Start by marking “Bad Medicine (The Borderland, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Medicine (The Borderland, #1)

Bad Medicine (The Edge of Texas #1)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  131 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
BAD MEDICINE: 94k word mystery/suspense/romantic thriller Unable to escape her past, Chloe Palmer returns to the Texas coast for her murdered father’s funeral and to face Rafael Solis, the man she left behind. Rafael never gave up hoping for Chloe’s return. She inherits her father’s shrimp boat and irascible crew, enabling her to make a living. Rafael’s passion breaks down ...more
Published March 4th 2012 (first published March 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Medicine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Medicine

Lady Raven RAVE!
Mar 20, 2012 Lady Raven RAVE! rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense-romance
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

BRIEF SUMMARY

Chloe is home for the funeral of her father who was murdered. While home she reconnects with Rafael, who she left seven years ago and was the town’s rich boy and now the town’s sheriff. Once she decides to work for the inherited shrimp boat everything starts to unfold.

THOUGHTS

This was an interesting read for me. To the reader, you would have to be a fan with the added ingredients of mystery, suspense and love to be a fan of this story.
Francy
Mar 21, 2012 Francy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Is it bad to add a book to my TR list based on the cover alone???
Mimi Barbour
Mar 08, 2012 Mimi Barbour rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story right from the beginning. Chloe caught my attention and had me cheering her on. She returns to a town where she's considered a thief - faces distain with a chip-on-her-shoulder and a lot of attitude - all to go to her murdered father's funeral. Her 3 year old daughter, Lacy, and her mother are the only people she cares about - oh yeah - and that sexy Rafael who she'd left behind seven years earlier with love for her burning in his gut and a bullet in his shoulder.

A secondary
Christi Snow
Mar 18, 2012 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
The author sent me this book while I was on vacation with my family. At the time, I was reading another book (and spending quality time with my family), but opened up the e-book just to check it out. From that moment on, every few minutes I got free, I spent with my nose in my Kindle because this book was irresistible. Once I started it, I could not put it down.

Normally in romance, there is a conflict keeping the hero and heroine from being with each other. That wasn't the case in this
Lynn Thompson
May 11, 2012 Lynn Thompson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read!Suspenseful, thrilling, and romantic!

When Chloe comes back to her hometown for her murdered dads funeral she runs into her ex, now Sheriff Rafael. Rafael is still holding a torch for her. He is surprised to find out she has a child, but no husband. Rafael wants her back. Chloe's plan is to bury her father and leave town, until she finds out that her father left her his shrimping boat. She makes the decision to stay and try shrimping for a living, besides that would give her the opport
Gina
Mar 12, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a soft spot for JD Faver's heroes and heroines. They're complex and multi-faceted with rich back stories that keep a reader eager to see how everything will turn out in the end. Chloe and Rafael are no exception. She's a shrimper's daughter; he's the childhood boyfriend who didn't stand up for Chloe when she needed him most. After the brutal murder of her father, Chloe returns to their small Texas island town, intent on staying only long enough for the funeral. But Rafael, now the town sh ...more
Carol
Aug 16, 2012 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After seven years, Chloe returns to the Texas coast for her murdered father's funeral, to the town that has little use for her and her soiled reputation. Rafael, her old love is now the town's sheriff, and still in love with her.

Wanting to leave the town as soon as possible, Chloe is delayed by the inheritance of her father's shrimp boat. She feels responsible for her mother's welfare, and remains to make a living for herself, her daughter and her mother.

Determined to find her father's killer, C
S. E Nelson
Apr 06, 2012 S. E Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story will make you believe in second chances. I found the characters very interesting. The storyline of the bad guy's heritage was very impressive, and fascinating. Well done. The leading man Rafael is what every heterosexual girl dreams of, and the leading lady Chloe is feisty and not your average primadona. The couple is very complementary and their storyline is believable. I found this book too interesting to put down, and the pace was just right. Highly recommended.
WiLoveBooks
Jun 07, 2012 WiLoveBooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
When Chloe comes back to town for her father's funeral, she and Rafael pick up where they left off. At first, I wasn't sure what to think of Chloe, but started to understand her more as her story came out. Rafael is such a sweet guy. He still loves her, even though she left him years ago. He is also investigating her father's murder. This is a sweet second-chance romance blended with murder and suspense. A fantastic combination.
Becky
Jul 23, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story about Chloe and Raphael and how they find each other again after his family lied to keep them apart. I thought the pursuit of Rahpael for Chloe was a little bit too fast but I enjoyed the story line with Manny and the drug runners. It got a little long winded towards the end which made the story drag a bit but I enjoyed the whole book
Jan Raymond
Apr 29, 2015 Jan Raymond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a gripping story. There is an element of mystery from the start and you don't know where the story is going and what you will find as you read. I found myself empathizing with Chloe from the word go. How tough it is to face your past and the demons it contains is well fleshed out. Trying to solve a murder, start a business over, cope with a kid and the people she left behind, J.D. Faver paints it all brilliantly.

I loved the array of emotions between Rafael and Chloe. Over but not over. I
Jeanette Hornby
3 and a half Stars. An interesting story filled with intrigue. I particularly liked the Mexican folk-lore references and would have liked to learn more. I enjoyed the story and liked the main male character, again, would have liked further development. Overall, an entertaining read.
Stephanie
Mar 27, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, quick read for when I was sick.

Kept my attention and the chapters and sections were short enough for me to read when I was awake or only had a short amount of time to read.
Kerry
Aug 27, 2012 Kerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a pleasant surprise! I didn't think I would like it but I really did...A mix of romance and danger...can't go wrong with that...and I love it when the guy gets the girl!
Cynthia Cirrincione
This was an excellent book. I'm looking forward to reading more in this series. I loved how strong willed Chloe was. Very likeable characters.
Tara Manderino
Jul 16, 2014 Tara Manderino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read! Realistic characters tumbling from one event to another in an effort to catch 'the bad guys.' Loved it.
Michele
Dec 14, 2012 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. There was a lot of meat to it...a good backstory, and told from several angles.
Yolanda Renee
Oct 25, 2012 Yolanda Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read! Great story, lovely romance, thoroughly enjoyed!
Aurora
Apr 29, 2012 Aurora rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As Posted on DelightedReader.com

Chloe needs to return to the town that she was raised in for her murdered father’s funeral. She is now a single mom with a little girl marching into a town that considered her trash for being a lowly shrimpers daughter. Her childhood love is now the sheriff and his love never wavered. Rafael wants to prove to Chloe that he can protect her now and show her how much he has missed her over the years. But not only does Chloe have to face old enemies, she makes new on
Katrina
May 17, 2012 Katrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well balanced and put forth story - filled with mystery , intrigue , suspense and romance. Characters that will draw you into the pages, and a storyline that will keep you interest piqued to the end.

I really enjoyed the characters that J D Fayer has put forth, a compelling storyline, well paced, with that added bit of intrigue and a few twists and turns thrown in throughout.

Raffee was hot - The chemistry between the two main characters was smokin - and J D has certainly even added in a litte
Tanya
May 12, 2014 Tanya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A DNF for me, just too dull and I couldn't get into it. Your experience may differ from mine, but I just could not connect to the story or the characters.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
OK plot, shallow characters, poor writing skills.
Anabel
Anabel is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2016
Alyssa Edmonds
Alyssa Edmonds marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Natalie Shannon
Natalie Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Leslie M Green
Leslie M Green rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
  • The Good Daughter (Vista Security, #1)
  • Chasing a Dream
  • Destiny Wears Spurs
  • To Serve And Protect
  • Playing With Fire (All Fired Up #1)
  • The Huntress
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • The Protector (Crossfire, #1)
  • Man for the Morning (Salt Spring Island Friends Trilogy, #2)
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana, #2)
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • Sweet Vengeance
  • Rose, Undercover (Dead Roses, #1.1)
  • Conquering Passion
  • Tainted Morals
  • The French Detective's Woman
  • An Eye For Danger
  • The Texan's Bride
Writer of sexy and humorous contemporary romance and writer of sensual, dark romantic suspense. Can you say split personality?

Novels by J.D. Faver:
Bad Medicine-The Edge of Texas: Book 1
Bad Karma-The Edge of Texas: Book 2
Bad Vibes-The Edge of Texas: Book 3
Bad Dreams-The Edge of Texas: Book 4
A Sandcastle Christmas-The Edge of Texas: Book 5
On Ice (Romantic Thriller)
Bad Girl! (Romantic Thriller)
Kill S
More about J.D. Faver...

The Edge of Texas (5 books)
  • Bad Karma (The Edge of Texas #2)
  • Bad Vibes (The Edge of Texas #3)
  • BAD DREAMS: The Edge of Texas~Book 4 (Romantic Thriller)
  • A Sandcastle Christmas (The Edge of Texas)