Start by marking “Bare It All (Love Undercover, #2; Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #5)” as Want to Read:
Bare It All (Love Undercover, #2; Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #5)

Bare It All (Love Undercover #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  4,778 ratings  ·  407 reviews
A cop's craving to know more about the woman next door could prove fatal in the steamy new novel from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster.

Mass Market Paperback, 480 pages
Published April 30th 2013 by HQN (first published April 19th 2013)

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
220th out of 2,466 books — 12,472 voters
Back-Up by A.M. MaddenLife's A Cappella by Yessi SmithFighting For You by Sydney LandonRise of the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloNight Owl by M. Pierce
Platypire Reviews Top Books of December 2013
64th out of 376 books — 656 voters

More lists with this book...

Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Reese

I've been a huge fan of Lori Foster for a long time, so it really pains me to do this, but this book just did not work for me.

First let me start with the things I liked:

Reese:
I knew I was going to love his character when I first read about him in Run the Risk, and I was so happy that I turned out to be right. Lori Foster definitely knows how to write a sexy alpha hero, and Reese was no exception. I mean, he's Reese "Bare It All" Bareden for a damn good reason. He's protective, possessive,
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict
5 Smexy Stars!!

After reading Run the Risk my expectations were very high and Lori Foster did not disappoint!! I loved Reece, he's right up there with my LF faves Joe Winston Say No To Joe?, Clint Evans Just a Hint - Clint, Noah Harper Too Much Temptation, and Simon "Sublime" Evans Simon Says.

Reece is absolutely smokin' hot alpha and a really good guy, he's understanding, patient, possessive, and protective as all my favorite LF hero's are. Alice Appleton is a fantastic heroine and I absolutely
Anna's Herding Cats!
Oh I seriously cannot wait for this. April is way too far away. I was so intrigued by Alice in Run the Risk and am really looking forward to her story. Love the connection to Trace of Fever!
Elizabeth (Liz)
Alice Appleton took down a brutal human trafficker and now lives in fear of retaliation. She keeps her past from everyone, but that becomes particularly difficult when her next door neighbor, Detective Reese Bareden takes a personal interest in her and her past. Alice and Reese have chemistry to spare. The difficult part will be finding time to explore it while involved in a deadly game of intrigue...or, maybe not.

Reading a new Lori Foster book can give me such a sense of comfort and the feeling
Jonetta
The set up
This story picks up the next day after the end of the previous book where Alice Appleton, Reese Bareden’s mousy next door neighbor, saved his life, along with his partner Logan Risk and his boss, Lieutenant Margaret Peterson. Reese’s apartment is now a crime scene and he has no choice (yeah, right) but to sack out on Alice’s couch. As strange as Alice behaves, Reese is drawn to her physically and emotionally, even though it is obvious that she is hiding from something or someone.

What
Kimba
One of my favorite genres is romantic suspense and Lori Foster’s new series Love Undercover delivers all the elements I love; suspense, swoon-worthy heroes, humor and enough heat to leave me sizzling. We first met the characters from Bare It All in book one Run the Risk, and while they each can be read as a standalone I recommend reading them in order to fully appreciate all of the characters and an overall arc thread.

The tale picks up the morning after Run the Risk ends and we find Detective Re
-C-
I enjoyed this story. I really liked the characters in this book. It had all the elements that I am looking for in a book, suspense, humor, action and romance!

"You've seen my chest before, honey"
She nodded and whispered, "You take my breath away."
"Is that so?"
"Yes." Alice drifted her attention over to him. "It's the same as you seeing me without a shirt."

Mei
I must say that I loved Lori Foster's Edge of Honor series and I love this series too since it's similar. :D

I just knew that Alice will get Reese since the first time he met her! It was inevitable as the tide! :D

I loved Alice! LOVE her!!!
She's the perfect mix between ingenuity and perfectly trained specia-ops agent! She's not a ninja or a martial art expert, but she's so observant and insightful! I loved the mix!
Sometimes she doesn't get a clue, but sometimes she just surprise everybody with s
Guilty Pleasures
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

Once again I’m blown away by another Lori Foster story, this is the second book in her newest series, Love Undercover, but she has a crossover from her last series, Men Who Walk The Edge of Honor. Our heroine, Alice, appears and plays a very important role in Trace of Fever but, we also get to “see” Trace again and when you add him to the already hunky cast of the Love Undercover series….let’s just say the hotness factor goes up even
Rhonda Howard
Lori Foster is again hanging up there as one of my all time favorites with Bare It All. Finally, Reese and Alice’s story! Seems as if I have been waiting forever, but it was worth the wait. Alice is hiding a secret, but Reese is not only willing to wait for the secret, but he is willing to wait for Alice to give him her heart. She already gave it to his dog Cash, but for Alice, that was much easier. You see, Alice worked for a monster and she is set on paying a penance for her sins…..a penance t ...more
Helyce
First reviewed here: http://smexybooks.com/2013/05/review-...

Favorite quote: “I’ll fill you up, Alice. And I swear you’ll enjoy it.”

I loved this book! I wasn’t supposed to have read it because it took me out of the order I was reading in, in an effort to stay on top of my review books; but once I started it, I could not put it down. It’s usually like that when I read a Lori Foster book and I just had to continue because I would never have been able to concentrate on anything else!

We met Detectiv
Pamela(AllHoney)
Bare It All is the second book in Lori Foster's Love Undercover series. The main characters were all introduced in the first book Run The Risk and this story starts where the first book ended. If you read the first book then you know that Reese Bareden has the hots for his neighbor, Alice Appleton. Without giving spoilers, a situation occurs that brings Reese to Alice's apartment, along with his dog, Cash, who we also met. This breaks the ice, so to speak, and opens the door for Reese to get to ...more
Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel)
It took me a bit to get into this narrator, but once I was immersed in the story it was amazing. I love the story itself from the get-go. Foster somehow made this novel simultaneously cute & sexy, racy & suspenseful.

Foster brings another heartbreakingly brilliant alpha male to the forefront with this tale. t was almost comical at times watching him fight against his desires. I appreciate how multifaceted each character in this novel is, be they main characters or supporting cast. No one
Katie(babs)
Apr 01, 2013 Katie(babs) added it
Shelves: dnf-award
What has happened to Lori Foster? I used to glom her books like crazy but with this one I got to page 200 and had to DNF because it was like someone else had written it. The writing is robotic and the dialogue is very stilted, specifically from the heroine who makes no sense to me. By page 200 nothing much was going on and it lacks any substance for me to continue reading.

Such a disappointment and I couldn't stick with it to even get to the first love scene.
Wminbc
My review is finally up!!!

Check it out!

Trish
ARC provided by NetGalley

Review posted on my blogsite: CS Maxwell~ Where's My Muse?

Lori Foster is one of those authors that is an auto-buy for me. I know when I pick up her book, I'm getting a great read. Her characters always sizzle on the pages. Foster is a pro at amping up the sexual chemistry and taking two characters to the extreme. Her plot pacing is spot on and her heroes are totally addictive.

Bare It All provides everything that I come to expect with Lo
Krissy P (Kris)
I really enjoyed this book. It's a steamy and sexy romantic suspense novel with a smoking hot, jealous and possessive alpha hero. This engaging novel kept me enthralled until the end. I was hooked from the very beginning. Even though this story is part of a series, it can be read as a stand alone. However, I do think knowing more of the background story would have made this book even better. After reading Bare It All, I am hooked on the characters and will continue to read the series.

Sexy Police
Jess
Bare it All is the second book in the Love Undercover series and it's also labeled as the fifth book in The Men that Walk the Edge of Honor series (mostly I think because a character from that series shows up in this one SQUEAL!).

Reese and Alice are the featured characters in this series. The book picks up right where the previous book ended more or less and Reese and Alice are still trying to get settled after the blood soaked fight with the bad guys in their apartment complex. Reese is debatin
Darcy
This one was so much better than the first one in the series. I like Alice, especially when I realized that she was the Alice from Trace of Fever. I loved how Alice and Reese interacted, the instant attraction was great. I loved how Alice was, innocent and world weary. All the guys knew she was hiding things, but weren't sure what it was. I think they were shocked when they found out, none of them expected it to be that bad.

I found Alice's open way of communicating to be refreshing, although it
Thomaidha Papa
Alice in her attempt to keep everyone at bay and every threat people may pose unconsciously draws Detective Reese Bareden’s attention. Resse is used to women throwing themselves to him; he’s used to their admiration so it doesn’t surprise him that Alice’s eyes practically devour his body every time they meet. What surprises him though is the fact that beside looking Alice makes no attempt to seduce him, and that in itself is more seductive he ever thought possible. Add to that her personality, q ...more
Jackie

BOOK SYNOPSIS

"A cop's craving to know more about the woman next door could prove fatal in the steamy new novel from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster"

As the person responsible for taking down a brutal human trafficker, Alice Appleton fears retaliation at every turn. No one knows about her past, which is exactly how she prefers it...until the sexy cop next door comes knocking.

Detective Reese Bareden thinks he knows what makes women tick, but his ever-elusive neighbor keeps him gue
Alisia
Beyond Reading

Even though the year is still fresh, I've already read my fair share of books and, I can guarantee, Bare it All stands out in any pile – it is far and away one of the most interesting books I've come across thus far (2013). With well-formed characters and a plot that had me so enraptured, I spent WAY more time reading than I should have.

Alice was what I expected but not, either. She was a sweet and tender (expected) but she was also brave and had a full-steel backbone (semi-unexpe
Cris
Para começar, já achei esse livro muito melhor que o primeiro da série, “Correndo Risco”, a historia começa exatamente sequencia do anterior, depois da festa no apê do Reese, então se você não leu o primeiro nem pegue esse, porque você não vai entender nadinha!
A ação se desenrola de forma ininterrupta, com o Reese e a Alice se metendo em tudo. Ela, principalmente, adora enfiar os pés pelas mãos e dar uma de Delegata Helô, e sair por aí desbaratando organizações criminosas e salvando mulheres das
Debra
I will start off by saying I love Lori Foster's books. I have for years. Bare It All is no exception. It is the 2nd book in her Love Undercover series and I enjoyed it even more than the first book in this series. Other have summarized the plot just fine so I will not re-state it.

The main characters, Reese and Alice, are great. Alice is a character we met in her prior series, Men Who Walk The Edge of Honor. If you have not read this series, grab them immediately and jump in. They are great. Ali
Kari
Bare it All is the second in the Love Undercover series by Ms. Foster. If you are a fan of hers, you know she writes great alpha males and strong females. This book doesn't disappoint. Reese and Alice live in the same building. From the first time he saw her, Alice has intrigued him. This book pretty much picks up the morning after the events of the previous book, Run the Risk.

Alice has been through a major ordeal and made it so that she doesn't have to interact with anyone.. Through Reese, she
Lisa Hutson
Having reread Run the Risk and immediately behind it went straight into Bare It All, I really expected to love it. Hmmm...yeah, not really. I don't even know just how to say it. I really liked Alice. But she turned out to be more than a little needy, insecure in herself. And Reese turned out to be a bit of a bully. Using her feelings for him to make her do what he wanted. Dictating her every move. Really, I did not like this one at all. I am still looking forward to Rowdy. Though I am kind of af ...more
Hbeebti
4.5 Loved it! And there was a Trace cameo!
K
Измъчих се с тази книга...
Alyssa
Find this review and more at Hesperia Loves Books

Without question, Lori Foster is one of my favorite go to authors writing today. With each & every book, I know that I’ll be given a fabulous story that is driven by multi-faceted, sexy, realistic and charismatic characters involved in a super hot romance and edge-of-your-seat suspense. Bare It All is no exception and quickly made its way onto my 2013 Favorite Reads list!

After meeting Alice in Trace Of Fever, I was very intrigued by her charac
Mina De Caro (Mina's Bookshelf)
As originally posted on Mina's Bookshelf http://minadecaro.blogspot.com/2013/0...

Somebody out there is luring vulnerable women in ruse relationships. Targeted for their meek look and insecure temperament, these young women have fallen victims of a human smuggling ring and, after being abused and branded with encrypted tattoos, they are used as drug-mules. Alice Appleton, young 'virtual administrative assistant', is in the thick of it. Victim of a human trafficker herself, kidnapped and held in c
  • Forged in Steele (KGI, #7)
  • Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc., #4)
  • Killing Time (One Eyed Jacks, #1)
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • Under Fire (Elite Force, #3)
  • Wait Until Dark (The Night Stalkers, #3)
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • Tempted into Danger (ICE: Black Ops Defenders #1)
  • Perfect Fit (Serendipity's Finest, #1)
  • The Heart of a Killer (The Killer, #1)
  • Against the Edge (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #8)
  • Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops, #2)
  • Hush (Lodestone Trilogy, #1)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Love Undercover (4 books)
  • Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1)
  • Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover, #3)
  • Dash of Peril (Love Undercover, #4)
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)

“Because Rowdy Yates was that and then some. He was also drop-dead gorgeous in a devilish, careless, edgy way. Where Reese tempered his sex appeal, Rowdy threw it out there without reserve, bludgeoning innocent bystanders with his raw magnetism.” 2 likes