Start by marking “17 Degrees North” as Want to Read:
17 Degrees North

17 Degrees North (Border Wars Trilogy #2)

Seventeen degrees three minutes north—the latitude of the border that separates Juarez, Mexico from El Paso, Texas—for all practical purposes, one city with two souls. This is the gritty backdrop of the new Jack Sloan thriller from author Larry Seeley, 17 Degrees North.

Seeley, a former gaming industry CEO and professional blackjack player, first introduced readers to good
Published January 1st 2012 by Take It To The Limit Publications

To ask other readers questions about 17 Degrees North, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 17 Degrees North

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon)
Full Disclosure, I received a free copy of this book in an e-format (PDF) , in return for an honest review as part of a Member Author Book of the Month Group Promotion for the Goodreads- Action/Adventure Aficionados Discussion Group. I'd already purchases a paperback through Amazon.com for the event, but I appreciate the e-copy because that’s easier for me to read.

I'll cut to the chase, after the adding and subtracting is done, this is going to be a 4 star read. There aren't enough things to tak
Melinda
This book isn't just a page turner - it grabs you by the throat with both hands and hurls you through the pages at over 100 MPH. This is one E-Ticket ride that you won't want to pass up! I read the book starting last night, rather late and just finished at 9:30 AM with no sleep. Who can sleep on a rollercoaster going over 100MPH with all those twists and turns, uphills and downhills. I'm exhausted.

This story is so relevant to our times it is scarey. Living about 300 miles from the border in Tex
Lisa
Apr 21, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
Good read, I liked the Jack Sloan character. In a way he felt a little like one of the characters that James Lee Burke would write and that's a good thing! Nice descriptive passages, pretty good action sequences, a decent plot - it was a good, fun read. I like tough guy characters who can really kick some ass yet treat their women and animals with tender care. Going to go back and read his first novel, "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" since I started here with his second novel featuring Jack Sloan ...more
Rachelle Bronson
Apr 02, 2012 Rachelle Bronson rated it really liked it
You can read my review at http://www.thenovelblog.com/tnbReview....
Stephen Tremp
Apr 09, 2012 Stephen Tremp rated it really liked it
Seventeen Degrees, the follow up to Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves, opens with protagonist Jack Sloan who discovers of a satchel full of cash. What follows is the killing of a prominent New York hedge fund manager, a missing five hundred million dollars, a connection with A Mexican drug cartel, the FBI, a long line of corpses along the way, and Jack Sloan and his wife Darlene at the center of everything.

I love the Jack Sloan character, who I liken to Jack Reacher from the Lee Child series. He has
Rich Fahle
Mar 08, 2012 Rich Fahle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As soon as I finished the first book in Larry Seeley's Jack Sloan series, Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves, I jumped into the second, 17 Degrees North - and read it in a weekend. Sloan is cool, a product of the southwest and the backstabbing gaming industry that both serve as colorful backdrops for the book. The plot grabbed me out of the gate, and pushed the book along at a fast clip - the perfect plane read. I enjoy all Seeley's characters, and especially enjoy the southwestern US, which Seeley o ...more
Keith
Mar 25, 2012 Keith rated it really liked it
A thrilling mountain ride of switchback fun. This book was a pleasurable read. How could it not be with a discovered cache of cash. $2.5 million dollars worth. This highly readable Jack Sloan novel has a jacket full of quirky characters all in search of the mystery behind the dough.

Jack Sloan and his wife, Darlene, are knee deep in the conundrum. Add in a Mexican federale, an old school FBI agent, an Ute Indian Shaman, a local sherriffs deputy, a beautiful mistress, and a Mexican Narco-politico
Kevin
May 12, 2012 Kevin rated it really liked it
I got this book as a Goodreads giveaway. Jack Sloan the main character seems to have trouble find him. The book is easy to read and the story brings you in so you do not want to put it down. I am looking forward to reading the other Jack Sloan book.
Magiccats
Apr 06, 2013 Magiccats rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book. Very good read with lots of action and suspense. Keeps you guessing about the characters right until the end with twists in the plot. Jack Sloan is a likable tough guy and the author enables a good connection for the reader with the characters in the book.
Mike McAdam
Apr 21, 2012 Mike McAdam rated it it was amazing
* I received this book free through a goodreads giveaway*

I LOVED this book! It was exciting. It had a good story. Good characters and everything was believable (I keep finding myself having to suspend disbelief - not this time). The story takes off like a shot (no spoilers - it is worth experiencing without knowing anything) and never lets up. A truely enjoyable read. Definitely worth your time! Highly recommended.
Astral Road Author Media
Astral Road Author Media rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2012
Larry Seeley
Mar 21, 2012 Larry Seeley rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Megan Schacht
Megan Schacht rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Jake
Jake rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2012
Nick Schacht
Nick Schacht rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Julie Hermann
Julie Hermann rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Gaye
Gaye marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Darlene Roy
Darlene Roy marked it as to-read
Sylvie
Sylvie marked it as to-read
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Fred Hughes
Fred Hughes marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
Rio
Rio marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2012
Tracey Hawkins
Tracey Hawkins marked it as to-read
Lane Mahnke
Lane Mahnke marked it as to-read
Irene Menge
Irene Menge marked it as to-read
Ronald
Ronald marked it as to-read
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2012
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2012
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2012
Candice Mckinney
Candice Mckinney marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2012
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2012
Amber Dickens
Amber Dickens marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2012
Haris
Haris added it
Apr 09, 2012
Ralph
Ralph marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2012
Kristina  UK
Kristina UK marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2012
Jennifer Sullivan
Jennifer Sullivan marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Rick
Rick marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jenny Franklin
Jenny Franklin marked it as to-read
Donna Rathbun
Donna Rathbun marked it as to-read
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2012
Larry Seeley, author of the award-winning mystery/suspense novel, Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves (April 2010) and new followup, 17 Degrees North (March 2012), is the ex-CEO of the world’s largest privately-owned training company, the former CEO of the gaming firm that built the first Native casino in Maritime Canada, and a former professional blackjack player.

He and his wife, Katie, live twenty mile
More about Larry Seeley...

Border Wars Trilogy (3 books)
  • Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves