Start by marking “Tempted (Dark Protectors, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Tempted (Dark Protectors, #2.5)

Tempted (Dark Protectors #2.5)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,425 Ratings  ·  182 Reviews
CONSTANT DANGER

On the run from a mental institution and her vindictive half-brother, it’s safe to say that Sarah Pringle’s happy life as a schoolteacher is on hold. Too bad that as far as self-defense goes, “run and hide” is the best she’s got. And with the monsters that started her escape hot on her heels, that’s not going to cut it for long…

INSTANT LUST

That is, unless Sa
Published March 27th 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tempted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted

Claire Robinson
4 - "Sorry, vamp. Not going to happen." Stars!

Rebecca Zanetti, managed to pack an awful lot of story into this novella. I wish it had been longer and that is the only reason I dropped it down a star. I think Max and Sarah had enough going for them to get a full length book.

We have seen glimpses of Max throughout the previous books as he is Janie’s main guard. I have had a soft spot for him since the beginning; I mean who wouldn’t go all squishy for a guy who is happy to let a little girl paint h
Jessica Hatfield
What a great lil novella. I loved getting to see more of Max. I loved him from the first two books and Sarah was great. This story had so much meat to it. It didn't feel rushed or like something is missing like most Novella I read. I think it could have been a full novel though, but it was great getting to see max fall in love and get his HEA.
Capri (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog)
I was excited that Max got his own book. Wish it was full length, but I will take what ever I can get with these sexy heroes, Rebecca has created. I have been curious about Max since the beginning of this series when he started being Janie’s bodyguard.

Loved how we got to see his past and how he became Janie’s bodyguard. He is so sweet to Janie in Fated #1 and Claimed #2, but it was a treat to see him with her for the very first meeting in the beginning of Tempted. It is amazing how this huge va
CC

Loved it!

This is what I was hoping for from this series!

It focused on the couple, but did not ignore the overall storyline. They were both likable (although I already loved Max from book 1), hot for each other, the story moved fast (it was a novella)and had a happy ending! Yippee!

Bev

Loved this, Max intrigued me in the previous two books with how he was putty in Janie's hands so I really wanted his story. For a novella this was brilliant, paced just right with just enough information not to leave the reader wanting. Both characters were perfect for each other with no unnecessary drama and the best bit - I got more than a peek or two of Conn and Jase.
AJ
4 short but still action-packed, sexy and badass stars

This is a solid novella that is romantic and exciting with lots of paranormal action, and Max and Sarah’s story fits nicely into the Dark Protector world.

Max’s role in the series so far has primarily been that of Janie’s guard. A big, dangerous vampire who is fiercely protective of his charge and who is happy to play go fish and have his nails painted by a 4 year old. What’s not to love?

Sarah has recently escaped from a mental institution an
Julia's Book Haven
Max <3 Wish his story would have been longer and had more Janie scenes, but still, Max! <3
Laura the Highland Hussy
Read my review at Demon Lover's

3.5

This is a good novella and easy to slip into the world. For some reason I thought this was aliens, but I guess not? It's vampires and Kurjans. But I'm not sure if they're otherworldly or what.

Sarah has escaped the psych hospital where her half-brother had her committed, and she's on the run. She had a run-in with the Kurjans, but thinks they are vampires...monsters. Her half-brother Andrew wants her controlling shares in their grandfather's pharmaceuticals comp
T.J. Shaw
Oct 14, 2013 T.J. Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
It’s been a long time since I sat down and read a book in one sitting…a long time. And I fell into TEMPTED by accident. I’d signed up for a giveaway of Ms. Zanetti’s latest release, SHADOWED over at Tome Tender Book Blog (http://tometender.blogspot.com/), although I didn’t win, the book sounded interesting. Then while scanning through my Kindle looking for the next read, I saw that I had TEMPTED. What a great discovery TEMPTED and Ms. Zanetti turned out to be. TEMPTED is a wonderful take on the ...more
Delta
Mar 22, 2015 Delta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of Dark Protectors series
Dee
3.5 Stars

Pretty good for a novella - a little book with a lot of story containing plenty of action.
Judy
Apr 23, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tempted by Rebecca Zanetti
Book 2.5 in the Dark Protectors Series
Humans with enhanced abilities such as Sarah Pringle has, are potential mates for the vampires. So the Kurjan's are trying to destroy their mates and possible mates with a virus. Max is one of the good guys. And he finds himself suddenly in charge of a small human girl, Janie, who makes his cold heart warm. Not warm enough to have a mate to protect as well...or maybe that choice is not his once he meets Sarah Pringle.

Sarah escaped t
Nikki Brandyberry
Apr 11, 2012 Nikki Brandyberry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bodyguard and warrior, Max always gets his man. In this case he’s not after a man though, he’s after a scared woman on the run. Sarah knows what she saw and what she saw was a vampire attack. Labeled as crazy and shut away she escapes only to run into the one thing everyone tells her isn’t real…..a vampire. Except Max doesn’t want to kill her, he claims to want to help her if she’ll help him. He and his band of vampire brothers need access to a lab only Sarah can get them into. Does Sarah dare h ...more
Yessica
The plot was okay with the feamle lead spending time in a psych ward abroad due to her brother's greed and need for controlling the family fortune without her in the way. She meets the hero and they fall into sudden lust, with the hero declaring that he dosen't want a mate. They go through several trials, she meets the kayer's brothers and learn more about Max, his childhood and how he was brought into the Kayr's family.

I liked the plot but my problem with Rebecca's females still stands. They ar
Maria
Apr 21, 2015 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm telling you... this series is getting even better! This was only a novella but I loved it!!

Maddux
This one started out interesting... but then I blinked... and I have no idea if I missed some of the story. Because this then that. And then they were here. And mated. In love. And it was disjointed just like this review.

April   ♥"LOS" ♥
This was a quick and easy read. It gave the reader some back story on Max (Janie's babysitter) and it was an introduction to another mate. I don't know how much of a role Max and Sarah will play throughout the rest of the series, but it was nice to learn more about them.
Lucy Dosch
Apr 06, 2012 Lucy Dosch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

See more at EBookObsessed including my interview with Rebecca Zanetti.

I love Max!! He was one of my favorite characters in this series since he first showed up in Fated (See my favorite scene) and this big, burly, dangerous vampire lets this tiny, little girl paint his fingernails for losing at Go Fish. How awesome is he!!

I only gave it four stars since the story was so short, we barely get to meet Sarah and we really only get a very brief story. It was enjoyable, but I would have liked more.

Debrac2014
Good novella! Max finds his mate.
Kathy
Sep 23, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tempted (Dark Protectors, #2.5) by Rebecca Zanetti by Rebecca Zanetti is the book #2.5 in the Dark Protectors series. I really like this series!

Vampires and shape shifters and witches… Oh my!

Here is the chronological reading order of this series:
1. Fated Dark Protectors #1

I have re
Tiffany
Dec 18, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Sarah is a survivor. Put in mental hospital by her evil half brother she escaped to motel where evil Kurjans attack. Max 200 yr old a vampire protector rescues her even though she's made Kurjans presence in the human world known. Raised by her grandfather, she and her half brother Andrew own stock in their family's pharmaceutical company. That same company Andrew has teamed with the Kurjans to create a virus that attacks vampire mates changing them into less than human creatures.The protectors n ...more
Theresa
Feb 16, 2015 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. Max is great. Spending time with Katie must have mellowed him, because he’s a lot gentler and understanding than the others, yet still sexy. He’s got it right. He’s the security expert so he expects obedience in those situations all else is open for discussion and negotiation. But even the during the sex, he allows her some ‘apparent’ control.

The whole situation on the helicopter and then later at the hospital sounded too awkward from the beginning. They wouldn’t be ta
Becca
Mar 25, 2014 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
FINALLY! A dark protectors book I totally loved! Max did it right! He provided the perfect balance between dominance/alphamaleness and sweet understanding. I was super thrilled to finally read one of these that followed the awesome story line and yet didn't make me want to throw it away any time a sex scene popped up.

I totally loved this book! I honestly just wish it wasn't a short half book. I like Max a lot and greatly enjoyed learning more about him. It was nice to see that these vampire men
Amy Softa
Apr 26, 2014 Amy Softa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick read, only a 90 page novella. So far I don’t think it has a major role in the greater story arch, but does introduce Max’s mate to the world. It would probably be alright to skip if you are reading the series. It would be shame though because even though it was short it was really a fun read.

This story starts off like the others with a great action scene that draws you in and grabs you. It reminded me of how the first story started, although there are enough difference to make it
Christine
"Tempted" is the first of the Dark Protectors series that I've read.

It's a novella, so there's not a lot of time to get to know Sarah and Max. She's a teacher on the run from the insane asylum where's she was involuntarily committed by her creepy brother. Max and a few fellow vampires rescue her...She and Max fall in love, they have hot sex, he bites her, The End.

Zanetti does a pretty good job of explaining the 'rules' of the Dark Protectors, considering how short the book is. Her vampires are m
Liz Lovesrainbows
Excellent! Read it out of order but it just makes me want to read the rest of the series!! Loved it!!
Ashley Wallace
Sigh... This was just too short for my liking but that's only because I love these characters!
Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur )
Another awesome installment in the Dark Protector Series!!
Mai Lewis Buwee
May 02, 2012 Mai Lewis Buwee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely, just too short. Another great novella Rebecca.
Gaele
AudioBook Review: Stars: Overall 4 Narration 5 Story 4

Oh I think I love Max! Russian by birth, he is completely sure that his heart does not exist. That is until Dage assigns him to watch over and protect Janie. In seconds, the little girl shared a secret, asked to be his friend, and made the singularly BEST Reveal EVER. While all of the vampires in this story have eyes that glow with a metallic shine, only Max has shiny and sparkly PINK eyes. It’s a wonderful juxtaposition for the big, bad, rou
  • Lucas (Vampires In America, #6)
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Inferno (Tales of the Were, #2)
  • Falling for You (Trueblood, #2)
  • Finding Chrissten (Legacy, #5)
  • Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
  • Blood Father (Blood Curse, #6)
  • Jared (The Protectors, #2)
  • Seeking Pack Redemption (Pack, #3)
  • Vampire Dreams Revamped (Sons of Navarus, #0.5)
  • Called by Blood (The Faustin Bros., #1)
  • Darkness Surrendered (Order of the Blade #3)
  • Bound By Blood
  • His Choice (Dante's Circle, #3.5)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.
More about Rebecca Zanetti...

Dark Protectors (7 books)
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
  • Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2)
  • Hunted (Dark Protectors, #3)
  • Consumed (Dark Protectors, #4)
  • Provoked (Dark Protectors, #5)
  • Shadowed (Dark Protectors, #6)
  • Marked (Dark Protectors, #7)