Angel Fire (Angel, #2)

Angel Fire (Angel #2)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  10,287 ratings  ·  749 reviews
In Book Two of L. A. Weatherly's wildly romantic, action-packed trilogy, the angels are back with a vengeance . . . and they don't have heaven in mind. In the wake of the Second Wave, the angel menace has exploded, and Alex and Willow are on the lam. Willow's prophetic dream points them to Mexico City, where they connect with a fledgling group of angel killers led by the e...more
Published January 24th 2012 by Candlewick Press (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Angel Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Fire

Arushi
“I love Alex.”
“Oh my God, Seb though.”
“Seb is my brother. Seb is my best friend”
“I really love Alex.”
“I don’t want to hurt Alex.”
“Seb’s muscles.”
“Alex.”
“I shouldn’t be thinking thoughts like this.”
“Seb completes me.”
“Let me kiss Seb”
“That was wrong”
“Alex”
“I can’t be with him. I don’t want to hurt him.”
“Fuck that. Alex, let’s have sex.”

That was the thought process of Willow in Angel Fire. For all 709 pages of it. I contemplated giving it one star but this is pretty much the only book...more
Darlalala
What Willow hasn’t told Alex is that there was also a mysterious boy in her dream, one she felt overpoweringly attracted to. When brooding, gorgeous Seb shows up in the flesh, he turns out to be another—possibly the world’s only other—half angel. He’s been searching for Willow all his life, and when Alex enlists this rival to help keep Willow safe, he can’t predict what chemistry will pass between them . . .
-- so another love triangle? or prolly love square because of Kara, the AK from Alex's p...more
Ritika
Dec 16, 2012 Ritika rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!!
AFTER READING THE BOOK
This book really surpassed my expectations.It was more than awesome!!The tension in the last 200 or so pages will surely keep you on the edge!The emotional turmoil within Alex, Willow and Seb makes this novel even more amazing!Much much better than Angel which too was really good it seems that L.A. Weatherly has got even more better than she was.
This is definitely NOT to be missed.Am counting days until the release of the final book which would be the end to this awesom...more
Summer {is puntastic}
Once upon a time, there was a love triangle.

As a result, Summer hated the book.

The end.
Branwen *Blaidd Drwg*
Mar 05, 2012 Branwen *Blaidd Drwg* rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of angel romances
I really wanted to rank this book as two stars, but out of the love of the first book I ended up relenting and giving it three. I just want to start out by saying that I absolutely fell in love with the first book. I was expecting awesome things from this book, and sadly it didn't deliver.

The first problem I had with this book was the length. I love long books, don't get me wrong-but in this case you could honestly have chopped it in half and it would have been alot better. There was TOO MUCH o...more
Casey Ann
I'm sure you all agree that we have been holding our breathe for this novel. So once again I opened the pages to Willow and Alexs world I fall in love with the story all over again. 708 pages of pure perfection.

Willow and Alex are back! And even more in Love than before. You expect nothing to come in their way of love but could it? Who could possibly be able too? That thought I had running through this entrancing novel from beginning to end. This is a book for all tastes. This skilfully craft no...more
Fari
You know what sucks? When you have high expectations for a book, and then it really disappoints you. I would like to say that this was not the case for Angel Fire, but unfortunately, it was.

I did not like this book. Not at all. But I do have reasons as to why I didn't like it. If you actually liked this book, then no offense to you whatsoever, you're allowed to fancy whatever you fancy. And I guess if you don't like having books you liked/loved disliked, then go away, please? :D

I read the first...more
Alice Palmer
Erm... what can I say? You shouldn't judge a book by its cover but this... this is just crossing the line! Still, if it's anything as good as the first book then I think I may be able to turn a blind eye.

Liked the actual book though.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Angel Fire Review on K-Books

There are no words in my head right now that Oh. My. God. Angel Fire is such an emotional book and you are taken on an emotional roller-coaster while reading this book.

Willow and Alex are now more determined than ever to rid the world of the evil Angels and save humankind. But they can't do it alone. So they team up with a group of AK's, Angel Killers, just like Alex and Alex as the best of them all starts training them. However, unlike Alex they don't welcome half-an...more
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
"Willow, things feel more uncertain than ever now," he said finally. "But I love you. For as long as I live - if that's fifty years from now, or just next week - I'll love you."

Let me tell you, Angel Fire was mind-blowing, spine-tingling absolutely brilliant. L.A Weatherly blew me away with her first novel ‘Angel’ and she’s done it again and left my utterly speechless.

We’re back with Willow and Alex once again, their more in love than ever and have high spirits on their journey to try and find...more
Katy
Holy smokes, this book was LONG, like never-ending, incredibly long. You probably could take out a good chunk of the book (maybe even a third or half), and it would still be okay.

I liked the book although I liked the first one better. My initial reaction after reading the prologue was: Why do I have the feeling that Weatherly is trying to introduce a love triangle in this book? Please say it isn't so.

I don't understand why authors insist on putting love triangles in their sequels when we go thro...more
JeanBookNerd
Dec 14, 2011 JeanBookNerd rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
The Angel Series is one of those stories that truly deserve to be on my top ten favorites of all time. Not only is the story captivating and amazing, but I have also found an amazing friend. The author, L.A. Weatherly, has shown me that friendship can initiate online and remain to continue even if an ocean sets two people apart. I am gratefully humbled that I have a friend I can talk to, who also happens to write great stories.

Angel Fire, the second part of Weatherly’s Angel Series, was just as...more
Andrea
Am I the only one getting the heeby-geebies from this cover? Ah well, going to read it regardless, but seriously getting the heebies! Oh, the new cover is way better.

I liked the book, but it was way to long!
Whitney
UGH....- asdfghjkl;! So much emotion in a thick book. <33 I'd love to see the thickness of Angel Fever. But I have a feeling it'll be thinner or the same size as this one. OH WELL. I NEED THE THIRD BOOK EITHER WAY.

I seriously thought I would cry a few times during this book, buuuuut I didn't. Major will power, that is. I wouldn't be crying out of sadness...(well maybe one time)...but I'd probably be crying out of frustration and sympathy for Willow. And Alex. Hell, maybe even Seb. He just nee...more
Samantha
It is a very good thing that I do not judge books by cover. I'm not looking forward to the separation of the main characters. Can't any lovers just be together and defeat the bad guy? Oh well....Still cannot wait to read this book.
Aisha
Jun 09, 2011 Aisha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: got-the-book
hideous cover, it's actually pretty disturbing..
however i did enjoy the last story, so i'm going to shield my eyes from the cover and pretend i didn't see it.
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
I am gonna read this book because of the story... buh I think the cover is scary =\ just look at them both! They look weird...
Maria
I was thinking about the book for several days and the only reason i pushed away to write something is because simple i was not able to. My thoughts and my emotions was running up side down and simple i wanted to calm down and relax untill i will be able to write something... Not that important but something about this amazing book.

I had to be clear and say that i was waiting a whole year to have the second book in my hands.If you knew me you will probably know already that i adore L.A. Weatherl...more
Kiki
Susan Mann
I adored the first book in this series, Angel as you can see from my review and my look back posts. I wasn't sure than the sequel, Angel Fire could live up to my expectations. I need not have worried, this book surpassed me expectations and more.

When chatting to the lovely LA Weatherly on twitter, yes she is so lovely she chats back, she told me that there was going to be a love triangle in this book. This worried me, being a huge fan of Alex and Willow, I wanted them to live happily ever after,...more
Turquoise
Before reading this review, please remember that this is my opinions on Angel Fire, I respect any different(positive) comments on this book. This, however, is what I think.

After reading countless dystopian novels, I am GLAD to say that we are back on paranormal romance young-adult novels! How sick is that?

Immediately following up the event left off in Angel Burn, Angel Fire was written from 4 characters' POVs, and our heroin Willow was the first-person narrator of this book. Willow and her angel...more
Zoe Fish
Just finished reading Angel Fire and I have to admit I'm quite disappointed. Scratch that, severely disappointed. I can't even describe this book to the people around me without making infuriated, arm waving hand gestures. I loved the first book - even if Alex & Willow's romance got a little too mushy for me up at the cabin and my mind was screaming at Alex to just go after Willow sooner - but this was so, soooooo much worse than that. Why?

1) Love Triangle: These 2 words alone form the bigge...more
Mateja
I found writing a review for Angel Fire extremely hard and I've put it off for days after finishing up the book. There were parts of this book that I loved so much, I read them twice. Unfortunately there were also parts where reading was more of a chore than enjoyment. Overall I liked Angel Fire, but with the second book in the series read, I am still not a big fan of it.

But let me start about what I did like. And that is Sebastian. Seb is an amazing character that livened up the story just by m...more
Renee
"That's not really fair, you know," I said, leaning against the bike. "I can't just start changing my clothes out here the way you can."
The AK tattoo on Alex's bicep flexed as he pulled a long sleeved white thermal shirt over his head; he put on a faded red shirt over it, leaving it hanging open. He raised an eyebrow at me as he rolled up the sleeves a few turns. "Go for it. I don't mind."
I laughed. "No, I bet you don't. Nice try."

Once again L.A Weatherly blew me away with her second book in t...more
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
Last year I fell in love with Alex, Willow, their romance, and Angel as a whole. Since then I’ve been pinning away for Angel Fire this second book in the series. Angel set the standard pretty high and I was expecting Angel Fire to live up to that but what I didn’t expect was to be blown away even more than I was with Angel and I totally was.

L.A Weatherly takes everything fans loved about Angel and develops it more with this book. Straight away you’re thrown back into the action right where Angel...more
Booknut
Mar 31, 2012 Booknut rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dystopian lovers, angel fiction readers, romance readers, girls & Mexican-lovers
Recommended to Booknut by: The computer. I couldn't say no!
How to sum up this book and my feelings for/on it in 10 dot points:

1 - It was SO CUTE!
2 - I love Alex but I also love Seb
3 - Mexico is awesome
4 - I admire the kind of heroine Willow is (she thinks things through, acts selflessly, is so REAL you could almost imagine meeting her at school or something!)
5 - I love the plot, with the angels taking over the earth and the angel fighting and kick-ass action (come on; really, who ISN'T a fan of kick-ass action?!)
6 - Querida is my new fave word! Es...more
Arjun Thakrar (Excellent Reads)
Amazing. Beautiful. Fantastic. Thrilling. Gorgeous. Brilliant. Honestly, I could go on and on with more words to describe this book but you get the idea right. This book passed the standards; it was miles better than Angel and gave us everything we wanted. A story filled with fiery passion, shocking twists, a love made in heaven and Angels.

The first book was so frikkin amazing, entertaining, refreshing and unique, so I looked at this book and said, how on earth can you beat Angel, but clearly th...more
Arin
OkAY so I'm about half way through this book and I'm seriously getting mad with Kara God she is such a bitch I cant stand her if I was willow I would have slapped that bitch I mean who the HELL does she think she is and yes seb is nice and loves willow but honestly I don't feel the romance between him and willow like I do with willow and Alex its just different and WAOH DIDNT SEE THAT COMING spoiler under don't look******************************************************************

Alex has angel...more
Meltem Adaici
Cok zor bitirdim. Ilk kitaba gore cok daha uzun fakat daha az aksiyon var. Ozellikle MK egitimi icin gittikleri evde kaldiklari sure inanilmaz uzun ve bos geldi. Sonuda cok tahmin edilebilirdi. Bazi karakterler vardi ki yazilmalari yaratilmalari bile gereksiz olmus. Ilk kitabin hatrina okudum, pisman degilim fakat zamanimi fazlasiyla caldi son kitabida okuyup bu seriden kurtulmayi amacliyorum.
ONE WORD: AWESOME!!!
i loved it all the way through, it had every thing i love in a book: action, supernatural, mystery, betrayl, romance. and even in some parts i was forcing myself not to cry and i takes a lot for me to cry. if this book was a move (which i should be) it would be my absolute favourite movie ever:) !!!
i recomend it to everyone who like the supernatrual:D
Alex or Seb 93 176 Aug 08, 2014 02:05PM
Do you think in the 3rd book Seb and Alex will be best bros? (No spoilers please) 3 14 May 11, 2014 02:52AM
Seb or Alex? 14 32 Apr 16, 2014 08:43PM
Seb or Alex? 2 7 Aug 05, 2013 12:28PM
which guy would you choose??? 24 96 Apr 02, 2013 05:48AM
I picture Seb to look like.... 10 37 Dec 30, 2012 04:43PM
The YA Bookworms: Angel Fire 1 8 Oct 30, 2012 02:01PM
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Stealing Phoenix (Benedicts, #2)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Muse (Mercy, #3)
  • Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, #2)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Hades (Halo, #2)
  • Shift (Firstborn Trilogy, #2)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Black Halo (Grace, #3)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Immortal City (Immortal City, #1)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • The Hidden (The Hollow, #3)
Lee Weatherly was born in 1967 and grew up in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA. She lives with her husband in Hampshire, England, where she writes, goes on walks, tries out new recipes and has a cat named Bernard.

L.A. Weatherly is the pseudonym for Lee Weatherly. You can follow her on Twitter at @LA_Weatherly
More about L.A. Weatherly...
Angel (Angel, #1) Angel Fever (Angel, #3) Soul Mates Watcher Them

“Alex propped himself against the metal railing where Willow had just stood. "Okay, let's get something straight," he said in Spanish."If you think I don't know you're after my girfriend, you're crazy. And if you try to put any sleazy moves on her while you're here, you're going to regret it." Seb's knapsack was at his feet. He took out a pack of cigarettes; tapped out the last one and lit it.Settling back against the door jamb, he gave Alex a considering, faintly humorous look. "Sleazy moves?" he repeated. "Don't worry, I don't do sleazy moves."
"Let me rephrase," said Alex coldly "Any moves, just keep your hands off her.”
65 likes
“This is the ultimate bad-boy date, isn't it? Breaking into a different country."

"Hey, it makes a change from hot-wiring cars together."

"Been there, done that....Alex seriously, are you sure no one's going to shoot us?”
50 likes