Start by marking “Ասկանիո” as Want to Read:
Ասկանիո

Ասկանիո

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  277 ratings  ·  9 reviews
C'était le 10 juillet de l'an de grâce 1540, à quatre heures de relevée, à Paris, dans l'enceinte de l'Université, à l'entrée de l'église des Grands-Augustins, près du bénitier, auprès de la porte
Published (first published 1843)

To ask other readers questions about Ասկանիո, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ասկանիո

Sergey
This is a re-read; first read about fifteen years ago. I remembered vividly the scene of the taking of the Great Nesle Castle, but had forgotten the glory of the story that followed. This is such a wonderful historical novel. You have adventure; you have intrigue; you have romance (innocent and lovely (Ascanio and Colombe), contrasted by the selfish love that satisfies but the cold, cruel heart (Duchess D'Etampes -- To win your heart I would sacrifice France!); you have revenge; you have the art ...more
Jānis Skarnelis
Grūti pateikt vai šobrīt lasot šo grāmatu būtu tāds pats iespaids, bet kaut kad ļoti sen es biju sajūsmā par šo atklājumu. Tiem, kam patika "3 musketieri", patiks arī šī.
Deusprimus
Another good Dumas romance. Had me in tears a couple of times, and laughing others. The penultimate scene with the two main characters was masterful.
Jānis
Caurstrāvo visu laiku tāds patīkams viduslaiku maigums un naivisms, bet ir kruta. Ja salīdzina ar mūsdienu romāniem, tad intrigas ir, bet visur cauri spīd tāds patiess cēlums, kas romānu padara "dizčiltīgu". Patika.
Yegor
The first time I came upon Cellini's name was the movie "How to Steal a Million" with Audrey Hepburn. And as soon as I've seen a book about him, I new I must read it.

Really great book. I like the way Dumas describes Benvenuto Cellini. He seemed to be a very active, talented and adventurous person with a good sense of humor and devotion to his friends.
Karina
I need to figure out which edition I have of this book. But most of my books are currently in storage... This was a gift. And at the time I didn't know Dumas wrote anything like this too; it's not quite the same genre as the usual stuff I read by him like the Three Musketeers and the sequels, and other historical fiction.
Maryam
this is a rating of my memory, I read it when I was 15. 15 year old me loved it, now I would love to re-read it. As soos as I do, will update a review.
P.S. I was suprised to find among editions exactly the one I had at my parents' house.
Lilit Gevorgyan
it is a kind story about strong people
E
E marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Olga
Olga added it
Jul 03, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
  • Французская волчица. Лилия и лев (The Accursed Kings, #5-6)
  • Սամվել
  • Magdeburg. L'eretico
  • Henry, King of France
  • Քաոս
  • Foxes in a Vineyard
  • California Hiking: The Complete Guide to 1,000 of the Best Hikes in the Golden State (Moon Outdoors)
This note regards Alexandre Dumas, père, the father of Alexandre Dumas, fils (son). For the son, see Alexandre Dumas.

Alexandre Dumas, père (French for "father", akin to Senior in English), born Dumas Davy de la Pailleterie, was a French writer, best known for his numerous historical novels of high adventure which have made him one of the most widely read French authors in the world. Many of his no
More about Alexandre Dumas...
The Count of Monte Cristo The Three Musketeers The Man in the Iron Mask (The D'Artagnan Romances, #3) Robin Hood, The Prince of Thieves Twenty Years After (The D'Artagnan Romances, #2)