Start by marking “The Harlot Bride” as Want to Read:
The Harlot Bride

The Harlot Bride

2.95 of 5 stars 2.95  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  12 reviews
At last, a new book from Alice Liddell, the mistress of dark erotic BDSM.

"Like many men before him, and many men since, Edward Tazewell, Earl of Chiltenham, discovered his future bride in church on a Sunday morning. Now, I am aware that it is hardly unusual for a gentleman to find a wife in a House of God, for there are few enough opportunities for the sexes to come toget
ebook
Published by Blushing Books (first published March 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Harlot Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Harlot Bride

Jade Cary
I want to begin by saying that the book was extremely well-written. The language, the historical details, and the funny little narrator who broke the fourth wall with some asides I was dying to see more of, were well-done and appeared well researched. A bit more from the narrator, actually, would have made some of the headhopping tolerable, but that is a small thing. Having said all that, I couldn't get behind this book. Not at all.

I read the product descriptions, so I came in to this as aware a
Sue Lyndon
Corinne Alexander
The Harlot Bride was very well written and had many componants that can make a great story. Unfortunately it missed it's mark with me. I missed that connection & spark to the characters and also between the characters. There was not enough development in their relationship. The story had a very cold feeling unlike Alice Liddell's other books which are among my favorite's.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
The Harlot Bride was much tamer than I thought it would be, all things considered. From the blurb you feel like it will be very harsh - I guess I didn't see it that way. It's harsh - but nothing like some others I've read including Faulkner's work.

The story here is interesting - girl grows up untamed in India and all the sudden ends up back in high society in England - but is used to calling the shots. I didn't feel like what she did to cause the issues was really like her so that was the first
Rosa C.
Exceptionally well written.
Unfortunately, too short to call a novel so I only give it three stars.
I would expect this to have a continuation of at least another volume, if not two.
As is, this book is a nice teasing novella for people who enjoy historical novels, BDSM, and little/Daddy + sub/Dom relationships.
Beebee Bell
So is this the hottest book on the planet, or what?

Seriously, I could not put it down - it had me gasping for breath. In an area where there are entirely too many self-published books filled with entirely too many typos and grammatical errors and plot flaws, the first thing that jumped out at me was the impeccable prose, good grammar, perfect punctuation and not a spelling mistake to be found.

And then - I started reading the story.

Make no mistake - this book is almost entirely non consensual. It
Esme90
not my thing. great writing but felt the whole story was related quite unemotionally. sex scenes similarly flat, and tending towards age-play.
Katy Beth Mckee
Lucy has brought trouble on herself from making poor choices but Edward's solution proves to be harsh and non-consequential. Although, the situations are somewhat squeamish yet it was a very hot story. The only thing I didn't like was that the story seemed to have a very abrupt end I'm curious what will happen next in their lives.
Melissa
Victorian Age Play Erotica

Not a bad story.

I would have given it four stars but it just kind of ended with me wanting to know more. I hope there is a sequel as it appeared her life was going to get a bit more disciplined at the end and that for me was ending it just as it was getting good!
Saraha
I really loved this story. The punishments were harsh but I really felt like Tazewell cared for Lucy. I a very hot story. I would not recommend it if you are not open to severe punishments. The story was not completely finished and I look forward to the squeal
Alicia
I love a good historical novel that involves spanking which this story certainly does. It is well written and seems to be accurate. This is not a love story though and does deal with noncon.
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Joan
Joan added it
Dec 18, 2014
Camilla
Camilla marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Gurleen
Gurleen marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Shelby
Shelby marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Greader
Greader marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Alice Gottschall
Alice Gottschall marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Childebride Island Safe Haven: An Age Play Spanking Romance Straits Academy Guiding Alice A Decade of Discipline: A Collection of Real-Life Spanking Stories