Worlds Apart

Worlds Apart

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  363 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Love has never been so close—or seemed so far away.

I love you. Niall is in hiding, but not from the police. He’s trapped between the world he longs for and a place he can’t leave behind. Cursed to hold his tongue, unable to claim what he wants until it’s given, he’s allowed one year to capture his heart's desire. But speaking those three simple words, the most important wo...more
Published May 22nd 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Worlds Apart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worlds Apart

Hour of the Lion by Cherise SinclairHers to Command by Patricia A. KnightHale by Marie HarteZack and Ace by Marie HarteRoane by Marie Harte
Paranormal MMF Menage
17th out of 130 books — 192 voters
Beyond Eden by Kele MoonRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesLaid Bare by Lauren DaneDangerous Boys and Their Toy by Shayla BlackDouble Time by Olivia Cunning
Favourite MMF romance
141st out of 357 books — 666 voters

More lists with this book...

Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
Without doubt Barbara writes some of THE BEST M/M/F stories!!

Worlds Apart is a paranormal/fantasy about the power of love following the journey of Taylor, Niall, and Roo. It is set in a country home in modern day England with a magical portal at the bottom of the garden.

I absolutely LOVED all three characters. They had me rolling with laughter, swooning and umm other stuff ;0)

So...how did they meet...

Taylor moves back to his estate with a view to sell it, finds Niall living in the house working...more
Glass
Sep 29, 2012 Glass rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Miss Ivashkov, my dearest kinky soulmate! (No bdsm here, but you'll love "menage boys".)
Oh, my God! What did just happen?
I love when I pick up book and have no clue what it's about and fall in love with it. This one is definitely on my to read agin list!
Guilty Pleasures
Gennie's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Kazza
4.5 stars rounded up

This book has a terrible official blurb. It does not do the book, or the characters, justice. Which is an absolute shame. If you like M/M/F ménages, then just ignore it and have a read for yourself.

Having said that, this book was a good read. It has so much I like -

A ménage - M/M/F

Terrific characters who you want to see happy

Contemporary setting

Excellent paranormal aspects that took me by surprise

Humour

Sexy writing

A mystery component

It's well written and edited

World's Apart i...more
Coyora Dokusho
I laughed. A lot!

Less gratuitous sex then the other book by Ms. Elsborg that I read earlier today (ooops yesterday) and it was so funny!

I really love her characters. They're not just cardboard cutouts that roughly mark the place a character would exist and they have, you know, emotions and stuff that ACTUALLY DRIVE THE PLOT!!! XD

It would have been great if it was shorter - not from any real desire that I have, just for my own convenience, because then I would have gotten more sleep!!!

I like the...more
Iva
This was.. definitely very different then what I expected. And I liked it
Stephanie
Took me a while to get into this one, and figure out where the hell it was all leading to, when I finally did, it hit me this is all paranormal, I've never read paranormal before. Started off a lil slow, with 3 different POV that at times , I got a lil confused as to who was the MC, at that moment in time , I loved Roo, loved her, she stole the show for sure, insightful, witty, sometimes a bit of an airhead! Taylor, he's a total loaf, I didn't connect with him, he just seemed heartless, self cen...more
Gennie Gee
This is a fabulous book!!! Worlds Apart by Barbara Elsborg is a MMF story about the power of love, and it is also a paranormal/fantasy book with the focus on a parallel faery world with a portal in an English walled garden. The story starts out in modern day Leeds, England but things are not always as they appear. Ms. Elsborg weaves together the captivating main characters of Taylor, Niall, and Roo with heart and humor. While Taylor’s action at first are enigmatic, we eventually see what his pro...more
Shelly
Well, that was different. I've read enough Elsborg to know that I like her stuff and very rarely am I disappointed with her work. No difference this time. What was different about this was that it starts out very much like any other contemporary romance and gradually morphs into paranormal with faeries and yes, werewolves (but I'll get to that later - it's good). Listen folks I very rarely read about faeries, there's just something about them that creeps me out. But I gotta say that Elsborg made...more
Shelley
Yep! Another fabulous and delicious m/m/f read by Barbara.

Characters who will make you laugh out loud! Romance to melt your heart and the sex will make your toes curl!
And a little of the fantastical wonders of a faery-land.
Kellie G.
Very strange book. I enjoyed the characters and their relationship, but the paranormal aspect of this book was just too out there for me. Had to skim the last 20% just to finish it.
Anansigirl
Loved Roo and Niall. Excellently executed cross-over between worlds.

Reminded me of Sophie Oak's Faery trilogy. Hope there's more in this universe.
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
Come to My Garden

I agreed to buddy read with a friend and had no idea what to expect here. There is a slightly mysterious element wafting as Taylor who has just extricated himself from a dead end relationship agrees to prepare his parents home for market. Upon arrival at the family manse he is unnerved by Naill’s domestic activity in addition to Naill himself. As we spend more time with them their chemistry is so apparent it would have been enough to take you through the first third of the book,...more
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
Worlds Apart is a wonderful story about three people from different worlds who fall in love. It's touching and heartwrenching and filled with joy and sorrow.

Niall risked everything, and I mean everything, to win Taylor's love. If he doesn't get Taylor to love him, he'll die. Along the way Roo comes into their lives and brings Taylor and Niall together. But will they survive Niall's mother, the faery queen bitch?

I enjoyed this story and found myself running the gauntlet of emotions. Everything fr...more
Annie
I have read many menage books, and I will not go as far as to say this is the best but it is up there! The story line was so unique!

I loved all the characters. I am always a fan of a strong heroine. While I would not exactly classify Roo as "strong" she was definitely spunky with her own odd little personality. Taylor was a hard one, but he fit the dynamic of Niall and Roo well. Niall of course, who wouldn't love a man that bakes?! Lol.

A lot of the times stories with a paranormal elements in th...more
Angel Cullen
I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!!!

This was so not what I expected when I got this book!!
I read the blurb and Yeah it's intriguing BUT what I didn't expect is to FALL HEAD-OVER-HEELS IN LOVE with the characters and the book!

This book was:

Shazza
I really enjoyed this book. I knew it was a pnf but wasn't sure how it was going to pan out. This is the first para menage I've read and it won't be the last. It had a good plot, plenty of humour along with some very 'hot' scenes and it was easy to fall in love with Niall, Roo and (after a little while) Taylor. Loved the card game:))
Cleopatra12010
This is the first book I've read by Barbara Elsborg but it won't be the last. I loved the characters in this book and I couldn't put it down. The story was well done and I kept laughing out loud at the dialogue. A really enjoyable read.
Michele

A ménage - M/M/F

Excellent characters, Niall, Roo and Taylor. You want to root for them. You want them to be happy.

Contemporary setting.

Terrific paranormal aspects, that completely took me by surprise. I just love Barbara's writing.
** Kenya
I usually only read the reviews and not write one. This book deserved my feedback. I LOVED IT! I ordered this book with apprehension and thought ok lets try something new. WOW. I could not put it down.
Amanda Sheila
Again, Barbara Elsborg is the best MM/MFM author I've ever read. Ever. And she'll be my forever favorite. :)

I didn't expect this book will be a little bit supernatural kind of things. I don't dig non-human stories, only True Blood and Twilight. *yeaaah* But I'll give my exception to this one.

Niall is a faery, fall in love with human guy, Taylor and eventually caught up with Roo's lol-ing attitude. But there are problem with faeryland and the three of 'em have to solve it.

I'm not really into me...more
Heather ~ Marceline
This was an enjoyable book with quite a bit of humor mixed in with the steamy scenes and a bit of paranormal storyline. I loved Roo's character, her craziness was great. Niall's devotion to Taylor and then his realization that Roo too, meant a great deal to him, was a wonderful story. I could have done with a little less moodiness from Taylor, however, he was dealing with some life changing decisions, so you can't really blame the guy. I love paranormal romances, so I didn't mind the twist to th...more
★Ruth★
I have to say that I really enjoyed this story.
I was a little surprised when the PNR element came in as I hadn't spotted that in the blurb but once I got my head around it I really enjoyed it.

The 3 main characters were brilliant, Roo especially was hilarious I was actually laughing out loud a number of times.

I did feel that the "Love" between the female of the 3 wasn't as believable as the love between the 2 guys and I would have liked a bit more smut but the smut I did get was smoking hot!

Over...more
♥♥Deborah♥♥ Is A Brian Kinney Groupie
I really liked this one a lot.

I'm not a teaser or spoiler reader, so I was nicely surprised with the character development.

I had no idea that Niall was going to turn out to be Fae. I've been trying to avoid PN for quite sometime, so when Niall was revealed I was pretty happy.

I loved the relationship between the 2 males, although sometimes the sex was a little too graphic. I ended up skipping the descriptions that seemed too much. But all in all, as a love story, I really enjoyed it.
Maria
This one surprised me. I didn't think I'd enjoy
Lyndaa
This story wasn't what I expected, but it is a lot of fun. It made me giggle out loud several times. Roo's hapless character is a hoot, especially when she turns up to the interview at the Detective Agency dressed as a chicken! The love scenes between the three of them were hot but there was a lot of humour in there as well. This has been on my To Read list for quite a while and I'm glad I finally got round to reading it.
MK
I really like the struggle of the characters. I like Roo very much. I kinda hate Taylor from the start, but later kinda like him. Unlike the other author's books, the sex scenes and the main plot are balanced that I've not become overwhelmed with the former and be bored by the latter. The ending is quite cute, the two worlds became one.
~Lei ~  Marco's Fan ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
Roo has a very convoluted thinking process (yet it made sense) and I haven't laughed so much with a book in a while. Plus it's excellent Barbara Elsborg writing and an mmf romance. Yum. This is actually quite a long book and it started to drag near the end but I think it will be a reread.
Katherine O'Grady
I bought this one from Kobo.

I enjoyed this book. It was a mix of m/m, m/f/m menage, friends to lovers, with a large portion of faery and paranormal as well. And the story worked. I really loved the characters of Roo and Taylor. The third, Niall, grew on me over the course of the book.
  • Polished
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • Dead Moon Rising
  • Blood Knot (Blood Stone, #1)
  • Who's Your Daddy?
  • The Glass Knot
  • Enticement
  • Guilty as Sin (Phoenix Rising, #4)
  • Coming Full Circle (Friends and Lovers #2)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
  • Satyr's Myst (Satyr's Myst, #3)
  • Erica's Choice
  • How to Love (San Amaro Singles, #2)
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Love's Fortress (Brothers in Arms, #7)
  • Stoneface
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
Barbara Elsborg lives in West Yorkshire in the north of England. She always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed to everyone without them even resorting to torture, she decided it was not for her. Vulcanology scorched her feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, she spent several years successfully selling cyanide.

After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children a...more
More about Barbara Elsborg...
Strangers An Ordinary Girl With or Without Him Anna in the Middle Susie's Choice

“Stop changing the subject," Taylor snapped. "And think before you speak."
Roo pressed her lips together and then sighed. "How long do you want me to think?"
Niall let out a snort of laughter.”
17 likes
“Why didn't you call?" Taylor asked.
"I did. No one answered." Roo bent to refill her handbag.
Ah. "So how were going to get in the house?"
"I thought I'd just wait for you to come back." She started to tap her foot.
"Why didn't you go home and call a locksmith?" Taylor asked.
Roo glared. "What is this? The Spanish Inquisition?" Then she grinned. "Oh, I've waited years to say that."
Taylor bit back his laugh.”
8 likes