Start by marking “Follow the Star” as Want to Read:

Follow the Star (Young Underground #7)

Book 7 of The Young Underground. A mysterious caller says that Henrik's mother and a family friend are being held on charges of spying. But when Peter, Elise, and Henrik arrive to ask for their release, the Russian soldiers deny keeping any prisoners.
Published April 1st 1997 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Follow the Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Follow the Star

Miss Amanda
gr 5-8 174pgs

December 1945 (postWWII). Denmark. Twins Elise and Peter worry when their friend Henrik's mother doesn't come back from a trip to Sweden. She had been traveling with Matthias a family friend. A mysterious phone call tells them the plane landed in Bornholm island and that the Russians, who are occupying the island, have accused them of being spies. Elise and Peter convince their uncle to take them and Henrik to the island to rescue them, but will they be too late?

This book is part of
Tarissa
Sep 14, 2014 Tarissa rated it it was amazing
Twins, Peter and Elise Anderson, along with their friend, Henrik Melchior, have embarked on a trip, across the Baltic Sea from Helsingor, Denmark to Bornholm, Sweden, in 1945. Its starts with a gift from Henrik's late father, which leads to a larger hunt for a special book with secrets inside. A plane crash later, and with Soviet soldiers chasing them down from all sides, how will these daring kids escape?

"Follow the Star" (Book 7, Young Underground) has a Christmas story playing out too, along
Rachael
Aug 27, 2016 Rachael rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. Some great action, dialogue, and a piece of little known history as the backdrop for the action of the Young Underground. My daughter liked this one as well, but it wasn't her favorite. Together we give it a 3.5. This one was much more fit for the younger part of the audience for which these were written. Really a great series for young readers. My young reader has read through the series several times.
Mazzou B
Aug 10, 2016 Mazzou B rated it really liked it
I am excited to find this Christian series set in World War II Denmark! They are for younger readers which pleases me because my younger sisters are always looking for exciting books to read. I was happy to know these books are christian, with good morals and message.

My only complaint would be that the conversations sometimes seemed like the 1990's rather than the 1940's. Don't know why- it's just a thought I had as I read the book.
Adaline Griffiths
Oct 08, 2015 Adaline Griffiths rated it it was amazing
In Follow the Star, Peter and Elise must go to a strange island with their uncle and with Henrik because Henrik's mother has gone missing. Will they be able to find Henrik's mother and her friend? Or will she be lost to them forever? I recommend this book to historical fiction lovers. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
rissabean
rissabean rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2008
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Deanna Warnock
Deanna Warnock rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Timothy Dosh
Timothy Dosh rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2013
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Lulu Zuber
Lulu Zuber rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2008
Kimberly Bega
Kimberly Bega rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2013
grey_Irons
grey_Irons rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Chloe
Chloe rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2012
ChicadelaFe
ChicadelaFe rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2007
Barbara Olaewe
Barbara Olaewe rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Toni Cross
Toni Cross rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2012
Ethan
Ethan rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2015
Martinha
Martinha rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Sarah Larson anderson
Sarah Larson anderson rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Jessica (^_^)
Jessica (^_^) rated it really liked it
May 07, 2008
Sarah Krening
Sarah Krening rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Kaylynn
Kaylynn rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Young Underground (8 books)
  • A Way Through The Sea (Young Underground #1)
  • Beyond the River (The Young Underground #2)
  • Into the Flames