Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Oseidon Adventure” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Oseidon Adventure

Doctor Who: The Oseidon Adventure (Big Finish Fourth Doctor Adventures #1.6)

3.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The first time the fearsome Kraals attempted to take over the Earth, with the help of their android agents, things didn't go quite according to plan – thanks to the time-travelling alien Doctor and his allies at UNIT.

This time, Marshal Grinmal and his belligerent cohorts are ready for them. This time, they'll make no mistakes. This time, Chief Scientist Tyngworg has not ju
Audio CD
Published June 30th 2012 by Big Finish Productions

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

John Keegan
Jul 24, 2012 John Keegan rated it liked it

Wrapping up the first season of the Fourth Doctor Adventures, this also serves as the follow-up to the previous audiodrama, "Trail of the White Worm". It starts off as a bit similar to the plot of "The Avengers", of all things, before taking a bit of an unexpected turn. Sadly, the turn that it takes is a bit of a reminder of the limitations of audiodrama.

I'll refrain from too many spoilers once again, since it's more fun to see how the pieces fit together in terms of the overall continuity, but
Christopher Buchanan
Basically a bunch of fan wank. It's a redo of 'Android Invasion' with the Master thrown in. And don't get me wrong, I'm not downing it for being fan wank. I enjoy a bit of that now and then. No shame in it. But this was a friggin' rip off from the word go and had I not got it on a special I might actually want my money back. This is basically the second part of 'The Trail of the White Worm'. Both stories are only 2 episodes long and neither one of them is a stand alone story. What a rip off! I h ...more
Yosef Shapiro
May 04, 2015 Yosef Shapiro rated it liked it
The Kraals were only featured one time in the original series . The question is, do we care enough about them to warrant their return? The voice acting, as usual , was great ! I kept thinking that the Kraal sounded like a Sontaran. Then, I realized that one of the voices was dan Starkey, a Sontaran on TV. In the interviews at the end, they talk about how they created the voice. But honestly, I didn't see much of a difference. It was enjoyable . But, not a great story .
Miss Zero
Mar 03, 2014 Miss Zero rated it really liked it
Pretty decent conclusion to the first season of the Fourth Doctor Adventures. While the story has elements of previous stories from television, there is some neat and inventive stuff going on, like the inability to tell a clone from the real person. It was a nice twist and form of trickery I enjoyed. UNIT is in this, although it seems like they didn't really do a whole lot to contribute to the story.
Shawn
Jul 28, 2014 Shawn rated it liked it
Shelves: time-travel
This was good in and of itself. The problem with this one comes right at the beginning. You are thrown into an adventure that has clearly already began with no explanation what so ever. So you take most of the time catching yourself up to where the adventure is. It would have been much better with some sort of introduction.
Keith
Mar 02, 2016 Keith rated it liked it
Android duplicates, galloping between planets on a stallion, and tyrannical nostalgia all add up to a fairly weak audio drama. I enjoyed this as only a reminisce of the Tom Baker era. It lacked innovation and surprise. The dialogue was only OK.
Christopher Hatch
Mar 24, 2016 Christopher Hatch rated it it was ok
It was okay, certainly not fantastic.
Ausir
Jan 18, 2013 Ausir rated it liked it
Another forgettable adventure. Big Finish should do more original stories instead of reusing old storylines and villains all over again.
Steven
Aug 30, 2014 Steven rated it liked it
The Kraal attempt to invade the Earth, while the Doctor is trapped on their irradiated home world, Oseidon.
Debra Cook
Jan 21, 2016 Debra Cook added it
Shelves: audiobooks
The Doctor and Leela try to stop the Master from stealing a battery to jump his time machine.
Jason Chuang
Jason Chuang rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Hannah Emory
Hannah Emory rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
George McGowan
George McGowan rated it liked it
May 06, 2016
Tony Kornkven
Tony Kornkven rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Lynn
Lynn added it
Apr 23, 2016
Jadetyger Sevea
Jadetyger Sevea marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
07jonesj
07jonesj marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Cristian
Cristian rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Oliver Böttcher
Oliver Böttcher rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
James
James added it
Mar 15, 2016
Vinnie Inpijn
Vinnie Inpijn marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Phillip
Phillip rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
SC Riley
SC Riley rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
John Mossell
John Mossell rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Alan Barnes is a British writer and editor, particularly noted for work in the field of cult film and television. Barnes served as the editor of Judge Dredd Megazine from 2001 until December 2005, during which time the title saw a considerable increase in the number of new strip pages. Among other strips, Barnes originally commissioned The Simping Detective. He also wrote a handful of Judge Dredd ...more
More about Alan Barnes...

Big Finish Fourth Doctor Adventures (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Doctor Who: Destination: Nerva