Start by marking “Внутренняя сторона ветра. Роман о Геро и Леандре.” as Want to Read:
Внутренняя сторона ветра. Роман о Геро и Леандре.

Внутренняя сторона ветра. Роман о Геро и Леандре.

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  699 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Milorad Pavic, the brilliantly innovative author whose first novel, the phenomenal Dictionary of the Khazars, inspired readers to look at literature in a new and unique way, and whose second, Landscape Painted with Tea, virtually created a new set of directions by which to interpret fiction, now gives us The Inner Side of the Wind, a magically entertaining love story that ...more
Hardcover
Published 2010 by Амфора (first published 1991)

Be the first to ask a question about Внутренняя сторона ветра. Роман о Геро и Леандре.

Liviu
Jul 28, 2008 Liviu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mainstream

Very unusual short novel even compared to other Pavic works.

The book is two sided and has no beginning or end, but can be read from either side.

A 97 page novella tells the story of Leander, a semi-literate master builder Serbian monk living in the 18th century at the confluence of conflict between two foreign powers in all senses of the word - the Muslim Ottomans and the Catholic Austrians over the body of Orthodox Serbia

On the other side, a 77 page novella tells the story of Hero a Serbian
Kyle Muntz
Like a lot of similar novels (which, I think, a lot of people would be eager to call "magical realist"), this reads as an exercise in invention and strangeness at the sentence/paragraph level, where a sequence of very strange things are strung together without ever being developed. I really liked the premise, but the absence of decent storytelling and emotional gravity haunts every page. I used to really enjoy this kind of stuff but mostly it just felt tiresome.
Robert Gustavo
Dec 20, 2015 Robert Gustavo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was probably the third or fourth time I read this, and the first in 10 to 15 years. The text delighted me as much as I remembered, with passages like these:

"He returned to the city in the rainy season of the year, constantly treading on snails, which cracked under his feet as though made of glass"

"The other most frequently entered item in Hero's book of dreams was a tiny little boy. The boy's father ate nothing but meat, and his mother ate nothing but lentils. Because of the father, the boy
Charles Bechtel
Aug 26, 2011 Charles Bechtel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of too clever fiction
I, too, am writing a creative variation on the Hero and Leander myth, which is a direct cause to my purchasing this book. I had purchased Pavic's Dictionary of the Khazars male version when it first hit the shelves back around 1987 because it was the most beautiful book production I had seen in years. I read a quarter of it, and one day it was gone from my house. (Possibly someone visiting thought the same about its production.) 'Khazars' was an interesting read, but not an enjoyable one.

I more
Rhys
Dec 14, 2014 Rhys rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An extraordinary novel by a remarkable writer, The Inner Side of the Wind tells two stories, one from a male perspective and one from a female perspective, both separated by two centuries of time. These stories are printed dos-à-dos, so after you have read one you must flip the book to read the other. The two stories meet in the middle, in space, time and imagination.

The two stories combine into an evolved retelling of the tale of Hero and Leander but they are much more than a magical romance, i
Sofia
Jul 16, 2016 Sofia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a non-English version of this book and I was at first reluctant. Sounded to me like a love story. Love story from two perspectives, written completely separate? Well, that's unusual, and I've wanted to read a book in such a style for a while, but still. Love story?... Well, I'll say now that "love" is not exactly the relationships between the two characters. The two characters never marry, never court, never kiss, never meet, in fact. I suppose the events could be better interpreted as an ...more
Dimitar Stefanov
Catherina Zhecheva
Probably would have liked it a lot more if most of Leander's part wasn't copied from another story by the same author. Nevertheless, got me interested, thought about the two stories for days - still thinking about them. I find myself sitting at home, just staring at something and picking at this part or that one. Great author, definitely turning into one of my favorites.
Neva
Dec 22, 2012 Neva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Из архивите - рецензия за в. "Гласове".

Еднорог
"Вътрешната страна на вятъра", Милорад Павич, прев. Жела Георгиева, "Колибри", 2007 г.

"Дори децата и селските жени знаят, че еднорогът е добра поличба. Но това същество не спада към домашните животни, невинаги е лесно да го откриеш, не подлежи на класификация. Не е като коня или бика, вълка или елена. При това положение дори може да се намираме пред еднорог и да не знаем със сигурност такъв ли е, или не." Хорхе Луис Борхес, "Нови разследвания"

"– Виж
Даваадорж Ишдорж
...Хараач цонхны цаана мод ургаж байна. Гэж Леандр хариулаад, Тэрээр ургахын тулд тайван цаг ирэхийг хүлээхгүй л байгаа биз дээ.
d.
Feb 07, 2012 d. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantazija

posmatram se u ogledalu koje cuti tishinom koju prepoznajem.

prochitah malopre da je jedno oko na nashem licu mushko dok je drugo zhensko.

posmatram svoje ochi &razotkrivam istinitost zapisa.

moje levo oko je zhensko. desno mushko.

dobro, sada kada sam im utvrdila rodove ne znam shta cu sa tim saznanjem.

mada, sigurna sam jednog dana ce mi sigurno biti od koristi.

ne znam samo da li cu tog dana stajati pred ogledalom kao sada

oslushkujuci svoju zazidanu tishinu

ili cu se prepoznavati u tudja dva ok
Tom
Aug 09, 2011 Tom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a wise little book. It's not one of those which effortlessly immerses you; you have to Read it, with a capital 'R'. It's worth it though, and it's an inspiration to find what else Pavic's pulled off. I'll be buying more! You should buy this. You'll probably need to go second-hand, though.
J.
Apr 17, 2011 J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Not nearly as compelling as the Dictionary of the Khazars, but the bizarreness was still quite enjoyable. But, for a short book, it did take me an incredibly long time to read. It just didn't quite suck me in.
Bistra Ivanova
Jul 10, 2009 Bistra Ivanova rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
павич е забележителен най-малкото с това, че в един абзац разказва това, което другите писатели обикновено разгръщат на 4 страници
умно е написана книгата, но на мен лично не ми допадна някак
Megan C
Mar 09, 2010 Megan C rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
It was hard to tell sometimes if this was amazing or just really ridiculous but either way I am consumed with the desire to read everything else he has ever written.
Jenny
Dec 18, 2008 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's off-the-wall nature annoyed me more than I thought it would. I think it is one of those books that really needs to be read in the original language.
Екатерина
Страхотен, магичен разказвач.Всяко изречение освен буквалния си смисъл ти дава и множество други пътища за полет на мисълта и смислите.
Artem Huletski
Jun 26, 2012 Artem Huletski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Книги Павича - просто сказка. В них есть своеобразие, стиль, атмосфера и своя философия.
Geørge
Jul 23, 2013 Geørge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ერთ-ერთი საუკეთესო წიგნია, რაც წამიკითხავს! Super!
Martina
Apr 03, 2009 Martina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A postmodern, weird and wonderful epic poem. A
Mia
Mia rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Ljiljana
Ljiljana rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Thomas Escritt
Thomas Escritt marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Mari
Mari added it
Aug 15, 2016
PurringM
PurringM rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Olga
Olga rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Aleksandra Milosevic
Aleksandra Milosevic marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
  • Samac u braku
  • Beleške jedne Ane
  • Čas anatomije
  • Atlas descrito por el cielo
  • Koštana
  • Spletkarenje sa sopstvenom dušom
  • Znakovi pored puta
  • Dnevnik o Čarnojeviću
  • Leeches
Milorad Pavić was a Serbian poet, prose writer, translator, and literary historian.

Pavić wrote five novels which were translated into English: Dictionary of the Khazars: A Lexicon Novel, Landscape Painted With Tea, Inner Side of the Wind, Last Love in Constantinople and Unique Item as well as many short stories not in English translation.
More about Milorad Pavić...

“Любовь бывает разных видов. Одну можно подцепить только вилкой, другую едят руками, как устриц, иную следует резать ножом, чтобы не удушила тебя, а бывает и такая жидкая, что без ложки не обойтись. Но есть и такая, как яблоко, которое съел Адам.” 6 likes
“Unutrašnja strana vetra je ona koja ostaje suva dok vetar duva kroz kišu."
"Bilo je nešto što nikako nije uspevala da uklopi u svoju čistu sliku sveta. To su bili snovi. Otkud u tako jednostavnom životu, u kome se može trčati samo između dva uha, svake večeri nešto tako neobjašnjivo kao što su snovi? Nešto što traje i posle smrti."
"Lingvistika snova govorila je jasno da postoji prilog vremena sanjanog i da put do sadašnjice vodi preko budućnosti, i to kroz san. Jer ni prošlog vremena nema u snovima. Sve liči na nešto još nedoživljeno, na neku čudnu sutrašnjicu koja je počela unapred. Na neki predujam uzet od budućeg života, na budućnost koja se ostvaruje pošto je sanjač izbegao neminovno SADA."
"Ljubav je kao ptica u kavezu; ako je svaki dan ne nahraniš, ugine."
"OTVARAM VRATA, U SOBU ULAZI MESEČINA, KROZ MESEČINU ULAZIM JA."
"Ničega tajanstvenog, nažalost, nema na svetu. Svet nije pun tajni, svet je pun ušiju koje pište. Čitava priča može da stane u pucanj biča."
"Svi smo mi zidari vremena, teramo senke i hvatamo vodu na pupak; svak zida od časova svoju kuću, svak od vremena svoj uljanik podiže i svoj med bere, vreme u mehovima nosimo da nam vatru raspiruje."
"Kada se zagledamo u svoju dušu, vidimo je kakva je ona bila pre mnogo hiljada godina, a ne kakva je sada, jer toliko treba da naš pogled stigne do duše i da je osmotri, to jest, toliko vremena treba da svetlost duše stigne do našeg unutrašnjeg oka i da ga obasja. Ponekad tako vidimo dušu koje odavno nema.”
5 likes