Start by marking “Tranquility's Blaze (Tales of Tranquility, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tranquility's Blaze (Tales of Tranquility,  #1)

Tranquility's Blaze (Tales of Tranquility #1)

"What will I do? What I do best. I'll find him and I'll kill him. And then I'll kill Garran's murderer." Even if the killer is my sister. A half-breed and a female, Lady Bethany clawed her way to the ranks of the Elven Service's top military elite. They only knew her as their champion against Magic, and not the daughter of a Goddess. She'd expected a long, rewarding life ...more
Published April 17th 2012 by Mundania Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Tranquility's Blaze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tranquility's Blaze

Jamie
Apr 27, 2012 Jamie rated it really liked it
Lady Bethany is the first Lady Champion of the Knights. And she has a secret that will destroy her if it ever gets out. But when her sister, Sarissa goes mad from Magic use and tries to destroy everything Bethany holds dear, she has no choice but to embrace her true nature. Even if it means unleashing her own powers on an unsuspecting world.

Tranquility's Blaze is a fantastic, epic fantasy with some of the best characters I've ever read. It's funny and heartbreaking and romantic and brutal at the
Blodeuedd Finland
I can't say that I loved any of the characters, but you know, it does not matter. Which is weird cos here I thought I need to cheer someone on...but, yes there is a but. I really hated the baddie, I guess that is why the characters worked for me ;) I put all energy on Sarissa. She was one evil B! An awesome evil character to hate.

Ok so we got Bethany who is all FIGHT! And can kick anyone's ass. She is also the daughter of a Goddess and has her own prophecy....I do wonder how that will turn out.
Melissa Hayden
Jun 22, 2012 Melissa Hayden rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Oh, I do want more from Bethany and this fantasy world.

***** Full Review *****
In a world where woman are thought to be the baby producers of more males, Bethany holds the third highest position in the most powerful army in the world, The Elven Service of the Silver Knights. She is also much more than anyone realizes, having only a select few know that her blood is mixed with that of a goddess' along with her elf origin as well, these two things and the first born of the Goddess makes Bethany to
Nereid
Jun 26, 2012 Nereid rated it it was ok
I had high expectations for this book and after finishing it last night, I was disappointed. Bethany is the daughter of the prophecy being half human and half goddess and she is third in command at the Elven Military Elite forces. She is a strong no nonsense kind of woman who never had time for love or romance and was more comfortable taking down an enemy soldier. Her younger sister Sarissa who has succumbed to the the evil of magic, been banished and is now determined to kill her sister and the ...more
Edwin Downward
Apr 30, 2012 Edwin Downward rated it it was amazing
I had the privileged of reading a small part of the earliest drafts of this novel. When I got word Tranquility's Blaze had been accepted for publication I couldn't wait for a chance to see how it turned out. It has more than lived up to the promise. From the angst filled opening to bittersweet conclusion, it kept we hungering to see where Krista would take the story next.
Lisa
Sep 19, 2015 Lisa rated it liked it
I'd rate this 3.5 stars. Not a perfectly structured novel but I really found the main character compelling. I've already bought the second book to follow her further adventures.
K
Jan 17, 2013 K rated it it was ok
L.T. Getty
Let me start out by saying that the reason for taking so long to read this had nothing to do with the book. In all fairness, I probably should have started the book over - it was a technical problem as I needed to replace a part on my kobo.

This is a book that should be getting raves from me. Not in a "I must support strong heroines" or "I must promote indie books" because I try to think critically and not make excuses. No one said I'm a fair, or even nice reviewer. As always, feel free to argue
Sandy Grissett
Sep 22, 2016 Sandy Grissett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good

This is actually a very good read by Krista D. Ball, however I may not agree with the ending. There is so much destruction and loss of life. This is a story of Bethany and Sarissa who are twins as well as Alexia's daughters. Sarissa has turned to black magic and is out to kill her sister, she feels it was Bethany's fault that she was exiled. Bethany is a warrior who is known as the champion of magic who feels sorrow for her sister yet will do all she can to defend her people. She does n
J.w. Schnarr
Aug 29, 2012 J.w. Schnarr rated it really liked it
This is not a YA novel, but young women should be reading it.

The book is set as a classic fantasy with nothing overly shocking or surprising about the setting. You will get what you expect from a fantasy novel in that regard. This book, however, like so many great novels, relies instead on dynamic, interesting characters that draw you into the world they inhabit.

Tranquility's Blaze is something of a new experience for me. Rarely have I read a book with such an unapologetically strong female lead
3.5

I love the Spirit Caller series by this author and was hoping to love this one as much.
Like her other series, the writing flows well and is really easy to get into. There is this dry humor undertone in her writing that really appeals to me, and it is present in this book as well.

This was kind of an odd book. In some ways, it felt like a romance with a reverse twist. Bethany being the big brawny guy that all the girls lusted after and Arrago being the weak girl love interest. I really liked
Kevis Hendrickson
Jul 01, 2012 Kevis Hendrickson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure what to think of this novel when I first started it. I'm a fan of the author and find her books to be well-written, witty, and even whimsical at times. But this story was darker and grittier than what I encountered in my previous excursions into Ms. Ball's work. But it was clear from the very outset of the tale that Tranquility's Blaze wouldn't lack for imagination.

As the story unfolded, I was intrigued by the very realistic and convincing quasi-medieval setting. There was a notice
Robert Runte
Aug 27, 2016 Robert Runte rated it really liked it
Shelves: canadian-sf-f
Blaze is the first novel in the Tranquility series; I bought the rest about halfway through this one because obvious I was going to read them all. Great beach reads: keeps me turning pages, but not something I have to think about too deeply after a difficult day or lying on the beach. Ball can be counted on for good world-building, interesting characters, lots of action. Occasional typo or grammatical error distracting to my editor-self, but won't likely be noticed by normal people. Recommended.
Andrew Loach
Jan 11, 2015 Andrew Loach rated it liked it
I'm actually enjoying this story enough to rate it a 4, but have to knock it down to a 3 rating due to what seems to be shoddy proofreading, resulting in wrong word usage. It is just jarring enough to make it less enjoyable when you see 'tenant' instead of 'tenet', 'reigns' instead of 'reins', et cetera. It's too bad.
William Quest
Sep 25, 2015 William Quest rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, ebooks
A well written story with a strong female character and an interesting story. It was interesting seeing her come to terms with her femininity through the hardships. Definitely want to continue with the next book of this series.
Jay S
Feb 03, 2016 Jay S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book; humans, elves, half-elves, magic, ... (Reminds me of a few role playing games.) Good character development; a few typos. The book ends at a point you may want to find out what happens to the characters.
Rick
Jul 04, 2012 Rick rated it really liked it
I was drawn into the book by the characters; both their weaknesses and strengths. Interesting extrapolation of magic vs clergy/knights. Fast read for me - kept my interest.
Matt
Jan 08, 2015 Matt rated it liked it
Average series, nice characters, easy to read.

Cons.
Short book not very detailed, and predictable.
Tina Hunter
Dec 04, 2012 Tina Hunter rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this book, and I'm looking forward to the next two books in the series. The world is well built and Bethany is a very strong heroine. I really like her.
Ada Hoffmann
Ada Hoffmann rated it liked it
May 30, 2014
M.l.d.
M.l.d. rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
John Todd
John Todd rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Tyler
Tyler rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2015
lilyy gomez
lilyy gomez rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Glen Russell
Glen Russell rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Anneke
Anneke rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Teagan Ferraby
Teagan Ferraby rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Vertigo (Dogs of War, #1)
  • Thief (Sevy, #1)
  • Flame of Destiny (Flame of Destiny, #1)
  • Clockwork Secrets: Heavy Fire (Clockwork Heart, #3)
  • Morrigan's Brood (Morrigan's Brood, #1)
  • The Healer's Legacy
  • Siren Song
  • The Rock of Ivanore (Celestine Chronicles, #1)
  • The Other Side
  • Hunter and Fox (Shifted World, #1)
  • Heroes Return (Hero, #5)
  • The Hero Chronicles: A Complete Collection
  • Interstitial (Interstitial, #1)
  • Frayed (Madison Lark, #1)
  • Three Wishes
  • Mercenary (Little Death Bringer, #1)
  • Europa Journal
  • Sword Mountain (Swordbird, #2)

Tales of Tranquility (5 books)
  • Grief (Tranquility)
  • Interlude: Stories from Tranquility
  • Fury (Tales of Tranquility, #3)
  • Schemes