Aftershocks

Aftershocks

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  1,036 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Last year was one of the worst of Abby Lucas’s life, but though it all, she had her best friend Wyatt by her side. Unfortunately, Wyatt just left to start his freshman year at the University of Michigan, leaving Abby to face her past and her senior year of high school alone. Just as she starts to think that this year might actually be worse than the last, she meets Connor...more
Published March 16th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Aftershocks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aftershocks

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensTaking Chances by Molly McAdamsThe Opportunist by Tarryn FisherEffortless by S.C. StephensThe Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines
NON-PARANOMAL LOVE TRIANGLES
44th out of 81 books — 137 voters
Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenOutlander by Diana GabaldonSultry with a Twist by Macy BeckettBinding Arbitration by Elizabeth MarxJane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Great Romance Novels
419th out of 686 books — 520 voters

More lists with this book...

Tasha
This book was A-dorable (I have been over prononuncing my As all day thanks to this book)! It was seriously a cute story. I liked the characters and the story line. The only problem I had was it drug out in some parts more than I cared for and Connor need a good hit. I was hoping someone would have hit him to get him in gear.Over all, I liked this one.
Linsey
Another wonderful story by Monica Alexander! She is an amazing author. As a reader you easily fall into the relationships of her characters, and that is the kind of reading that I crave and can go for months without finding. Great story and I adored the characters.....fantastic job. Please keep writing! :)
Ashley
I loved how everything wasn't so rushed between the two main characters!It had a great story line =).
A. Walters
Quick, easy read. Love this author's style of writing!
LowDown
Sep 10, 2012 LowDown rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YA lovers who swoon over indecisive heroes and headstrong heroines
Recommended to LowDown by: fly
Shelves: unrequited
It's more of a love it or hate it book. Unfortunately for me, this is one of those books I want can't keep myself from, but so want to get rid of as well. I am not sure whether or not I enjoyed it as much as I should. I think you could blame my sudden infatuations for cowboys, horses, ranches, and month long trips with the brother of your betrothed and end up falling in love with him instead. Or just that I've grown up and outgrown YA books.

I personally liked Abby. Because she was outspoken and...more
Heather
This book was simply amazing. Monica knows how to pull on the good ol' heartstrings. ,3
Loved this book to bits and pieces!

There were times when I had wanted to hit Connor (boy needs to get his head straight) as well as Abby (the devotion of this girl amazed me) on the head, but from the beginning, ever since Connor's first ex was mentioned, I already had a feeling that he thought Abby would have been the one capable of holding (and breaking) his fragile heart, so I guess I forgive him for that.

B...more
Deanna
This is my third book by Monica and it did not disapoint. Though coming off of Fairytales and Castles which were my all time favorites was tough. Not in a bad way. I loved the character development in Aftrshocks as well as the story. I think I was just anxious for Connor and Abby to be together sooner so the waiting was killing me. I love the happy parts...
And Alexis! wow! I always tell my 13 year old daughter "The mean girls always get hit by the bus in the end".
I recommend this book as a MUST...more
Jess * Jess Time To Read*
I loved Connor and Abby's chemistry, they were drawn to each other from the start. Yes there were times I wanted to slap Connor and tell him, HELLO, what the hell are doing?? But luckily he came to senses and listened to what his heart truly wanted. Connor's little brother Jordan was so freaking funny and I loved when he had his "date" with Abby to the movies. Wyatt was wonderful and he was a great friend for Abby. That Alexis chick, I wanted to bitch slap her to next Tuesday. What a horrible wh...more
Cindy
The description sounded pretty good, so I took a chance on this book and I am really glad I did. Enjoyed the witty banter, relationships with the characters were fun and the delightful story kept me entertained throughout the book. With great main characters and a quirky supporting cast that will keep you laughing, and a few unfortunate incidents that show you just how real life is. If you're looking for a new book to read you should check this one out!
Cristal
I love Connor! Such a great guy! Except there were some instances where I wanted to hake him and slap him around so he could open his eyes and see how horrible Alexis was. That girl was vindictive and I am glad I never ha a run in with a girl like her when I was in high school.

Great story and if you ate wondering if you should read this, then take a chance and get lost in this book :)
Danielle Calabrese
I really did not know what to expect with this book, but I really, really liked it. I thought the character and plot development were top notch. Even though I wanted to sometimes hit Connor over the head for being stupid he was a very likable hero and Abby was adorable and sweet. I loved the ending, and I will be reading more from Ms. Alexander!
Rhonda Bergamo
I was a little hesitant reading Aftershocks(came up as a suggested read), I didn't really know much about the author, but wanted a fast summer read. This definitely fulfilled this need. I couldn't put it down, a lot of ups and downs and twists and turns, but is a great read. I have a new favorite. Can't wait to read more by Monica Alexander.
Sharon
I really liked this book.
I didn't know what to expect,but i was happily surprised.
A solid 4 stars and i will be looking forward to reading more of this author.

This is a mature YA book,that deals with a lot of nowaday problems and it has some interesting twists.
Definitely a must read
Mary-jane
This book reminded of the book "Anna and the French kiss". I kinda think that they have the more or less the same plot minus the pregnancy thingy.
i loved the Anna's book and also liked this one. It might seems long but it was actually worthy. There were some heart-wrenching moments as well
Jenny
How has this fantastic author passed me by. I dont often write reviews but I have just finished my 4th book of hers and can hardly put my nook down. I need sleep.
Kat (the Sarcastic One )
Alesha
I really enjoyed this book. But have you ever read a book and want to strangle one of the characters, well that's how I felt about Alexis. God I wanted to kill her.
Sarah Fitz
Loves this book. Cute story with goodmcharacter development. Connor and Abby are TOO cute! Have loved every book written by Monica Alexander. Keep them coming!
Cecilia Gutierrez
Well you did it again and again and again monica alexander!! I'm so in love of your books, god!. Another master piece , thank you sooooooooo much!!!
Tiffany
I loved this book. Every book I read written by Monica Alexander were really great. And I can totally add this book to my favorite books list! :)
Prisdary
Love it, is a nice book, if want a book about school board and teeneager this is ur book, nice love story and i really love everything.
Kelly
What a roller coaster of emotions while reading this book. I enjoyed the characters and would highly recommend reading this book.
Berenice
I loved this book!!! It makes you laugh Alot!! And it's very romantic and cute! You'll love it!
Brandi
Cute story!! I'm on a kick of reading monica's books! The writing is fantastic.
Jamie Zishka
Really interesting story!
Would recommend to others!
Cheryl Camardese
Loved the characters..didn't want the story to end.
Amy Molina
OMG. I loveeeee it! It's was such a good book!
Kayleigh Lewis
Such a sweet story! I loved it.
Ashlee
connor and Abby just perfect <3
Katie
Love at first sight!
  • Perchance
  • Saving Face
  • The Accidental Movie Star
  • Please Don't Tell (Please Don't Tell, #1)
  • Measuring Up
  • Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries, #1)
  • The Unloved
  • First Love (Now & Forever #1)
  • Dream Chaser
  • Hope's Chance
  • Chasing McCree (Chasing McCree, #1)
  • Forever Changed
  • Twisted
  • He Loves Me...He Loves You Not...
  • Knee Deep
  • Chasing Leah (Journey, #1)
  • Forgiving Trinity
I’m Monica Alexander. I write books. I read books. I listen to a lot of music. And sometimes (more times than I actually realize it) that music works its way into my stories. I love the Florida Gators and the Boston Red Sox, and I have a fashion addiction. I’m also a hopeless romantic.

“For a moment a band of thieves in ripped up jeans got to rule the world.” – Taylor Swift

Twitte...more
More about Monica Alexander...
Forcing Gravity (Forcing Gravity, #1) Work of Art (Work of Art, #1) Gravity Happens (Forcing Gravity, #2) Searching for Neverland Buried Castles (Broken Fairytales, #2)

“I’d do anything for someone I love,” I said simply.” 5 likes
“I disarmed you with my smile?” I called out when he was a few feet from me, raising my eyebrows.
He turned and smirked at me. “You sure did.”
“You totally snaked that from a Smashing Pumpkins song,” I said, shaking my head.
“The fact that you know that is incredibly sexy.”
“I told you, I’m not like most girls.”
4 likes