Start by marking “Kırmızı Piramit (Kane Günceleri, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kırmızı Piramit (Kane Günceleri,  #1)

Kırmızı Piramit (Kane Chronicles #1)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  220,991 Ratings  ·  9,883 Reviews
Antik Mısır tanrıları birer birer uyanıyor! Akıl almaz bir intikam
planını durdurmak, Carter ve Sadieye düşüyor.Çok satan Percy Jackson ve Olimposlular serisinin yazarından bir Mısır Mitolojisi efsanesi! Kane Günceleri serisinin ilk kitabı olan Kırmızı Piramit, gerilimi ve mizahı bir araya getiren, bir kahramanlık ve sadakat öyküsü.

Carter Kane, annesini altı yaşındayken k
Published 2010 by Doğan Ve Egmont Yayıncılık

To ask other readers questions about Kırmızı Piramit, please sign up.

Meredith I have to say, I didn't enjoy this series quite as much as PJO, but I would say it gets better. I ended up really liking it, especially the third…moreI have to say, I didn't enjoy this series quite as much as PJO, but I would say it gets better. I ended up really liking it, especially the third book. Plus, there is a crossover series between this and Percy Jackson!(less)

Mitchel Broussard
Update: I've recently degraded this to a one star from a two when I realized how much of a disappointment it was. This review is, as a result, a lot more nicer than I'd like it to be. If you'd like, just add a lot more unnecessary cursing and asides about that idiotic taco-sauce showdown. *Sigh* Now I can't stop thinking about that goddamn battle anymore. Damn it.

If you're thinking "Oh it's just Percy Jackson with Egyptian Gods", you'd be correct. But, in it's own weird way, it's a bit more. At
Maureen
Sep 06, 2015 Maureen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was SO GOOD! I really really enjoyed it!
The world building wasn't super solid - I think that was my main and only issue, but the rest was so great. It's hard to compete with PJO and HOO, but this is still such a great book from Riordan. I also appreciate that though it's still about mythical gods, it's not an exact copy of what PJO is. It's super different and stands on its own as a really unique and interesting story.
I love Carter and Sadie and I'm really excited to read the rest of
Kat O'Keeffe
Dec 21, 2013 Kat O'Keeffe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book! For me, it wasn't quite as good as the Percy Jackson series or the Heroes of Olympus, but it was still a really funny & entertaining read and I'll definitely be continuing with the series! I feel like if I were more familiar with Egyptian mythology I would have enjoyed this a lot more because I would have picked up on more of the jokes, but this is also kind of educational--I feel like I'm learning about Egyptian mythology, and I'm sure the other two books will be e ...more
Darth J
Apr 21, 2016 Darth J marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So, the reviews of this series are more like this

But because I love Egyptology and want something to get me in the mood for The Hidden Oracle, I think I'll give this one a shot.

I hope it's not as cringey as people have told me it is, but I'll be going in with low expectations anyway.
Laz
Apr 02, 2016 Laz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“It takes strength and courage to admit the truth.”

Honestly, who does it better than Rick Riordan when it comes to middle-grade fantasy books? The answer is no one. He never ceases to amaze me with the ideas he's coming up with, and although one could say that his books and ideas are being recycled I downright disagree with that notion. He's written about the Greek Gods, about the Roman Gods and then the Egyptian Gods, and each time he comes up with completely different ideas and twists to enc
Juliana Zapata
Jun 12, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Lloro de felicidad con este libro, es maravillosa la forma en que Rick te mete en la historia, como hace que creas que todo es real, como te hace parte de la magia.

La mitología Egipcia es increíble, aprendí muchas cosas sobre ello de la mejor manera. Rick y todos sus libros son maravillosos!

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Robin (Bridge Four)
May 21, 2015 Robin (Bridge Four) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars, ya
Buddy read with a few friends at Buddies Books and Baubles

Rick Riodan (RR) is one of the few M.G. authors I read, I mean I’m in my 30s so usually a M.G. book isn’t going to hold my attention but RR is one of the few authors who can pull it off and does it well at that. What makes him special???? Well there are a few things that I really like about his writing.

- He writes teens like teens. They aren’t 12-16 year olds who act like they are in their 30s they are kids, behaving like kids. Carter
Ann
I quite enjoyed Riordan's new adventures featuring the Kane siblings, Carter and Sadie (I believe 14 and 12 years of age... though I thought Sadie seemed older), who are introduced to the possibilities that Egyptian mythology may be a bit more real than they realized.

Sadie and Carter's mother died when they were young, and since then they have had to live apart - Sadie with her mother's parents in London, and Carter with his father, traveling the world looking for Egyptian artifacts. Since they
Aaron Vincent
Jun 28, 2010 Aaron Vincent rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-mg-fantasy
I ranked Rick Riordan's The Lighting Thief 5th on my Top Ten Fave Books for 2009, tied with Michael Scott's The Alchemist. I reasoned out that I can't choose which one is better cause both made learning history fun and both have that cool factor reliving the things in the past. Now, I have suspicion that I unknowingly can see the future cause The Red Pyramid is exactly the combination of both books. Is that a good thing? Yes, if it had been well executed. Let's review that sentence: "Yes, if it ...more
Priscilla
Aug 13, 2011 Priscilla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun, entertaining read!

Initial thoughts:
1. Interactive with the reader. Riordon pulls you into the story!
2. Amazing Egyptian mythology! Gods, and magic everything!
3. Elements that remind me of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter. Didn't bother me, but it's noteworthy.
4. Full of banter, and sarcasm. Loved it!
5. Action-packed, and fast paced! Lot's of story but it's filled with something insane.

Check out my full book video review!
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Aug 14, 2014 Aj the Ravenous Reader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Mythology was one of my favorite classes in college and Rick Riordan is one of the best authors I've known. So, combine them and here's a great book! :)
Alexxy
Mar 05, 2016 Alexxy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Let me confess something before I start my review: I dived in this book with lower than zero expectations. My sister has read them and she kind of hinted at them not being as good as the PJO series so I was very hard on the story. Thus, the three stars. I mean, I went in to hate the characters -which I kind of did- but overall, how could I even think about hating a Rick Riordan book?

The Red Pyramid, is sort of similar to other Rick books but had its own special moments. For one, it was about Egy
Cait (Paper Fury)
Whaaaaaat was this?!?! I'm a big fan of Rick Riordan so you can imagine I'm dying like an impaled Egyptian obelisk here admitting that I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT LIKE THIS BOOK. And it wasn't that the book was horrendous or anything, I was just 500000% uninterested in anything and everything that happened! I didn't like the characters, and it lacked the trademark Rick Riordan HILARITY. And...I just did. not. care. I wanted to sleep while reading it.
description
THIS IS SO NOT NORMAL RICK RIORDAN BOOK BEHAVIOUR FO
Nikita
Oct 26, 2012 Nikita rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, novel
hmmm.. I guess if you haven't read Percy Jackson, you'll definitely LOVE this book! It is enjoying to read! Rick Riordan is absolutely humorous! Writing in two different perspectives is really not easy, so thumbs up to him for that!

BUT! there's just a few 'but's since i'm an avid fan of Percy Jackson. i didn't quite enjoy it as i thought i would. it's just waaaay too similar to percy jackson. like percy jackson, they're also looking for children with pharaoh blood and everything. and like percy
P
Jun 26, 2015 P rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
เปนหนังสือทีอานแลวรูสึกสะพรึงมาก ! สะพรึงในทีนีมีหลายความหมาย...อยางแรกกคือ ครังแรกทีเราเริมอานหนังสือเลมนีไมกีหนา...เรารูสึกทึงมาก ! ทึงในการสรางโลกใบใหมของริคทีเอาตำนานของอียิปตยัดใสเขาไปไดอยางนาสนใจ สะพรึงในอีกความหมายคือ...ชือเรียก คำเฉพาะ ทีอานยากและจำยากมาก บางคำนีอานจบเลมแลวยังไมรูวามันคืออะไรเลย จำไมไดอะ เยอะแยะมากมายไปหมด (แลวกขีเกียจพลิกกลับไปดูดวย เหอๆ) สิงทีทำเราสะพรึงอีกอยางคือเนือเรืองทีพลิกไปพลิกมาตลอด มองในแงดีกคือ...มันทำใหคนอานอยางเรารูสึกตืนเตนตลอดเวลาทีอาน แตถาคิดอีกแงนะหรอ.. ...more
Natalie
I hate when this happens. I see it all the time.
Great writer writes book. Book gets discovered, gets really famous. Writer makes a billion copies of said book in deteriorating quality.
Rick Riordan should've stuck to his Percy Jackson series and his sister-series to that. Instead, I can see the dollar-signs in his eyes and the mocking "cha-ching!" in the background, and here we have the Kane Chronicles.
Part of the reason I enjoyed The Lightning Thief so much is because the insight and dialogue we
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
GAAAHHHHH!!! Well, you know I only start a review that way if I'm really mad or if I'm really excited. In this case, it's the latter. :)

I am a huuuuge fan of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson & the Olympian series, and those of you who love those will enjoy his new Kane Chronicles, too. I was a little nervous at first, thinking it wouldn't be as awesome, but after reading The Red Pyramid I don't feel the need to compare the two. There were some similar elements––Egyptian gods instead of Greek god
Namratha
Mild-mannered, well-dressed Carter Kane is fourteen years old. Until now he has spent a nomadic life, travelling to distant places with his famous Egyptologist dad – Dr.Julius Kane. Carter’s estranged (and rebellious) twelve year old sister - Sadie Kane has been raised in England by her grandparents after their mother died under mysterious circumstances. Dr. Kane is allowed to meet his daughter only twice a year and this works just fine for Carter and Sadie. They never really got along when they ...more
Cathy
I liked it a lot. It's very Dan Brown for kids, bouncing around between real historical sites, but always with an imaginative twist. The author really weaves the mythology and history into the modern story in a fun and exciting, sometimes breathtaking, way. The Egyptian gods as described by Riordan are very different from the Greek or Celtic gods I'm more used to reading about, and the heritage of magic from the Egyptian culture adds a very interesting twist to the story.

I like the idea the aut
Lucy Ibn al-Rashid
You know that I am a mythology sucker. I love mythology! Every single time that I read about it or watch something with mythology I'm like:

Besides,Egyptian mythology particularly fascinates me, so I could only love The Kane Chronicles! :)
Though I must say that Carter really pissed me off sometimes. He still didn't grow on me like Percy did.
I could immediately connect with Percy but with Carter that didn't happen. I didn't like when, in the beginning, he said that he was fine with being with his
Mary
Mar 10, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plain ol' Riordan fun.
Savina M.
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Reading this was simply like reading Percy Jackson again. Don't get me wrong; I love Percy Jackson. This problem is that The Red Pyramid cannot match up to Percy Jackson. I would have liked it more if the whole thing didn't feel recycled, or if it were funnier.

In The Red Pyramid, the protagonists watch their parent get kidnapped. Their protector reveals that they are related to the Gods, and they fate of the world lies on their hands. They set off on a quest to save their
Erica (daydreamer)
Ooh, I loved it! It was amazing. It's kind of long, but there's so much happening, it needed to be that long. And it wasn't boring. I loved reading about the Egyptian gods. My favorite character was probably Bast.

It's told as a recording. Sadie and Carter recorded their adventure and then Rick wrote it down. It kind of reminded me of Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. Like the author believes that the story really did happen, and they're just the writer. Which is cool. Within the st
~Tina~
Move over Percy Jackson, Carter and Sadie are here to stay!

Fans of Rick Riordan may agree with me, when I say, you've gotta love this mans style! Rick as such a unique way of introducing his characters in a way that you fall in love with them...instantly!
The Red Pyramid isn't Percy, but that's what I adored about this book, it has a voice all in it's own, it's different and fresh and I love, love, love that!!

Come join Carter and Sadie on an adventure like no other. You will be dazzled by legends
Veronica Bejarano
Me encantó de principio a fin. Muy entretenido, muy bien documentado y continúa muy bien con el hilo de la historia. Las parejas sentimentales son muy graciosas. Anubis, querido, sal del valle de la muerte y date una vueltita por este mundo, porfis!
JAIME
May 09, 2015 JAIME marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Waaaaaaait. I'm reading a children's book for children?! Complete with illustrations?!

Ley (sounds like "Lee") *my head is a jungle*
I know I'm super late, but I'm finally jumping on the Rick Riordan bandwagon. I wanted to start with The Lightning Thief, but I couldn't find it at the library, so I read The Red Pyramid instead. And I really liked it!

Egyptian mythology! YES. YES. YES. I'm not too familiar with Egyptian mythology specifically, but any sort of mythology is awesome and so I was happy to learn more about Egyptian mythology in The Red Pyramid. Definitely going to read more about that.

Now, let's talk about the charac
Lars Guthrie
May 26, 2010 Lars Guthrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK, I'm hooked on the whole Riordan phenomenon. Bought this one the week it came out and ripped through it. If Riordan can keep it going, this series will be even better than the Percy Jackson books. Let me back that up.

As with the PJ books, first person narrator, but there are two of them, switching every two chapters. One is a girl. Sadie and Carter Kane are siblings who squabble but are fiercely protective of each other, despite being raised separately. I enjoyed the slightly nerdier-than-PJ
Ithlilian
Jan 12, 2011 Ithlilian rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I know Rick Riordan can do better than this since he already has with the Percy Jackson series. I won't compare the two, but I will say that excellent children's books do exist, and this is not even close. Ancient Greek mythology and ancient Egyptian culture are probably the two most popular subjects that exist. Most people find them fascinating. I was very excited when I heard about this book and have been waiting to read it for some time. When I found out more about it I was even more excited. ...more
Jonathan
A fun, whimsical children's novel that is let down in that it does not measure up to Rick Riordan's much finer work with the world of Greek and Roman demigods. As such it is not the book itself that is average but rather it feels like it should be at a higher The Lightning Thief type of standard.

I did enjoy some of the ideas in this book but at time they seemed rather frantic and less organised than in Riordan's other novels. There was a lot of information about the Egyptian gods which was fasci
  • Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder (Leven Thumps, #5)
  • Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders, #2)
  • Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (Theodosia Throckmorton, #2)
  • The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8)
  • If You're Reading This, It's Too Late (Secret, #2)
  • Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers, #4)
  • Once Upon a Crime (The Sisters Grimm, #4)
  • The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #3)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • The Time Thief (The Gideon Trilogy, #2)
  • The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7)
  • The Gathering (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #2)
  • Jake Ransom and the Howling Sphinx
  • The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)
  • The Eye Of The Forest (Children Of The Lamp, #5)
  • The Rise of the Black Wolf (Grey Griffins, #2)

More about Rick Riordan...

Kane Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles, #2)
  • The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles, #3)

“It takes strength and courage to admit the truth.” 829 likes
“Oh no." I said panic rising in my chest. "No, no, no, Somebody get a can opener. I've got a god in my head!!” 606 likes