Start by marking “Lady Seductress's Ball” as Want to Read:
Lady Seductress's Ball

Lady Seductress's Ball

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  28 reviews
(24,000 words)

As the wife of the elderly Earl of March, Olivia Covington has never known the intimacies of the bedroom. Though her curiosity is piqued by the shocking whispers of society ladies, she is too wary of causing scandal to indulge in an affair. But Tristan Knightley, Earl of Newcastle, tempts her to throw off propriety.

Tristan wants Olivia for his own, and has sw
ebook, EPUB eBook DRM free
Published December 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Lady Seductress's Ball, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Seductress's Ball

Ruth
This was quite an enjoyable little piece of Regency smut, provided by netgalley.

If it's steam you want, then this has it - in spades. I like the idea of the smutty masked ball/orgy, and it works well, although it was a bit of a stretch to think that it's a "celebration of the body". I always thought it was a chance for posh folks to bonk loads of unknown people, drink lots, eat lots, take naughty substances and generally behave badly. We also get to know the heroine quite well, which is good in
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
Lady Seductress's Ball is a short, yet very steamy novella. Olivia and Tristan met 3 years ago and neither one has been able to forget the other. Olivia is married to an older man who's health is failing. Her needs are not being met and she doesn't want to dishonor her marriage but seeking pleasure elsewhere. Tristan has been enchanted by Olivia since the moment he laid eyes on her. But because she is a married woman, he cannot act on it. Fast forward 3 years, and Tristan is attending a dinner p ...more
Joanne
If you are looking for a well-written, quick, sensual, historical read then this is the book for you. I really enjoyed the love story that was woven into this sizzling hot novella. Eliza Knight has managed to pack a well-rounded story into a short space – only 24,000 words.
Danielle
I just couldn't get into this story.
Pam
Dec 06, 2011 Pam rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adults
Shelves: reviews
With Olivia Covington marrying because it was her mother's dying wish, she feels like she has missed out on so much. Mainly love and all the intimacies that go along with it. She has even started dreaming about what it would be like. More specifically she is dreaming what it would be like with Tristan Knightley, a known bachelor and one that many women have visited.

At one dinner party at Olivia's home Tristan tries to coax out some passion from her. After one taste she is hooked and wants more
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
This may have been a relatively short read at only around 24,000 words, but it was certainly fulfilling and enjoyable. The writing is rich, descriptive, and flows wonderfully; you can really tell that Knight knows exactly what's she doing when she put pen to paper. Olivia is a great character who is in a pity inducing situation being married to a much older man whom she only marginally cares for. To make matters worse she is having some very scandalous dreams about the oh so dreamy Tristan. What ...more
Trish
Fiction; Romance/Erotica
3 stars

Olivia Covington is married to the much older Earl of March. He is a sickly man who has never really taken much interest in his young bride other than the occasional conjugal visit.

Olivia’s dreams take her beyond the life she leads within in the four walls of her home as she fantasizes about the handsome Earl of Newcastle, Tristan Knightly. Their attraction to each other is electric and she cannot help but yearn for his presence.

Not wanting to shame her for having
What isn’t sexy about a masquerade? Add in a planned meet-up of forbidden lovers, and the setting becomes absolutely irresistible.
Lady Olivia is unsatisfied in her marriage. Forced to marry and aging Earl at a young age, Olivia yearns for more passion in her young life; particularly from that of a certain delicious Earl, Tristan. Night after night, Olivia dreams of being completely ravaged by Tristan only to wake and find herself aching even more to be with him.
Tristan has had his eye on Olivia
ZaBeth
I have to start off by saying that I don’t usually read erotica. However, I’ve read other books published by Carina Press so when I came across Eliza Knight’s Lady Seductress’s Ball on NetGalley I decided to give it a read. I’m glad that I did.
Erotica is not for the faint at heart or bedroom shy. Knight immediately establishes this novella with intense, passionate descriptions that leaves very little to the imagination. Yet while the heroine and hero almost immediately fall into bed, Knight has
Eva
4 Stars

Lady Seductress's Ball by Eliza Knight was an entertaining quick read. Historical Romance is not my favorite sub-genre of romance, but I do read it occasionally. I am glad that I did this time since I really enjoyed the characters and storyline of Ms. Knight's book.

I found the leading lady, Olivia Covington, to be a bit too weak willed and easily manipulated, but seeing that this is a historical romance it didn't bother me as much as it does in contemporary romances. Earl Tristan Knightl
Habrewer
Lady Seductress’s Ball by Eliza Knight
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Olivia married the elderly Earl out of duty because it was her parents dying wish that she not break her betrothal to him. She finds herself unfulfilled in all aspects of her marriage and wonders if other wives feel the same way. During a party to celebrate her husband’s return to health, she has an unforgettable encounter with the man of her dreams, literally Tristan Kightley.
Marlene
With a title like Lady Seductress's Ball, I was expecting Eliza Knight's novella to be a steamy novella without much plot. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised that this short erotic story concealed a happily ever after.

Olivia, Countess of March, has been having erotic dreams of Tristan, the Earl of Newcastle... while she's been waiting for her husband, the Earl of March, to just up and die already.

Her behavior isn't quite as vulture-like, or maybe harpy-like,
Karla V
The book starts with one of the many lascivous dreams Olivia, the Countess of March, has been having. And the main star is always the gorgeous rakehell Tristan, the Earl of Newcastle.

Olivia is suffering from what she calls 'amatory deficiency'. She yearns for a lover's hot touch and caress. All the things she's been hearing about in the ladies' retiring rooms. She craves and fantasizes for the attention and pleasure her sick, older husband hasn't been able to give her. She also regrets marrying
Ally
Lady Seductress’s Ball
You are cordially invited to the Viewing of this steamy Novella.
Do you seek steam, eroticism and long lasting pleasure in a short amount of time?

This naughty book will have you panting the Hero is the equivalent of a very hot Johnny and he’s always willing to show you new ways of ahem indulging your fruit. Welcome to 1815 London, where orgies, fruit and mirror rooms walk hand in hand
In this book we meet Olivia, she is young and full of unexplored passions and married to
Lela Whitus
Dec 26, 2011 Lela Whitus rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who loves erotica
You are cordially invited to an erotic adventure.
I'll be honest with you, I wanted to read this book from the title alone, it sounded so, so naughty and it does not let you down. Olivia is in a loveless marriage to a much older man, but she is infatuated with Tristan, an Earl, a bachelor, a rake. On a whim she invites him to a dinner party, and I'll just say that she ended up being on the dessert menu. Neither one is able to put the forbidden encounter behind them.
I took an instant liking to Oli
My Book Addiction and More MBA
LADY SEDUCTRESS’S BALL by Eliza Knight is an erotic historical romance. It is the story of lost love and sex. I have mixed feelings about this title. I find the adultery,and the events at the Lady Seductress’s Ball a bit overwhelming. As Lady Olivia is waiting for her husband to pass she goes rumping with an old flame,Tristan. It is well written,as I said earlier I have mixed feelings with the adultery. Otherwise,a quick,sensual read. It is also the story of lost love,found again. Received for a ...more
Lynn
Olivia and Tristan have been coveting after one another for years. Tristan even had plans to court Olivia before she abruptly married the elderly Earl of March to honor her parents’ dying request. Olivia dreams of passion in the bedroom that her sick and elderly husband cannot offer her. When Olivia is invited to Lady Seductress’s Ball she is tempted by the exoticness of the event, and by the idea that Tristan will be in attendance. While Olivia briefly feels some guilt for not being faithful to ...more
LorettaLynn
24,000 words
PDF copy from http://netgalley.com/

Married for someone else and not her-self Olivia has never known the intimacies of the bedroom. She has a once a month visit by her husband the elderly Earl of March.
She has dreams very vivid dreams of a man The Earl of Newcastle “Tristan Knightley”
There is a brief summer of the story.
I enjoyed read Lady Seductress Ball. It was very hard to put down. It left much to be desired and so many surprises. Such a sexy and scandals story. Very hot and steam
Ryan

Olivia Covington was married to the old Earl of March. Because of his advanced age they never consummated their marriage. The rakish Earl of Newcastle, Tristan Knightly can not get Olivia out of his mind. He knows that if he could have her just once, the obsession will be over and he can move on. At Tristan’s invitation Olivia decides to be daring for once in her life and attend Lady Seductress’s Ball. A night of pleasure is sure to be had by all, characters and readers alike.
Shan
Very Sexy!! This book was awesome. I love historical romance and to have it mixed with my erotic is an added bonus. Sometimes authors just that make the two seem believeable, but Eliza Knight did an outstanding job. I will be looking for other work by this author. I can't wait to see what else she has to offer.
Kathy
Eliza Knight beautifully builds the romantic element of their relationship in the midst of Olivia and Tristan’s explosive and scorchingly hot sex scenes. To read my review in its entirety please visit http://www.bookreviewsandmorebykathy....
Jen
Received this one from NetGalley. I'll post my review a little closer to the release date (December 18th, 2011)

But let me tell you, this one is HOT!
I even learned a thing or two about strawberries and grapes :)
Karen Darling
She cheats on her husband and then they wait around for him to die so that they can be together, somehow I don’t see that as romance.
Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Naughty naughty deliciously erotic novella. It's end with happy ending!
Maxie
Enjoy time travel to sizzling times in the 1800's. Easy and enjoyable read.
Cynthia (aka Artemis)
With thanks to Eliza Knight and History Undressed!
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Eliza Knight is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of sizzling historical romance and erotic romance. Writing as E. Knight, she pens riveting tales of Tudor fiction. Eliza grew up playing in castle ruins and traipsing the halls of Versailles when visiting her grandparents during the summer, which instilled a love of history at an early age. While not reading, writing or researching f ...more
More about Eliza Knight...
The Highlander's Reward (Stolen Bride, #1) The Highlander's Conquest (Stolen Bride, #2) The Highlander's Lady (Stolen Bride, #3) The Highlander's Warrior Bride (Stolen Bride, #4) Behind The Plaid (Highland Bound Trilogy, #1)