Start by marking “The Book of Jer3miah” as Want to Read:
The Book of Jer3miah

The Book of Jer3miah

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A college freshman, Jeremiah Whitney, accepts the undertaking to protect a mysterious Mesoamerican box. When Jeremiah's parents are mysteriously murdered, Jeremiah learns that he is the target of a frightening conspiracy. Every facet of his life is called into question, and now he must uncover the truth about the box, the conspiracy, and his very identity.
Paperback
Published August 2012 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Jer3miah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Jer3miah

Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Jeremiah is a young man attending college. He has two great parents who love him, a roommate who is his friend, and he is anticipating the time he can go on an LDS mission. Life is on track for Jeremiah.

His eighteenth birthday changes everything. He finds that he is the target of a conspiracy. The exact nature of the threat or where it is coming from is a mystery. He only knows that those he loves the most have been taken from him. Locked in grief he learns of his destiny, the keeper of an ancie...more
Shauna
This was a very fun book!

The storyline keeps you going as you try to figure out what is happening, why it is happening, and what is going to happen.

You have suspense, action, mystery, ancient world artifacts, kidnapping, murder, conspiracy, destiny, and of course a little romance.

Jeremiah has been charged to be the protector of a very mysterious box.

The events that unfold take him to his very depths and beyond.

Can he do what is asked of him?

All I can say that you are hanging on every event on ev...more
Kimberly Van De Graaff
This book was all over the place. It was a simple read, but inconclusive. I didn't like the way the author presented Jermiah from one of the 3 Nephites. They made it feel like he was born out of wedlock, something missing in this family relationship- WHAT!!!! I'm sure they didn't intend this, but that is one of the inconclusive points. Anyway, it was a typical Mormon book with a Mormon plot. It did provoke an interesting thought process - therefore the 2 stars instead of 1. I'm still trying to f...more
Drew Graham
College freshman Jeremiah Whitney's life is pretty average -- he has nice folks, a good upbringing in a Gospel-centered home, and he's enjoying his first year as a college student. But on his 18th birthday, Jeremiah's life gets turned upside down as he finds himself entrusted with the care and protection of a mysterious box, a relic of an ancient American society. Questions start to pile up as tragedy strikes and Jeremiah has to quickly learn who he can trust, and more importantly, to rely on a...more
Lynette
This book, which I read in one day, is written for a mormon audience and also for young adults. That about sums it up except when I got to the end, I realized that it didn't end. It's only number 1 in a series. When did this trend start that all stories have to continue for 3 or more books? They should have warned me, I might not have picked it up! To be fair, I didn't hate it, else I wouldn't have read all day.
Joleen
Aug 20, 2014 Joleen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: LDS
Interesting...but not in a bad way. It's definitely more for the LDS crowd as it's got a fair bit of LDS references in it. But definitely and interesting story line (sorry, can't say too much or will give it away). Definitely worth a read (and it's a fast read, at that).
Debbie
A teen novel written from a web movie or something like that. Written for a Mormon audience. It was a quick read, exciting and cheesy. I did not like how it ended! It didn't even end, it just stopped! There doesn't seem to be a sequel.
Yougo
Decent book, decent story, much lower level than I expected, kind of same level as Book of Mormon Sleuth series. Religious material was slightly forced, but not too much, and it is the beginning of a series, so we'll have to wait for further installments.
Holly
Great story line. I had a hard time putting down the book, I can hardly wait for the second book!
April
Jeremiah receives a box on his birthday and in the same day his parents are murdered by a large truck. The box is taken away. Jeremiah struggles with his questions. After his parents funeral in New York, their home is set a blaze. Jeremiah goes back to Provo , but things just keep getting stranger.
Have to say I was not impressed with the end to the book, which just leaves the story hanging and waiting for more books likely to become a series. I liked the story, but am irritated by the abrupt end...more
Karen Kenney
Really liked the layout and style on this one.
Benjamin Issa
Rebecca Dean
An interesting young adult read. I didn't realize it was Book One in a series, so I was getting close to the ending and couldn't believe they were going to wrap the story up in a few pages and lo and behold.... they didn't.

No word on the second book, so I hope it is in process.
LuAnn
May 25, 2012 LuAnn added it
Maybe if I had watched the online episodes prior to reading the book I would have been more attached to the novelization, but I felt like I was reading a book report based on the events of the show rather than a novel. (Advance copy/uncorrected proof)
Kimberly
My only complaint is that the second book isn't out yet. Wow! What a ride! Thrilling pacing, fabulously detailed plotline, a main character I really found myself rooting for. One of the few books I own a hard copy AND e-copy of.
Julie
This was a fun and quick adventure/supernatural LDS story. I will be reading the next one when it comes out.
Sarah Barton
Sarah Barton marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Lillian Torgersen damron
Lillian Torgersen damron marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Emmarie
Emmarie marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Amanda Caswell
Amanda Caswell marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Luisa M. Perkins is the author of Dispirited, published by Zarahemla Books in March 2012, and co-author of the novel The Book of Jer3miah, forthcoming from Shadow Mountain in August 2012.
Past publications include the cookbook Comfortably Yum and the LDS YA novel Shannon's Mirror. She has had numerous short stories and essays published in print and online. She has been a member of the Whitney Awar...more
More about Luisa M. Perkins...
Dispirited Shannon's Mirror Comfortably Yum: Food For Body And Spirit Legacy Of Self: A Celebration Of Motherhood Tell Me Who I Am