3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  516 ratings  ·  33 reviews
A Cinderella story . . .

Claire Kendrick didn't know what to think when she was summoned to the 50th floor to meet the president of Callahan, International. As handsome, blue-eyed Nick Callahan explained her special assignment --- writing an article about him for CEO Magazine --- Claire's apprehensions grew. There was something he wasn't telling her, something odd that she...more
Published 1991 by Kismet

To ask other readers questions about For Services Rendered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Services Rendered

Anne OK
A short and fast to read contemporary romance. Likable characters but the storyline was a replay of so many others. Contract marriage between two people with selfish needs of their own. And yes, they finally admit their love is real. You get a rushed and abrupt ending that leaves alot of unfinished business to the imagination.
Latte
Neither of the main characters are terribly likeable. They aren't unlikeable. They just aren't likeable. And nothing in the storyline compels the reader to feel as if they're doing anything more than just slogging through the story.
Rachel
There's a reason I haven't read a romance novel from the romance genre aisle of the bookstore (or Amazon - and I think this would have been one of the smaller 'romance line' books) in years and years and years. In all honesty, this was a Kindle freebie and it also had no cover so I didn't really know what I was getting into (I also tend to forget what the books on my Kindle are about and choose randomly what to read next - but enough about me.)

The hero of this book's goal in life was to find a w...more
Melissa

By Patricia Kay

Claire Kendrick works for Nick Callahan, he wants more with her. What he wants is a real family, a home, and children; but when he allows his feelings to get involved he always makes a mess of things and in business he can’t afford to lose focus again.

Claire’s mother, Kitty, is in a nursing home, she badly wounded in a boating accident that killed her father. Now her mental abilities are no more than a two year old, and she needs the constant care. The nursing...more
Melinda
First. I'm glad I got this book free through book lending dot com. The book is lacking - seriously lacking. First I find it kind of laughable that the author bio says that she teaches writing classes because this book breaks every cardinal rule of writing - too many adverbs, too much telling instead of showing. And way too many glaringly out of place words ( and misused at that). Anathema and incongruous and other words that were clearly looked up in a thesaurus and inserted to sound more litera...more
Deborah Richardson
This is a story about a marriage of convenience between Nick Callahan and Claire Kendrick.
Nick is a very handsome, very successful and very rich president of a multimillion dollar company. Nick has never had a problem dating and getting any woman that he wanted and often did. He would date a woman until she started to become possessive, clingy and started to see marriage in their future and them he would dump them. Nick wasn't always this way, in fact he was in love with and married to a woman n...more
Jody
For Services Rendered is an excellent title for this story but at the same time it not what I expected ~ oh, so much better! Clair is a intelligent, beautiful and reasonable woman; Nick, the CEO of the firm where she worked found her attractive and proposed an agreement to marry and have children. He would take care of the increasing financial burden of her mother in a nursing home and she would agree to be his 'perfect' wife. Clair's character was sweet and she fell in love with Nick from the f...more
Becky
I gave it a rating of 3 not because I didn't like the book, but because the whole story made me so angry. I couldn't even get into the romantic parts being so mad. I hated Nick from the start to finish. He was an arrogant,rich, controling creep who took advantage of a naive woman. The way he treated her was nothing less than forms of abuse. I kept telling myself "It's just a story", but I can really see how a woman can get into an abusive relationship when she is so vulnerable in reality. I didn...more
Jamie
I really enjoyed this story. However, the ending was blunt and felt rushed like the author just wanted it over with. This is the reason for the 3 stars.
Jean
Clair and Nick are the two main characters in this typical romantic novel. Clair is hired by Nick to write an article for publication in a leading business magazine. What she doesn't anticipate when she accepts the assignment is that she will become romantically involved with Nick. Nick, on the other hand, is a very successful business man, but has one failure to take credit for in his life--his first marriage was a sham. Easy read and plenty of romance thrown into the plot.
Melissa Maxwell
I really liked the book a lot but felt the ending was a bit of a cop out that is why their was a lost star. The story was good and Nick and Claire had passion for one another. There was a little depth to the book but not enough to completely engulf my thoughts. I believe an epilogue would have given the book the extra star. I wanted a more happily ever after with a baby not just a maybe.
Cornélia
for a free kindle book this one was good. The writing style was nice.

some poeple have reservation about N motives and feel sorry for the poor C I didn't see it like that.
I liked that I could understand both side. Tough N sad background story was so close, almost the same as an other from a book I read like a month ago or so that I got bored with him.

anyway ok book.

Mandy Fernandez
This book was okay - not horrible but rather predictable. A non-committal arranges for a marriage of convenience and the wife is in love with him. Eventually he admits he loves her too. It was light and fluffy but an easy, quick read on my Kindle that I read quickly on my first week home with a newborn.
Katy
Good lighthearted read
I thought the emotions and overall plot of the book were great. What I didn't care for was how the female character's personality seemed to change drastically and then go back towards her original description. Not the best, not the worst but definitely a sweet story.
Clarke
2.5 stars. Business tycoon picks a wife out of his employees. Desperate women agrees to marriage to help keep her life afloat. Love, anger and sadness follow.

If you like bossy/stubborn and clueless men with a strong naïve woman this book is for you.
Wendy
Nicely written story that I enjoyed reading. A bit predictable with the HEA ending. Would love to see a sequel with the story and characters expanded instead of a stand alone read. All in all, it was a fast and smooth read.
Bette Hansen
A poignant love story about a woman alone in the world looking for unconditional love and a man looking for someone who wants him for more than what his money can buy them. Highly recommended.
Chanpreet
This is my first book by Patricia Kay and it was really enjoyable. I felt that the only thing left hanging was having children part which leaves room for a sequel.
Maggie Le Page
It was an average read. Light, predictable, and fairly cliched, but with kids running around underfoot it was probably just as well!
Desertgirl
I just don't like romance that's all about drama and doesn't have even a little humor or suspense or preferably both in it.
You know how it is going to end but it is a fun and quick read for something light!!!
Laurie
Enjoyable and predictable read. Not a lot of depth. Claire and Nick were fun characters.
SandraE
This book is your standard married for other reasons that turns into love.
Shonnie
I enjoyed this read. Sorta like a Harlequin novel but not as sappy.
Cyndi Hackett
I liked the book but some of it was predictable.
Kimi
Cute love story. I really enjoyed this one.
Silvia
Damn that was a waste of time :/
Jayme
Good idea, needed to be developed more.
rachel
  • Freed by You
  • Devil in Texas
  • Mountain Song
  • Babies in the Bargain
  • Dixie Rebel (The Carolina Magnolia Series #1)
  • Right Moves (Playing With the Boys, #1)
  • Reconnected (Connected #1)
  • Forgotten Vows...? (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #598)
  • Hotter Than Hot (Pecan Creek, #0.5)
  • Forecast (Shakespeare Sisters, #1)
  • Better Late Than Never (Adrianna's, #2)
  • A Perfect Fit (DiCarlo Brides #1)
  • Our Little Secrets
  • The Marker

This author also writes under the name Ann Patrick and Trisha Alexander

Patricia Ann Kay was born on 7 March 1937 in a small town in northeastern Ohio, USA, where she raised along with three younger sisters. She considers herself a very lucky woman. The family didn’t have a...more
More about Patricia Kay...
Home for Christmas Let's Make It Legal Wrong Groom, Right Bride The Billionaire and His Boss (The Hunt for Cinderella, #3) Betting on Love

“You can't read all the time.” 1 likes