Start by marking “Croc and Bird” as Want to Read:
Croc and Bird

Croc and Bird

4.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  65 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Side by side on the sand sat two eggs. With a crack and a rip, the brothers hatch, and out comes a bird and a ...crocodile! But they can't be brothers - can they?
Published January 3rd 2012 by Hutchinson (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Croc and Bird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Croc and Bird

Rebecca Bannocks
May 25, 2015 Rebecca Bannocks rated it it was amazing
The story begins with two eggs sat side by sand on the sand. The eggs hatch at the same time, and out of the first egg comes a delicate chick, and out of the second comes a loud crocodile. They are the first thing each other sees and so refer to themselves as 'brother'. We see the different natural instincts of the two animals, when the chick tells the crocodile to open its mouth and "food will come." After a long unsuccessful wait, the crocodile decides to set off to find some food, although he ...more
Shawn Bird
Mar 25, 2012 Shawn Bird rated it it was amazing
This delightful picture book caught my eye in a bookstore in London last week. I was deeply touched by the many messages of belonging and accepting that it explores. What makes a family? Who are our brothers? I found myself pondering ways to use this book in senior high school English classes. Very profound for 32 pages. Sweet but powerful. Worth a read!
Dee-Ann
What an interesting little story. It is about a crocodile and a bird hatching from eggs side by side, then growing up and changing and learning from each other. Sdaly they learn that they are different, but there is a happy ending. Loved the pictures and the tales and my son and I took turns to read it.
Jean
Apr 24, 2013 Jean rated it it was amazing
A beautifully illustrated book and a very lovely story about a bird and a crocodile growing up together, teaching each other how to sing, how to build a nest, how to lie like logs in the water, and climb and dance. They eventually meet other crocodiles and birds, so to discover that they are not brothers after all...Of course the other crocodiles find songs too noisy, and the other birds consider catching buffalo "disgusting"...and so the two creatures seek each other out again. The story has a ...more
Mai-ana
Jan 07, 2016 Mai-ana rated it it was amazing
This book is a lovely book about two brothers, a croc and a bird. Made me feel warm and fuzzy at the end. The children in my class also enjoyed it.
Merita
Sep 03, 2014 Merita rated it it was amazing
A great book. Even I enjoyed it while reading to the kids. And the illustrations were beautiful too.
Sanah
Jul 03, 2013 Sanah added it
A lovely story about a bird and crocodile growing up together, who soon realise that they are not brothers as they are very different. This beautifully illustrated book takes children on an adventure with croc and bird as they set out to discover who their real families are. The animals eventually meet other crocodiles and birds but soon realise that they have never felt so alone. The story has a lovely underlining moral which has potential for talking about a range of topics such as similaritie ...more
Veronica Molina
Es un libro súper tierno sobre vínculos familiares yendo más allá de la sangre. Un cocodrilo y un.pajarito nacen juntos, y se van dando cuenta de que son más hermanos entre ellos que con los de sus propias especies.
Es un tema lindo, y el libro es.precioso. Me encanta la técnica que usa Deacon en general, pero aquí me fascinó.
Sylver
So sweet!
Claire
Feb 13, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it
Lovely friendship story for preschoolers.
Verena
Aug 27, 2012 Verena rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
suitable theme - racial harmony
Tania
Delightful!
Melli
Melli rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Vieroscka Vivanco
Vieroscka Vivanco marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Diego Ortiz
Diego Ortiz marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Martina
Martina rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Ayesha Hussain
Ayesha Hussain rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Julianna
Julianna marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Maria
Maria added it
Jan 30, 2016
Zoe Rawlings
Zoe Rawlings rated it really liked it
Michelle Gibson
Michelle Gibson marked it as to-read
Bethany North
Bethany North rated it it was amazing
Alice
Alice rated it it was amazing
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Emma Acornley
Emma Acornley rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Alexis Deacon is an acclaimed author and illustrator. Beegu and Jitterbug Jam, both of which he illustrated, were named as New York Times Best Illustrated Children’s Books of the Year. He lives in London.
More about Alexis Deacon...