Luano's Luckiest Day

Luano's Luckiest Day

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
When two deadly spiders mysteriously appear in young Luano's room, the boy makes a dangerous decision to believe their promise - the promise of his mother's return. Luano's Luckiest Day is set in an isolated desert town, full of colorful characters. Luano lives with his uncle in their small grocery store. He is a normal nine-year-old boy who wants nothing more than to be r...more
Published March 23rd 2012 by CreateSpace

Lorretta
I received this through the GoodReads Giveaway.

This is one of the most bizarre books I've read in a while. That's not a bad thing, but it threw me for a loop that I was not expecting. I don't even know how to review this book without giving the storyline away.

Reading the blurb, I went into the story with the expectation that the story was going to head in one direction. Instead it totally went in another unbelievable direction that changed the entire flavor of the tale.

Luano is nearly ten years...more
Phil Simpkin
Well Mr Chaunce Stanton. This is not the sort of story book that I would normally ever pick up off a shelf, anywhere. I am a bit of a stick, and I love my crime and historical fiction.

However, I actually really enjoyed it! It is a story that once you immerse yourself in, it warms you through, and engages you completely with the lives of its main characters. The heat and dust of the desert can be felt and draws you into the tension.

From about Chapter twenty it was impossible to put down. I wanted...more
Ann
I just finished reading Luano's Luckiest Day" written by Chaunce Stanton. It was extremely well written. The colorful use of the English language enveloped me amongst the characters in that small desert town and afforded me an escape so often sought after in a "good read".It was creative with its usage of imaginative analogies allowing me to visualize the surroundings and sense its aroma. I highly recommend this book, and eagerly anticipate this authors next surprise.
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Sue Rafferty
Sue Rafferty marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013
Giovanni Russano
Giovanni Russano marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Katie Cross
Katie Cross marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
May 30, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jennifer Metz
Jennifer Metz marked it as to-read
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Grace Sanders
Grace Sanders marked it as to-read
Nancy Shaw-mooney
Nancy Shaw-mooney marked it as to-read
Kristen N.
Kristen N. marked it as to-read
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Alysa Morley
Alysa Morley marked it as to-read
Dianne Danielson
Dianne Danielson marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
Chaunce Stanton is an author of novels that make space for the fantastical. He develops vivid places and engaging characters thrust into remarkable conflicts. Chaunce believes that writing is a craft but that storytelling is a universal human characteristic.

His newest novel, The Blank Slate Boarding House for Creatives, is a dark and richly layered tale of historical-magical realism.

In 1922, an e...more
More about Chaunce Stanton...
The Blank Slate Boarding House for Creatives: A Tale of Magic, Manners, and Scandal Baby Proof: A Humorous How-To Guide for Bad Grandmothers