Start by marking “Luano's Luckiest Day” as Want to Read:
Luano's Luckiest Day

Luano's Luckiest Day

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
When two deadly spiders mysteriously appear in young Luano's room, the boy makes a dangerous decision to believe their promise - the promise of his mother's return. Luano's Luckiest Day is set in an isolated desert town, full of colorful characters. Luano lives with his uncle in their small grocery store. He is a normal nine-year-old boy who wants nothing more than to be r ...more
Published March 23rd 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Luano's Luckiest Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luano's Luckiest Day

Byron Edgington
Here we have a tale of a boy’s search for his mother, an uncle’s terrible secret, a love story between two mismatched but passionate people, a town’s missing church bells, honey tomatoes and...spiders. (Arachnophobes beware.)
Luano lives with Uncle Tabula. He helps in the Uncle’s shop, pines for Shelita Maria his mother and collects...spiders. Or do they collect him? Oh what a web we weave, as the saying goes, and Chaunce Stanton has woven a fine tale full of colorful people in a dusty, somewhere
Zoe Brooks
I first encountered this book through last year's Magic Realism Bloghop and it has been sitting on my to-read shelf ever since. So my apologies to Chaunce Stanton for taking so long to review his book.

The writer says that he got the idea for this book from a dream he had, in which he saw a boy searching for his mother on a white tiger. Luano's real world does not feature a white tiger, but the world of his imagination and of his dreams does. When Luano is asked by his teacher to write about his
Lorretta
I received this through the GoodReads Giveaway.

This is one of the most bizarre books I've read in a while. That's not a bad thing, but it threw me for a loop that I was not expecting. I don't even know how to review this book without giving the storyline away.

Reading the blurb, I went into the story with the expectation that the story was going to head in one direction. Instead it totally went in another unbelievable direction that changed the entire flavor of the tale.

Luano is nearly ten years
Phil Simpkin
Well Mr Chaunce Stanton. This is not the sort of story book that I would normally ever pick up off a shelf, anywhere. I am a bit of a stick, and I love my crime and historical fiction.

However, I actually really enjoyed it! It is a story that once you immerse yourself in, it warms you through, and engages you completely with the lives of its main characters. The heat and dust of the desert can be felt and draws you into the tension.

From about Chapter twenty it was impossible to put down. I wanted
Ann
I just finished reading Luano's Luckiest Day" written by Chaunce Stanton. It was extremely well written. The colorful use of the English language enveloped me amongst the characters in that small desert town and afforded me an escape so often sought after in a "good read".It was creative with its usage of imaginative analogies allowing me to visualize the surroundings and sense its aroma. I highly recommend this book, and eagerly anticipate this authors next surprise.
Selina
Selina marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Sue Rafferty
Sue Rafferty marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013
Giovanni Russano
Giovanni Russano marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Katie Cross
Katie Cross marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Butterflyshines
Butterflyshines marked it as to-read
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jennifer Metz
Jennifer Metz marked it as to-read
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Grace Sanders
Grace Sanders marked it as to-read
Nancy Shaw-mooney
Nancy Shaw-mooney marked it as to-read
Kristen N.
Kristen N. marked it as to-read
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
Chaunce Stanton is an author of novels that make space for the fantastical. He develops vivid places and engaging characters thrust into remarkable conflicts. Chaunce believes that writing is a craft but that storytelling is a universal human characteristic.

His newest novel, The Blank Slate Boarding House for Creatives, is a dark and richly layered tale of historical-magical realism.

In 1922, an e
More about Chaunce Stanton...
The Blank Slate Boarding House for Creatives: A Tale of Magic, Manners, and Scandal Baby Proof: A Humorous How-To Guide for Bad Grandmothers