Start by marking “The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)

The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #7)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  24,224 ratings  ·  1,769 reviews

Love is in the air - but what does that mean for Greg Heffley?

A Valentine's Day dance at Greg's middle school has turned his world upside down. As Greg scrambles to find a date, he's worried he'll be left out in the cold on the big night. His best friend, Rowley, doesn't have any prospects either, but that's a small consolation.

An unexpected twist gives Greg a partner for

Published November 13th 2012 by Amulet Books (first published 2012)

Cabin Fever by Jeff KinneyThe Ugly Truth by Jeff KinneyThe Last Straw by Jeff KinneyDog Days by Jeff KinneyRodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney
list of awsomeness
7th out of 248 books — 357 voters
The Third Wheel by Jeff KinneyDays of Blood & Starlight by Laini TaylorThe Symbolon by Delia J. ColvinThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiReached by Ally Condie
Best books of November, 2012
1st out of 82 books — 217 voters

More lists with this book...

Raeleen Lemay
No way! This comes out on my birthday!

May 17 Update: Ahhh joke's on me. It's the day AFTER my birthday now.

August 3 Update: AHAHAHA publication on this book is trollin' me, it's being released on my birthday again. NOVEMBER 13, YEAAAH.

It was okay... Definitely not as funny as the first ones.
Adam N
Ashley
I'm so exited for the book!

[image error]

Update: Finished reading! It lasted me two days. Thank you Ryan for checking it out from the libary for me!!! (Little brother)
Kenny Hernandez
This book was GREAT!!! It talk about Greg's life in the start then when you start reading more to it it goes from gregs life to his dance. But you should see what happens to him in the end. I could go on because this is the BEST diary of a wimpy kid book. I Kenny Hernandez could relate to Gregs life. Knowing from Greg that stuff goes great to bad is just like me because I may be in first then come in last. But my point is that this book is THE BEST!!! give this book a 10!!!!!
Olivia L.
I am currently reading a book called The Third Wheel by Jeff Kiney. So far my favorite character is Manny, a.k.a 3 year old devil. I like Manny because he is so clever and I have never experienced a little brother. He gets Greg in trouble a lot and I feel bad for him. He does things that I would have never thought a 3 year old could do. If I could change one thing about Manny, I would change his social life skills, because he should have real friends, so that he doesn't bully Greg so much, that...more
Kayla Ashley
My brother and I are a big fan of the Wimpy Kid series. The books are usually hilarious! This one was probably my least favourite so far though. Just not as funny as the other ones in the series. Still enjoyable, but it felt like something was really lacking in this one...
Amelia Amel
Jul 27, 2012 Amelia Amel marked it as interested
I even haven't read the Cabin Fever yet this one release date is out already? Oh geeez.
Lego Robot Ninja
Apr 15, 2013 Lego Robot Ninja rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: My friend Aiden.
Mum: How many stars?

LRN: Four and a half.

Mum: You pretty much love Greg Heffley with all your heart; why the missing half-star?

LRN: The thing is, it's about love, and that makes me aggghhhh. Any story that involves love makes me kind of crazy.

Mum: Oh, so does Greg get some smooches?

LRN: Not exactly, but his friend does.

Mum: Which one? The skinny one?

LRN: No, I mean Rowley.

Mum: Anything else about this story?

LRN: The thing is, he gets a date, but really Rowley gets it.

Mum: Oh, so like a middl...more
Dylan S
1/10/13
I just finished reading Diary of a Wimpy kid: The Third Wheel by Jeff Kinney. This book is hilarious and romantic all at the same time. It starts out In an ordinary life in middle school and then to really gets to the point. Greg (the main character) has been trying to work up the nerve to ask out his biggest crush Holly Hills to the dance, but Greg's WAY to nervous to ask her out and the only problem is........ well, If you want to know what happens after that I can't tell you so I guess...more
Melanie
We got forced to read Diary of a Wimpy Kid as a transition text for year 7. Not the best way to get introduced into this series but yeah, okay, it wasn't that bad. The teachers said that it would be great if we could finish it during summer holidays so when we began school we would feel more confident and know what it's like. Erm..NO, DO NOT READ THIS AS A TRANSITION TEXT. Who has a cheese touch in high school? Geez.. Anyway this is a review on The Third Wheel not the first book.

I was horrifical...more
Prashant
I won't lie about the fact that I was very excited to read this book. It's mostly because

- the first 5 books' box set lived right on my desk close to bed till I finished them all
- I ordered and read the 6th book as soon as I finished the set

So how is this latest installment?

As with almost all the series (consider Potter as an exception)this is not as good and fun as the initial ones. Gregory is still faltering at different levels and his filial love is still on tenterhooks. But again the exper...more
07Marcus Bishop

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury: I intend to prove that the book “Diary of a Wimpy Kid the Third Wheel,” by Jeff Kinney is a very good book at telling many different sub-plots besides the main one. However, there were areas in this book that were not quite as good at giving an ending or a reasonable ending to all of the sub-plots. Narrated by a first-person narrator, Greg Hefley is a Junior High School student who is having some trouble with love. The main issue in this book is the Valentine’s...more
Marie
This one was actually pretty funny. It was fun to see Greg grow up, but still have the same hilarious adventures with Rowley and the gang from Greg's middle school. I would give it four stars because it was really funny and an easy read. I mean as far as comic books go. I can't say it's a very good book but in it's own field, this one was another prize winner by Jeff Kinney.

P.S. Got this SUPER CHEAP at Target.
Megan
I have read all the Wimpy Kid books so far, and I canNOT wait for this one to come out! I am PSYCHED!!!!! Jeff Kinney, you rule!
Madi
Sep 07, 2012 Madi marked it as to-read
I LOVED the other books. this is the newest one and I'm seriously dying to read it ;)
Jon
So addicting.
Nana S.
I just read The Third Wheel by Jeff Kinney. It is the seventh book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. In the book, there is a Valentine's Day Dance at Greg Heffley's school. The problem is that he cant find anyone to go with him. The whole time as he rushes to find someone to go to the dance with him he's worried he'll be left out on the big night. When I first read this book I was disappointed because it wasn't as funny or good as the the other book in the series. Also sometimes the author goe...more
Vismay
I just hacked a book in 2 hours at Crossword. And, this was my first Wimpy Kid book, and boy, I loved it!! And do I feel guilty reading a kid's book? Not at all. After all the way I behave, people around me start thinking whether I am a overgrown kid or a loony toon straight from the nut house.
That's not to say, all those grown-ups who take guilty pleasure in reading Wimpy Kid books are as mad as me. And I really now know, why kids rave about this particular wimpy kid, Greg Heffley. This book in...more
Dustin Meyer
This comical love-story-gone-wrong is an interesting new event in Greg's life. When the school dance arrives, Greg is terrified to be left without a date to the dance. Frantically, he desperately attempts to find someone. But gets a surprise in return. Will going to the dance with a group make HIM a third wheel? What will happen at the dance? Well, why don't you find out and read the story!
Kazuo
This book was amazing. Some parts of this interesting book were so funny I laughed out loud. Anyone would rate this book 5 stars!
As a school librarian, I love the Diary of a Wimpy kid series. They are funny, and the kids want to read them over and over, which is awesome. I was eager to read the newest edition, especially since I knew it would be about a school dance. I know Greg is in middle school, but fans of the books are as young as first grade. I wanted to see how the topic was handled, but I should have known the dance would be more about Greg's mishaps than romance.

Although it's not the best book in the series, I...more
Barbara
Although the author covers some familiar territory here, he also introduces several new elements to the story that will add to its appeal. (Yes, I know! That seems inconceivable. How could this series get any more popular than it already is?)I liked the description of Greg blissfully "swimming around in the dark, doing backflips and taking naps whenever I wanted" (p. 1) before he was born. It seems as though he's always trying to find that gentle and safe existence once again. The focus of this...more
Jimmy R.
This book was great in my opinion. I couldn’t stop laughing!! It was page after page of someone doing something stupid, or anything that is funny in general. I have a couple of pros and cons about the book. (more pros than cons). The pros are: I couldn’t stop laughing, Greg could never do anything right to impress a girl and I couldn’t put the book down. The cons are: There was no specific setting/ climate and there weren’t a whole lot of different characters to affect the story-line.

I couldn’...more
Booknut
Valentine's Day. The one day of the year when your state of perpetual loneliness is made public knowledge.

And, of course, Greg's includes the fear-inducing Valentine's Day Dance - a chance to sweat over who to ask to it, how to ask them and then how to make it through the night without fainting, puking or worse, stepping on your date's toes and ending all thoughts of romance right there.

But lucky for Greg, he and his best friend Rowley are in the same boat...or are they?

Greg scores a date to th...more
PATRICK
In this book, the protagonist develops an urge to find a date for the middle school's Valentine's Day Dance but with his family drama and his social status, searching for the right one may be difficult as he thought it is.
Funny, smart and just adorable, Jeff Kinney develops another perfect book while fans hope that Greg Heffley will not grow up--or at least not that fast so fans could still have a childhood in their adulthood.
And just like every other book in this series, fans is just obsessed o...more
Giselle U.
This book is about Greg Heffley and his friend Rowley. They are gonna have a Valentine's Dance at their middle school. Greg is saying that he has to have a date for the dance, but he doesn't want to leave his friend all alone. While they are trying to get a date Greg tries to makeover his look for the girls. Will Greg and Rowley ever find a date for the dance? To find out, read “Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Third Wheel”.

I like this book because this book was funny. I like how Greg is grossed out in...more
Isaac
this book was about a valentine dance. Greg wanted to find a date and asked Rowley to help.

It was a funny book and I give it 5 stars.

Michael
May 31, 2014 Michael rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kids of all ages
Recommended to Michael by: Allison Richards
I laughed and laughed. Read it over the course of about an hour, and afterwards still wanted more!
Mehvish Munshi
Greg Heffley's life turns upside down when he has to find a partner (girlfriend) for the Valentine's Day dance at school ...
Jeff Kinney portrays a life of an eighth grader , and his struggles through middle school.
It also feels like the author has depicted the protagonists character as his own struggles during his time in middle school .
Humorous at times but boring at some parts this book is not meant for people who are aged seven as its mentioned in the book.
On the whole its a one time read...more
Rawan L
I really like the series of diary of the wimpy kid. Those books really intrest me with their great pictures. The plot of the story was good. I really enjoyed reading this magnificent book. This book is about this kid (Greg Heffly) who wants to find someone to go with to the valentines dance. His adventures with his best friend would intrest you that you can't take your eyes off of the black interesting text. You get excited every time you turn the page. Here is a short summary of the book- Greg...more
Live Video Chat with Jeff Kinney 694 337 Dec 14, 2013 12:13PM
Greg: The poor kid or the bad kid? 4 21 Nov 18, 2013 12:33AM
Read Volumes 1 -7 on the Diary of a Wimpy Kid App Today! 5 30 Nov 17, 2013 05:51AM
  • Big Nate Goes for Broke
  • Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers (Captain Underpants, #9)
  • The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee  (Origami Yoda #3)
  • School. Hasn't This Gone on Long Enough? (Dear Dumb Diary, Year 2 #1)
  • Skating Sensation (Dork Diaries, #4)
  • Middle School: Get Me Out of Here!  (Middle School, #2)
  • Bad Kitty for President
  • The Power of the Parasite (Squish, #3)
Jeff Kinney is an author of children's books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series. Jeff was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971 where he created a comic strip called "Igdoof."He also created the children's website 'Poptropica'.
More about Jeff Kinney...
Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1) Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2) The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3) Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4) The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)

“He got the crib, so for the first few months of my life I had to sleep in the top dresser drawer, which I'm pretty sure isn't even legal.” 10 likes
“I don't know what a guy needs to do to impress a girl these days.” 7 likes