Start by marking “Bicycle Mystery” as Want to Read:
Bicycle Mystery

Bicycle Mystery (The Boxcar Children #15)

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  2,067 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Many complications follow when a dog attaches himself to the Aldens on a bicycle trip.
Published December 14th 2010 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published January 1st 1970)

To ask other readers questions about Bicycle Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bicycle Mystery

Seth
Feb 28, 2009 Seth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read just about every one of these I could get my hands on when I was a child. In my later teens, I picked up the series again to see what it was that I liked so much about the series. The answer: realistic characters, believable storyline, and a kind of summer escapist's daydream into some things that I may never do or experience as much as the boxcar children did. The characters in particular were well crafted. The villains always had a reason for their crime that seemed reasonable from thei ...more
Anna
Feb 23, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish we still had a society where four kids could spend a week bicycling to their aunt's house safely. :P
Elevetha
The Boxcar Children = most read series between the ages of 6 and 9 for me. I think of these fondly. Every child should read this series.
Lauren
Feb 11, 2017 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were fun elements to this book, and I can't really resent a read that only takes an hour. I've found that the closer together I read these, the more repetitive the stories seem to be. The dog was fun, and there bicycle adventure was moderately diverting. These would have been more fun to read as a child, but I still have such an affinity for the series that I'm going to finish this.
Tina Harden
Aug 09, 2016 Tina Harden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Any good deed doesn't go unrewarded. All the good deeds in the Boxcar Children Mystery Series are usually returned in kind. It may be in the form of tickets to a dog show or a free room, as in this title. Consistently throughout the series the Boxcar Children are rewarded with food.

In this story they meet Bulgarian businessman, Big Jenko, and is treated to a lunch of pilaf and four tickets to the big dog show. This title isn't as full of sabotage as some of the other titles but there are still
Haidyn
Jun 11, 2015 Haidyn marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Benny Alden,went on a bike ride to get to their great aunt's house.

On the way they found a lost animal and wanted to get it back to it's owners. a man and a woman said they had stolen the animal, but the Aldens had to find this animal's home. but how? the Aldens are off on another live changing mystery.
Caleb
Feb 06, 2014 Caleb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Bicycle Mystery. It was where a dog would follow them everywhere. They finally found who owned it. And it was somebody they had helped, but they didn't know for a long time that it was their dog. And they had stayed in an old house and the dog had came to them.
Melissa Namba
Sometimes, I just say WTF to some of the things these kids do. What kind of hotel rents to a grip of children with a dog? The bicycle mystery has almost nothing to do with bicycles, except thst they ride them. They find a rare dog and are focused on returning it.
Kaetlyn
Aug 17, 2015 Kaetlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I like that Henry and Benny found a dog and named it Shadow. I like how the Alden's find the dogs owner. I don't like that Smokey ran away. I like how the Alden's help people on their way to Aunt Jane's house.
Ashle Oaks
There didn't seem to be much mystery in this book. There are a lot of references to the previous books. I thought I would like this book better when I found out the mystery revolved around a dog. It just didn't grab me and things seemed to work too well.
Hannah (Atarashii Sekai)
Shannon
Jul 27, 2010 Shannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1991
At about this point in the series, I noticed that the characters' clothing in the cover art was shockingly unstylish.
Kellie
Jan 31, 2016 Kellie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Ashley Bowen
Apr 22, 2014 Ashley Bowen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all of the boxcar children. My little brother is exactly like Benny.:) :)
Brother Graves
Feb 12, 2013 Brother Graves rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my most favorite boxcar mystery ever!
Rivka Ray
One of my favorite childhood series. I read over a hundred of them. The first 50 or so were in order; after that I read whatever book I could get my hands on :)
Hazel
Aug 04, 2011 Hazel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good series for the young reader.
Ethan
Mar 07, 2010 Ethan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read The Boxcar Children books. You're going to find out in #15, they have a bicycle mystery. Can these children solve the mystery and save the day? - yes they can!
Karen
Apr 26, 2013 Karen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't realize it was a kids book. Listened on Ipod. Ooops.
*****BREE*******
IT WAS INTRESTING
Partridge Public
Sep 24, 2007 Partridge Public added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: JF War
Shelves: juniorfiction
Warner, Gertrude C. PB
Elizabeth
Was this the one about the bike race? I liked that one!
Meredith
This was a very good story filled with adventure.
Aug 21, 2009 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boxcar-children
great when ur little
Jonathan
It was really adventurous, probably one of the most adventurous books I've ever read. I encourage lots of young readers to read the series The Boxcar Children.
Cws
May 21, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-War
Stacie
Nov 05, 2016 Stacie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On the way to visit their aunt the kids find a lost dog and help find the owners, plus the mystery behind it.
Claire Cochran
Claire Cochran rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
  • Littles And Their Amazing New Friend
  • The Case of the One-Eyed Killer Stud Horse (Hank the Cowdog, #8)
  • The Happy Hollisters at Snowflake Camp (Happy Hollisters, #6)
  • Annie Oakley: Young Markswoman
  • Encyclopedia Brown Tracks Them Down (Encyclopedia Brown, #8)
  • Mandie and the Charleston Phantom (Mandie Books, #7)
  • Kanga and Baby Roo Come to the Forest
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at Meadowbrook (Bobbsey Twins, #7)
  • Mitch and Amy
Gertrude Chandler Warner was born in Putnam, Connecticut, on April 16, 1890, to Edgar and Jane Warner. Her family included a sister, Frances, and a brother, John. From the age of five, she dreamed of becoming an author. She wrote stories for her Grandfather Carpenter, and each Christmas she gave him one of these stories as a gift. Today, Ms. Warner is best remembered as the author of THE BOXCAR CH ...more
More about Gertrude Chandler Warner...

The Boxcar Children (1 - 10 of 143 books)
  • The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1)
  • Surprise Island (The Boxcar Children, #2)
  • The Yellow House Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #3)
  • Mystery Ranch (The Boxcar Children, #4)
  • Mike's Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #5)
  • Blue Bay Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #6)
  • The Woodshed Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #7)
  • The Lighthouse Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #8)
  • Mountain Top Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #9)
  • Schoolhouse Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #10)