Start by marking “Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  28,489 ratings  ·  3,207 reviews
Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces
Published May 28th 2013 by Harlequin Teen (first published May 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dare You To, please sign up.

This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Noor you can't read books from here, the site is for reviewing books and loking them up only, and you know to track what you have read, want to read etc.
Dare You To by Katie McGarryThis is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. SmithJust One Day by Gayle FormanEleanor & Park by Rainbow RowellThe Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
2013 Contemporary YA
1st out of 245 books — 1,491 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
69th out of 2,464 books — 12,470 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexis *Reality Bites*
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: YA-Contemporary Romance

It all started with a Dare...

'The words sting, but I struggle to keep the pain from surfacing. What more should I expect? He's everything that's right with the world. I'm everything wrong. Guys like him don't go for girls like me.' ~Beth

"I fell for the jock again..."

"I don't lose. Do you hear me? I don't lose and that includes you..." ~Ryan

And then...there is him.

Isaiah knows her secrets..He is her best friend. Her safe
Jennifer Armentrout
There are some books you read that make you feel very inadequate as an author. This would be one of them.
"We lose control- quickly, so fast we've broken beyond floating to flying. I inhale and all I smell is Ryan: the sweet smell of summer rain. I'm so giddy I could almost laugh- I'm finally high. Higher than I've ever been without drugs, higher than I've ever been with other guys, higher than..."

Thoughts BEFORE book:

Wow. What is going on here. It's BETH AND ISAIAH- NOT this Ryan guy whoever the hell HE is.

I'm sorry I'm team Isaiah all the way. I mean c'mon he's such a good guy. He's took ca
There are times when you stand on the cusp of moments so huge, you know you’ll remember them forever.

It all started at a Taco Bell... It was just a dare...
 photo f831559f-aa88-415b-baa6-9f04721bee59_zps90669752.jpg
Ryan and his friends never back away from a dare. He and his friend Chris are getting girls numbers... and Chris dares Ryan to get Beth’s. He has no idea what he is in for. She turns him down, but she is still on his mind-

We all remember Noah’s friend Beth from Pushing the Limits...
 photo 25835f1f-ac0e-4351-bb1c-1bfb2bfda8ec_zps6b25cf58.jpg

Beth is a bad ass. The tough girl that no one messes wit
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Feb 05, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy read with Anna, Ian and Michelle
Beth Risk from Dare You To : Otherwise known as a classic example of how to self-sabotage.

3.5 stars. I'll be going against the grain in saying that I liked this book better than the first in the series. I understand that the masses went wild over Pushing the Limits, but I struggled with shakily written stereotypes and repetitive speech patterns. That said, the first book was engaging and the characters were likable, which was enough of a reason for me to want to continue on with the series.

Lisa Jayne

Jock v's skater girl ...

This story is written to young adult perfection. The writing is beautifully put together and descriptive. From page one I was hooked. If your looking for a young adult story with depth and emotion then look no further. This author has delivered a novel that i'm sure will capture the attention of most lovers of this genre.

There are so many positives about this book I'm not sure how to write it all coherently in one review, but here are my thoughts ...

Nick ••[Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist]
Katie McGarry wowed me with her debut, Pushing the Limits, last year. I was a little bit hesitant to start Dare You To because it was Beth's story and I never really liked her character in the book. Plus, she wasn't going to be with Isaiah, who clearly really loved her. But then, the cover came out! And well, you probably just guessed what happened!

Like I mentioned above, Beth was never really a character that I enjoyed. When I started Dare You To, I decided to temporarily forget my feelings for
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

CAN or CAN'T? This is the question...

I finished this one a few days ago so my review might not make sense. Just a few thoughts, okay?

I love YA! Yeah, I know, I keep selling myself like an erotica reader but what really grabs me is a good YA story and this one was pretty good.

I love hate/love relationships. They are the best for me and let's say Beth was not a big fan of Ryan when they met at Taco Bell.

"There is absolutely nothing you can do to ever get me to give you my name or number"
"I bet
Kat Kennedy
Pushing the Limits, excuse my profanity, is a bastard to follow up on. It was such an emotional, powerful book, so neat and well-constructed, that I was wary to pick up the next one. I needn’t have been entirely terrified, Dare You To is still a pretty good book with enjoyable things to reccomend it. I simply didn’t love it as much as I wanted to. I didn’t even cry once. It made me question, for a moment, if McGarry had lost her touch to regularly make me bawl like a little baby who got pricked ...more
Well, Katie McGarry just wowed me again! Dare to You was just as AMAZING if not more that Pushing the Limits!! I was full of intense emotions, and on the edge of my seat the entire read, completely immersed in Beth and Ryan’s story!!

I knew Beth’s story would be something else, because she was such a hard and troubled character in Pushing the Limits, and now we finally see why. Beth is living with her aunt after having the crap beat out of her by her mother’s boyfriend, Trent (what a gem!). He

Dare You To is a perfect example of a great YA story. I adored Beth and Ryan. She is rough around the edges but vulnerable, and he is a charming, virginal baseball player. Their love story is sweet, emotional and heartbreaking at times, and it all begins with a dare.

I really enjoyed Beth and Ryan's story. Experiencing them falling in love while struggling to deal with some difficult personal issues, I was constantly pulling for them. This was a wonderful, young adult romance.

Dec 06, 2012 Jaden marked it as to-read
*** EDIT 12/6/2012***

Cover & Blurb: Beth is very pretty, and so much unlike what I had in mind. And erm... is it okay if I like Ryan a little as in a whole damn lot? Gee, that hunk!

I'm certain it's gonna be a trilogy now, unless Isaiah finds his own HEA in Dare You To, which I sincerely doubt. So, make it three McGarry! You know you want to!

As soon as I saw that Pushing the Limits will have a sequel I was slightly irked since the story felt more than complete. But then I noticed it's ab
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review

This book was very clearly NOT FOR ME. It was so NOT FOR ME that I refuse to even finish or review it. Here are my reading notes:

Two perspectives, guy and girl, love that.

Ew. Chris, Mr. MC's bestie? Has an “awesome” girlfriend yet is playing the “lemme get your number” game? Total skeeze move.

"All girls are the same...All girls want the same thing. A guy who shows interest." Really, Mr. MC who I’m supposed to like? Really?

Hmmm, Beth’s ba
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 03, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
OH WOW! What a gorgeous cover!! Can't wait for this!

Screw what Mom and Dad think. Screw the rest of the town. Screw perfection. This girl is mine.

Totally happy and a little bit teary-eyed.

*clap. clap. clap*

Oh and I have a playlist for this book:

Ryan to Beth: Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute
Isaiah to Beth: What I know by Parachute
For Beth: Broken Angel by Boyce Avenue
Beth to Ryan: Who Knew by Pink or Terrified by Katharine McPhee

This book wasn't perfect. There were stuff here and there that made me want to throw
Angela  M
But, but, but, but - Beth's not with Isaiah - but, but, but, but - Katie McGarry is a genius, I must trust - but, but, but, but - ALL THE FEELINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NiCoLeTa E.
Whoa!!!! The second book was also... Whoa!!!.... Amazing!!!!!

I really liked these series very much, and i liked even more Beth and Ryan's stories... I'm using plural because they were two different stories who connected and became one... And that i love too much in these books. That we have a dual POV! So we understand the things better and from every part....
Oh, my Gosh!!! I really don't know how to start...

In Echo and Noah's story, we met Isaiah and Beth... For Isaiah, i will talk to you in th
Dec 02, 2012 Nadd marked it as to-read
Sept 25 2012
Another book? Am i dreaming? oh my, oh my I'm in heaven!

I'm so happy. Oh great lord~ This is why my life worth livin' for

Just wait for my review. Coming soon~

December 1, 2012

OH HOLY! The COVER, it is! OMG! Is that Beth? PERFECTION! And as for the guy hmmm.. Why does he remind me of someone from The Walking Dead?
After Pushing the Limits became one of my favorite reads of last year, I went into this one with a lot of enthusiasm and high expectations. I'm sad that I didn't en up loving it as much, but I still quite enjoyed it and am happy that I read it. I also can see why so many are enamored by it, if I had read it at another time I might have enjoyed it much more as well. As it stands I've been reading a string of similarly plotted books lately so my patience for certain elements of the book has been w ...more
Jennifer Kyle
"Game on, Skater Girl. Game On."

Katie McGarry’s Dare You To is YA at its best!!

I was thoroughly engrossed in this story from the first page and I have to admit that I read it straight through and I still wanted more. There isn't a cliffhanger and we get an hea, I just could have read about these characters forever. Luckily Katie McGarry will have another installment to this series.

The story is told in alternating povs of Beth Risk and Ryan Stone.

Who’s Ryan you ask? This is Ryan...

Ryan is bea
It all started with a harmless dare...

Meet Ryan-

Ryan never loses.So when he is dared by his best friend,Chris to get the name and number of the girl who just walked into Taco Bell,he knows he can't refuse.But what he didn't know was that this girl could change his entire life.

Beth is a girl who's had a hard life.Her mother is an addict and Beth has been taking care of her since she was 8.She even has to deal with her mom's pathetic,abusive boyfriend,Trent.Beth has always been covering up for her

From time to time I like to read love stories.
I like to read stories that make me smile, stories about first love and hope and innocence. I like to read stories about opposite people, from very different backgrounds, that discover that there is something that can bind their worlds.

From time to time I like to forget about work and day to day duties, and instead curl up in my bed with a cup of tea and a cute book that can make giggle and sigh and keep my fingers crossed for a happy ending..

When I
Amy (Foxy)
SALE $1.99

****4 'Ribbons of Hope' Stars****

This is the love story of Ryan & Beth told in both points of view.

Ryan is a high school baseball star. His friends and him are into daring each other to do stuff.

We meet, Beth, in Pushing the Limits. I didn't care for her in that book but by the end of this book she grew on me.

One simple dare leads to Ryan trying to gain Beth's phone number at a Taco Bell. Beth's answer to Ryan is written on the palm

Dare You To is a companion novel to Pushing The Limits, which i really enjoyed. I think this was a tiny bit better and i loved it. At times i couldn't put it down!

47c5642a 5742 40db 96e0 762cbfa05dbb zps140c7840

Isaiah is my safe. He has always been. He's that place where i fall when the world turns into chaos.

Isaiah is Beth's Risk only true friend that she trusts with her life. He know her secrets. He knows her mother is an addict and alcoholic living with an abusive asshole of a boyfriend, and that Be
Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
"There are memories that exist in my mind that are so clear that if I focus on them enough I could practically relive them" -Beth

Warning:Before starting the book make sure you have a box of tissues lying besides you.

When I finished Pushing the Limits and saw that Beth is getting her own story I was beyond surprised to see that Beth isn't getting with Isaiah but someone else!!!I loved Isaiah as much as I loved Noah!!!What a pity!I really wanted to see them together..

Now that I have finished Dare
Ash Wednesday
Apr 10, 2013 Ash Wednesday rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who enjoyed Hopeless... which basically covers everyone I know

I wasn't the biggest fan of Noah and Echo's book, mostly because I felt it was bogged down by the heaviness of the theme without succeeding at making me actually care for the characters (especially Echo) enough to sympathize. I didn't even care much for Beth and was certainly not raring to know her story. She came across as a whiny, pessimistic, emo, wannabe.

So this was a pleasant curve ball for me.

This is a girl book. You know, the kind that your boyfriend will never admit to his frien
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Katie McGarry has done it again and created another heart-breaking and emotional story and turned it into something beautiful and truly unforgettable. This time around we see Beth - a misunderstood girl that always tried her best to protect her low life mother, one who always puts Beth last in her life. When Beth takes the blame for a stunt her mother pulls, she's arrested and is rescued by her Uncle, who she hasn't seen for years. Taking her away from everyone she loves and enrolling her in a n ...more

RATING: 4.5 HEARTS!!! <3<3

I fell in love with Katie McGarry's writing with Pushing the Limits, and now with Dare You To, I am ecstatic to say that Katie continues to wow me with her beautiful storytelling and gut wrenching emotions, and such realistic characters. I loved Beth and Ryan! :D

Full Review to Come....

Katie is easily one of my favorite authors. She writes books in a way most can't. Like Pushing the Limits, Dare You To has made my favorites list. It's heart-wrenching and romantic and funny and hopeful.

That must be love: when everything else in the
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
4 stars! Katie McGarry sure has teenage angst down pat!

I really liked this book despite a few issues that I had with it. For the first few chapters I felt a bit annoyed- I mean, come on! You know we were dying for Beth and Isaiah to have their happy ending! Poor Isaiah... I spent a good amount of time mourning my preconceived notion that this book would be about Beth and Isaiah. Then, I was going to slap Katie McGarry for pulling a "She's All That" plot twist... if this whole book was going to b
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Dear Cassie (Pretty Amy, #2)
  • Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)
  • Hooked (Hooked, #1)
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • Stir Me Up
  • Heartbeat
  • Things I Can't Forget
  • Burning
  • Dirty Little Secret
  • A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #2)
  • The Avery Shaw Experiment
  • Our Song
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Secret for a Song
  • Faking It (Losing It, #2)
KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website,, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebo
More about Katie McGarry...

Pushing the Limits (5 books)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)

“You're a lot like that bird in the barn. You're so scared that you're going to be caged in forever you can't see the way out. You smack yourself against the wall again and again and again. The door is open, Beth. Stop running in circles and walk out.” 199 likes
“I like you. I. Like. You. I'll admit you're annoying. Sometimes you agitate me to the brink of insanity, but you can throw it back at me like no one else. When you laugh, I want to laugh. When you smile, I want to smile. Hell, I want to be the one to make you smile.” 190 likes