How a Lady Weds a Rogue (Falcon Club, #3)

How a Lady Weds a Rogue (Falcon Club #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  287 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Gentleman’s Rule #1: If a lady is virtuous, he should deny her nothing.

Beautiful Diantha Lucas understands society’s rules: a young lady must find a man to marry. But Diantha has a bigger goal, and she’s not afraid of plunging into adventure to achieve it. When daring, dashing Wyn Yale rescues her, she’s certain he’s just the man she needs.

As an agent for the secret Falcon...more
Published September 25th 2012 by Avon

Pepa
Se ha quedado en entretenido, de la trilogía me quedo, sin dudarlos con el segundo.
Este empieza muy bien, aunque luego se ralentiza y hay una parte que se me ha hecho algo lenta. El problema del alcoholismo de él resulta bastante interesante y la protagonista es, cuando menos, inusual... quizás demasiado inocente, para luego espabilarse rápidamente.
La historia en general resulta un tanto absurda... pero eso no es algo que me disguste realmente... he leído historias mucho más absurdas que me han...more
Christine Morehouse
Review: Just place Katharine Ashe’s name on the cover of a book and you know that there is going to be magic between the pages.

I believe that Katharine Ashe has a magical wand where she sits like the fairy godmother in CINDERELLA and waves it over her keyboards. To believe that Katharine doesn’t poses super powers when she writes is like saying the earth doesn’t rotate around the sun. Do you rember when you were a child and you were asked, “When you grow up who would you like to be like?" I’m...more
CB
12% of the way in.

So far, Diantha is TSTL to the nth degree. I do not find über-naive and earnest heroines charming. I find them to be nincompoops. And I wonder why anyone wants to spend their time and/or money reading about their festivals of stupidity. Let's review Diantha's goal as stated so far: she wants to find her long-lost mother, who Diantha believes is running a brothel in Calais. And then have a season in London and settle down to a respectable marriage.

Yeah, because showing up at a b...more
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Miss Diantha Lucas has set upon a quest to find the mother that abandoned her when she was a child, she has two weeks to get to France before her family realise she has gone and come after her. However, it soon becomes apparent on the road that she needs a hero, someone to protect her from untoward advances and to guide her safely on her journey and when she recognises Mr Wyn Yale, she knows she has found her hero. But Wyn is no ones hero, drowning his guilt over a past deed in drink, when he se...more
Janga
Ashe has given readers two completely engaging characters in Diantha and Wyn. Most readers will recognize that the innocent beauty with a kind heart, and an underappreciated intelligence whose naïveté adds to her charm as a romance heroine who perhaps made her first appearance in novels by Georgette Heyer. Diantha is a delightful example, true to type and yet appealing as an individual. Despite some grim elements in her history, she possesses a contagious joy that lightens Wyn’s darkness and to...more
Michele Summers
Delightful and very well-written. Couldn't stop thinking about hero after I finished the book which for me is always a good sign. A different spin on Regency romance and very refreshing. Highly recommend, and of course, the lovely Katharine Ashe makes it all worthwhile.
Ella Quinn
Loved, loved, loved this book. I devored it on one night. The hero and heroine were perfect foils for one another. Their challanges were believable. How could one not fall for Wyn? I can't wait for Ms. Ashe's next book.
Waheed Rabbani
In 1820, 19-year-old Diantha Lucas is travelling in a mail coach bound for Bristol to catch a boat for Calais. Her objective is to rescue her mother from a den of iniquity, but her plan is imperilled when her maid abandons her. Diantha’s megrim abates as she recognises the handsome gentleman, Wyn Yale, sitting on the opposite bench.

Wyn, an agent for the secret Falcon Club, is on a mission of his own that involves horse theft, killing a duke to avenge an innocent girl’s murder, and facing the gal...more
Daisy
Guys, cold days and busy times at work always make me crave a good romance to just get lost in. And Katharine Ashe hasn't failed me in delivering exactly this!

Diantha was a minor character earlier on in the series and while I wasn't particularly invested in her then, I'm glad she got her own story! I love that Diantha went after what she wanted while stretching the boundaries of what a woman in that time could do. She charms her way around most problems and I kinda liked that. Of course I though...more
Maya
Much better than the last book. Diantha is the perfect heroine and hero of this story. I especially like that she is not physically perfect, she has stretch marks, faint scars from spots on her face. But most important she is a caring heroine.

Throughout the book I kept wondering what her mother did to her that demanded Diantha to look for her. I finally found out only at the end - her mother would apply pig fat with perfume on her face "to help" with the spots. Very cruel. And Diantha only foun...more
Amy
I have been awaiting Wyn Yale's story since first meeting him as a member of the Falcon Club. His charm, his gentle nature with women, and his tortured soul drew me immediately and in HOW A LADY WEDS A ROGUE, he is everything I expected and hoped he'd be. Even more tortured by the sense of responsibility he has for Diantha and his loyalty to her family, Wyn finds himself battling his own needs for both Diantha and the bottle. In an attempt to keep his wits around Diantha and to protect her from...more
Belinda
Sexy Rogue, December 5, 2012
This review is from: How a Lady Weds a Rogue: A Falcon Club Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
When reading How a Lady Weds a Rogue, I was astonished with the witty and seductive writing by the author. She has done it again with her Falcon Club series. I like reading about fellow club members who have made love matches. Now it's Wyn Yale's turn and he doesn't disappoint. I remember him from the recent books and was so glad to read about him again. Wyn has been a secret ag...more
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-r...

Diantha Lucas is in need of a hero. Over four years ago, her mother left home under dark circumstances no one has ever told Diantha about. Now Diantha has discovered that her mother is running a brothel in Calais and for very personal reasons Diantha is determined to speak with her. If it means she has to take off from the manor home of a friend and travel to France by herself, then so be it. But her journey w...more
Meredith

Originally posted on The Librarian Next Door:

As a member of the Falcon Club, Wyn Yale’s specialty is retrieving lost girls, his easy manners and charm working wonders to return them to their families. But Wyn is haunted by the one girl he was unable to save and hell-bound to exact his revenge. When he sets off on this suicide mission, he crosses paths with Diantha Lucas, the younger sister to his good friends Serena Savege and Viola Seton. Diantha is on a mission of her own and sees Wyn as her v...more
Lisa
"If you ask again, I vow I will tie you up, stuff you in that traveling trunk, and haul you back to your stepfather's home at once."
"I would not fit in my traveling trunk. It is too full of other items."

How a Lady Weds a Rogue was sweet, romantic and charming. I enjoyed it immensely.

Diantha and Wyn were a lovely pair. I find if I don't like the characters in a historical romance, the rest of the story is hard to bear. Luckily, I didn't have that problem with this book because I loved them.

The...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
HOW A LADY WEDS A ROGUE by Katharine Ashe is an intriguing historical romance. It is Book #3 in the “A Falcon Club Novel” series,but it can be red as a stand alone. See,” When a Scot Loves a Lady” and “How To Be a Proper Lady”. Written with depth,details and engaging characters. Follow Wyn Yale,an agent in the Falcon Club and Diantha Lucas on a grand adventure of danger,secrets,lust,passion,romance and love. Another, fast paced,adventure filled story by this author. I enjoyed Wyn and his battles...more
Amanda
I really enjoyed this one. Most of the book centers on Diantha and Wyn, with Diantha wanting Wyn to bring her to her mother so she can try to save her from her life of debauchery and Wyn just wanting to bring Diantha home and avoid scandal. Of course the story is more complicated than that, but I really enjoyed how opposite their objectives were. The great banter between Wyn and Diantha was a major highlight in the story, and I loved their interactions.

I do wish that I had read the previous boo...more
Jessica
My full review.

The end is the best part of the book. I think that this may be true for a few reasons: 1) I was used to Diantha by this point. I found her trying as a character and it took me a long time to simply give in to her headstrong, stubborn personality. While I normally appreciate that kind of female protagonist, in this book, that behavior just came off as willfully difficult without much purpose. But by the time we reach the last quarter of the book, I had come to just accept this abou...more
Shaunda Dixon
I gotta say, this author is excellent. Her writing style really appealed to me. It had a few twists in the plot and dialogue which kept it interesting.
Pam H
I have read many historicals but this is my favorite and I liked the 2 preceding books in this anthology. Wyn Yale was Diantha's hero when he saved her from bullies at the wedding of his friend, Lord Blackwood and she never forgot him. When she found him in her mail coach, she knew she had found the hero she needed to finish her mission to find her mother. Wyn is as damaged a hero as you can find and is lucky enough to have Diantha fall in love with him and want to save him from his demons.

Its...more
Anusriya
The writing is good but the story itself is not interesting at all.
Michelle Geries
Enjoyed it! Can't want to see what happens in #4 and #5 to come.
Carolyn
Dec 22, 2013 Carolyn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nisha Mslvoe
I have thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Ashe's Falcon Club Series. This was the one book, Wyn's story, that I couldn't wait to read. And, not only did it not disappoint, it exceeded my expectations! If you read this book and do not fall totally in love with Wyn Yale, you have a heart of stone.

The dialogue and repartee between the two main characters was fabulous and so beautifully written that, several times, I simply had to re-read the passages to savor each delicious word.

I highly anticipate the next...more
Barbara
This is Wyn's story and my favorite so far of the series. Ms. Ashe aptly describes Wyn's problem with alcohol (something seen in earlier books) and what happens to him because of the alcohol. Diantha has worshipped him for years-he was nice to her when she was young, chubby and had acne. She is a lively young woman, always with a plan while Wyn is pulled along by that elan. The story is about two people who fall in love, but have everyday problems. There is not real extraneous parts to the story...more
Jessie Mihalik
Started out better than it ended, but overall not bad.
Marjorie
Wyn Yale needs help in the biggest way. Diantha Lucas loves to help people. Yet first Wyn must keep her from foolishly travel by her self to find her mother who now works in a brothel. Diantha keeps Wyn on his toes even as he tries to outfox her. She even manages to elude his grasp a couple of times though he does manage to find her.

Great love story! Love this author and her books.

Nita Eyster
1. I love Katherine Ashe
2. I love witty and smart dialogue
3. I love Wyn

Hence, i had no alternative than to love the book. Diantha bugged me...she was way to smart to not catch on sooner. But all the wonderful events and conversations made up for it. And besides i probably wouldn't like any one Wyn fell for.......because it should have been me!!!

When will Peregrine fall in love?
Lourdes
Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! I have to admit that after the third book from Rogues of the Sea, I have not been disappointed. Ms. Ashe delivers in every book and this is not the exception.
I am really looking forward to the next installment of the Falcon Club, at least I hope there are more being that we have not yet solved the matter of Lady Justice.
Kellianne Stevens
4.5 Stars. Another outstanding book from Katharine Ashe. A humorous, intense story of redemption and adventure. Loved the character development. My only concern -- in the real world, can an alcoholic really change his stripes this easily? I sure hope so, because I want to believe that these two really had a super HEA.
Gaylin Walli
With so many books to read on my TBR shelf, I'm afraid I'm going to put this on the did not finish shelf for now. Even after having read about a quarter of the book, I'm having a really hard time liking the heroine at all, so I'm going to set this down for now and maybe come back to it later.
  • The Art of Duke Hunting (Royal Entourage, #2)
  • The Bed and the Bachelor (The Byrons of Braeborne, #5)
  • The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2)
  • The Earl with the Secret Tattoo (House of Brady, #1.5)
  • Waking Up with a Rake (The Royal Rakes, #1)
  • A Notorious Countess Confesses (Pennyroyal Green, #7)
  • Lessons from a Scandalous Bride (Forgotten Princesses #2)
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLeries #7)
  • Rules to Catch a Devilish Duke (Scandalous Brides, #3)
  • The Importance of Being Wicked (The Wild Quartet, #1)
  • If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton, #2)
  • Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight (The Duke's Daughters, #3) (Windham, #6)
  • Seducing Mr. Knightly (The Writing Girls, #4)
  • Lady Alexandra's Excellent Adventure (Summersby #1)
  • Loving the Marquess (Landing a Lord, #1)
  • To Wed a Wicked Highlander (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #3)
  • The Scoundrel Takes a Bride (Regency Rogues, #5)
  • The Way to a Duke's Heart (The Truth About the Duke, #3)
Katharine Ashe writes lushly intense historical romances with a touch of adventure. Her novella HOW TO MARRY A HIGHLANDER is a 2014 RITA® Award Finalist, I MARRIED THE DUKE was nominated for Best Historical Romance of 2013 in the Reviewers' Choice Awards, and Amazon chose her HOW TO BE A PROPER LADY among the 10 Best Romances of 2012. She is the winner of the 2011 Reviewers' Choice Award for Best...more
More about Katharine Ashe...
When a Scot Loves a Lady (Falcon Club, #1) Swept Away by a Kiss (Rogues of the Sea, #1) How to Be a Proper Lady (Falcon Club, #2) Captured by a Rogue Lord (Rogues of the Sea, #2) I Married the Duke (The Prince Catchers, #1)

“Can—” She caught her lip in her teeth. “Can you tell me . . . ? How does one breathe?”
Very unsteadily while those eyes gazed up at him. “Breathe?”
“While kissing.”
Not easy. He tried to moderate his voice. “In the usual manner, I imagine.”
Her slender brows dipped.
“At opportune moments,” he suggested.
Her lips twisted up in that manner he both dreaded and longed for.
“Through one’s nose, perhaps,” he said, because his only refuge was to continue speaking or to walk away.
“Really?” She appeared unconvinced.

And so, because her skepticism suited his need to have her lips beneath his again, he showed her how one breathed while kissing. To her soft gasp of surprise, he took her waist in his hands, bent to her mouth, and kissed her in truth this time. Her lips were warm and still, and then not still as he felt her eager beauty, tasted her, and made her respond.

She held back at first, and then she gave herself up to it. Her mouth opened to him as though by nature, offering him a sweet breath of the temptation within. If he’d gone seeking an innocent with more ready hunger he could not have found her. But he had not wanted an innocent. He’d wanted no one, yet here he was with his hands on a girl he could not release, his tongue tracing the seam of sweet, full lips that she parted for him willingly.
“Now, breathe,” he whispered against those lips, then he sought her deeper. She made sounds of surrender in the back of her throat. He wanted to run his hands over her body, to pull her to him and make her know what a real kiss could be.

“Breathe.” God, she smelled so good. He could press his face against her neck and remain there simply breathing her. But he feared that if he enjoyed much more of Diantha Lucas he would be in a very bad way when it came to giving her over to her stepfather and subsequently her intended. A very bad way indeed. And she didn’t deserve it. Rule #9: A gentleman must always place a lady’s welfare before his own.

She slipped her tongue alongside his, gasped a little whimper of pleasure, and he coaxed her lips open and showed her more than how to breathe. He showed her how he wanted her.

It was a pity for Miss Lucas’s welfare that no gentleman could be found here, after all.”
2 likes