Start by marking “Kwani? 06: African Fiction Omnibus” as Want to Read:
Kwani? 06: African Fiction Omnibus

Kwani? 06: African Fiction Omnibus (Kwani? Journal #6)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Kwani? 06, is an anthology of short fiction and poetry by Kenyan And African writers born after September 1978. Farah Aideed Goes To Gulf War by Mehul Gohil is a dystopic paean that explodes our obsessions with mono-Kenyan identity and binary understanding of Nairobi (Nairobbery vs Green City In The Sun) into a huge chessboard patchwork of lives. The runners up and second ...more
Paperback, First Impression, 525 pages
Published 2010 by Kwani Trust

To ask other readers questions about Kwani? 06, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kwani? 06

Moses Kilolo
There is some serious talent in Kenya, and pretty young for that matter. and you only need to read Kwani 6 to see that. In it you will find poetry, lots, and lots of brilliant short stories from here as well as from other African writers.
Esther Neema Mumo
I had had such a great crave to read great Africa short stories. This is after introduction to short stories through Encounters from Africa. This book has brought about that great satisfaction I was longing for. I like most of the stories whilst I looooooved others.

My favourite being SEVEN YELLOW BRASSIERE FOR FRIED EGGS- BY TESIRO DORE. I thought that was awesomely hilarious. He marries his words with sarcasm, which is absolutely amazingly humerous.

He says on his first page "First I am not stud
Kairo Kimende
If you are looking for African writing that is not seen through the eyes of Ngugi wa Thiongo, Soyinka, Achebe, Grace Ogot, Naguib Mahfouz and their likes; If you want something fresh and new from Africa; If you are tired of themes such as colonialism; this is the book you are looking for. These young contemporaries are the embodiment of Africa's second generation literature. I give Mehul Gohil 5 stars for Bass Weejuns on tiptoes because I still read it, 4 stars to his Farah Aideed, 4 stars to a ...more
Corvinus Maximilus
Jul 29, 2012 Corvinus Maximilus rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who enjoy African writing.
Shelves: africa
I liked about 70% of the stories...most of them were self-indulgent, smacked of self-importance. We need our own truths as Africans.
Sandra Aikaruwa
Sandra Aikaruwa marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Sareh
Sareh marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Sen Joshua
Sen Joshua marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Anita
Anita added it
Oct 24, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Denis
Denis marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Dorcas
Dorcas marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Joseck Era
Joseck Era marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2012
Mike/
Mike/ is currently reading it
Jun 05, 2012