Start by marking “No Remedy for Love” as Want to Read:
No Remedy for Love

Podga

No Remedy for Love

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  37 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
After 30 years, it all falls apart for Scott and Thomas.
Online Fiction - Complete
Published July 10th 2011 by Literotica

To ask other readers questions about No Remedy for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Remedy for Love

Mandapanda
Nov 19, 2014 Mandapanda rated it really liked it
It's truly amazing the quality of writing you can occasionally find in free online fiction. This is one of the best m/m romances I've read about a couple getting back together after a breakup. It tells the story of Scott and Thomas in chapters that alternate between past and present. In the present they have just separated but are both obviously suffering and missing each other terribly. We also learn how they met and fell in love which made me feel very attached to the guys and invested in the ...more
Ami
Apr 18, 2012 Ami rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ami by: Chris
I was disappointed with the last two published M/M stories I read, and saw this one on my GR timeline, thanks to Chris and decided to give it a try.

Scott and Thomas has been together for 30 years (the last 20 years, almost like marriage, though not yet legalized). The story opens with them no longer together, though. Scott has moved out of the house (view spoiler), and it has been two months later. The story is written from Scott's perspective (1st p
Edina Rose
Apr 18, 2012 Edina Rose rated it really liked it
Recommended to Edina by: Ami
Established couple breaks up after 30 years together. The story explores the WHYs of the problems that led to the break up. They have happy end, though, no worries.
Chris
Apr 16, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, free, ebook, online, 2012
Very good m/m romance about a couple who were together for 30 years and then split up, painfully. Be warned that at least half the story is told via flashback.
Adrienne -kocham czytać-
Jan 21, 2014 Adrienne -kocham czytać- rated it it was amazing
(Minor un-hidden spoilers that aren't really specific and don't spoil much, but fair warning just in case.)
I usually don't like cheating, but the way they both cheated, yet it didn't mean anything in the end, and actually helped them get back to their love and face their issues, really made it perfect for the story. And it was equal on both sides because dealing with emotions was Scott's thing, so for him to have an emotional affair was worse, as the story said, than if he had just had sex a few
Marie G
Oct 10, 2015 Marie G rated it it was amazing
I loved this read and I loved their couple. They weren't your typical MM romance characters which somehow made them seem more realistic. I am only slightly disappointed by the ending. I wish there had been a little bit more. But we have a HEA anyway and it was still enjoyable.
Fehu
Sep 15, 2012 Fehu rated it really liked it
Well written and an interesting free story about a couple that was together for over 20 years. Scott and Thomas met in college fell in love and then moved together and lived happily ever after. Well not quite. There are the homophobic parents who never accepted their son's love for Scott and one year where everything was not all right. It's a story about finding to each other and finding out how to work things out after everything seemed to be lost.
I don't like flashbacks and half of the story i
Adriana
Yuu
Yuu added it
Nov 09, 2015
Sushishin
Sushishin marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Maxwell
Maxwell marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Tomma
Tomma marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Marsbar
Marsbar marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Nedi
Nedi rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Vicky Heysham
Vicky Heysham rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Kc
Kc rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2013
Jerobe
Jerobe marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2013
hish123
hish123 rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Angelica
Angelica rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm introverted, but work at a job, where I constantly interact with new people, so I read to re-charge my batteries. Seems like I'm always on a plane, so as far as I'm concerned e-readers with long battery lives are just about the best invention on this earth.

Occasionally I try my hand at writing, and while my stories aren't really autobiographical, they are inspired by my experiences; sometimes
More about Podga...