Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Внутренняя сторона ветра. Роман о Геро и Леандре.” as Want to Read:
Внутренняя сторона ветра. Роман о Геро и Леандре.
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating

Внутренняя сторона ветра. Роман о Геро и Леандре.

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  533 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Milorad Pavic, the brilliantly innovative author whose first novel, the phenomenal Dictionary of the Khazars, inspired readers to look at literature in a new and unique way, and whose second, Landscape Painted with Tea, virtually created a new set of directions by which to interpret fiction, now gives us The Inner Side of the Wind, a magically entertaining love story that ...more
Hardcover
Published 2010 by Амфора (first published 1991)
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

Be the first to ask a question about Внутренняя сторона ветра. Роман о Геро и Леандре.

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 806)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
Liviu

Very unusual short novel even compared to other Pavic works.

The book is two sided and has no beginning or end, but can be read from either side.

A 97 page novella tells the story of Leander, a semi-literate master builder Serbian monk living in the 18th century at the confluence of conflict between two foreign powers in all senses of the word - the Muslim Ottomans and the Catholic Austrians over the body of Orthodox Serbia

On the other side, a 77 page novella tells the story of Hero a Serbian
...more
Charles Bechtel
Aug 26, 2011 Charles Bechtel rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of too clever fiction
I, too, am writing a creative variation on the Hero and Leander myth, which is a direct cause to my purchasing this book. I had purchased Pavic's Dictionary of the Khazars male version when it first hit the shelves back around 1987 because it was the most beautiful book production I had seen in years. I read a quarter of it, and one day it was gone from my house. (Possibly someone visiting thought the same about its production.) 'Khazars' was an interesting read, but not an enjoyable one.

I more
...more
Rhys
An extraordinary novel by a remarkable writer, The Inner Side of the Wind tells two stories, one from a male perspective and one from a female perspective, both separated by two centuries of time. These stories are printed dos-à-dos, so after you have read one you must flip the book to read the other. The two stories meet in the middle, in space, time and imagination.

The two stories combine into an evolved retelling of the tale of Hero and Leander but they are much more than a magical romance, i
...more
Catherina Zhecheva
Probably would have liked it a lot more if most of Leander's part wasn't copied from another story by the same author. Nevertheless, got me interested, thought about the two stories for days - still thinking about them. I find myself sitting at home, just staring at something and picking at this part or that one. Great author, definitely turning into one of my favorites.
Neva
Из архивите - рецензия за в. "Гласове".

Еднорог
"Вътрешната страна на вятъра", Милорад Павич, прев. Жела Георгиева, "Колибри", 2007 г.

"Дори децата и селските жени знаят, че еднорогът е добра поличба. Но това същество не спада към домашните животни, невинаги е лесно да го откриеш, не подлежи на класификация. Не е като коня или бика, вълка или елена. При това положение дори може да се намираме пред еднорог и да не знаем със сигурност такъв ли е, или не." Хорхе Луис Борхес, "Нови разследвания"

"– Виж
...more
d.


posmatram se u ogledalu koje cuti tishinom koju prepoznajem.

prochitah malopre da je jedno oko na nashem licu mushko dok je drugo zhensko.

posmatram svoje ochi &razotkrivam istinitost zapisa.

moje levo oko je zhensko. desno mushko.

dobro, sada kada sam im utvrdila rodove ne znam shta cu sa tim saznanjem.

mada, sigurna sam jednog dana ce mi sigurno biti od koristi.

ne znam samo da li cu tog dana stajati pred ogledalom kao sada

oslushkujuci svoju zazidanu tishinu

ili cu se prepoznavati u tudja dva ok
...more
Tom
This is a wise little book. It's not one of those which effortlessly immerses you; you have to Read it, with a capital 'R'. It's worth it though, and it's an inspiration to find what else Pavic's pulled off. I'll be buying more! You should buy this. You'll probably need to go second-hand, though.
J.
Not nearly as compelling as the Dictionary of the Khazars, but the bizarreness was still quite enjoyable. But, for a short book, it did take me an incredibly long time to read. It just didn't quite suck me in.
Bistra Ivanova
павич е забележителен най-малкото с това, че в един абзац разказва това, което другите писатели обикновено разгръщат на 4 страници
умно е написана книгата, но на мен лично не ми допадна някак
Megan
It was hard to tell sometimes if this was amazing or just really ridiculous but either way I am consumed with the desire to read everything else he has ever written.
Jenny
It's off-the-wall nature annoyed me more than I thought it would. I think it is one of those books that really needs to be read in the original language.
Екатерина
Страхотен, магичен разказвач.Всяко изречение освен буквалния си смисъл ти дава и множество други пътища за полет на мисълта и смислите.
Artem Huletski
Книги Павича - просто сказка. В них есть своеобразие, стиль, атмосфера и своя философия.
Geørge
ერთ-ერთი საუკეთესო წიგნია, რაც წამიკითხავს! Super!
Martina
A postmodern, weird and wonderful epic poem. A
Oksana
Oksana marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Orion Zangara
Orion Zangara marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Inna
Inna marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
N.T.
N.T. marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Srdjana
Srdjana is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 26 27 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Garden, Ashes
  • Beleške jedne Ane
  • La Mano de La Buena Fortuna
  • Samac u braku
  • Koštana
  • Impossible Stories
  • Besnilo
  • The Museum of Unconditional Surrender
  • Znakovi pored puta
  • Sumnjivo lice
  • Duge noći i crne zastave
  • Fieldwork in Ukrainian Sex
  • Затворник и шестипалый
  • Spletkarenje sa sopstvenom dušom
  • Dodir svile
  • Blago Cara Radovana
  • Orbitor. Aripa stângă
80824
Milorad Pavić was a Serbian poet, prose writer, translator, and literary historian.

Pavić wrote five novels which were translated into English: Dictionary of the Khazars: A Lexicon Novel, Landscape Painted With Tea, Inner Side of the Wind, Last Love in Constantinople and Unique Item as well as many short stories not in English translation.
More about Milorad Pavić...
Dictionary of the Khazars (Male Edition) Landscape Painted with Tea Last Love in Constantinople: A Tarot Novel for Divination Кутија за писање Unique Item

Share This Book

“Любовь бывает разных видов. Одну можно подцепить только вилкой, другую едят руками, как устриц, иную следует резать ножом, чтобы не удушила тебя, а бывает и такая жидкая, что без ложки не обойтись. Но есть и такая, как яблоко, которое съел Адам.” 6 likes
“Любовь подобна птице в клетке: если ее не кормить каждый день, она погибнет” 4 likes
More quotes…