Start by marking “A Stranger's Touch (Psychic Heat Book #1)” as Want to Read:
A Stranger's Touch (Psychic Heat Book #1)

A Stranger's Touch (Psychic Heat Book #1)

Single mom, MAGGIE HOLMES, is a by-the-book Calgary cop, until her seven-year-old asthmatic son, Davie, is kidnapped. Frantically grasping at any hope, she turns to STAFFORD WEBB, a psychic who retrieves information through his sense of touch.

Stafford is reluctant. Unbeknownst to Maggie, he helped with the Tommy Hutchinson kidnapping case six months earlier, but didn’t get
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 225 pages
Published February 1st 2012 by Baucis & Philemon

To ask other readers questions about A Stranger's Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stranger's Touch

Alyssa
Mar 28, 2012 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Having read Roxy's novella, A Stranger's Kiss, ahead of its release, I came into this novel knowing that it would be about child abduction, and knowing that if it was anything like her novella, I'd be biting my nails and turning the pages. Indeed, my expectations were met, and I love the introduction of Stafford Webb (who had a much smaller part in the novella).

With consummate skill, Roxy easily brings you into the story, sympathizing with both Maggie and Stafford, and with little Davie. The plo
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
Another book that I find that the cover has nothing to do with the storyline. This book is about a kidnapped little boy and the journey and hell that his mom goes through to find him. Well written and very interesting.
Hbeebti
Jul 12, 2013 Hbeebti rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
3.5 This started out pretty good. Its every parents nightmare to find out your child has been abducted. Maggie's son was taken in the front of school and there are little to no leads. Enter Stafford how has an ability to touch objects and see what that person saw. Maggie is a nonbeliever and it takes a long time for her to get with the program.

I really liked Maggie at first and her emotions were so real. I even understood her disbelief and short temper with Stafford. By half way through she was
Peggy
Nov 12, 2012 Peggy rated it it was amazing
It's every Mother's fear that someone will abduct their child and for Maggie the guilt of she being late to pick Davie up and him being abducted is twice as painful. I felt for her and I also felt for Stafford always having to try and prove himself to Maggie about his abilities. I thought Davie for a 7 year old was a very smart little boy he wanted to try and escape but was afraid what the woman would do so he thought to leave a trail of bread crumbs so to speak. wont say anymore don't want to ...more
Cc
Sep 17, 2012 Cc rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2012
A boy is kidnapped; his Mother talks a stranger into helping her find her son. The Stranger is a psychic and between his visions and her determination they follow the kidnapper and the young boy. This story is told from all four main character's POV.

I loved the characters in this story and the HFN, hopefully, HEA ending; they both deserve one.
Kim
May 28, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it
This is an emotionally-gripping, fast-paced story that had me on the edge of my seat from the first page.A Stranger's Touch is a must read, a story that will not only leave you breathless with anticipation, but remind you what truly matters most in life. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Petula
Nov 21, 2012 Petula added it
5***** This was certainly a change from most romances that I have read. A policewoman's son is kidnapped and a psychic is trying to help her find him. In the story you get her journey and the boys its a very intense book. I enjoyed it the action is all through it.
PepsiGirl
This was a really interesting story and the writing I thought was top notch. Frankly I am surprised it doesn't have better ratings. It had all the things I look for-but rarely find in one story. Stafford was a dreamy former FBI agent that is a psychic empath. When he literally runs into Maggie the first time she renders him a quivering mess. The nightmare that Maggie was going through was powerfully written and you really feel her distress over her son being missing and her strange attraction to ...more
Nicole Luiken
Aug 28, 2012 Nicole Luiken rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, thriller, ebook
The basic storyline gripped me. From the first chapter on I needed to keep reading to find out what happened to Davie, the abducted child. Having recently spent time in High Level and having toured the waterfalls in NWT, I enjoyed the setting.

However, Maggie was so stressed (and rightfully so!) over the kidnapping of her son that the romance elements didn't work as well for me. I found her constant flip-flopping of belief/disbelief in Stafford's psyhometric powers a little wearing--not because i
Jenny Whetzel
Jan 03, 2016 Jenny Whetzel rated it really liked it
This book held my attention; I usually read around three books at a time and I every day I found myself reaching for this one. It is appropriately titled, however I think the cover should be different. When I look at the cover, I immediately think this is a romance book. Yes, there is romance but I felt it was only a slight portion of the story. I feel fairly positive that I will purchase more work by this author.
Army-mom
Feb 06, 2013 Army-mom rated it it was amazing
Awesome book about a female cop who's son was kidnapped and a man with some pshy. abilities helped her find him. They helped each other on the path there while falling in love with one another.
Kathy Rice
Jun 25, 2013 Kathy Rice rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read... Couldn't put it down
Michelle [Helen Geek]
May 18, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] marked it as to-read
Shelves: free, tbr-kindle
Free on Amazon 05/18/2012.
Jenna
Nov 12, 2013 Jenna rated it liked it
I picked this e-book up a few months ago when it was offered for free. The description intrigued me and was right at the beginning of my new affinity for mystery stories. Overall, I enjoyed the book.

The story is told through alternating voices: Maggie's, Stafford's, and Maggie's son, Davie's. The effect is a smooth story line where the reader can keep up with the plot twists without the author needing to employ some kind of "meanwhile" mechanism. The story begins with Maggie going to pick up her
McKenna
Jul 12, 2012 McKenna rated it liked it
Carrie Bray
Sep 01, 2013 Carrie Bray rated it it was amazing
I'm going with 5 stars I debated what rating to give but am shocked that the average isn't higher. this was a good book.
spoiler.
okay so you know this is a child abduction but the thing that shocked me was sex with the psychic. I mean I'm reading this from a mom point of veiw revolted thinking if my son was kidnapped I wouldn't be thinking about sex...... or would I a year divorced side by side in a car across country grieving mother or not I'm still a woman so yep going with 5 stars action roman
Nickole
Jul 10, 2012 Nickole marked it as to-read
Not a fan of romance novels but this was a selection on POI and as I was reading the description I saw this line:
"Look, I don't have anywhere to turn. My baby is gone. And I will do anything and everything I can to find him. I'm not a person who prays, but I've been praying every minute. I don't believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Bogeyman, but if I thought one of them could help me, I'd be tracking them down and hauling them off to the crime scene too."

It made me LOL so I figured what t
Julie Rowe
Mar 28, 2012 Julie Rowe rated it it was amazing
Calgary cop Maggie Holmes' son goes missing and the only man who can help her find him is psychic Stafford Webb, but Webb has his own demons to battle. Time is running out for Maggie's son. Will she find him before his kidnapper takes him to their final destination? Or will she lose her heart to a man haunted by the ghosts of his past? Full of rich characters, unexpected twists and outstanding story-telling, A Stranger's Touch will enthrall you!
April Hesler
Jul 18, 2014 April Hesler rated it liked it
This was okay... the story line was a great idea but the book went by slow... I did a lot of skimming through... even though it was a great plot it was kind of boring to me. I don't know if it was the way it was written or what.

What measures would you take if your son was taken? Would you put your faith in a clairvoyant who had a knack for seeing snippets of a timeline by touching an object? It's hard for a cop to let go of control, especially when she's the mother of the missing child...
Jul 03, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
This book follows the journey of a mother, Maggie, trying to find her kidnapped son. She coerces a psychic and friend of her police chief to join her on a cross-country search for her son. Along the way, their dislike for each other turns into attraction. Although the book felt a bit slow at times, it was over all an enjoyment to read.
Carissa
May 09, 2016 Carissa rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The plot of the story was very good and kept me reading because I wanted to know what happened to the little boy. I enjoyed the story from the point of view of Davie. However, I didn't much care for the mother, Maggie. I think character development was lacking in this book. Also, the romance seemed out of place considering the emotions in the rest of the book.
Sheri Salatin
I guess I missed didn't see the cover or read the cover or something before I download this book. It's a story about a mother whose child gets kidnapped. She works with a psychic to get him back. It wasn't a terrible story, but I just can't condone psychics or sex outside of marriage. The mystery was good though.
Laurie
Jun 06, 2012 Laurie rated it it was ok
Interesting plot and story line. Maggie and Stafford's characters never really developed enough for me to be invested in them. Davie was the exception. I enjoyed the way his perspective was told. Definitely had potential, but left me disappointed.
Heather
Maggie is a divorced mom and a cop. Her son is kidnapped from his school. Maggie begs a touch psychic to help her find him.
This suspense story had real potential. The son's pov was interesting. Stafford, the psychic was a tortured soul. I didn't care for Maggie at all.
Michelle Beattie
Mar 30, 2012 Michelle Beattie rated it it was amazing
An edge of your seat ride!

This review is from: A Stranger's Touch (Passionate Strangers) (Kindle Edition)

A page turner from its beginning, this is a fast-paced, well-written book that encompasses every parent's worst nightmare. Strap yourself in as Ms. Boroughs takes you on a breathless ride!
Michelle
Aug 04, 2016 Michelle rated it it was ok
Good book

You people should just read this novel yourselves and write your own review on this novel. I really enjoyed reading this novel very much so. Shelley MA
Kristin
Jul 17, 2012 Kristin rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the perspectives that the story was told from but I found some of the actions confusing and unbelievable. An interesting concept but somewhat lacking.
Rebecca
Mar 10, 2013 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: free-on-amazon
Aside from a few parts that two things that I got a little hung up on I liked this a lot. Will have to try more from this author!
Kim Hammond-beyer
Oct 11, 2015 Kim Hammond-beyer rated it liked it
Child abduction

Intense subject matter. Psychic handsome man and distraught mother who's a police officer. It's a romance book with heavy undertones due to child abduction.
Rebecca
Mar 02, 2014 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-free
The basic story and characters are good. But it had more explicit sex than I personally like, but it is what it is.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Playing With Fire (All Fired Up #1)
  • Eye of the Abductor
  • Messages (New Beginnings, #1)
  • My Everything
  • Gambling on Love (Travis Series #1)
  • Passion Patrol (Passion Patrol #1)
  • The Protector (Crossfire, #1)
  • Dark Powers (Decorah Securities #4)
  •  Angel on Fire (Angel Investigations)
  • The Undertaker
  • An Eye For Danger
  • The French Detective's Woman
  • If We Dare to Dream (Evans Family, #1)
  • Hidden Legacy
  • Dirty Little Lies (Marisela Morales/Dirty #2)
  • Dead Again
  • Her Honor's Bodyguard
  • InSight
Before turning her attention to fiction, Roxy appeared in numerous TV commercials and movies.

Look for her holiday romance/mystery series, her romantic comedy CRAZY FOR COWBOY, and her suspense titles, the award winning A STRANGER'S TOUCH, and the follow-up novella A STRANGER'S KISS.

Want a little mystery along with your holiday romances this Christmas? Then visit the Frost Family in Carol Falls, Ve
More about Roxy Boroughs...