Start by marking “Lost Girls (Drake Chronicles, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Lost Girls (Drake Chronicles, #0.5)

Lost Girls (Drake Chronicles 0.5)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  629 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
A bonus story about Liam and Helena and how they met.
Published December 2011 by Walker Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Lost Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Girls

Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiGlitches by Marissa MeyerHana by Lauren OliverSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
123rd out of 609 books — 1,138 voters
Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutHalf-Blood by Jennifer L. ArmentroutDominion by Melody Manful
Best YA Dark Fantasy books of all time
112th out of 155 books — 56 voters

More lists with this book...

Amelie
Dec 26, 2015 Amelie rated it liked it
2,5 Sterne

Diese Kurzgeschichte war ganz nett zu lesen, aber so richtig begeistern konnte sie mich leider nicht. Ich muss sagen, dass ich auch den Altersunterschied sehr extrem fand. So Twilight-Style. Nur dass Liam ja wohl nicht aussieht wie 17, oder?
Elizabeth
Oct 20, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Source: This story came published in my paperback copy of Bleeding Hearts.

Note: These are my personal opinions. I received no outside person comments or opinions.

Let me first start out by saying that this was a short and cute little read. I was expecting something like Twilight when Helena and Liam first met but no, it was nothing like that. Again, Harvey gives us a strong female heroine to root for.

Plot Summary:

Helena is living on the streets and is associating herself with a group of gir
Lauren Kathryn
Aug 21, 2014 Lauren Kathryn rated it it was ok
This was okay, until I realised that Helena was sixteen when she, and I quote, fell madly in love with Liam. It was then made even creepier when he said that he would "return for her in two years when she was legal".

*Shudder*
Rachel
This was a cute little short story all about Helena and Liam Drake...

Helena had a rough life growing up and after her older brother died, her crazy mother threw her out of the house. So at the age of 16, she grew up pretty fast. She fell into this group of street girls and eventually came to be their leader. They called themselves the Lost Girls. They did everything they could to stay alive, even fighting in an underground ring for a sleazy guy for cash. Basically they all had each other's backs
Bronwyn
Apr 01, 2015 Bronwyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
v.v
Lost Girls Summary:
Helena is in a group of rag tag girls called the Lost Girls. This way she knows about vampires and she knows about Liam Drake, and Helena has a grudge against Liam, but still has feelings for him. If this sin`t hard enough, girls are getting kidnapped on the streets. Will Helena and Liam work together to stop this before Helena gets the same fate.

Lost Girl Review:
I found this book interesting. It was set in a different time all together and I found it fun because I felt l
Sadia
Dec 02, 2012 Sadia rated it really liked it
A quick review for a quick read.

This novella is a sweet little addition to the Drake Chronicles and I really did love it. I've always liked the way Liam and Helena were portrayed in the books but I never really thought of them as anything but Solange and her brothers' parents so it was a bit strange reading about the two of them at a young age.

The romance was a little insta-lovey but the overall effect of it was cute so I didn't mind too much. The characters really just made this novella for me,
Liz
Kim Chappell
Sep 13, 2012 Kim Chappell rated it really liked it
Ramla  Mahmud
May 07, 2013 Ramla Mahmud rated it it was amazing
my god, i forgot to review this. but holy shit, i didn't think my respect for Helena Drake could get any huge, but after this short story, i love her and would love to know someone as well-spoken as she is. The end with her and Liam and the last few lines made tears drip, and please be aware I was on a bus, in public, crying with a book in my hand. and i cried shamelessly. :( we never really get to know Liam in the series and to see him as brooding, mysterious, exciting, caring was a change i di ...more
Theresa
Jul 14, 2015 Theresa rated it it was amazing
A Drake Chronicles’ short bonus story included in the print version of book #4 ‘Bleeding Hearts’. It actually fits into the series as 0.5, but can be read separately. (Obviously since you don’t get it until #4).

This is the story on how Liam and Helena got together. It has Helena’s early years on the street teamed up with other young homeless girls trying to survive not only day-to-day but also against vampires. It also gives us some background information on how wicked Lady Natasha is even ba
Emese
Nov 25, 2014 Emese rated it it was ok
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Feb 15, 2013 Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) rated it really liked it
Instead of this being the first book (novella) in the Drake Chronicles that I should have read, it actually ended up being the last but you know what? It workded for me.
I actually got to see and get to know some old favorites this way and it was so nice! I really do miss this series now that it is over.
And while it probably is better to read these in order, I really think this one can be read anytime during the series.

Bruno! I had no idea he would be in this one, it was so much fun to see him a
Jun 11, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
I read this novella as an extra bonus the UK paperback of Blood Moon.

Lost Girls tells the story of how Liam and Helena first met. I don't want to say much about the story because it would be too easy to give spoilers but I really enjoyed getting to see them both before they married and had the children. It's easy to see them just as parents in the rest of the series and not think about the lives they had before they met so I liked this extra side to them. It was also great to get a better idea
Rema
Feb 14, 2014 Rema rated it it was amazing
I have to say even though Lost Girls was short, it was completely worth it. Oh god how I loved it.

I like Helena, but seeing her as a young girl makes me smile. Not much has changed. But it's interesting to know where she comes from and especially how she and Liam Drake met. Their meeting was cute, passionate, and short but totally worth it! It was amusing to read about Helena's reaction to a Drake. The ending was abrupt and I wonder if their story will continue. How do they reunite? Does Liam c
Joti
Jun 10, 2012 Joti rated it it was amazing
Michelle
Jul 22, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
This was cool to see how Helene and Liam met and fell in love.
Amber Ferreday
Apr 14, 2015 Amber Ferreday rated it it was amazing
Awesome bit of back story Helena is freaking awesome !!
Jennesis Quintana
Amanda
Dec 31, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
I'm torn on 3 & 4, and even 3.5. I am super in love with the parents from the series, so I loved getting to see more of how they became who they were. Except I'm so so so left wanting more. This is the promise of the whole world about to unfurl in front of them "in two years" and I want to know everything. But then that's true of every single part of The Drake Chronicles. I want to know everything about everything everywhere in this whole world and timeline and etc. Forever. End without end.
Sammy Nicholas
Sep 10, 2012 Sammy Nicholas rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect and I was surprised at how awesome this story was! Helena was bad-ass before she had kids and to see that side of Liam was just amazing. They were so cute and I really like this short story! This was so much better than I thought it would be and it was a decent length. I got really into this and loved every moment! It was so cute knowing how they turned out a few years later. This was just great, I have no other words for it!
Lissa
I loved Helena before, but now she's just epic :D
Lea Bourg'
Dec 17, 2013 Lea Bourg' rated it really liked it
Helena and Liam ... Do I really need to explain ?
I always loved Helena and her enthusiasm, her freak side of the trigger x) but here it's just magic !!
This short-story (too short for my taste) is a new way to rediscover the characters that we know well and that we totally love (especially Bruno,Kirian's father, Lucy's mother and especially her grand-mother who easily makes us understand where Lucie inherited her daredevil genes)
Stephanie
Mar 04, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
In love with this series. I love it so much. Helena and Liam are just adorable though part of me does wish we can get more of the story you know? When he returned for her. How she changed from how she was a lost girl till now. Of course we know about her through out the rest of the series but I would like to read it through Helena's or Liam's mind. Still amazing <3
Haley
Apr 15, 2014 Haley rated it liked it
Shelves: shorts
Everything in this happened a little too quickly for my tastes, but it was still fun and I do love Helena, and this is the first time I've really seen an author have characters address the age issue between a teenager and an ancient (okay, 81-year-old in this case) vampire being together, even if it was a brief conversation. So I appreciated that.
Bethany
Aug 26, 2012 Bethany rated it it was amazing
I really love these books the stories are short but full. I am sad to find that the next will be the last and really hope that she write a spin off for Lucy she is a to die for female and i want to know more of her and Nic.
Daniella Aizen
Apr 01, 2013 Daniella Aizen rated it it was amazing
This was a great little mini story about Helena and Liam's love story, and how they got 2gether, and of course I LOVED Helena, shes just an awesome lady, and Liam is cool and calm, perfect fit for each other, it was soo cool!!!
Kelly
Mar 10, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own-3
omg omg just all the loves for the short all the loves. Harvey just knows how to write a kick ass romance (with some bite) I'd really recommended reading it I'd give it 20 stars if I could!
Kimberly
Mar 31, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this short novella about Helena and Liam's courtship. I hope Harvey does another one about them soon. It was wonderful to see them as friends/lovers, young, without the family.
 Carter
Sep 30, 2012 Carter rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great story, would have loved to see it a whole novel but still i think it was still enjoyable and gave me more of the drake Characters that i love
FINAILY!!! 1 19 Mar 25, 2012 03:26PM
  • The Gathering (Channie, #0.5)
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • Passing (Crusade Short Story)
  • Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)
  • Vampire Kisses - Blood Relatives: Complete Edition
  • Night World: Ash and Mary-Lynnette: Those Who Favor Fire (Night World, Extras)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Birth of the Pack (Weregirls, #1)
  • Pemba's Song: A Ghost Story
  • Do-Over
  • Summer (Witch Season, #1)
  • The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel (The Dark Divine, #2.5)
  • Bitten (Dangerous Girls, #1-2)
  • Pretty Dead
  • Gone Collection (Gone #1-4)
  • Elemental Dawn (Paranormal Public, #4)
3020684
www.alyxandraharvey.com

Alyxandra Harvey lives in a stone Victorian house in Ontario, Canada with a few resident ghosts who are allowed to stay as long they keep company manners. She loves medieval dresses, used to be able to recite all of The Lady of Shalott by Tennyson, and has been accused, more than once, of being born in the wrong century. She believes this to be mostly true except for the fac
More about Alyxandra Harvey...

Drake Chronicles (6 books)
  • My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)