Start by marking “Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top” as Want to Read:
Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top

Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Two Scoops is an inspirational/humorous gift book containing 72 chapters of 650-750 words each. Amusing, encouraging, and heart-rending stories of ditzy adventures and hellish nightmares fill the pages. Laugh with the author as she prays for a wife for the lonely new minister and ends up answering her own prayer. Squirm with her as she attempts to answer, “Can preachers ha ...more
Paperback, 1st, 296 pages
Published April 10th 2012 by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas

To ask other readers questions about Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top

Gail Welborn

Writer and pastor’s wife, Jeanette Levellie pens humorous devotions with subtle biblical truth, wisdom and in some cases laugh-out-loud humor. Besides entertaining, the short quick-read narratives encourage readers to laugh at themselves and find God’s grace even in the midst of sometimes insensitive, unkind situations, people and events.

At the same time, narratives drive home a serious message, writes Dean Christensen of California State University that teach “God in his grace loves and accepts
One of the things I like about Jeanette Levellie is that she can laugh at herself. She's not perfect, and she's the first to admit it. This book is packed full of her real life adventures, the happy and silly, the grouchy, and the downright challenging moments we all can relate to. Her friendly and engaging stories illustrate the wonderful spiritual parallels that we all trip over each day. She encourages us to laugh (yes, at ourselves), learn, and to sometimes stretch out of our comfort zone.

Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles was a delightful collection of devotionals based on the author's life. Using warm and often lightly humorous anecdotes, Jeanette Levellie was able to communicate wisdom and Biblical truth in a way that sticks with the reader.

Some of the little stories from her life were more interesting and humorous than others; however, they all came together very well in this delightful book. I know there were a number of times where I felt the Holy Spirit nudge me as I absor
Carol Stratton
Ever been asked if you and your pastor husband have sex on Sunday, or wondered what a Crawzilla is? Ever have your spouse suggest you enter a pact on not over-reacting to problems? How about having to rename your favorite recipe from Chicken Breast to Chicken Chests to accommodate an embarrassed pre-teen son? Jeanette has a story for everything as she keeps us laughing and learning God's eternal wisdom. As a pastor's wife of many years she knows human foibles in and outside the church and with s ...more
Barbara Derksen
Two Scoops of Grace reveals the truth of God's Word with a tige of humor thrown in for good measure. It's an easy read, perfect for early morning bleariness, to help you focus on the Lord for the rest of your day. I found it often helped me see my day through the humorous rather than the horrendous.
I know this author personally and her writing is a pure reflection of her sparkling personality. Jeanette is funny, endearing and sweet and her writing will leave you laughing at both the book and yourself. If you haven't already you need to read this!
Heather Nestleroad
I had wondered once if preachers could have sex on Sunday, now thanks to Jeanette I know they can. This question and others are answered in this book full of fun stories and scripture that will fill you with hope and reassure your spirit.
Jennifer Shirk
This is a warm and wonderful devotional. The author filled the book with sometimes humorous, always humble true life stories and drew Biblical truths along with practical applications to share with the reader.
Sandra Orchard
I highly recommend this delightful devotional. It's full of sage advice, inspiration, and insights swirled in hilarious accounts of the author's personal experiences.
Angie Arndt
Great devotional full of light-hearted, yet deep, chapters that are easy to read. My husband and I loved this book.
Catherine Hackman
This is a fun, easy to read book.
Enjoyed it immensely!
it was a great story. made me laugh and cry. very easy to relate to
Selina marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Jamika added it
Oct 27, 2015
wittbirds marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Gayle marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Robert Teter
Robert Teter marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Ayeshah marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Karen Stephens
Karen Stephens marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Joshua marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
DalaiMommaReadingDrama marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Maggie marked it as to-read
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Paula marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Doris marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Hexe marked it as to-read
  • Designed for Devotion: A 365-Day Journey from Genesis to Revelation
  • Open Your Hymnal - Devotions That Harmonize Scripture With Song
  • Desires of My Heart - Meditation on Psalm 37:4
  • The Well-Lived Laugh: Designing a Life That Keeps You Smiling
  • Trusting God with Your Dream: A 31-Day Devotional for Young Women and Anyone with a Dream or an Unanswered Prayer
  • Getting to No: How to Break a Stubborn Habit
  • John G. Paton: Missionary to the New Hebrides
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • The Secret Place: Passionately Pursuing His Presence
  • 40 Days without Food: Divine Goodness to a Starving Soul
  • Can I Have Joy In My Life? (Crucial Questions, #12)
  • The Jesus Experiment: What Happens When You Follow in His Footsteps?
  • Kingdom Journeys: Rediscovering the Lost Spiritual Discipline
A spunky pastor's wife and former History/Government teacher, Jeanette Levellie is the author of The Heart of Humor: Sixty Helpings of Hilarity to Nourish Your Soul, and the bestselling humor devotional Two Scoops of Grace with Chuckles on Top.

Jeanette's weekly humor/inspirational column, God is Greater, remains a popular feature in the Prairie Press since 2001. She has published stories in Chick
More about Jeanette Levellie...