what? I have NO intention to 12-step it away!
And then, of course, there is design. Fibers, textures, unusual lines. All these things are important to me. And there a boat-ton of patterns I have in my stash that make full use of all of these lovelies. But you know what? I would have to live to be 500 to make all these things
Brandy
A delightful collection of had made gifts you will want to make for yourself and everyone else. This is a rare collection of projects that I actually could see myself not just making but also giving and having that gift appreciated. Often these collections contain just a handful of projects that I would want to receive or could see a recipient enjoying. This book is packed with projects for friends and loved one of all ages (baby socks, button bracelets through zip up vest) and both genders (mov ...more
Caroline Mersey
The lovely people at NetGalley let me have a review copy of More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson, even though it was published back in 2011 and is now quite an old book.

The premise behind this book is a simple one – a range of simple projects that can be knitted quickly to provide small gifts for others. Accordingly, they’re arranged by time-to-knit rather than by project type.

There’s a good range of patterns for all the family and for the home. Everything from mug cosies, to simple
Apryl Anderson
The more I explore this book, the more I like it. The patterns are so simple. In fact, I’ve probably seen them before in other manifestations. Yet the way that Hoverson arranges them in chapters from least to more time required already stands ahead for ease of use. What’s the quickest thing I can knit up? Find it in “Less-than-2-Hour-Gifts.” Or do I prefer to spend more time in practicing a certain technique? Then 2-4, 4-6, 6-8, and More-Than-8-Hour Gifts probably has something I’m looking for. ...more
Brandie
I love nothing more than to knit people gifts, so when I was given a chance to review More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson, I jumped at the chance!

The book has been out for awhile, but I hadn't yet had a chance to look it over. I've read Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (also by Hoverson) and knit from it, so I figured it was a good chance I'd like the More book as well, and I was right!

I loved so many of the projects in this book that I really think I could make most of them. Of course,
Anastacia
This is a nice addition to your knitted books library. There's a variety of projects & skill levels, though the 2 hours or less category was my least favorite and a little lacking in originality (this is very hard to do, admittedly! Coming up with something to knit in that amount of time is not easy. Personally, I would have preferred more original patterns with maybe a five hours or less time frame). The projects in the last chapter I definitely wouldn't consider last minute gifts, and cons ...more
Donna Maguire
I received a copy of this book from the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for a review and I was not disappointed, there are some lovely ideas in here. I love to knit and was was thrilled to be given an opportunity to check this book out. I am what you would call an intermediate knitter and there were so many ideas and projects in the book I could do it was great, its nice that its not mainly focused on those with more advanced skills and had things for all skill sets. It has easy to follow i ...more
Lindsay
**I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.**

The accompanying pictures in this book are absolutely gorgeous. This is a gorgeous book! Alright the visual stuff is out of the way lets get to the nitty gritty. I found the patterns relatively easy to follow. I loved the ideas on wrapping the gifts at the end. I also loved the range of projects. I really liked the break down of time restraint projects. There are projects for every gift giving need. Bir
Jeannette
My first knitting book! I love it!!!!
Elizabeth Grieve
I was fortunate enough to receive a review copy of this book, and it is rather lovely. It has a wide range of projects, from bookmarks to delicate cardigans and blankets, and there is something to appeal to all knitters. The photographs are beautiful, showing each item in more than one colour or type of yarn, and there is are clear instructions for each project. Also included are alphabet and number templates (so items may be personalised), and tips on giftwrapping and presenting knitted items.

S
Bunny
There's something odd about the way the patterns are written in this book. The repeats, specifically on the larger wear items, like cardigans and sweaters. It makes the lines longer, and it isn't the best for following along.

Other than that, the collection of patterns is wonderful here. A good variety of different items, different techniques. And they're not all for DPN worshippers, which is a welcome change.

A good little read.
Denise
I received an Reviewer's Copy of this book on NetGalley.

A nice addition to the "quick knits" canon, with the majority of the patterns being predictable simple-knits fair, like hats, scarves, baby booties, etc., but there are a few stand-out new ideas, like the chunky-yarn baskets, and the stuffed house-shaped pillow, that make the book worth taking a look at.

A few of the patterns are "classic" quick gift ideas, like the ribbed beanie and baby cardigan, but some of the patterns seemed like "fil
Library
Hoverson's book is filled with cute knitting projects that are great gifts. However, the lack of pictures (except for finished products) might make this book a difficult one for beginning knitters. The suggestions on incorporating yarn into the gift wrapping was brilliant and a great use for leftover yarn.
Skoo
I got his book into the house and before to long had passed I cast on my first project. The hat on the front cover. It takes me a bit longer to knit, but I don't really know what I'm doing, and I'm slow. However, since then I've knit several of these hats as gifts. Next I'm going to try the handwarmers. I'm for sure going to try the soft as clouds cowl. I just love the look of lace, even though it's such a struggle to knit. It can be worth it though. The book has several other projects I'd like ...more
D
What a beautiful book! I loved the first Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, and use it as a reliable source of knitting patterns. I look forward to knitting these new, quick things that can be used for gifts, or just fun, interesting projects to knit and keep.
Atlantis
Lots of cute patterns categorized by an approximation of how long they take to complete. Also gives ideas on how to gift wrap them. I really want to try the pointy elf hat pictured on the front cover. SO ADORABLE.
Beth Nieman
Easy to see why knitters would enjoy this one--projects are grouped by the amount of time needed to complete, from 2 hours to more than 8 hours; designs and colors look contemporary but with the classic appeal of a handmade gift.
Karen Vogel
What a gem of a book. Easy patterns and great ideas. Most items require one skein, great for little projects. Making the pixie hats for my grandkids.
Ginny B
The adorable hat on the cover of this book is what first drew me to it and caused me to agree to review it when offered the chance. Fortunately there are several other patterns included that make it well worth the purchase. Among them is an adorable huggable house, an easy baby cardigan, some beautiful fingerless gloves and scarves.

The patterns are broken down based upon the amount of time needed to complete them. The shorter the time the more simple the pattern. To be honest, the less time, th
Jill
I have checked this book out of the library so many times. I should just buy it for my own reference at home. Great book.
Conny
I was given a Reviewer's copy of this book from NetGalley and I found it to be a charming and a beautiful book to look at. As for the projects, there is something for everybody, though I would have to say that maybe only some of the simpler gift idea's would work for beginners, it is definitely more geared for the intermittent knitter. I love to give handmade presents and so I am always looking for new idea's and I have found quiet a few that I like from this book, it has good instructions and I ...more
Ingrid
This book is beautifully arranged and each project is photographed thoughtfully, with radiant light capturing each item in such a way that makes me want to knit all the projects here. While the idea of sorting the projects by how many hours it will take to create it is a fun concept, I question the accuracy of the time estimate for each project. The Easy Baby Cardigan is listed under 4 - 6 hour Gifts. Keep in mind this is for the smallest size, 0-3 months. Larger size will take longer to complet ...more
Hope
Beautiful patterns!
Polly
Another visually stunning book which is part of the Purl Soho brand. I absolutely have to knit the nesting square blanket. And the entrelac blanket. Oh, and the basket.
Em
The perfect book for those people (like me!) who can't seem to get their head on strait when it comes to knitting gifts! I love how it's organised by time. However, this is one of those books for old-school knitters. The patterns aren't all too creative, and some of the projects should be placed in different time categories. Above all, one of the better, pratical knitting books I've read.
Tammy
A wide selection of knit gifts, categorized by the time it takes to knit them. (Obviously YMMV depending upon your skill.) The author keeps it simple by providing patterns that, for the most part, don't need finishing, but for those that do she provides an appendix. The gifts are jazzed up by using a variety of fibers, textures, and colors. Gorgeous photos. (Provided by publisher)
Nan
LOVE this. Projects are broken down by how long they take to complete. As a short attention span knitter, these are perfect. I also love the opportunity to buy really beautiful yarn and be able to complete a project or two out of one skein - makes for affordable gifts! Don't you think a family portrait with everyone in the pixie hats on the cover would be awesome?
Meredith
These patterns aren't just quick gifts, they're also great projects for expanding the horizons of an inexperienced knitter. Even the patterns that called for "four double-pointed needles" looked doable. The designs were almost all appealing--minimalist with enough unique/quirky to keep things interesting, and lots of room for personalization.
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock
  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
  • Modern Top-Down Knitting: Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Accessories Inspired by the Techniques of Barbara G. Walker
  • Weekend Knitting: 50 Unique Projects and Ideas
  • Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume One: Knit & Purl: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine
  • French Girl Knits
  • The Vogue® Knitting Stitchionary Volume Two: Cables: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue® Knitting Magazine
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting: The Curious Knitters' Guide: Stories, Patterns, Advice, Opinions, Questions, Answers, Jokes, and Pictures
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • One Skein
  • Getting Started Knitting Socks
  • Itty-Bitty Toys: How to Knit Animals, Dolls, and Other Playthings for Kids
  • New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics
  • Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn
  • Boutique Knits
Last-Minute Knitted Gifts Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts Geschenke aus dem Wollkorb: schnell gestrickt für Groß und Klein (German Edition) Knitting Nature/Last-Minute Knitted Gifts Two-Pack: A Special Set for Amazon.com Shoppers