Start by marking “Nightrunner tome 2 : Traqueurs de la Nuit.” as Want to Read:
Nightrunner tome 2 : Traqueurs de la Nuit.

Nightrunner tome 2 : Traqueurs de la Nuit. (Nightrunner #2)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  10,250 Ratings  ·  378 Reviews
Maître du subterfuge, voleur et noble à la fois, Seregil de Rhíminie a transmis à Alec de Kerry les plus grands secrets du métier. Ensemble, ils ont accompli de
nombreuses missions sans cesser d'exposer leur vie au danger.
Aujourd hui, alors que leur pays d'adoption se prépare à la guerre, le magicien Nysander l'ancien, demande à Seregil d'affronter un ultime défi. Il confie
Published April 1st 2011 by Bragelonne (first published February 3rd 1997)

April
Apr 12, 2013 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deserves lots of GIFS!

Better than the first, in my opinion. Maybe it's just because the story is more engaging for me this time round
...and I've grown more attached to the characters, which, I know, is
Though the writing isn't necessarily what I would usually read (I find it kind of heavy sometimes), it's well suited for this type of book. It's just colossal amounts of fun. The world Flewelling has spun is wondrous and enchanting; a pleasure to dive into. This series is seriously underrated.
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Aug 19, 2014 ᴥ Irena ᴥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely the most underrated series I've come across so far. The first book is great. This one? I can't even begin explaining why I loved it so much. I spent the last sixty or so pages (maybe more) crying. From the start till the very end of this book I've gone through so many feelings: from annoyance through astonishment and speechlessness, deep hatred, despair and gloating to bitter-sweet happiness. Add any other you can think of in between and you can find it in this story.

What sta
Troy G
Dec 05, 2010 Troy G rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I'm of two minds about this book.

It is good fantasy adventure. There is a good pace to the adventure, and while some of the world may have been a bit foggier than other books in this genre, I did enjoy the quests, magic, and intrigue.

HOWEVER, I was really, really bothered by the romantic relationship between the two main characters. It isn't about the homosexual part of it (though that did suprise me when I was 16). The problem I had with this was the age and social maturity difference between
Kaitlin
Oct 12, 2016 Kaitlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Trigger: There is some female-on-male rape in this book although it's not in explicit detail*

This book is the second in the series and picks up not too long after the ending of the first. We see that our characters have grown more since the end of book one and settled into routines and life in Rhimanee, but there's still many mysteries to uncover, both about each other and to do with what they found out in book #1.

In this instalment I really did connect more to the character of Seregil and I
Jennn
Apr 06, 2009 Jennn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2009
I like the characters, I do. They change and develope. I also like how Flewelling will revisit things, too, like the death of Alec's father. Things aren't just swept under the rug and I appreciate that.

I also appreciate how Seregil and Alec's relationship isn't the focus of the story that unfortunately happens too much in romance, especially homoerotica. The book is more dedicated to the story and in doing so, makes their relationship realistic and believable.

The biggest complaint I have is maki
Kathryn
Mar 20, 2008 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I can sum this up in essentially the same way I did with Luck: They have lots of adventures and kick lots of butt. And they also fall in love with each other, but Seregil has a crisis of conscience because Alec is still pretty young, and Alec is just plain confused by what he feels for Seregil, so neither of them say anything.

Saying anymore than that would spoil it if you haven't read it, really.

There's no real social commentary going on with the two main characters falling for each other, unl
Ayanna
I'm guilty of breaking off in the middle of reading and coming back to this one a lot later.

It made reading awkward. I was no longer into the whole intrigue thing and just waiting for Alec and Seregil to become lovers.

Still, I kind of got back into the whole web of intrigue that was happening. It's exceedingly well-crafted. I like that it's not so explicit I can't walk around with this and not be afraid some kid might accidentally read over my shoulder or pick this up.

Welp. Onto bk 3...
Nancy
Jan 09, 2008 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy, lgbt
This is the second installment in the Nightrunner series, and I enjoyed it even more than the first. Lord Seregil of Rhiminee and his apprentice, Alec of Kerry continue their undercover work, meet a new circle of friends, and get embroiled in a new set of adventures and intrigue. The characterization is excellent and the story continues to be riveting. A series well worth reading!
Fatima
Mar 17, 2012 Shortlatte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sath
Aug 12, 2010 Sath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, reviewed
I enjoyed this second part, much better than the first book in the nightrunner series.
I believe I was let down by the first book because I wasn't at all drawn in by Seregil's character, he appeared too perfect to me; he had fame, money, knowledge, skills, charisma, good looks, loyal friends etc. It seemed nothing could go wrong for this character, he was too well set up. And poor Alec was continually left behind by Seregil, I always feel resentful when a main character in a book is blinded to th
Igor Ljubuncic
Mar 17, 2017 Igor Ljubuncic rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just realized I forgot to add a whole bunch of Lynn's books to my shelf. WTF!

This is my favorite Alec & Seregil book; also the first one I read; also the one I read the most. Probably a good solid dozen times, if not more. It has all the right ingredients. A noble rogue, an innocent coming-of-age youth with a hidden streak of a rake, all sorts of sex, an ancient evil with some rather disgusting elements, magic, both good and dark and twisted, proper chase and adventure, warfare that is rea
Jesse
I thought that the story of Alec and Seregil couldn't possibly get any better than in the first installment (Luck in the Shadows) but man...Stalking Darkness was all that, and ten times stronger.

I read the last two hundred pages all at once, unable to put it down, not wanting to do anything else until I finished the book, and at the same time never wanting it to end. I already have the third book right here next to me, and I'll waste no time in diving into it.

(view spoiler)
Ingenue
Nov 27, 2011 Ingenue rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok srsly guys, who took my homoerotic devil-may-care caperfic and replaced it with melodramatic fantasy yaoi? D: D: And I have nothing AGAINST fantasy yaoi melodrama, I am all FOR melodramatic fantasy yaoi; but I need mental preparation for the shift from "We are snarky lovable rogues who steal things and touch each other in good dirty ways!" to "We are in secret ethereally beautiful, angstily immortal elves with magically prophesied destinies who weep as we kiss in the moonlight, stroking each ...more
Kirstine
If I had to describe this book using one word, it would be: YES.

This was an epic ride. Holy shit.

It broke my heart and healed it at the same time.

What a thing.
Katerina
Mar 27, 2014 Katerina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recensioni
Quasi un anno.
Quasi un anno da quando ho recensito il primo volume della serie Nightrunners, trovandolo ben scritto e ripromettendomi di continuare la serie al più presto.
Al più presto - ovviamente - si è tradotto in "dopo", finchè in preda alla crisi mistica del "cosa leggo? Ho solo ottanta libri in TBR" mi sono decisa ad iniziare la seconda avventura di Seregil ed Alec.
Come ho fatto ad aspettare quasi un anno? Come?
Nel caso aveste dei dubbi, Alec di Kerry mi è piaciuto un bel po'.

Il primo libr
Philip
Mar 25, 2013 Philip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book continues with all the best parts of Luck in the Shadows. Alec, Seregil, Micum, Nysander and everyone continue to be amazing, for the most part.

Most of the plot that was built up in the first book but not finished there is resolved in this one. As it's all starting to come together, the writing does a fantastic job of building the tension and giving feelings of impending doom without the excessive obviousness or clumsyness of some stories/movies. Then about two thirds in it takes a sha
Charlotte
Feb 15, 2010 Charlotte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is for the first three volumes of the Nightrunner Series, it does however exclude the following volumes, which in my opinion differ strongly from the first 3.

I realise I find it hard to start writing a review for these books. The first three volumes of the Nightrunner Series are definately part of my favorite books ever. Within the genre of fantasy, they set such high standarts that many other books appear shallow beside them. The books are full of great and often innovative plot ide
Tangerine
Nov 30, 2015 Tangerine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Snowtulip
Nov 10, 2011 Snowtulip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, favorites
I LOVED THIS BOOK! I devoured this book! This is what storytelling is!

It's been a while since I had to stay up all night to read a book, sure I might stay up late with some books, but this one I had to stay up until I was finished with this book.

What an absolutely wonderful balance between world building, character development and plot. It had politics, legends, betrayals, friendship, and grief. The tale was riveting, dynamic, and came together seamlessly.

Absolutely recommend and can't wait to
Kati
Aug 09, 2015 Kati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my most favorite fantasy series ever and also my umpteenth re-read. I adore not just the characters, mainly Seregil and Alec and their love story, but also the world building, the intrigue. It's awesome and it's lovely and it's perfect.
Judy
Sep 14, 2014 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in two days straight. I think I may have snarled at my boyfriend at one point when he tried to pat my knee. I can't really comment on this books quality because I was too immersed in the story to analyse the writing.
Anne Freya
Oct 08, 2015 Anne Freya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, lgbtqqiaap

Akhirnya kelar juga. Sebenarnya aku lagi ga mood baca fantasi, tapi hanya melanjutkan vol 1 yg nunggak sampe beberapa bulan (kalo tdk salah ingat), trus setelah kelarin vol 1 aku merasa tdk puas krn tampaknya vol 1 hanya semacam pengantar, perkenalan dan pembuka untuk vol 2 ini, dan (seperti yg sudah kuduga juga) romance di vol 1 masih belum ada sehingga aku menanti-nantikan perkembangannya di vol 2 ini. Secara ini m/m romance yg lebih fokus ke plot fantasi dan petualangan ketimbang rom
Shelby
I’m wavering a little on how to rate this one. I enjoyed this book very much and rated against itself I’d give it 5 stars. But place it up against my favorite fantasy series’ (Valdemar/Pern/Shanara/Black Jewels etc.) and it falls a little short. I don’t even know why it doesn’t hook me as deeply. I enjoyed the story immensely as I was reading it. Somehow though I just know it’s not one of those that I’ll remember every little detail of the way I do my all time favorites.

Alec and Seregil are rec
Moira
Nov 18, 2011 Moira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, čj, mm
Dala bych spíše 4,5. Jedna moudrá osůbka mě však poučila, že to se zaokrouhluje nahoru, ne dolů. :D

Oproti minulému dílu je Příchod tmy opravdu lepe zpracován. Autorka se do svého světa vžila, dokázala si se vším pohrát a pořádně se do toho opřít. Překvapilo mě, že rozpletení dějové linie Seregila bylo už v této knize, jelikož Běžci jsou trilogie a čekala jsem, že na konec si budu muset ještě počkat. Ale že bych byla zklamaná? Ani náhodou!

Dějové linie nejsou jen dvě, jako v minulé knize, ale dost
Paul
Jan 04, 2017 Paul rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I often felt bored by the tired character and story tropes and uninspired use of magic. What I can say is that this book was well paced.
Charles
Stuff I Read - Stalking Darkness by Lynn Flewelling Review

I was quite excited to read this book, having liked the first of the series, and the story did not let me down. Continuing rather directly on the heels of the first Nightrunner book, this one found Alec and Seregil recovering and continuing on Alec's training. It's a bit of a slow build in the beginning, with much of the first two thirds of the book dominated with more covert missions, more skullduggery that was present in the first. It w
Lianne Pheno
Mar 07, 2014 Lianne Pheno rated it it was amazing
Avis tiré de mon blog :

En fait ce tome est le second d'une duologie d'introduction du duo Seregil et Alec, elle a sa propre histoire qui se fini sur ce tome et peut être lu seule.
J'ai bien aimé l'ensemble bien que j'ai trouvé que la première partie était un peu longue vu qu'il ne se passait pas grand chose.

En fait on continue vraiment l'histoire du premier, la vie d'Alec et Seregil est normale, toujours remplie de diverses missions qui affinent l'apprentissage d'Alec et qui dévoilent de mystér
Bryan
Jul 06, 2011 Bryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love things that surprise me. I've been around the block a time or
two and have a perception of people and things honed from years of
studying trends, people, and why things are the way they are. Most of
the movies that I watch are usually because they surprise me in some
fashion, whether it be new and innovative ideas, a different approach
to a usual topic, or what have you. I'm rather limited when it comes to books because I spent so many years simply not reading. Still, over time I've come to ha
Does this book deserve such high ratings? 1 8 Dec 04, 2016 02:05AM
Goodreads Librari...: This edition is all mixed up 7 25 Jul 27, 2015 09:47PM
  • Lord of the White Hell, Book 2 (Lord of the White Hell, #2)
  • The Virtu (Doctrine of Labyrinths, #2)
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • The God Eaters
  • The Fire's Stone
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)
  • Dream (Aisling, #2)
  • Strange Fortune
  • Bound (Kria, #2)
  • Kei's Gift (Darshian Tales, #1)

Nightrunner (7 books)
  • Luck in the Shadows (Nightrunner, #1)
  • Traitor's Moon (Nightrunner, #3)
  • Shadows Return (Nightrunner, #4)
  • The White Road (Nightrunner, #5)
  • Casket of Souls (Nightrunner, #6)
  • Shards of Time (Nightrunner, #7)

“So I might have to marry Alec when I'm grown," Illia was prattling across to Seregil. "I hope that won't hurt your feelings too much."

Seregil slapped a hand over his heart like a troubadour in a mural. "Ah, fair maiden, I shall slay a thousand evil dragons for you, and lay their steaming black livers at your dainty feet, if only you will restore me to your favor."

"Livers!" Illia buried her face against Alec's shoulder with an outraged giggle.
"You wouldn't bring me livers, would you, Alec?"

"Of course not," Alec scoffed. "What a disgusting present. I'd bring you the eyeballs for a necklace, and all their scaly pointed tongues to tie your braids with.”
43 likes
“You always have a choice. Don't ever imagine you don't. Whatever you do, it's a decision and you have to accept responsibility for it. That's when honor becomes more than empty words.” 35 likes