Start by marking “Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone” as Want to Read:
Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone

Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone

2.97 of 5 stars 2.97  ·  rating details  ·  951 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Want to know the easy way to approach and make conversation with new people? In this book you`ll discover simple ways to ensure you always have something interesting to talk about.

Find out how popular people make it look so easy and how you can do the same.

This short 17 page book covers the following strategies:

- How to Approach Someone to Start a Conversation
- 9 Great Wa
Published January 16th 2012 (first published November 15th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone

Danielle West
Reading this book is kind of like reading a serious of mediocre blog posts. A lot of solid advice that is either very obvious or in the easier said then done column. Filled with a smattering of exclamation points so that you know that this is all very exciting information!

On a scale from Totally Awesome to Horrifically Awful, I'd give it a Not Horrifically Awful. You could find the same info, probably less annoyingly written, with a quick google search. But the book is free, so...yeah. Reading i
Michelle E.
I'm not usually one to use self-help books, even though I am socially challenged but this was (is?) free on Kindle; after all, I'm majoring in psychology, and if that can't fix me, nothing can (and I'm actually starting to think nothing can). Anyway, this book is all about quantity over quality when seeking friendship; even when you have great friends, keep looking, looking, looking, this book says. Now, yes, I do believe in having a diverse group of friends (you know, assuming I had any friends ...more
Thomas
I'll give the author the benefit of the doubt and say he probably was not writing this with autism in mind. Or anxiety. Well, anxiety past the "cute and quirky, with sweaty hands" stage, anyway. This book does not deal with what to do when you vomit on that cute stranger.

For the first half it seems to be afraid of commas. Towards the end it becomes apparent that the writer doesn't understand that commas, force a pause. See what I did there? I got all self demonstrating up in this bitch.

Some sent
The Book Man
This is a very short interesting book.
If you are a shy person or if you are a business major then for sure this book is important for you.
It is about communication and the importance of it. Even if you’re not that communicative person here are some tips of “how to be a good communicator”.
It does not give tips to “impress” people. I think a good/servant leader does not want to impress others. If there is a leader that wants to impress people; it would not seem to me impressive at all.
This kind of
Mariah
I decided to pick up an old book in my garage that was meant to be sold in next month’s garage sale, and would have most likely been unnoticed each morning as I walk past it to get into my car. The title caught my eye, Always Know What to Say: Easy Ways to Approach and Talk to Anyone by Peter W Murphy. Don’t let this seventeen-page booklet fool you: it breaks down several areas such as how to approach someone, how to carry on a conversation, and even strategies to read one’s body language. I cam ...more
Marco
I mainly read this because it was free on Amazon Kindle and I thought it'd be a good comparison to Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain.

From the perspective of someone who is a gregarious, (perhaps-sometimes-overly-)talkative extrovert, I've never really had a problem with knowing what to say, though I wanted to improve myself in terms of making good conversation, what with Freshers at university coming soon.

The book gave plenty of good tips (mainly ones
Kimberly R. Decker
Easy read, realistic advice

I like that this book offer practical and realistic advice. it provided a few conversation starters for different situations and keys on how to keep the conversation moving. The one thing I didn't care for was the beginning of the book which listed all the mistakes people make when meeting new people. To me, the focus was negative, discussing all the bad things one does versus instilling confidence in the reader. Overall there are helpful conversational tips. I don't t
Kameisha Jerae Hodge
Common Sense

I chose this book to read because I felt that as an entrepreneur and CEO, I needed to become better at socializing/networking with my peers and colleagues. Not only was it a quick read, but this particular book was written in a very understandable way. It is very accessible! Basic human interaction is simplified in Murphy's piece, and he does a great job at breaking down the concepts he brings forth. Super helpful.
Eileen Carter
Enlightening

Enlightening

This book had lots of insight on how to be better at communicating with others. It opened my eyes to stunned things that I do and didn't realize were not good when talking with others. Well worth reading if you are interested in being a better conversationalist.
Diana Shaffner
This book by P. Murphy has a view good pointers and ideas. For example, it is suggested that you take an interest in topics that are popular at the time and many people people like to talk about even if the topic itself is not normally your cup of tea. The author asks if you could perhaps be more generous in this way and spend some time keeping up with such popular topics despite this being against your grain. There is definitely value in this advise unless, of course you already do that because ...more
Alynn
Helpful but I am not satisfied. I am looking for more...
Dudu Serra
I do not know what to say about this book.
Phoebebb
Mar 01, 2014 Phoebebb marked it as to-read
Section on reading body language.
Renee
Lame, lame and lame!
Lawrence
Feb 23, 2014 Lawrence marked it as to-read
Shelves: social
FALSE
Kiran Kumar
A step by step approach and guide to start and proceed with a conversation with known and unknown people.
The author is quite successful in bringing about the basic ideas, strategies and approach towards starting a conversation and keeping it live till the end. The book is divided into two parts for convenience. The first part takes the reader through the basics of developing conversation skills and the negative habits which need to be addressed to start a good conversation. The Love and Connecti
Brenda
So I was playing a game with my kindle that I call " What am I going to read? I scroll up and down and stop at a random spot. Then I pick one book from that section. I have downloaded a lot of free books. Today I picked this book.
Now I have told by my brother that I try to have conversation with anybody and this is true. I like people. I like knowing the bits and pieces that make up their lives. So I am not this book's target audience HOWEVER I thought there was so very solid advice to be found
Robert Graves
I picked up this little ebook to help me interview mitigation witnesses in a more conversation manner. It has some good tips, but most of what it has to say is pretty basic, especially if you've already taken the time to study related topics such as body language, listening skills, and interviewing.
Valkyriethewonderdog
Quick read with some good points

Quick read with some good points

there were some good tips particularly for shy people. while I don't feel necessary armed with appropriate tools for business networking the basic preparation ideas are with the read.
Adrian
Nice read

Nice read

Great read especially if you are interested in learning about how interpersonal communication works, is initiated, and conducted extremely efficiently.
Janeen Shumpert
I love this book

I love this book because it teaches me how to be calm and make friends how to start a conversation helping me make good choices not having attitudes I love this
J. Schmidt
A few good points, but generally shallow and simplistic. There are plenty of other books like this and it really adds nothing new.

There are, however, many better books on this topic.
Duane Caringal
Simple, striaight to the point and informative. I just feel like it could go a little more deeper or in-depth in general about it's topics. It's ok esp. it's free.
Sherry
I found this very useful for my very shy friend. I was able to give her some pointers on how to just "be out there" and join in conversations. I would recommend.
Nicholas Maulucci
this book has some good ideas for improving one's conversational skills. short read - less than two hours. a lot of practical helps. a little philosophy thrown in for good measure. if you consider yourself an introvert, you might want to consider reading this book.
Tima Vaughn
H h h I h I hi. :/ u u h h h u h h h j j j h h j b

bhhh h h h h h h h h f g j h h h h b h f g h. h in. check. c.f. h
devuntae addison
Not bad

I recommend this product to anyone who wants to branch out. Very very insightful. a very good read. thank you
Jeehye
worth of going through some of thought, btw, it was free!
Christine
I generally like reading books about the psychology of conversations and other social habits. This was a quick read (about 17 pages long), so it didn't have too many ground-breaking assertions, but it wasn't a waste, either. I liked it as a general guide to help you think more about your social interactions and of ways to improve your skills. I found chapter 5 especially encouraging for this reason. It may not be the most detailed book on this subject matter, but it can be helpful :)
Addie
I really liked this one. It's simple and easy to follow. I'm pretty good at having conversations, but I was interested to see what I could learn. I did find some tips that I'll be able to use in order to make the conversations I have more effective. It also talked quite a bit about branching out. I won't lie this is not my strong suit. This book did give me ideas, however, on how to improve that and I plan to refer to this book whenever I feel I might be slipping.
  • Boost Your Memory: Brilliant Ideas You Won't Forget (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • Energize: Ignite Passion and Performance with User Friendly Brain Tools (Positive Change by Retraining the Brain)
  • Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You
  • A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies
  • Ten Interesting Things about Human Behavior
  • Joyful Momma's Guide to Shopping & Cooking Frugally
  • Presentations in Action: 80 Memorable Presentation Lessons from the Masters
  • Get Organized! Your 12 Month Home Clutter Killer Guide: Organizing The House, Decluttering And How To Clean Your Home To Perfection (Gleam Guru)
  • Journal of a Cavalry Bugler
  • How People Tick: A Guide to Over 50 Types of Difficult People and How to Handle Them
  • Absolutely Organize Your Family: Simple Solutions to Control Clutter, Schedules and Spaces
  • Living Successfully with Screwed-Up People
  • Math for Grownups
  • The Resume is Dead
  • The Truth About the New Rules of Business Writing (Truth About Series)
  • The Positive Thinking Secret
  • Being Happy
  • Your Brain and Business: The Neuroscience of Great Leaders
How to Control Any Conversation - Simple Ways to Deal with Difficult People and Awkward Situations Love-Driven Communication - How to Create Deep Connections that Last How to Improve Concentration at Work - High Achiever Secrets to Staying Focused and Beating Distractions Conversation Ignition - Simple Conversation Starters that Get People Talking Conversation Lubricants: Easy Ways to Start and Keep a Great Conversation Flowing

“If you don’t want to change, how are you going to handle living with this limitation for the rest of your life?” 2 likes
“Liking yourself is far more important than having other people like you, fortunately, if you like yourself, you are more likely to have people like you.” 1 likes