The Complete Book and CD Set of Rhymes, Songs, Poems, Fingerplays, and Chants

The Complete Book and CD Set of Rhymes, Songs, Poems, Fingerplays, and Chants

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  5 reviews

This best-selling book now comes with a double CD featuring fifty songs! The book gives children a variety of ways to fall in love with rhythm, rhyme, repetition, and structural sequence—important building blocks for future readers. With over seven hundred selections, the book and CD will help children build a strong foundation in skills such as listening, imagination, coo...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Gryphon House (first published May 1st 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Book and CD Set of Rhymes, Songs, Poems, Fingerplays, and Chants

Jessica
So many awesome songs, poems and finger plays all in one book! I love the fact that everything I want can be found easily in here without having to search the internet to find the one song I was looking for. Another great resource for my Early Childhood Education classes.
Paula
The Complete Book of Rhymes, Songs, Poems, Fingerplays, and Chants gives children a variety of ways to fall in love with rhythm, rhyme, repetition, and structural sequence -- important building blocks for future readers. The 700 selections will help children ages 3 to 6 build a strong foundation in skills such as listening, imagination, coordination, and spatial and body awareness. In this giant book of rhythm and rhyme, you are sure to find your own childhood favorites!
It has a lot of songs bu...more
Kathy Cowley
A great collection of children's rhymes and fingerplays for children. Many of them are slightly different versions than the ones I grew up with (often with just a few words of difference). I spent hours going through this book with my toddler, who just could not get enough of it, and despite the hundreds of pages, could always find her favorites.
Leslie Stokes
HUGE collection of poems and songs. Some are very old-fashioned with words that kids today will not recognize. I wish the music was included for the songs, so if you see a song you don't know you would be able to learn the tune. That is the only thing that keeps me from giving this 5 stars.
Brindi
includes excellent fingerplays and rhymes, perfect for story times (and on many topics)
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Fahmida Lipi
Fahmida Lipi marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
michella
michella marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Aubrey
Aubrey is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2013
Magdalena Garza
Magdalena Garza marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Erin
Erin added it
Jul 07, 2013
Jane Talibong
Jane Talibong marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Jie Hao
Jie Hao is currently reading it
Jun 09, 2013
Amy
Amy added it
Mar 26, 2013
Suhail
Suhail marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Mandy
Mandy added it
Mar 03, 2014
Jean Clarke
Jean Clarke marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
125 Brain Games for Babies Games to Play with Babies Games to Play with Toddlers 125 Brain Games for Toddlers and Twos: Simple Games to Promote Early Brain Development Brain Games for Babies, Toddlers & Twos: 140 Fun Ways to Boost Development