Start by marking “Ասկանիո” as Want to Read:
Ասկանիո

Ասկանիո

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  312 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
C'était le 10 juillet de l'an de grâce 1540, à quatre heures de relevée, à Paris, dans l'enceinte de l'Université, à l'entrée de l'église des Grands-Augustins, près du bénitier, auprès de la porte
Published (first published 1843)

To ask other readers questions about Ասկանիո, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ասկանիո

Sergey
Sep 05, 2009 Sergey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dumas fans
This is a re-read; first read about fifteen years ago. I remembered vividly the scene of the taking of the Great Nesle Castle, but had forgotten the glory of the story that followed. This is such a wonderful historical novel. You have adventure; you have intrigue; you have romance (innocent and lovely (Ascanio and Colombe), contrasted by the selfish love that satisfies but the cold, cruel heart (Duchess D'Etampes -- To win your heart I would sacrifice France!); you have revenge; you have the art ...more
Jānis Skarnelis
Grūti pateikt vai šobrīt lasot šo grāmatu būtu tāds pats iespaids, bet kaut kad ļoti sen es biju sajūsmā par šo atklājumu. Tiem, kam patika "3 musketieri", patiks arī šī.
Deusprimus
Jun 28, 2015 Deusprimus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good Dumas romance. Had me in tears a couple of times, and laughing others. The penultimate scene with the two main characters was masterful.
Jānis
Apr 27, 2014 Jānis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caurstrāvo visu laiku tāds patīkams viduslaiku maigums un naivisms, bet ir kruta. Ja salīdzina ar mūsdienu romāniem, tad intrigas ir, bet visur cauri spīd tāds patiess cēlums, kas romānu padara "dizčiltīgu". Patika.
Yegor
Sep 24, 2012 Yegor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history, biography
The first time I came upon Cellini's name was the movie "How to Steal a Million" with Audrey Hepburn. And as soon as I've seen a book about him, I new I must read it.

Really great book. I like the way Dumas describes Benvenuto Cellini. He seemed to be a very active, talented and adventurous person with a good sense of humor and devotion to his friends.
Karina
Feb 23, 2010 Karina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, fiction, adventure
I need to figure out which edition I have of this book. But most of my books are currently in storage... This was a gift. And at the time I didn't know Dumas wrote anything like this too; it's not quite the same genre as the usual stuff I read by him like the Three Musketeers and the sequels, and other historical fiction.
Maryam
this is a rating of my memory, I read it when I was 15. 15 year old me loved it, now I would love to re-read it. As soos as I do, will update a review.
P.S. I was suprised to find among editions exactly the one I had at my parents' house.
Lilit Gevorgyan
Feb 12, 2013 Lilit Gevorgyan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it is a kind story about strong people
Victoria
Victoria is currently reading it
May 03, 2016
Svetlana
Svetlana rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Sargismkgmail.com
Sargismkgmail.com rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2016
Mari
Mari marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Anna
Anna added it
Apr 11, 2016
Naira Babaian
Naira Babaian marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Nailya Saifulina
Nailya Saifulina rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
An
An added it
Mar 22, 2016
Vlad Bdoyan
Vlad Bdoyan rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Narine
Narine rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2016
Talgat Nrv
Talgat Nrv rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Lana
Lana added it
Mar 16, 2016
Irakli Khaduri
Irakli Khaduri rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Eva
Eva rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Kate Prihodko
Kate Prihodko rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Sofi Hakobyan
Sofi Hakobyan rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Rossoneri2606
Rossoneri2606 rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Vyacheslav Ishchenko
Vyacheslav Ishchenko marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
  • Яд и корона. Негоже лилиям прясть (The Accursed Kings, #3-4)
  • Սամվել
  • Քաոս
  • The Tale of Hodja Nasreddin: Disturber of the Peace
  • Consuelo
  • Sannikov Land
  • Japanese Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebooks)
  • Fodor's Paris 2013
  • Loveless, Vol. 3: Blackwater Falls
  • Dungeons and Dragons Rules Cyclopedia
  • The Photographer's Handbook
  • I dodici abati di Challant; Il miracolo di santa Odilia; Gli occhi dell'imperatore
This note regards Alexandre Dumas, père, the father of Alexandre Dumas, fils (son). For the son, see Alexandre Dumas.

Alexandre Dumas, père (French for "father", akin to Senior in English), born Dumas Davy de la Pailleterie, was a French writer, best known for his numerous historical novels of high adventure which have made him one of the most widely read French authors in the world. Many of his no
More about Alexandre Dumas...