Start by marking “Survivor Roundup (The Zombie West Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Survivor Roundup (The Zombie West Series, #2)

Survivor Roundup (The Zombie West Series #2)

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Red always knew she would have to face the man who nearly destroyed her. She just didn’t figure it would happen so soon...

With the plague sweeping across the nation, destroying many and turning others into walking corpses, survivors head West in search of a chosen land, a place designed to keep the infected out, while sealing survivors inside. In theory, the idea seems the
Published October 2012 by Evolved Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Survivor Roundup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survivor Roundup

World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoA Plague Upon Your Family by Mark TufoThe End by Mark TufoFeed by Mira Grant
Best Zombie Books
62nd out of 1,050 books — 2,581 voters
The First Days by Rhiannon FraterFighting to Survive by Rhiannon FraterSiege by Rhiannon FraterHollowland by Amanda HockingFeed by Mira Grant
Best Female Writers of Zombie Fiction
148th out of 213 books — 515 voters

More lists with this book...

Natasha
Dec 03, 2012 Natasha rated it really liked it
This zombie western is an exciting, action packed read that's full of guts!
I haven't read book one of this series and I think I wish I had first, just because I enjoyed the characters so much that I wanted a bit more of a back story for them. Although, I didn't read book one, I wasn't so left out of details that I couldn't really get into a good story. I still plan on reading book one to fill in some of the spaces.

SURVIVOR ROUNDUP is a unique twist on the zombie genre. I love that the author m
Tammy
Dec 19, 2012 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Imagine it! Zombies in the wild west! What an exciting mixture of zombies and cowboys! That is the only world that Red has ever known. Red and her new family have found shelter in an old fort. Surrounded by thick walls they don't have to worry about the walking dead outside. New beginnings and a food shortage force Red and Trace to go salvage for supplies. With Red's special "ability" they can get closer to the zombies than most people.

Red and Trace soon run into trouble. Someone from Red's past
Maria
Dec 31, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour in exchange for a fair and honest review. I rated it 4.5 Stars.

In an alternate old West roamed by zombies and survivors, Angela Scott's Survivor Roundup, the story of Elisabeth, aka "Red", a woman stuck between both worlds, and Trace aka "Cowboy", the man in love with her, begins where Wanted: Dead or Undead left off. Introducing a handful of new secondary characters, new adventures and a climactic faceoff with Red's nemesis,
Carin
Dec 19, 2012 Carin rated it really liked it
Survivor Round up is the 2nd book the first being Wanted: Dead or Undead, you will not follow this book very well without reading the first one.

Red and Trace are back and life in the fort is getting to the point that they need more supplies, this leads to the adventure in this book. I really enjoyed the first book, Wanted: Dead or Undead, I think the second, Survivor Roundup is even better. I feel like the characters have matured a little in this book and as in the first Ms. Scott creates an ama
Steph
... zombies, uglies, nutters, undead, walkers, unfortunates ... Of all the terms, "munchers" did get straight to the point.
Red's group has been hold up in the fort for several months now and supplies are dwindling. In order for the group to survive, she must venture outside of the walls to find food supplies. The zombies are surrounding the fort and there's no guarantee she'll find what she's looking for, but without the supplies there's no hope for the group.
"Pretend to be brave until you
Misty Baker
Jan 23, 2013 Misty Baker rated it really liked it
You know that saying “I don’t have to be faster than everyone, I just have to be faster than you?”

I call bullshit.

See, I am not a runner. As a matter of fact, “running” is a four letter word in my house (strictly forbidden upon pain of spork in eye.) Knowing this (the running part, not the “I’m one step away from a loony-bin spork threats” part) I’ve had to devise my own zombie Apocalypse plan.

1. Running is for suckers (or really skinny chicks names Kelley <–with an e.) Avoid it at all cost b
Liz at Fictional Candy
A couple months ago when I read Wanted: Dead or Undead, I was excited about this fresh and unusual take on zombies and I couldn’t wait to read more. With Survivor Roundup I definitely got my wish granted.

This story takes place not too long after the first book in the series ended. Supplies are getting low so Trace and Red decide they will be the ones to go and scout for supplies. Any time they leave the confines of the fort they know they are taking a chance, and those odds haven’t lessened at
Lissette
Jan 04, 2013 Lissette rated it it was amazing
Since discovering that she can withstand the zombie's bite, and still survive, Red's life has never been ordinary. John Gatherum has placed a price on her head, and he'll stop at nothing until she's in his grasp once more. She's gone to great length's to make sure he never lays another hand on her, but she knows time is running out.

Her new husband, and family mean everything to her. She's promised herself to protect them, at all costs. They're all she has left, aside from her brother, Davis. The
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I received a free copy of the book from the author for an honest review.

Red, Trace, Wen, Caroline, their new baby girl, Rivers, Fisher and Ira are all still living in the military fort. What few supplies that they have are dwindling away. If they are going to survive someone has to risk going outside the walls of the fort to face the zombies and bring back more. So Red and Trace volunteer to be the ones to go find more food for everyone.

T
Susan
Dec 19, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
"Survivor Roundup" is the second book in the series. Angela pens her characters strong, funny and full of emotions in a plot that just doesn't stop until your finished. I had a really hard time putting the book down and do suggest that you read book 1 "Wanted" Dead or Undead" so your not lost. A must read for all zombie and non-zombie fans.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Allyson
Jan 02, 2013 Allyson rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in exchange for a honest review! I normally don't read zoomie books, but I truly enjoyed this one! Red was a great character, her strength was amazing, she was funny, whitty and just an all around great character! I enjoyed the banner between her and Trace, some was laugh outloud funny! As soon as I finished Wanted: Dead or Undead I immedately started Survivor Roundup, which is the sequel!
Jess the Audiobookworm
Mar 18, 2016 Jess the Audiobookworm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mar-tbr
4.5 AudiobookBecause I heard the last two installments in such quick succession, without even a break for writing a review in between, I’ve decided to combine my thoughts on them into one review. The continuity and fluidity of this series’ storyline makes the combining of reviews that much easier. Even if a listener had not heard the installments practically back-to-back, as I did, Angela Scott (the author) makes it extremely easy to jump back into the story as if it never ceased. This also mak ...more
Kathy
Feb 04, 2013 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book as much as the first! The characters are awesome, there's lots of twists and turns to keep you on your toes. I can't wait for the next one in the series!
Tara Shaw
Sep 09, 2013 Tara Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hello again, my sweet little cupcakes!!

Back so soon? Yes, I know!

It’s only because the wonderful author from my last review, Angela Scott, has me hooked on her books!!

This round is the second in the Zombie West series, Survivor Roundup!

Survivor Round up picks up a few months where Wanted: Dead or Undead left us yearning.

Yes, yearning my dears.

I did quite a bit of yearning..for about 10 minutes. XD

All is not well with our Red, Cowboy and the little family they’re come to care for.

Supplies are dwi
Tamara!
Apr 17, 2014 Tamara! rated it really liked it
Continuing the incredibly descriptive saga of a band of survivors trying to live a life, love, and not get bitten. There's so much going on, yet while it is fast and furious, it's also touching, scary, creative and intriguing.
Laura Thomas
Feb 04, 2014 Laura Thomas rated it it was amazing
The story picks up where it left off. The author gave me just enough back information to catch up and then the story took off, pulling me back in time, to the west and the characters I’ve come to love.

The relationship between Trace and Red strengthens now that some of their secrets have been shared.

Red and Trace head out to gather much need provisions, making it past the horde outside. Their journey takes them to Mill Creek.

The town is like undead central, zombies everywhere. Red’s secret comes
Meganm922
Mar 12, 2016 Meganm922 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
review originally posted at Love Literature Art and Reason

Survivor Roundup was action packed and full of zombie mayhem. I loved the plot and the way the series seems to be progressing. It had me on the edge of my seat, especially when Trace and Red got separated. I didn’t know what to expect, if either of them would live in their new circumstances, and if they would find each other again.

It was so agonizing to see the two characters separated. Trace was injured and inside of an Indian camp. Red
Ryan Snyder
Nov 02, 2013 Ryan Snyder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hmaybe
3.9/5

I had a serious emotional breakdown when I was around 56 percent through with this book. lol. I am going to be honest with you. I had a small problem with one of my beloved characters and almost stopped reading because they were pissing me off. O.O But then I thought about it and a lot of it was overreaction on my part. Some of it was justified because my character just CHANGED and I was a little dumbfounded. But it was a justified change and my character was having a moment, so I decided t
Rachel
Sep 10, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing

I loved (devoured) the first book, and I was a cynic before reading. Zombie books are one of my favourite reads, and when I was given a zombie western to review, I was intrigued but figured that it would not work. I almost willed myself to hate it, being a die hard zombie book fan, but the opposite happened. How wrong I was, I grabbed this sequel as soon as I could to hear more of the characters Red and Trace. Their stories have moved on somewhat, and it is as atmospheric and gripping as the fir
Penelope Bartotto
Scott, has managed to do what most movie sequels do not... succeed in being better than the original. How can someone top a 5 Star review, get another one. Admittedly I am fairly stingy with them, but this series has kept me guessing and anticipating the next chapter from the beginning of Wanted: Dead or Undead.
A group of strangers brought together in book one, due to various circumstances, some within their control, and others totally out of their control, have gone from strangers to being a f
Sherry Fundin
Dec 20, 2013 Sherry Fundin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Spoiler Alert: Survivor Roundup is Book II in the Zombie West Series by Angela Scott. I could hardly wait to start this book, after finishing Wanted: Dead or Undead, Book I.

This is any unlikely story for me to rate 5 STARS, but it is full of suspense and surprises, as it twists its way down the dusty trail. If you like Zombies in any way, shape, or form, this book is a must read.

Caroline was having the baby and called for Red. Red was afraid to help. She knew she was different from the others a
Jo-Anna Walker
May 18, 2013 Jo-Anna Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angela Scott does it again with another fantastic read! I'm honored to say that I was approached back when a tour was being for regarding her second Desert book I believe and I fell in love with her writing that I had to read everything written by her and now I can proudly say, I HAVE READ EVERY BOOK BY ANGELA SCOTT!!! (so far that is) ;)

Angela does it again with the sequel to her to The Zombie West series. I just love Red and Trace and every single character in these books. The zombies are awe
Carlie
Mar 01, 2015 Carlie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombielovin
This one is better than the first. There is not a lot of zombie fight action, it focuses more on the new adventures away from the fort with a new gang of people. I love Aponi and Kitchi. I'm glad the author loved them as well and kept them around. Trace and Red are apart for a great portion of the book but find their way back to each other and we finally meet the villain. This is a good quick read. On to the last book to see how it all turns out.
Nicole Luiken
I received a copy of the ebook in return for an honest review.

More zombies in the Old West. Good pacing with short punchy chapters alternating between Red (Elisabeth) and Trace. Book one was them finding each other and learning to survive, book two tackles Red's arch-nemesis John Gatherum, the doctor who cruelly experimented on Red. I liked how Red's zombie-fighting ability evolved and changed from book one and I liked the complicated relationship between her and her captor Nash. On the other ha
Kysha
May 01, 2013 Kysha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: digital-book
I had to buy this book after reading Wanted Dead or Undead. There was no way I couldn't know what happened to Red and Cowboy.

As the group got split, we don't know anything of Wen, Caroline and the kids until the end. The addition of the Native Americans and Davis was a good thing. I am usually leery of the addition of that many new characters, but they are key to the groups survival.

The relationship between Red and Nash was touching and creepy at the same time, think Stockholm Syndrome. I was ha
T.
Nov 28, 2013 T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-beta-prize
Book two of Scott's western-zombie series is a hit! Excellent story, and the author has a great writing style. Most of the character development already happened in the first book, so I was already familiar with the characters and interested to see what would happen in this book. Book 2 was all about the journey and giving us more of the horror that was John G. I loved it.
natalie mcclafferty
natalie mcclafferty marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Roger Garcia
Roger Garcia marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Breane Ross
Breane Ross marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Henrick Palsson
Henrick Palsson marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
  • Zombie Invasion (Zora Baker, #2)
  • Fever
  • Reaper's Touch
  • Loose Ends: A Zombie Novel
  • The Night Sweeper (The Sweeper Chronicles #1)
  • Among the Dead
  • 900 Miles (900 Miles #1)
  • The Becoming: Ground Zero (The Becoming, #2)
  • Necropolis Now (Zombie Ascension #1)
  • The Dying of the Light: Interval
  • Barely Alive (Barely Alive, #1)
  • Dying To Live & Fighting To Live - Double Edition
  • Sanctuary in Steel
  • United States of the Dead: Civil War, Zombies, and the End of America
  • Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
  • Sailing to Jessica
  • Circles
  • Sail Away: Journeys of a Merchant Seaman
I hear voices. Tiny fictional people sit on my shoulders and whisper their stories in my ear. Instead of medicating myself, I decided to pick up a pen, write down everything those voices tell me, and turn it into a book. I’m not crazy. I’m an author.

For the most part, I write contemporary Young Adult novels. However, through a writing exercise that spiraled out of control, I found myself writing a
More about Angela Scott...

The Zombie West Series (3 books)
  • Wanted: Dead or Undead (The Zombie West Series, #1)
  • Dead Plains (The Zombie West Series, #3)