Start by marking “Luano's Luckiest Day” as Want to Read:
Luano's Luckiest Day

Luano's Luckiest Day

When two deadly spiders mysteriously appear in young Luano's room, the boy makes a dangerous decision to believe their promise - the promise of his mother's return. Luano's Luckiest Day is set in an isolated desert town, full of colorful characters. Luano lives with his uncle in their small grocery store. He is a normal nine-year-old boy who wants nothing more than to be r ...more
Published March 23rd 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Luano's Luckiest Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luano's Luckiest Day

Byron Edgington
Aug 22, 2014 Byron Edgington rated it really liked it
Here we have a tale of a boy’s search for his mother, an uncle’s terrible secret, a love story between two mismatched but passionate people, a town’s missing church bells, honey tomatoes and...spiders. (Arachnophobes beware.)
Luano lives with Uncle Tabula. He helps in the Uncle’s shop, pines for Shelita Maria his mother and collects...spiders. Or do they collect him? Oh what a web we weave, as the saying goes, and Chaunce Stanton has woven a fine tale full of colorful people in a dusty, somewhere
Zoe Brooks
Aug 19, 2014 Zoe Brooks rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic-realism
I first encountered this book through last year's Magic Realism Bloghop and it has been sitting on my to-read shelf ever since. So my apologies to Chaunce Stanton for taking so long to review his book.

The writer says that he got the idea for this book from a dream he had, in which he saw a boy searching for his mother on a white tiger. Luano's real world does not feature a white tiger, but the world of his imagination and of his dreams does. When Luano is asked by his teacher to write about his
Lorretta
Jun 22, 2012 Lorretta rated it liked it
I received this through the GoodReads Giveaway.

This is one of the most bizarre books I've read in a while. That's not a bad thing, but it threw me for a loop that I was not expecting. I don't even know how to review this book without giving the storyline away.

Reading the blurb, I went into the story with the expectation that the story was going to head in one direction. Instead it totally went in another unbelievable direction that changed the entire flavor of the tale.

Luano is nearly ten years
Phil Simpkin
Apr 15, 2013 Phil Simpkin rated it it was amazing
Well Mr Chaunce Stanton. This is not the sort of story book that I would normally ever pick up off a shelf, anywhere. I am a bit of a stick, and I love my crime and historical fiction.

However, I actually really enjoyed it! It is a story that once you immerse yourself in, it warms you through, and engages you completely with the lives of its main characters. The heat and dust of the desert can be felt and draws you into the tension.

From about Chapter twenty it was impossible to put down. I wanted
Ann
Jun 08, 2012 Ann rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Luano's Luckiest Day" written by Chaunce Stanton. It was extremely well written. The colorful use of the English language enveloped me amongst the characters in that small desert town and afforded me an escape so often sought after in a "good read".It was creative with its usage of imaginative analogies allowing me to visualize the surroundings and sense its aroma. I highly recommend this book, and eagerly anticipate this authors next surprise.
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Chaunce Stanton
Mar 26, 2012 Chaunce Stanton added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Wednesday
Wednesday is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2012
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Shahrun
Shahrun marked it as to-read
Kazimiera pendrey
Kazimiera pendrey marked it as to-read
Brionna
Brionna marked it as to-read
Sylvie
Sylvie marked it as to-read
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Valentina
Valentina marked it as to-read
Jd Guinn
Jd Guinn marked it as to-read
May 06, 2012
Marla
Marla marked it as to-read
May 09, 2012
Jeff Lane
Jeff Lane marked it as to-read
May 10, 2012
Marie-Anne
Marie-Anne marked it as to-read
May 16, 2012
Kjerstan
Kjerstan marked it as to-read
May 19, 2012
Jenny Franklin
Jenny Franklin marked it as to-read
May 23, 2012
Rose Cimarron
Rose Cimarron marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Mad & Nat
Mad & Nat marked it as to-read
simply natasha
simply natasha marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Natalia
Natalia marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
Huston
Huston marked it as to-read
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Dianne Danielson
Dianne Danielson marked it as to-read
May 30, 2012
Chaunce Stanton is an author of novels that make space for the fantastical. He develops vivid places and engaging characters thrust into remarkable conflicts. Chaunce believes that writing is a craft but that storytelling is a universal human characteristic.

His newest novel, The Blank Slate Boarding House for Creatives, is a dark and richly layered tale of historical-magical realism.

In 1922, an e
More about Chaunce Stanton...