Start by marking “Just a Little Note” as Want to Read:
Just a Little Note

Just a Little Note

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Bryan Lovett and Jesse Carter met in freshman year. Bryan fell for Jesse immediately, and they became quick friends. They both land roles in an upcoming production of The Who's Tommy, where Bryan discovers fellow classmate Emily Harris has a crush on Jesse, too.

When she confides to Bryan that Jesse was the first guy she ever kissed, Bryan feels certain he's been misreading
ebook
Published March 20th 2012 by JMS Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Just a Little Note, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just a Little Note

Brian
J. Tomas is becoming one of my favorite writers based on these short stories.

This is another sweet, perfect little bit of first love. Two boys longing for each other from across the table, seeing each other every day, both not sure of anything other than how they feel.

Dee
2.75 stars - what's up with the ending?!

I'm not American, I assumed freshman was a university only term but apparently it can be high school too. They're sophomores, whatever that is - other than not even in the last year yet, I've no idea what age they're meant to be. Sixteen maybe? So I can't exactly tell how true to their age they act - it's implied Jesse's kissed a fair few boys though. It was short, the tenses were a bit jerky, but I was rather enjoying it, then boom, the end. Seriously? (v
Lucy
Reviewed for www.heartsonfirereviews.com

I don’t usually read young adult books. I have nothing against the genre, just not usually what I pick up. I feel I have been missing out now, because this was just adorable.

This is the short story of Bryan and Jesse, two high school friends who are each secretly crushing on the other. Neither has the courage to say anything to the other and risk losing the friendship. Enter a complication in the form of Emily Harris, who likes Jesse but is too embarrasse
Ruby
This title was provided free by the author or publisher for review purposes. Review originally posted at Brief Encounters Reviews.

Rating: B-

As I would expect from J. Tomas (aka JM Snyder), this is an engaging and well-written short story. There are no real surprises in store, however, as you get pretty much the entire plot given there in the blurb.

Just a Little Note is mainly told from the perspective of Bryan, a rather shy and cautious teenager. He's been in love with his best friend for a whil
blub
A sweet read about two friends, Bryan and Jesse, crushing on each other. Neither are quite sure how the other will react to a confession so both bide their time until a mutual friend asks Bryan for help confessing to Jesse.

Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Genre: M/M Coming of Age
Rated: 4.5 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Teetee
Teetee marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Riayl
Riayl added it
Jan 29, 2015
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Krystalv
Krystalv marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
J. Tomas writes gay YA romance and currently lives in Richmond, VA.
More about J. Tomas...
First Kiss Without Sin My Online Secret Admirer Rebellion (The Colony #1) Trouble at School