Start by marking “Tranquility's Blaze (Tales of Tranquility, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tranquility's Blaze (Tales of Tranquility,  #1)

Tranquility's Blaze (Tales of Tranquility #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  14 reviews
"What will I do? What I do best. I'll find him and I'll kill him. And then I'll kill Garran's murderer." Even if the killer is my sister. A half-breed and a female, Lady Bethany clawed her way to the ranks of the Elven Service's top military elite. They only knew her as their champion against Magic, and not the daughter of a Goddess. She'd expected a long, rewarding life p ...more
Published April 17th 2012 by Mundania Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Tranquility's Blaze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tranquility's Blaze

Blodeuedd Finland
I can't say that I loved any of the characters, but you know, it does not matter. Which is weird cos here I thought I need to cheer someone on...but, yes there is a but. I really hated the baddie, I guess that is why the characters worked for me ;) I put all energy on Sarissa. She was one evil B! An awesome evil character to hate.

Ok so we got Bethany who is all FIGHT! And can kick anyone's ass. She is also the daughter of a Goddess and has her own prophecy....I do wonder how that will turn out.
Jamie
Lady Bethany is the first Lady Champion of the Knights. And she has a secret that will destroy her if it ever gets out. But when her sister, Sarissa goes mad from Magic use and tries to destroy everything Bethany holds dear, she has no choice but to embrace her true nature. Even if it means unleashing her own powers on an unsuspecting world.

Tranquility's Blaze is a fantastic, epic fantasy with some of the best characters I've ever read. It's funny and heartbreaking and romantic and brutal at the
Melissa Hayden
Oh, I do want more from Bethany and this fantasy world.

***** Full Review *****
In a world where woman are thought to be the baby producers of more males, Bethany holds the third highest position in the most powerful army in the world, The Elven Service of the Silver Knights. She is also much more than anyone realizes, having only a select few know that her blood is mixed with that of a goddess' along with her elf origin as well, these two things and the first born of the Goddess makes Bethany to
Edwin Downward
I had the privileged of reading a small part of the earliest drafts of this novel. When I got word Tranquility's Blaze had been accepted for publication I couldn't wait for a chance to see how it turned out. It has more than lived up to the promise. From the angst filled opening to bittersweet conclusion, it kept we hungering to see where Krista would take the story next.
J.w. Schnarr
This is not a YA novel, but young women should be reading it.

The book is set as a classic fantasy with nothing overly shocking or surprising about the setting. You will get what you expect from a fantasy novel in that regard. This book, however, like so many great novels, relies instead on dynamic, interesting characters that draw you into the world they inhabit.

Tranquility's Blaze is something of a new experience for me. Rarely have I read a book with such an unapologetically strong female lead
K
Nereid
I had high expectations for this book and after finishing it last night, I was disappointed. Bethany is the daughter of the prophecy being half human and half goddess and she is third in command at the Elven Military Elite forces. She is a strong no nonsense kind of woman who never had time for love or romance and was more comfortable taking down an enemy soldier. Her younger sister Sarissa who has succumbed to the the evil of magic, been banished and is now determined to kill her sister and the ...more
Kevis Hendrickson
I wasn't sure what to think of this novel when I first started it. I'm a fan of the author and find her books to be well-written, witty, and even whimsical at times. But this story was darker and grittier than what I encountered in my previous excursions into Ms. Ball's work. But it was clear from the very outset of the tale that Tranquility's Blaze wouldn't lack for imagination.

As the story unfolded, I was intrigued by the very realistic and convincing quasi-medieval setting. There was a notice
Andrew Loach
I'm actually enjoying this story enough to rate it a 4, but have to knock it down to a 3 rating due to what seems to be shoddy proofreading, resulting in wrong word usage. It is just jarring enough to make it less enjoyable when you see 'tenant' instead of 'tenet', 'reigns' instead of 'reins', et cetera. It's too bad.
Matt
Average series, nice characters, easy to read.

Cons.
Short book not very detailed, and predictable.
William Quest
A well written story with a strong female character and an interesting story. It was interesting seeing her come to terms with her femininity through the hardships. Definitely want to continue with the next book of this series.
Nenia  ♥ The Armchair Librarian  ♥
goodreads giveaway authors could take a page from ms. ball's book. when i received tranquility's blaze in the mail, after much squeeing and rejoicing, i said to myself, "huh. i'm going to need a bookmark for this." and right as i began to sift through my wastebasket for scraps of paper, i realized that ms. ball had included a bookmark. how considerate! in fact, she seems like a very hilarious, very nice lady. her bio at the end made me laugh: "...is hiding from necromancers. better safe than dea ...more
Tina Hunter
I very much enjoyed this book, and I'm looking forward to the next two books in the series. The world is well built and Bethany is a very strong heroine. I really like her.
Rick
I was drawn into the book by the characters; both their weaknesses and strengths. Interesting extrapolation of magic vs clergy/knights. Fast read for me - kept my interest.
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Iain
Iain added it
Apr 11, 2015
Chimpee
Chimpee marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
M
M marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Morrigan's Brood (Morrigan's Brood, #1)
  • Thief (Sevy, #1)
  • Three Wishes
  • Flame of Destiny (Flame of Destiny, #1)
  • The Healer's Legacy
  • The Rock of Ivanore (Celestine Chronicles, #1)
  • Siren Song
  • Hunter and Fox (Shifted World, #1)
  • The Hunter's Rede (Chronicles of Ealiron, #1)
  • Dogs of War: Vertigo
  • The Other Side
  • Frayed (Madison Lark, #1)
  • Reaching Higher (Encounters, #2)
  • Bigfoot Hunters
  • Mercenary (Little Death Bringer, #1)
  • Sinful
  • All Wounds (Stranger Things, #1)
  • Wicked Games (Mageverse #0.25)

Tales of Tranquility (3 books)
  • Tranquility's Grief (Tales of Tranquility, #2)
  • Interlude: Stories from Tranquility
First (Wrong) Impressions Spirits Rising (Spirit Caller, #1) What Kings Ate and Wizards Drank Harvest Moon Tranquility's Grief (Tales of Tranquility, #2)