Start by marking “Time Lottery” as Want to Read:
Time Lottery

Time Lottery (Time Lottery #1)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  352 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Published August 1st 2002 by Promise Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Time Lottery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Lottery

Carol
This is another of those books that came from browsing in the stacks at our library.Time Lottery. The title drew me in and the cover blurb hooked me. "What would you do if you could do it all over again?"/ How many times do we ask ourselves that question. If I go back, if only I had, I wish I did, these thoughts visit us throughout our lives.

What if you really did have the chance to go back and change your own history? Nancy Moser gives three characters just this opportunity in Time Lottery. T
Kristen
This was an interesting read. If you could go back in your life knowing what you know now, what would you change? This made me want to live my life so that when I look back I don't have a wish that I had done something differently. I think I've become more assertive when something happens that I don't like. Change it NOW and then I can be happy.

(Can you tell I've just read The Tenant of Widfell Hall? Make the changes in your life that need to be made so you can be happy and at peace. Don't sit
Stephanie C
Makes you wonder! If you could go back, would you really change an event? Sometimes we say we would like to do something over, but if you changed one thing then you would not be where you are today, whether it is good or bad. Before I read this book I always thought I would like to go back and change mistakes I made, but after the book I decided that I can live with those mistakes as something good came out of them in the long run.
Eleisha Luck
Jul 29, 2007 Eleisha Luck rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This book was very hard to put down once I picked it up and started to read it. I loved it and hope that more in the series is written. It talks about finding God in your past and how he is always with you even when you dont see it and that the dessions you make now will affect everything you do in your future.
Margaret
Apr 10, 2008 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anybody who enjoys unpredictable Christian fiction.
This book was the first book I read by Nancy Moser. It has an interesting premise for examining life choices and their consequences. Also, how we cross paths with people and the effect they have on us. You can find this book and its sequel at the Cabell County Library.
Tasha
Great book!!! I couldn't put it down and didn't stop reading it until the end and picked up the next one. This is essential a time travel book. What if we could go back and take a different path from the one we are on now. Life gives us multiple oppotunities to go a different direction. What if we went to an out of state college instead of staying home with our parents. What if we would have married the guy from high school instead of getting a job and moving on. This book was about 3 people's c ...more
Colleen Scott
I was a little skeptical when I started to read this but it just got better and better. A definite good read for anyone who wonders what they might have done differently.
Evelyn
This was an intriguing read. It ended well and the time travel aspect was explained enough to be believed without getting bogged down scientifically. The characters each seemed to have their own voice as the author transitioned between varying points of view. There was an error or two (word omissions) in the e-book edition but it didn't take away from the story itself. Not sure if that's an issue in the print edition. I would recommend this to anyone who has a choice in their life they've though ...more
Jane
Jun 17, 2012 Jane added it
Shelves: christian
What if you had a chance to go back in time and relive one decisive moment that changed the course of your life? Now, there is a way: The Time Lottery. The result of 22 years of scientific research, it's finally ready for the public. Three winners of this unique marriage between marketing and time-travel technology ear the chance to travel back into their alternate reality-their Alternity-to relive one moment they've always wished they could change..to revisit that what-if question that plagues ...more
Honesty Alexander
The first half of the book wasn't bad. But after that it got way too religious. I could tell from the beginning that the author was Christian, but this was just too much. When I read a book I don't want to hear about F#CKING god. I don't run around shoving my religion in other people's faces and I expect that they return the favor.
April Lyn
I picked this up a few months ago from the clearance rack of Family Christian. I've begged off inspirational romance, because it tends to be so unrealistic and contrived, but this book was actually kinda sci-fi.

It's about this corporation who discovers a way to isolate the portion of the brain that stores memories, and then manipulate the brain so that the person, in effect, "time travels" by remembering him or herself back to that period of time, and then living in the remembered state (like a
Elissa
Aug 23, 2009 Elissa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Beth, Heather, fans of Christian literature
I really enjoyed this book. It was a bit different than I had expected - and I like that! I thought it was going to be just a time travel story with a lesson or two learned. I think the author managed to make that idea have a lot more depth. It was an easy, quick read because I was dying to know the outcome! I was rooting for the three Time Lottery winners - plus Mac, as well. I was happy with the ending for each winner. I loved the unexpected connections, but most of all I loved the message tha ...more
Lisa Rathbun
I'm reading this now and am just jotting a couple ideas. *Spoilers* Intriguing thought although the idea of myself living on in everyone else's alternate pasts is weird. Also, I don't think anyone would ever allow a company to put people in a coma and then a week later, allow them to die. You can say "die in this world" but it is still dying. And on p. 236, they just discovered Leon's identity and are wondering why he crossed the line from scamming to murder. "We may never know, " says Bob. What ...more
Karen
It was a good story but a little heavy handed on the religion.
Jennifer H
Larry
I enjoyed this book enough that I'm reading the follow up "Second Time Around" by the same author.

The best part about this book was the result of my own exploration into what I would do differently if I could go back.

I am a little disappointed in the portrayal of "time travel", seems more like a dream state than an "alternity", but the book still gets 4 stars. Decent characters - real people who have made mistakes (just like me). Interesting story line.
Steve
I didn't know this was a Christian book when I started out reading it but should have picked that up when a bible passage leads each chapter. Either way, it was a good and fast read and the 3 stories of the 3 "time travelers" were very interesting. It was very predictable what would happen once I figured out the God angle. A good book about redemption, being strong and finding your way, but really not about time travel.
Lorna
I loved this story! Intriguing plot -- 3 different people who win a chance to go back to their past (in an alternate reality)for one week, with the option at the end of the week to come back or to stay. A powerful story of the consequences of our choices and of the wonderful way God works in our lives.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This was a really good book about how several lives intersected when they were given the opportunity to go back in time and see what might happen if they chose another path (or made a different decision). I thoughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it!
Milli
I think I enjoyed this book so much because the plot involves a concept I often think about - If I could go back in my life would I change something or not. The writing is alright, not stunning, but the plot was unique.
Lyn Battersby
I love Time Travel stories. I have a strong belief in God. Therefore, I would have thought this book would be ideal for me. Not so. I found the characters wooden and the delivery of their lines superficial to say the least.
Chrissy Mumaw mitchell
I liked the flow of the book and it definitely is an interesting concept of time travel. The storyline tied together well and ended up with a Christian ending, although the tones were throughout, was still unexpected.
Bought at Half Price Books 1/1/08.

Interesting book, it flowed very well. Some bits were predictable, but an enjoyable read. I wasn't expecting the "love Jesus, find God" message at the end of the book though.
Melissa
This book was a nice and easy read. Made me think of a possible time in my life I would like to do over. It was a light type of book. Very interesting concept and is well written.
Shannon
This book made you think about what you would change in your life if you could go back in time and do one thing over. This book was alright. Probably will not read again.
Linda
i'm not a big fan of science fiction and though at first I scoffed at the idea of time travel, once I started reading this book it was hard to put down.
Christy
I love Nancy Moser.
If you could go back in time, what would you change?
A great story and a convicting lesson along the way.
Amy
Jul 18, 2008 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: margaret
if I could give this 10 stars i would! I could not put it down! A christy award winner that was rightfully awarded! read it!!!!
So far I'm liking this book...Not what I expected. There's a lot of do-good, religious messages in here.
Melissa
Very interesting premise. Company creates a way for people to go back and relive part of the past again.
  • Oxygen (Oxygen, #1)
  • Shivering World
  • Arena
  • The Watchers
  • Painted Dresses
  • Premonition (City of God #2)
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • House of Wolves (An August Adams Adventure, #2)
  • The Crystal Cavern: A Place For Refuge or A Deadly Trap? [Hidden Motive]
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • Tahn (Tahn Dorn #1)
  • The Jewel of Gresham Green (Gresham Chronicles #4)
  • Giver of Roses (Guardians of Gadiel, #1)
  • Expiration Date
  • Sisterchicks Go Brit! (Sisterchicks, #7)
  • Beloved Castaway (Fairweather Keys #1)
  • Crystal Lies
  • Necessary Heartbreak: A Novel of Faith and Forgiveness
Nancy Moser is the author of three inspirational humor books and a 24 novels, including The Journey of Josephine Cain, Mozart's Sister, Washington's Lady, A Patchwork Christmas Collection, An Unlikely Suitor and Time Lottery, a Christy Award winner. She is an inspirational speaker, giving seminars around the country, as well as dramatizations in costume as Martha Washington. She has earned a degre ...more
More about Nancy Moser...
Mozart's Sister (Ladies of History, #1) Just Jane (Ladies of History, #2) Masquerade An Unlikely Suitor Washington's Lady (Ladies of History, #3)