Start by marking “Cynful (Halle Shifters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cynful (Halle Shifters, #2)

Cynful (Halle Shifters #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  3,200 ratings  ·  119 reviews
To save the woman he loves, he must push his gifts to the brink.

Halle Shifters, Book 2

Julian DuCharme, a rare Spirit Bear with legendary healing powers, is finally free from the threat of death, finally free to claim his mate—but she’s not having it. While his Bear screams it’s time to mate, the love of his life wants to date.

Holding his Bear in check while convincing her
Published June 19th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Cynful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cynful

Steph
I have been waiting desperately for this book for a year now, since reading Bear Necessities last May.

I am really sad to say that this book just fell a little flat for me. I'm sure that Bear Necessities was funnier and sexier than this book. Or it might be that in the last year I have read so many more books that my reading tastes have changes... I'm not sure.

I did enjoy reading the book and Julian was absolutely adorable. I loved the way he kept fluttering his eyelashes at everyone (even t
Melindeeloo
Yay, Julian finally. I have been looking forward to this bearshifter's story since reading the previous book, Bear Necessities. I just thought that the 'spirit bear' thing was so cool, the visions, the healing powers and the whole shamanic mystical aura surrounding him.

Even with all that - plus some first class hunkiness going on as well - Julian is going to have to work to get his mate to accept him. Cyn's human and wants to - gasp - date, before she'll let him get past first base much less le
Lady Lioness
This probably would have been five stars except I thought the beginning was much stronger than the end. Julian gets emotionally overcome at one point and starts to cry. So sue me, I find it disconcerting when grown men cry, unless a funeral is involved.

Anyways, this was book 6 on my list of The Ten 2012 Books I Would Exercise Every Day for Two Weeks For. Overall, I have to say it would have been worth exercising for. Julian's attempts to bring Cyn around to his way of thinking were humorous and
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Jan 22, 2013 t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lovers of shifter romances
Recommended to t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ by: PA resident book pusher
Action! Adventure! WereBears!!!! Werewolves!! and Pumas! OH MY!!!

Description:

o save the woman he loves, he must push his gifts to the brink.

Cruth
Author: Dana Marie Bell
First published: 2012
Length: 4280 kindle locations
Setting: Halle, Pennsylvania. Contemporary (six weeks after book:Bear Necessities|8478990]).
Sex: explicit, frequent (heading to erotica).
Hero: Spirit Bear shifter and nurse (healer).
Heroine: Owns Tattoo parlour. Human. BFF of Tabby from book:Bear Necessities|8478990].
Includes: Excerpts from Artistic Vision by Dana Marie Bell, Savage Hunter by Shelli Stevens, Wolf Line by Vivian Arend.

What a lot of fun! Reminiscent of Shelly
MostlyDelores
I actually like Cyn better in this book than I did in Bear Necessities, but man was Glory annoying. And Emma. Emma was fine in Wallflower, but she's been kind of horrible ever since. That "the female of the species is deadlier than the male, except not really, look how cute she is, but seriously she will cut you". That. A little goes a long way.

I enjoyed it, but it was crowded with cameos from all kinds of previous books, and the plot seemed a little... unfinished?
Gennie Gee
4.5

Cynful by Dana Marie Bell is the second book of the Halle Shifters series, which is a spinoff series of the Halle Pumas. This is a good next installment in the series, but you probably will want to review all the previous books, including the Halle Puma books, before you read this book because ALL the characters from Halle are in play in this installment.

Cynthia “Cyn” Reyes is the fully human, quirky (and closet geek) tattoo artist of Halle’s Living Art. Cyn considers the women who work at Li
Guilty Pleasures
Gennie's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Cynthia ‘Cyn’ Reyes hopes life settles down now that her friend has finally mated. And she knows that Julian DuCharme is more than likely just what he says, her mate and a rare Spirit Bear shifter. But sometimes, a girl just wants to be courted and wooed, not taken for granted. When folks just keep trying to kill her and destroy her Tattoo shop, she will do whatever it takes to protect those she cares for. Julian DuCharme, for all his
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
CYNFUL was written with the sexy humor that I have come to expect from Dana Marie Bell, but I was a little let down with this book overall.

I don't like to write spoilers in my reviews, so let's just say that I didn't feel that Julian behaved like I thought his character should have behaved. I know she wanted to portray him as sort of a gentle giant, but a bear with the desire to claim his mate should have been more agressive... I didn't buy it!

Reviewed on I Bookie Nookie Reviews

_______________
Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector
I really enjoyed this read. Cyn is one of my favorite characters in the Halle community and I knew I would love her book. Cyn and Julian make a great couple because he is all laid back healer type while she is the fierce protector. I also love how close knit all the friends and family are.
Nicole
I'm stuck between rating this a 3 or 4. Little things just add up to big problems. Like Glory. Its an all out Bitch-a-thon with her. Ryan deserves so much more. Also when did Cyn actually fall for Julian? He loved her from the start while she runs hot and cold. Then the ending is so abrupt. BAM the end. Other than those things I liked being back in Halle. Hopefully Jamie end up with his own HEA along with Chloe and poor lost Heather.
Jill
3.5 stars. I am sad, I have loved all of these books, but this one not so much. It took forever for me to get into it. The spirit bear stuff was cool. The bad guy seemed to be pulled from no where. I don't know why but the previous book was just way better for me.
I am looking forward to Ryan and Glory's book also Chloe, really want to find out whats going to happen there. So this book was sort of like a bridger for me.
Mireya

I waited anxiously for this sequel because Bear Necessities was so good. My verdict: extremely disappointing. Cynful was as bad as Bear Necessities was good.The mystery part was okay, however, the antics of the Living Arts ladies got tired (and irritating) pretty early. Silly isn't ALWAYS funny and after a while hard to get is just mean and contrary.
Tammy Sargeant
Didn't like it as much as the first one. It wasn't as romantic as Tabby and Alex. Plus Cyn was a pain in the ass. Liked her in the first book but not so much in this. I felt no chemistry with Her and Julian. The sex was bland and seemed rush and forced. Julian was adorable. But geez he needs to man up, be aggressive or something. He just seemed so laid back to me it's annoying. All he does is heal and gets to the brink of death and they bring him back..-__- dude, just be a damn Vet or something. ...more
Donna
I loved the first book in this series so much I immediately purchased the next two. We met Cyn & Julian in the first book and knew that when they finally got together it would be something special. It was indeed. Cyn is a strong woman who needs someone who understands that and isn’t intimidated by it. Julian is not physically the strongest bear in town but he has gifts that make him stronger than most realize. He and Cyn complement each other in ways I hadn’t counted on. And beside the roman ...more
Ana
and Tai? and Jaime? and Chloe?
♡♥Ang ♥♡
LOVED LOVED LOVED cant wait for more!!
SANDRA
Jun 27, 2012 SANDRA rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone who enjoyed Bear Neccessities
Recommended to SANDRA by: Shiran
I could not in all fairness give this the five stars that I wanted to. There were parts of the story that did not make sense and also there were many questions that were not answered. Overall it was an okay story. I had waited for so long to read it that I think I may have hyped it up too much in my own mind and was let down not too much but enough. ")

So this book was about Cyn and Julian who we met in the previous book Bear Necessities. She is a very independent woman with a few scars of her ow
Angie
Synopsis: "To save the woman he loves, he must push his gifts to the brink.

Halle Shifters, Book 2

Holding his Bear in check while convincing her he’s not out to control her won’t be easy. She’s stubborn and a closeted geek—in other words, perfect for him.

Cyn
Judy  at Musings and Ramblings
This is the second book in the Halle Shifters series by Dana Marie Bell. I believe it is linked to the Halle Pumas series, which I have not read. In this book, the story from Bear Necessities continues. We knew that Julian DuCharme, nurse and good friend to Tabby was the mate to Cyn, Tabby's boss and mentor at the tattoo shop. But he could not claim her because "it wasn't time yet". Now that Julian feels ready, Cyn is dragging her heels.

The point of view switches between Julian and Cyn. While b
Emily
Julian DuCharme knew the moment he saw Cynthia "Cyn" Reyes that she was his mate. As a rare Spirit Bear who has the ability to heal others, Julian knew the time was not right for a couple of reasons. Julian knew danger was ahead and didn't want to mate with Cyn if there was a chance he wouldn't survive, the other reason is the prickly tempered female who seems hell bent at staying single.

Cyn saw her mother withdraw in her own marriage and vowed never to do that to herself. She wants Julian, but
Cindi
I'm kind of late to the party with this series. I only just read Bear Necessities a few days ago at the request of a friend. So I was able to pretty much jump right into this one without having to really refresh my memory in regards to what happened previously. After I read Bear Necessities, I went ahead and read some of the back stories in regards to those who are secondary characters in these. I haven't yet read Belinda's story or Gabe's but I will eventually. I wanted to be more familiar with ...more
Darcy
Part of me was annoyed with Cyn for not letting the mating take place, but the other part of me liked that she got to know Julian first, that by the time that they did mate she was demanding that he do it. I did feel bad for Julian as he waited for Cyn to come around, but he did seem to find a home in Halle. I really liked how Julian seems to get adopted by all the different groups of shifters and how they drove him nuts and perplexed him at the same time. The whole spirit bear thing was interes ...more
Tam B.
I read this book fairly fast. I'm going to have to re-read it just to savour it a little. I enjoyed the book. I liked that the banter and sexiness that was present in the first book was present in this one. I liked that this book pretty much picked up where Bear Necessities finished and that Julian and Cyn' got the full focus of the book regardless of all the drama happening around them.

SLIGHT SPOILER AHEAD

What annoyed me was that at the end of the book the damned riddle still hadn't been explai
 ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥
Rainy Dayz Reviewz

Author: Dana Marie Bell

There is something about Dana Marie Bell's books that just entrances me. It's like I start reading and next thing I know the whole day is gone. I can't do anything until I'm done reading the book! I've come to love all of the characters from the Halle Pumas/Shifters and Pocono's Pack. This is the best book of either series so far. I lovvvved it! The cover is super hot too.

If you read the first book from the Halle Shifters series Bear Nessesities then yo
Shiran
Cynful is book two in the Halle Shifters series and the first book Bear Necessities is one of my all time favourite books and the book that introduced me to Dana Marie Bell. I couldn't wait to read this book and see the story progress and it was great, not nearly as good as BN but still an awesome story.

The cover - as HOT as the cover of this book is I was a bit put off by it, when I read BN I pictured Julian as a hot 20 something but the model on the cover seems very old to me. It made it hard
Bookie | The BookChick
My Rating:

Book Description:
To save the woman he loves, he must push his gifts to the brink.

E_bookpushers
This was probably closer to a 3.5 start read. It was great to get back to the world of the Halle Shifters but this one seemed to be missing something. I loved the interaction between the original three ladies and how their personalities and relationships with each other stayed true. They were still under attack by a mysterious person who used several different methods. Personally I think they had multiple attackers and just didn't know it but we will have to wait and see if I was correct.

I think
Eva
6ht and 7th Aug
Bumping the rating down to 3 stars instead of the original 4
After rereading Bunny I decided to reread this one as well and I'm still not a fan.
Julian is still awesome.
Cyn is slightly less annoying, but I can't say the same for Glory.
Here's an idea. Ryan can bite Jim, Chloe can bite Glory, and brother and sister can then sit back, relax and wait for their mates to come to them instead of pining away in Chloe's case and slowly going mad and turning stalkerish in Ryan's case
  • Beneath the Skin (de La Vega Cats, #3)
  • Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)
  • Foxy Lady (Cougar Falls, #3)
  • Silver Mine (Takhini Wolves, #2)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • Hard Mated (Shifters Unbound, #3.5)
  • Mary and the Bear (True Mates, #2)
  • Wolf Tracker (After the Crash #3)
  • Worth Fighting For (Alpine Woods Shifters, #4)
Dana Marie Bell wrote her first short story when she was thirteen years old. She attended the High School for Creative and Performing Arts for creative writing, where freedom of expression was the order of the day. When her parents moved out of the city and placed her in a Catholic high school for her senior year she tried desperately to get away, but the nuns held fast, and she graduated with hon ...more
More about Dana Marie Bell...

Halle Shifters (4 books)
  • Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters, #1)
  • Bear Naked (Halle Shifters, #3)
  • Figure of Speech (Halle Shifters, #4)
Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters, #1) The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1) Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4) Cat Of A Different Color (Halle Pumas, #3) Sweet Dreams (Halle Pumas, #2)

“Glory, in the tattoo parlor, with the gun.” 2 likes