La femme farouche (La famille Blakewell, #3)

La femme farouche (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy #3)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  1,418 ratings  ·  179 reviews
Elspeth Stewart, veuve depuis peu et enceinte de son premier enfant, se méfie des hommes dont elle a longtemps enduré la cruauté. Mais en ce qui concerne Nicholas Kenliegh, la frayeur de la jeune femme laisse place à la curiosité, et plus elle se rapproche de lui, plus leurs destins se lient.
Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published November 2011 by J'ai Lu (first published March 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about La femme farouche, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La femme farouche

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
IT'S FINALLY HERE! The release of Pamela Clare's Ride the Fire with the much anticipated epilogue. Woohoo! I've waited a whole year to read the epilogue to my all-time favorite historical romance. What's even better...the book is now offered in e-format. Life just doesn't get better than that!

Huge 5+ stars

Once again Pamela Clare has left me in awe and thoroughly entertained. Ride the Fire is one of those books that not only draws the reader in right from the start, but also holds their attention...more
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Ride the Fire is one of the most amazing historical romances ever written. Today, February 5th, 2013, it's been re-released with new content, and an epilogue. I never imagined this story could get any better, but it just did! And, it's in ebook for the first time!

Congratulations, Pamela. I know how much this story means to you. You're an incredible lady, and your fans are so, so happy for you!

The new cover:

photo RidetheFireNew_zps7f74e9aa.jpg

Now, stop what you're doing, get this book and prepare yourself to meet Nicholas Kenlei...more
Buggy
Mar 12, 2013 Buggy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Buggy by: Shawna and others
Opening Line: "Nicholas leaned back in the wooden tub, closed his eyes, let the hot water soak the chill from his bones."

Well, that's it I'm no longer a Pamela Clare virgin. Although I may just become an addict now. And lucky me, I have SO much good reading to look forward to.

This was easily one of the best historical romances I've read. Now I know why everyone keeps recommending Pamela Clare. I just can't seem to bring myself back from the frontier of 1763, nor do I want to, and then there’s N...more
Mo
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men might strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saint...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
I'd probably give this one 4.5 stars. I thought it really was an excellent book, but the whole confict between the Native Americans and the settlers is just heartwrenching. I think the characters in this book were driven to their brink in many ways. It was so well-written and I loved it, but because the tragic elements hit so close to home, and this affected my enjoyment factor, it's hard to give it five stars.

There are incidents that occur in this book that I found downright disturbing. Maybe...more
Auntee
Nov 24, 2008 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves a powerful historical romance
Recommended to Auntee by: Kathrynn, Melissab
Words can not adequately describe how much I enjoyed this amazing book--to me, it was just awesome! At times it was so emotional, it had me tearing up. And then the graphic scenes of violence had me tearing up, dying inside for the hero and heroine and all that they went through. And the beautiful love scenes had me tearing up. And the fighting scenes and the arduous trek to Fort Pitt while trying to avoid the Indians had me gripping my chair and biting my nails. This was just one big fat emotio...more
 ✿Alyssa✿
This review was posted at Confessions of 2 Book Lovers

To sum it up: There was only one rule on the frontier— Survival. So when a wounded, buckskin-clad stranger appeared at the door of her isolated cabin, Elspeth Stewart felt no qualms about disarming him and then tying him to her bed. Newly widowed and expecting her first child, she had to protect herself at all costs. And Nicholas Kenleigh threatened not only her safety, but her peace of mind. The terrible scars on his body spoke of a tortured...more
Kathrynn
First read: November 15, 2008

Loved it! This is book #3 in the Blakewell/Kenleigh series and other than a few references to some of the other characters in the series and the last chapter of reunions (that had me in tears), this book could be read as a stand alone...fyi.

NOTE: Nicholas Kenleigh is the first son of Alec and Cassie from the first book in this series. Jamie (from book #2) is in this one, but a very minor role.

This one reminded me a lot of the movie Last of the Mohicans. Lots of acti...more
KatLynne
5++++++++++++++
A Masterpiece! My favorite in this series..I loved it so very much. I don't have the words to write a reveiw that would do justice to this amazing read. It is easily one of my fav all time Historicals.
Gina

I waited for what felt like forever to read this book.  photo smiley_waiting_zpscde792a9.gifI had finished the first two books in this series in October 2012, just to discover that this book was in the process of a new epilogue and would not be available until February 2013! Well now that I have finally read it I can honestly say the wait was well worth it. This story captured me from the start and I couldn't stop reading until I finished, the only things that got in my way was work and sleeping. (and it irritated me too).  photo sleepy_zpsf239f8b3.gif

Nichola...more
Ridley
Not in the mood to write a full review, so I'm bringing back the bullet list.

The Good

- The pacing. In romance, "suspense" invariably refers to some sort of mystery that needs solving. In this book, however, the specter of unnamed danger hovering in the near distance creates a sense of dread that leaves the reader in suspense. Can Nicholas and Bethie trust each other? What will she do when the baby comes? Will they outrun the Indian war party? Will they outrun their personal demons?

- The charact...more
Leslie
Another Pamela Clare book I had a hard time putting down! Good writing, great storyline and tourtored souls...what more could a reader want? I enjoy this era of time being an Outlander fan, it's obvious that Clare has done her research. Her words draw you in and don't let go until the very end. I just wish all male characters could be like Nicholas: Strong, brave, respectful even chivalrous, wrapped up in a handsome, ripped masculine form. (It only happens in books, dang it!)

This story is about...more
Karla

5+++ Stars! AMAZING!

I read this book first, not realizing that this was part of a trilogy. I wasn't to much into historical romance at the time, but this one changed my mind, boy did it ever!! One of the best books that I have ever read. It is my number one comfort read! I could read it a million times and it just never gets old! Pamela Clare does it all and does it best.

One day I will I will give this book the proper review it deserves, and it deserves nothing but the best!
Lynsey A
*sighs* I can't believe I am done with all of Pamela Clare's historicals. What a great writer! She brings every book to life and makes you feel every emotion that the H/h experience.

This one was a tough read, especially in the beginning. What Nicholas experienced was terrible to read about and almost impossible to imagine. This book was about two tortured souls who find each other. Nicholas and Bethie were mirror images of each other in what they suffered. Although, it seemed that Nicholas was t...more
 ✿Alyssa✿
Nov 28, 2011 ✿Alyssa✿ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
To sum it up: There was only one rule on the frontier- Survival. So when a wounded, buckskin-clad stranger appeared at the door of her isolated cabin, Elspeth Stewart felt no qualms about disarming him and then tying him to her bed. Newly widowed and expecting her first child, she had to protect herself at all costs. And Nicholas Kenleigh threatened not only her safety, but her peace of mind.

The terrible scars on his body spoke of a tortured past, but his gentle touch and burning gaze awoke lon...more
 ~V~
Wonderful, absolutely wonderful!! There's a reason i love Pamela Clare's books, whether it's romantic suspense or historical, the woman knows how to write romance! I think Nicholas Kenleigh may just be one of the best heroes ever written! Loved it! I'm also really glad i waited to read this until now since it was just re-released and included an epilogue, which apparently was not included in the original..it, as usual with the epilogues in all her books, was fabulous!
Now i'm going to have to go...more
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
Mar 12, 2012 Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict by: Karla
Shelves: pamela_clare
LOVED this book....Pamela Clare is amazing, I cant wait to read the rest of her Historical books.
Zeek
Set in the American frontier during the French and Indian war, the hero, Nicholas Kenleigh, lives in the wild after escaping the savage Wynadot tribe who held him captive for years.

Years later, after being wounded by a bunch of marauding trappers, Nicholas comes across our spunky heroine, Elspeth Stewart, and basically forces her to take him in.

Left alone and heavily pregnant after her husband died months before, Bethie doesn't want to trust the mysterious man who showed up at her door, but Chri...more
Mei
I think this one is the best of the series!

I just loved Nicholas! He's such a wonderful character! He's suffered so much, he's lost, he's sexy!

Wow, the scene when Bethie sees him nude the first time when he's bathing in the creek!!! OMG!!! That description!!! WOW!!!

Bethie too is a wonderful heroine! She has suffered too at the very young age!

(view spoiler)...more
Kellie G.
Wow!! Amazing, simply amazing! Pamela Clare, I love you!!
Aestas Book Blog
“Men who hurt Women are my favorite men to kill. Touch her and I'll send you straight to hell - with a smile on my face!” ~Nicholas

This is the first real historical romance novel that I've read (not counting the big epic ones). It came highly recommended to me as a touching romance and it was.

Bethie is a woman 8 months old pregnant with the child of her newly-deceased older husband that her family married her off to. Nicholas is from a wealthy family but currently living as a soldier/trapper/...more
TJ
Aw Pamela, you can tell a love story like no other! *sigh* Although this is not one of my favorites of the Clare clan, it is still a signature heart-stopping, can't put down, tears in your eyes, sigh worthy love story. Elspeth and Nicholas are both deeply scarred, yet believable and compassionate human beings. One can't help but fall in love right along with them. The scenes are real, sometimes uncomfortably so and the steam is intense, more than I usually like, but for a story-driven fan like m...more
MashJ
This was a goody. It didn't quite make a 5 for me but it was impressive. Based in the 1760s on the frontier of America. Very interesting historically and well written. Good characterisations- two tormented souls drawn together in adversity. Recommended. Includes: American homesteads/conflict with Native Americans/violent reprisals/family abuse/fire/forts.
Christel
Dec 02, 2008 Christel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any historical romance reader
Wow just Wow!! Words cannot describe this book. Just you have to read it yourself and give it your own interpretation. Just, Whew I am speechless. Just if you enjoy Historical romance get this book. I cannot wait till I can read the rest of them
Anna D.
4.5 stars rounded up!

The story itself is 5 stars to me but I fear I can’t (maybe ever) give a Pamela Clare book 5 stars because I have to learn to accept her writing and storytelling style which is not in sync with my personal preference. Two main styles that are in disagreement with me is that 1) she describes what is being said instead of giving us a dialogue. I knew I always preferred dialogues, but having them described and passing up on the actual conversations have become a pet peeve of mi...more
librarygirl
Wow! I could not put this book down! I was so deeply involved with the characters that I felt like I was there struggling with them. The story is very similar to the Last of the Mohicans - at least that's what I kept imagining while they were racing through the wilderness and at the fort. This one goes high on the keeper shelf. Steamy and absorbing, I'm still captivated by Nicholas and Bethie's story!
Maldivianbookreviewer
This book is so good that I find myself thinking about the book at odd moments. My first Pamela Clare certainly didn't disappoint. Loved every bit!
My review: http://bit.ly/duqTVo
Rach~The Highlander luverrr
Review to come..
10 stars for me ..... im adding an extra 5 have to !
Ruth
I really thought the first book in this series couldn't be beaten, but with this one, the author returns to superb form.

The start is pretty graphic, so be warned, but, boy, is it worth sticking with. The first part focuses on the hero's sufferings and struggles, and, thankfully, this is not a love-at-first-sight story, since I don't particularly like that one-touch-and-they-just-knew crap. Or perhaps it is love-at-first-sight, between the hero and the baby he delivers? Anyway, the sexual desire...more
HankLover
What a beautiful love story. I have a special place in my heart for Heroes that have been tortured and abused, and Nicholas was certainly that. It was wonderful to watch as, through his growing love for Bethie, he was able to put his past behind him and have a bright and beautiful future. He did the same for her, as she had a difficult past as well. They healed each other.

Nicholas was a fabulous hero. I usually like the bad boys, but he was so kind, so amazing, so patient and yet he never bored...more
Pamela Clare ~ Fa...: Ride the Fire (Book #3) 65 105 Mar 03, 2013 06:45PM
  • Texas Glory (Texas Trilogy, #2)
  • Dancing on Coals
  • To Kiss a Texan (The McLain Series 2)
  • Comanche Heart (Comanche, #2)
  • The Promise of Jenny Jones
  • Night in Eden
  • Sinful: Epilogue
  • A Reason to Live (Forrester Brothers, #1)
  • Blaze (Braddock-Black, #1)
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
  • Pieces of Sky (Blood Rose, #1)
  • The Tenderfoot Bride
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
USA Today best-selling author Pamela Clare began her writing career as a columnist and investigative reporter and eventually became the first woman editor-in-chief of two different newspapers. Along the way, she and her team won numerous state and national honors, including the First Amendment Award and the National Journalism Award for Public Service. This year, she was honored by the Colorado Pr...more
More about Pamela Clare...
Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) Breaking Point (I-Team, #5) Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2) Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)

“Men who hurt Women are my favorite men to kill. Touch her and I'll send you straight to hell - with a smile on my face!” 40 likes
“Aye, I can.” He pressed his hand against her belly above her womb. “I love you, Bethie Stewart. Any
child you conceive of me will be born of that love. You’ll be a light to our children, as you are a light to
Belle—as you are a light to me.”
She looked into his eyes, saw the full force of his feelings revealed there, felt as if her heart were singing.
He loved her . Oh, how she had longed to hear those precious words! And yet . . . “I dinnae know if our
love will be enough.”
“It will be more than enough.” Then he covered her mouth with his, and she forgot everything but him.”
1 likes