Start by marking “Borrowed Wings” as Want to Read:
Borrowed Wings

Borrowed Wings

Baby Dragon wants to fly more than anything else in the world, but his head is too big, his stomach is too round and his wings are too small. Mother Dragon is more than happy to let him borrow hers. Borrowed Wings is a story about the circle of life, and how eventually, we all need help from someone else.
Paperback
Published March 25th 2012 by Punk & Sissy Publications

To ask other readers questions about Borrowed Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borrowed Wings

Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
I got the sweetest opportunity to read and review this children’s book through a “free read” on Amazon a couple of days ago… And thank you so much Author Regina Puckett for such a delightful, cute lesson for our young ones (for all really) to learn from.

This is a story of a baby dragon, the smallest in the kingdom; while gazing wistfully out over the horizon, longing to be able to soar with powerful wings… to explore the open skies, and far away places.

His Momma could sense and see his frustrati
Jeannie Walker
Mar 28, 2012 Jeannie Walker rated it it was amazing
Baby Dragon was the smallest dragon in the kingdom. He wanted to fly like the majestic eagles. But, he could not fly. His head was too big and his wings were too small. When Mother Dragon heard his cries, she let him fly with her so he could discover the fascinating world. Baby Dragon climbed upon his loving mother's back and they went soaring through the air.
When Baby Dragon grew up he was called Mighty Dragon, because his wings were powerful and massive.
Find out what happens next in this wonde
Judith Chambers
Dec 28, 2016 Judith Chambers rated it it was amazing
The Five Star rating isn't mine, its my young daughter's, she loved the story so much she immediately wanted me to read it again, which I promptly did, and again...and again (oh, dear). She loved the paintings of Mighty Dragon and his mother, she laughed when Baby Dragon took his first tumble, her eyes grew round at the thought of chasing stampeding zebras, and the ending brought a huge smile to her face, so thank you, Regina Puckett, you are now one of my daughter's favorite authors, and mine t ...more
Barbara
Jan 22, 2013 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this sweet story. It delivered a wonderful
message about helping out each other. I have purchase this book several times to give as birthday gifts or someone who is having a baby
shower, etc. Excellent read for all ages!
Shirley
Sep 03, 2012 Shirley rated it it was amazing
This was the sweetest children's book that I have read. With nice illustrations and simple, clear writing, it sure was a delight to read. I am sure that it would be prized possession for young ones and their parents.

(I received this book as part of a giveaway in exchange for a review)
Melanie Adkins
Jul 17, 2012 Melanie Adkins rated it it was amazing
Even though he's the smallest dragon in the kingdom, he's determined to fly today! Trying to fly isn't too easy with small wings though. Mother dragon is here to help! Mother dragon and the smallest dragon of the kingdom sure have fun together. Will the smallest dragon of the kingdom learn to fly?

This book is perfect for teaching the lesson of persistence. Children can get discouraged so easily, but the smallest dragon teaches them it's okay to keep trying until you learn how to do something.
Ben Ditmars
Mar 21, 2015 Ben Ditmars rated it it was amazing
It's no secret I have high expectations for children's books. I think they should challenge the young and old alike to interpret and feel a broad range of emotions. Borrowed Wings by Regina Puckett hits this on every level. The cover is brilliant, grabbing your attention, and the story is no less fantastic. The artwork and story are supremely touching. I'm 27 years-old and the tale of a mother and son dragon brought tears to my manly eyes. But I'm also a teacher and see great value in the lesson ...more
Julia
Aug 09, 2014 Julia rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful picture book! The message of the bond between the kids and the parents is timeless and ageless. Parents need help as they get older and as their kids "grow their own wings." A beautiful story and fantastic illustrations that complement the text, not repeat it, like many picture books do.

I loved the metaphor of borrowed wings -- when yours are too frail because you're too young or too old, you need to rely on the other person in your relationship. What a wonderful reminder for
Lynn Hallbrooks
Jul 25, 2012 Lynn Hallbrooks rated it it was amazing
This is a Children's fantasy book.

The story is about a mother and son dragon.

I love the underlying message which the children who read it may not get but the adult that reads it to them should. It is a wonderful job by Ms. Puckett.

Onisha Ellis
Apr 28, 2012 Onisha Ellis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-author
Borrowed Wings is delightful in it's use of words and imagery. The story is sweet and simple yet delivers a strong message of love and family interdependence. My grandson would have loved it.
Lae Monier
May 02, 2012 Lae Monier rated it really liked it
A baby dragon has trouble getting started on his wings. His mother offers hers to start him off.

A kiddies book, but well written with an interesting moral and good characters.

Deliaria Davis
Feb 22, 2017 Deliaria Davis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

Cute little story. A few editing errors, nothing to big though, or to make the book lose its enjoyability. Very heartfelt.
Julie Powell
Nov 28, 2016 Julie Powell rated it really liked it
A sweet bedtime story for young children with a lesson to learn and delightful graphics.

I am sure children would be delighted and it would encourage reading.
Vonda Norwood
Vonda Norwood rated it it was amazing
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2012
Stephen Jennison-smith
Stephen Jennison-smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2012
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2013
M.G. Wells
M.G. Wells rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2017
Charity Parkerson
Charity Parkerson rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Gerald Puckett
Gerald Puckett rated it it was amazing
Haley Dircks
Haley Dircks rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Regina Puckett
Mar 27, 2012 Regina Puckett rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Andrea
Andrea rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2012
Pickapairbooks
Pickapairbooks rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2012
Connie Phillips
Connie Phillips rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Doreen
Doreen rated it liked it
May 10, 2017
Charity Parkerson
Charity Parkerson rated it it was amazing
Georgiana Romanovna
Georgiana Romanovna rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2017
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2012
Onisha Ellis
Onisha Ellis rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2012
Regina Puckett is a 2014 Readers' Favorite Award winning author for her sweet romance, Concealed in My Heart. Her steampunk book, I Will Breathe, and her children's picture book, Borrowed Wings, both received the Children's Literary Classic Seal of Approval. "I Will Breathe" was selected as a Science Fiction Finalist in the 2015 IAN Book of the Year Awards. I Will Breathe won a silver in the 2017 ...more
More about Regina Puckett...