Start by marking “Borrowed Wings” as Want to Read:
Borrowed Wings

Borrowed Wings

4.77 of 5 stars 4.77  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Baby Dragon wants to fly more than anything else in the world, but his head is too big, his stomach is too round and his wings are too small. Mother Dragon is more than happy to let him borrow hers. Borrowed Wings is a story about the circle of life, and how eventually, we all need help from someone else.
Paperback
Published March 25th 2012 by Punk & Sissy Publications (first published February 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Borrowed Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borrowed Wings

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Best Picture Books
74th out of 1,485 books — 1,033 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
I got the sweetest opportunity to read and review this children’s book through a “free read” on Amazon a couple of days ago… And thank you so much Author Regina Puckett for such a delightful, cute lesson for our young ones (for all really) to learn from.

This is a story of a baby dragon, the smallest in the kingdom; while gazing wistfully out over the horizon, longing to be able to soar with powerful wings… to explore the open skies, and far away places.

His Momma could sense and see his frustrati
Jeannie Walker
Baby Dragon was the smallest dragon in the kingdom. He wanted to fly like the majestic eagles. But, he could not fly. His head was too big and his wings were too small. When Mother Dragon heard his cries, she let him fly with her so he could discover the fascinating world. Baby Dragon climbed upon his loving mother's back and they went soaring through the air.
When Baby Dragon grew up he was called Mighty Dragon, because his wings were powerful and massive.
Find out what happens next in this wonde
Shirley
This was the sweetest children's book that I have read. With nice illustrations and simple, clear writing, it sure was a delight to read. I am sure that it would be prized possession for young ones and their parents.

(I received this book as part of a giveaway in exchange for a review)
Barbara
I really enjoyed reading this sweet story. It delivered a wonderful
message about helping out each other. I have purchase this book several times to give as birthday gifts or someone who is having a baby
shower, etc. Excellent read for all ages!
Ben Ditmars
It's no secret I have high expectations for children's books. I think they should challenge the young and old alike to interpret and feel a broad range of emotions. Borrowed Wings by Regina Puckett hits this on every level. The cover is brilliant, grabbing your attention, and the story is no less fantastic. The artwork and story are supremely touching. I'm 27 years-old and the tale of a mother and son dragon brought tears to my manly eyes. But I'm also a teacher and see great value in the lesson ...more
Melanie Adkins
Even though he's the smallest dragon in the kingdom, he's determined to fly today! Trying to fly isn't too easy with small wings though. Mother dragon is here to help! Mother dragon and the smallest dragon of the kingdom sure have fun together. Will the smallest dragon of the kingdom learn to fly?

This book is perfect for teaching the lesson of persistence. Children can get discouraged so easily, but the smallest dragon teaches them it's okay to keep trying until you learn how to do something.
Julia
This is a wonderful picture book! The message of the bond between the kids and the parents is timeless and ageless. Parents need help as they get older and as their kids "grow their own wings." A beautiful story and fantastic illustrations that complement the text, not repeat it, like many picture books do.

I loved the metaphor of borrowed wings -- when yours are too frail because you're too young or too old, you need to rely on the other person in your relationship. What a wonderful reminder for
Onisha Ellis
Borrowed Wings is delightful in it's use of words and imagery. The story is sweet and simple yet delivers a strong message of love and family interdependence. My grandson would have loved it.
Lae Monier
A baby dragon has trouble getting started on his wings. His mother offers hers to start him off.

A kiddies book, but well written with an interesting moral and good characters.

Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Fjóla
Fjóla added it
Mar 20, 2015
Virgilio
Virgilio marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Lily
Lily added it
Jan 14, 2015
Pamela Michno
Pamela Michno marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Varad Nair
Varad Nair marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
♥Juvia♥
♥Juvia♥ marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Muttix Onlymuttix
Muttix Onlymuttix marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Lipeng Li
Lipeng Li marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Denette Kranz
Denette Kranz marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Phillip Murray
Phillip Murray marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Guojie Ma
Guojie Ma marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Robert Zimmermann
Robert Zimmermann marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Gladys Lawson
Gladys Lawson marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Jaehne Farris
Jaehne Farris marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Cynthia Davis
Cynthia Davis marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Noah Edwards
Noah Edwards marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Regina lives in Tennessee. She has been a writer for as long as she can remember. The only way she knows to shut the voices up is to tell their stories and to let them live among the pages of her books.

She loves writing in many different genres because life is too short to be stuck in a rut.
More about Regina Puckett...
Mine The Beauty in the Beast Crying Through Plastic Eyes Regina Puckett's Short Tales of Horror Sleeping through the Beauty