Start by marking “Snow White Sorrow (The Grimm Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Snow White Sorrow (The Grimm Diaries, #1)

Snow White Sorrow (The Grimm Diaries #1)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,036 Ratings  ·  264 Reviews
What if all you knew about fairy tales was wrong?

Sixteen year old Loki Blackstar is no Prince Charming. His mother is a ghost. His only friend is a red Cadillac that sings to him through the radio. He looks like an Angel but acts like jerk. No wonder he has been banned from Heaven, which is the least of his troubles. Loki needs a job to pay for school and support himself.

S
Published May 30th 2013 by J A W I G I

Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverThese Broken Stars by Amie KaufmanThe Darkest Minds by Alexandra BrackenSoulless by Gail CarrigerSince You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Kéž by vyšlo v ČR, verze 2015
17th out of 383 books — 601 voters
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareUnravel Me by Tahereh MafiThe Elite by Kiera CassEverbound by Brodi AshtonBoundless by Cynthia Hand
Beautiful Book Covers of 2013
128th out of 587 books — 2,130 voters

More lists with this book...

Ava Oceana
Jun 25, 2013 Ava Oceana marked it as to-read
This is the synopsis vs other books. I'm not commenting on the content of the book; simply pointing out the similarities of the blurb, so take your little rant elsewhere, please.

SNOW WHITE SORROW: He looks like an Angel but acts like jerk [...] He is a Dreamhunter [...]

CITY OF BONES: It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk.

SNOW WHITE SORROW: When Loki is sent to kill a sixteen-year-old vampire girl the locals call Snow
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Jun 26, 2013 Kat (Lost in Neverland) marked it as to-read

Sixteen year old Loki Blackstar is no prince charming.

Loki Blackstar. Loki. Blackstar. Loki and Black Star.

description

Here's what I think of when I hear Loki Blackstar.

Loki

and

Black Star

Result:

Danielle
Jan 10, 2013 Danielle marked it as to-read
Obviously none of you have read his short story prequels which is based on the Grimm fairy tales. These are retellings of fairytales and the world Cameron Jace created is nothing like Mortal Instruments or any other novel mentioned . I do not see how the covers are similar. Read his short stories and you will have a better understanding.
I'm Booked
Aug 10, 2014 I'm Booked rated it did not like it
My name is Jen, but for the remainder of this review feel free to just think of me as the voice of reason. Snow White Sorrow has a lot of inexplicably good reviews, which is why I'm taking the time to share my honest assessment of this book; In my opinion, it just *might* be The Worst Book I've ever had the misfortune to read and if I can spare just one soul the torture that I experienced while reading this book then I'll consider writing this review time well spent.

If writing is a labor of love
Ai Haibara
Me reading the blurb:

And here's why:
Loki has a rare gift: He is a Dreamhunter. One of the few in the world who can hunt and kill immortal demons in their dreams so they never wake up again.

The real Snow White...is a beautiful monster girl filled with rage and hurt, who has an epic untold story ...Snow White has killed every person who has dared come near the castle where she once lived with the queen. Mysteriously, she lets Loki live.

description

Of course she lets him live! How else are they going to have e
Natasha
May 27, 2013 Natasha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
How in the hell can you people leave a review for a book you haven't even read? Judging by some of your idiotic reviews, most of you haven't even read the prequels. This book hasn't even fully been released yet but I won an early copy of it in exchange for a review. I suck at giving great reviews, so here's my input.

The anticipation leading up to this book has been worth it. You're coming into this book when most of the fairy tale characters don't know who they really are at this point, although
Mar 26, 2015 Sarah marked it as to-read
Sat
Aug 03, 2013 Sat rated it really liked it
It does sound like Anna Dressed in Blood but except for the blurb, they're nothing alike. Snow White Sorrow is an interesting take on the classic fairy tale, Snow White. I love everything about the magical world Cameron Jace has spun. It's whimsical, goofy and romantic. I love the characters, even the small ones. Georgie Porgie, Skeliman the Ferryman (sometimes the Libraryman), that vampire in Forks who was killed by Loki but was resurrected and "appears in the twilights", they cracked me up. Lo ...more
Katherine
Jul 20, 2015 Katherine rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED LOVED this book. I have never read Anna Dressed in Blood however I have read City of Bones and I can assure you that I found no similarities whatsoever. I was hesitant to get this book because of how people were saying its not original. Trust me, It is VERY original and Jace does a wonderful job of making this story his own. I am so happy I downloaded Cameron Jace's story and you will be too. If you have time....GO READ THIS!! :)
Kimberley doruyter
Apr 01, 2015 Kimberley doruyter rated it it was amazing
there are no strong enough to say how amazing this book is.
if i could i'd give it a 100 stars.
Phoenix2
Mar 19, 2016 Phoenix2 rated it it was ok
To be honest, I was disappointed by this book. After "Insanity" I was expecting something equal to it, but "Snow White Sorrow" is more like a preteens novel rather than an exciting YA. It got me more than what I expected to take me to finish it and the last few chapters I just speed read them. The first part had little interest, with things happening way too quick and the plot was a little messed up and boring. Then there were the descriptions of Snow white, one after the other, being repeaten a ...more
zapkode.marie
{my thoughts} - The main character in this book is Loki Blackstar. He is a half – angel that has been banned from heaven. He is a fascinating character because he is brought back to the ordinary world after being shadowed and left with no recollection of who he is or his past. His main goal throughout the book is to kill vampires in order to be accepted back into heaven which he has been lead to believe is his home. However, when he is unable to meet the quota of ninety-nine dead vampires by his ...more
Jackie Chapman
May 06, 2012 Jackie Chapman marked it as to-read
The synopsis has a stunning resemblance to Anna Dressed In Blood and the cover reminds me a lot like the cover templates of the Mortal Instruments series ( particularly City of Lost Souls ). Even the author's last name is an uncanny resemblance to Jace Wayland. ( coincidental much? ) But I am super excited to read this one anyway!
Barbora
Apr 03, 2015 Barbora rated it really liked it
Píše se rok 2012 a do města Sorrow přijíždí skoro šestnáctiletý kluk Loki Blackstar najatý, aby zabil jednu upírku. Má však dva problémy: dostal na to jen týden času a druhý, vážnější, má strach, že by se do té nestvůrné dívky mohl zamilovat, protože už se to prý jednou stalo. Tak začíná příběh o tom, že pohádky nejsou vždy šťastné a veselé a že sny mají velkou moc. Jak z pohledu snílka, tak z pohledu toho, kdo spícího upíra zabil.

Jsou místa, která jsou upřímně dobrá a jsou místa, která jsou ta
Tina
Jun 03, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

A lovely read! I'll admit I kinda hated it in the beginning because I thought the humor/quirks in the beginning were a little too childish for me (like Loki's inability to resist saving squirrels), but Cameron Jace's storytelling was too good to pass up.

I may be a bit biased since I'm such a sucker for fairy tales (especially Snow White!) whether they're Disney versions or the original. Though I wasn't a huge fan in the beginning, I slowly warmed up to the story as it progressed. Some sc
Z Lee
May 11, 2012 Z Lee marked it as to-read
Shelves: favorites
Although I am biased toward Snow White and the Huntsman movie, when I first read about this book I was like:

[image error]

Because since Neil Gaiman's short story Snow, Glass, Apples, I wished someone would write a long book about what if Snow White was a vampire. Yeah.

description

then it suddenly hit me that this could be like this:

please make it like the above. I would love it. can't wait to read it
btw it's my first review trying to add animated images. I 've done it yay.
Sudichka
Jun 18, 2013 Sudichka marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: ADIB and COB fans -.-
Anna Dressed in blood + City of Bones. Copy much?

Anna Dressed in Blood: A murderous ghost of a girl filled with rage and fury. And for whatever reason, she spares his life.

Snow White Sorrow: A monster girl filled with rage and hurt. Mysteriously, she lets Loki live.

And Loki looks like an Angel but acts like a jerk. City of Bones?

I mean, I won't judge straight away though. Maybe the book isn't as it seems? Maybe its nothing like Anna dressed in blood or City of Bones?
I'll then only write a suitab
Susan ...so many books and so little time
....ok...there are many good things about this book...but there are things that I really didn't like...one being the main character...Loki. I, just for some reason could not get drawn to him...it was very hard to finish this book...because I just did not care about him. I loved the writing style...and the many characters popping up...but I just could not fall in love with Loki and his story...
Sophie
Jun 19, 2012 Sophie marked it as just-no
Similarities to Anna aside...
"He looks like an Angel but acts like jerk."
Coincidence of all coincidences, look what I found in the blurb for City of Bones!
"It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk."

There is something drastically wrong with books that are published even with such blatant copying.
Donna Bossert
May 31, 2013 Donna Bossert rated it it was amazing
unfriggn real!!!! this book will blow all those little singing blue birds outta the air!!! snow white is a vampire, The evil Queen is even more Evil then you thought and the hero is not who you thought. Mr Jace has done it again, he has taken a sweet happy fairy tale and twisted it till its awsome!!! you will not be sorry!!
Judy
May 03, 2012 Judy marked it as to-read
This synopsis sounds a lot like Anna Dressed in Blood.
Anna
Jun 21, 2013 Anna rated it it was ok
Charle Bachmann
Jun 11, 2013 Charle Bachmann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairytale, reviewed
Snow White: YES! I LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!

Vampires: *sparkle coming to mind* Euhhrrgh...

Loki Blackstar. I think someone pointed this out already, but, for good measure, I HAVE to add my bit in.

LOKI. BLACK. STAR.

I think I just went to book heaven. Soul Eater name combined with a Fairytail name? I don't even care if Snow White sparkles to see THAT written in a book. And no matter how similar the cover may be to that of another sitting on my lovely bookshelf right now, I quite like the sight of it. Not j
Sondra
Jul 14, 2013 Sondra rated it it was amazing
UPDATED REVIEW: As an adult reading a young adult fantasy novel about fairy tales, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this twist on the famous tale of Snow White and the Huntsman. While the book started out in my opinion a little too slow, lagging at times as the main character, Loki, finally arrived in the city of Sorrow, once Snow White appeared the book's pace was fast and a true page turner.

In this first edition there are a few spelling errors and typos; however, don't let tha
Lorelie
Jan 05, 2016 Lorelie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
All monsters must die except the BEAUTIFUL ones

First of all, I have to tell you guys that this is no City of Bones related or Anna Dressed in Blood(well I haven't read that book so I can't say much)But to those who compares Loki to Jace, I'm telling you you're all wrong. I mean, SERIOUSLY?!?Okay here are some things to prove that I'm right:

1. Loki has a soft spot for squirrels while Jace on the other hand does not
2. Loki is not a jerk.Well, yeah they both look like an angel but Loki is not a jer
Samantha Arias
Aug 28, 2013 Samantha Arias rated it liked it
Shelves: novels, ya, fantasy, vampires
I absolutely LOVED the prequel to this book. I was super excited to read the real thing. I dove right into it and came up entirely confused. It is not the same book as in the prequel. The prequel is dark and mysterious and a bit horror sounding. You get to the book and it's a bit childish sounding. I knew it was probably going to be a young adult novel but I thought from the prequel that it would be more on the adult side. Boy was I wrong. It's definitely more for a younger crowd. And the preque ...more
Kim
What the hell?
I'm going to read this just for fun and for the hell of it.

I mean, it's not often you get a book trying to smash 2 books into 1.
...
Well. There are.
But not so obviously. And from the bunch of other amazing reviewers, you can tell which smashing it is. Actually, you can read the blurb and tell which 2 books it is, if you're on top of your bookish game.

And who the hell nicknames their monsters Snow White Sorrow?
How did that nickname even come about?
"She did it to me!"
"Who?!"
"The be
Melissa Martin
Mar 06, 2015 Melissa Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-all
This book is great! The amount of characters in the book that are actually fairy tale characters is awesome. Most of them are easy to figure out :-)

Loki is hilarious. I totally got his character wrong! I didn't figure that one out until the end. It is just the way he acted and his sense of humor that threw me off.

I was not expected this kind of book. I thought it was going to be something totally different. I don't why, as the author has a tendency to throw you for a loop.

I love Snow White in
Marie
Jul 08, 2013 Marie rated it it was amazing
Awesome Book

I like it and I enjoy it.
I like the fact that Snow White is a vampire is a cool twist to the story.

Loki
He is cool and I like him, Oh YEAH!

I'll just comment one thing I didn't like...
The boogie man really?
What the hell has to do the boogie man with fairy tales?
Gulen
Jun 26, 2013 Gulen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-yabancı
A long awaited book after reading all those prequels:D At first it was hard for me to concentrate on the story and Loki was not exactly as i expected. However the story was picked up after 25 % of the book has passed and the ending was beautiful.

So it is a wonderful first book and i need more; so write write like the wind Mr Jace:)

YA Buddy Readers'...: Snow White Sorrow by Cameron Jace - Starting 18th April 2015 4 8 Apr 19, 2015 01:14PM
I hope this dosen't suck -_- 14 65 Apr 09, 2014 06:07AM
Book Addicts Unite!: ~September~ 1 2 Sep 04, 2013 06:51PM
YA & TEENS BOOKTALK: SNOW WHITE SORROW GIVEAWAY 1 8 Jun 08, 2013 03:24PM
My Vampire Book O...: SNOW WHITE SORROW GIVEAWAY 1 8 Jun 08, 2013 03:21PM
Wild Things: YA G...: SNOW WHITE SORROW GIVEAWAY 1 3 Jun 08, 2013 03:21PM
Kids/Teens Book Club: SNOW WHITE SORROW GIVEAWAY 1 10 Jun 08, 2013 03:21PM
  • Nameless (Tales of Beauty & Madness, #1)
  • Through Your Eyes ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #3 )
  • A White So Red
  • My Name Is Rapunzel
  • Shards of the Glass Slipper: Queen Cinder (Shards of the Glass Slipper, #1)
  • Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer (Twisted Tales, #2)
  • Ashes and Ice (Ashes and Ice, #1)
  • Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4)
  • Telltale Kisses (Blood and Snow, #8)
  • Scarlette
  • Falling to Ash (Moth, #1)
  • Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes
  • The Curse Girl
  • The Fairest of Them All
  • After Dark (The 19th Year, #1)
  • Rapunzel Untangled
  • Curses! A F**ked Up Fairytale (F***ed-Up Fairy Tale #1)
  • Reincarnate, Beloved
Cameron Jace is bestselling author of the Grimm Diaries and Insanity series. A graduate of the college of Architecture, collector of out-of-print books, and obsessed with the origins of folk tales and the mysterious storytellers who spread them. Three of his books made Amazon's Top 100 Customer Favorites in Kindle 2013 & Amazon's Top 100 kindle list. Cameron lives in California with his girlfr ...more
More about Cameron Jace...

The Grimm Diaries (4 books)
  • Cinderella Dressed in Ashes (The Grimm Diaries, #2)
  • Blood, Milk, and Chocolate - Part One (The Grimm Diaries, #3)
  • Blood, Milk, and Chocolate - Part Two (The Grimm Diaries, #4)

“Stare at the dark too long and you will eventually see what isn’t there.” 60 likes
“All monsters must die except the beautiful ones” 56 likes