Start by marking “Angel Fire (Angel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Angel Fire (Angel, #2)

Angel Fire (Angel #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  14,511 Ratings  ·  846 Reviews
In Book Two of L. A. Weatherly's wildly romantic, action-packed trilogy, the angels are back with a vengeance . . . and they don't have heaven in mind. In the wake of the Second Wave, the angel menace has exploded, and Alex and Willow are on the lam. Willow's prophetic dream points them to Mexico City, where they connect with a fledgling group of angel killers led by the e ...more
Published January 24th 2012 by Candlewick Press (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Angel Fire, please sign up.

Rai The first book, Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly explains your questions.

Arushi
“I love Alex.”
“Oh my God, Seb though.”
“Seb is my brother. Seb is my best friend”
“I really love Alex.”
“I don’t want to hurt Alex.”
“Seb’s muscles.”
“Alex.”
“I shouldn’t be thinking thoughts like this.”
“Seb completes me.”
“Let me kiss Seb”
“That was wrong”
“Alex”
“I can’t be with him. I don’t want to hurt him.”
“Fuck that. Alex, let’s have sex.”

That was the thought process of Willow in Angel Fire. For all 709 pages of it. I contemplated giving it one star but this is pretty much the only boo
Summer
Dec 26, 2013 Summer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fail, meh, fantasy
Once upon a time, there was a love triangle.

As a result, Summer hated the book.

The end.
Darlalala
What Willow hasn’t told Alex is that there was also a mysterious boy in her dream, one she felt overpoweringly attracted to. When brooding, gorgeous Seb shows up in the flesh, he turns out to be another—possibly the world’s only other—half angel. He’s been searching for Willow all his life, and when Alex enlists this rival to help keep Willow safe, he can’t predict what chemistry will pass between them . . .
-- so another love triangle? or prolly love square because of Kara, the AK from Alex's p
Ritika
Sep 18, 2011 Ritika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!!
AFTER READING THE BOOK
This book really surpassed my expectations.It was more than awesome!!The tension in the last 200 or so pages will surely keep you on the edge!The emotional turmoil within Alex, Willow and Seb makes this novel even more amazing!Much much better than Angel which too was really good it seems that L.A. Weatherly has got even more better than she was.
This is definitely NOT to be missed.Am counting days until the release of the final book which would be the end to this awesom
Casey Ann Books
Sep 18, 2011 Casey Ann Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm sure you all agree that we have been holding our breathe for this novel. So once again I opened the pages to Willow and Alexs world I fall in love with the story all over again. 708 pages of pure perfection.

Willow and Alex are back! And even more in Love than before. You expect nothing to come in their way of love but could it? Who could possibly be able too? That thought I had running through this entrancing novel from beginning to end. This is a book for all tastes. This skilfully craft no
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
"Willow, things feel more uncertain than ever now," he said finally. "But I love you. For as long as I live - if that's fifty years from now, or just next week - I'll love you."

Let me tell you, Angel Fire was mind-blowing, spine-tingling absolutely brilliant. L.A Weatherly blew me away with her first novel ‘Angel’ and she’s done it again and left my utterly speechless.

We’re back with Willow and Alex once again, their more in love than ever and have high spirits on their journey to try and find
Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*
Feb 29, 2012 Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah* rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of angel romances
I really wanted to rank this book as two stars, but out of the love of the first book I ended up relenting and giving it three. I just want to start out by saying that I absolutely fell in love with the first book. I was expecting awesome things from this book, and sadly it didn't deliver.

The first problem I had with this book was the length. I love long books, don't get me wrong-but in this case you could honestly have chopped it in half and it would have been alot better. There was TOO MUCH o
Alice
Feb 22, 2011 Alice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erm... what can I say? You shouldn't judge a book by its cover but this... this is just crossing the line! Still, if it's anything as good as the first book then I think I may be able to turn a blind eye.

Liked the actual book though.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Angel Fire Review on K-Books

There are no words in my head right now that Oh. My. God. Angel Fire is such an emotional book and you are taken on an emotional roller-coaster while reading this book.

Willow and Alex are now more determined than ever to rid the world of the evil Angels and save humankind. But they can't do it alone. So they team up with a group of AK's, Angel Killers, just like Alex and Alex as the best of them all starts training them. However, unlike Alex they don't welcome half-an
Katy
Feb 17, 2011 Katy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy smokes, this book was LONG, like never-ending, incredibly long. You probably could take out a good chunk of the book (maybe even a third or half), and it would still be okay.

I liked the book although I liked the first one better. My initial reaction after reading the prologue was: Why do I have the feeling that Weatherly is trying to introduce a love triangle in this book? Please say it isn't so.

I don't understand why authors insist on putting love triangles in their sequels when we go thro
Turquoise
Before reading this review, please remember that this is my opinions on Angel Fire, I respect any different(positive) comments on this book. This, however, is what I think.

After reading countless dystopian novels, I am GLAD to say that we are back on paranormal romance young-adult novels! How sick is that?

Immediately following up the event left off in Angel Burn, Angel Fire was written from 4 characters' POVs, and our heroin Willow was the first-person narrator of this book. Willow and her angel
JeanBookNerd
Nov 04, 2011 JeanBookNerd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
The Angel Series is one of those stories that truly deserve to be on my top ten favorites of all time. Not only is the story captivating and amazing, but I have also found an amazing friend. The author, L.A. Weatherly, has shown me that friendship can initiate online and remain to continue even if an ocean sets two people apart. I am gratefully humbled that I have a friend I can talk to, who also happens to write great stories.

Angel Fire, the second part of Weatherly’s Angel Series, was just as
Wendy Darling
3.5 stars I really liked Angel and was very excited to see where the story would go next. The rest of this is slightly spoilery, but it's probably nothing that hasn't been predicted before.

I expected that since Alex and Willow got together in the last book, there would be conflict between them in this one--and to be sure, they're not only separated and have misunderstandings, but there's also the introduction of a second love interest. I wasn't a big fan of this idea since I really liked Willow
Andrea
Mar 22, 2011 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Am I the only one getting the heeby-geebies from this cover? Ah well, going to read it regardless, but seriously getting the heebies! Oh, the new cover is way better.

I liked the book, but it was way to long!
Sarah Marie
Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly

Second book in Angel Trilogy

4 stars

*Warning there may be will be spoilers ahead*

We are once again introduced to Willow Fields and Alex Kylar, but a new cast characters is thrown in and new villains tango with Raziel. After the disaster of trying to stop the Second Wave, more angels have come to Earth and are preying on people. Hospitals are overflowing, there aren’t enough doctors, and people are still worshipping angels, but now more than ever. Willow has a prophetic

Zoe Fish
Just finished reading Angel Fire and I have to admit I'm quite disappointed. Scratch that, severely disappointed. I can't even describe this book to the people around me without making infuriated, arm waving hand gestures. I loved the first book - even if Alex & Willow's romance got a little too mushy for me up at the cabin and my mind was screaming at Alex to just go after Willow sooner - but this was so, soooooo much worse than that. Why?

1) Love Triangle: These 2 words alone form the bigge
Whitney
UGH....- asdfghjkl;! So much emotion in a thick book. <33 I'd love to see the thickness of Angel Fever. But I have a feeling it'll be thinner or the same size as this one. OH WELL. I NEED THE THIRD BOOK EITHER WAY.

I seriously thought I would cry a few times during this book, buuuuut I didn't. Major will power, that is. I wouldn't be crying out of sadness...(well maybe one time)...but I'd probably be crying out of frustration and sympathy for Willow. And Alex. Hell, maybe even Seb. He just nee
Samantha
It is a very good thing that I do not judge books by cover. I'm not looking forward to the separation of the main characters. Can't any lovers just be together and defeat the bad guy? Oh well....Still cannot wait to read this book.
Saniya
Mar 09, 2011 Saniya marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I am gonna read this book because of the story... buh I think the cover is scary =\ just look at them both! They look weird...
Aisha
Jun 09, 2011 Aisha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: got-the-book
hideous cover, it's actually pretty disturbing..
however i did enjoy the last story, so i'm going to shield my eyes from the cover and pretend i didn't see it.
Kiki
Oct 17, 2011 Kiki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Susan Mann
Dec 14, 2011 Susan Mann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I adored the first book in this series, Angel as you can see from my review and my look back posts. I wasn't sure than the sequel, Angel Fire could live up to my expectations. I need not have worried, this book surpassed me expectations and more.

When chatting to the lovely LA Weatherly on twitter, yes she is so lovely she chats back, she told me that there was going to be a love triangle in this book. This worried me, being a huge fan of Alex and Willow, I wanted them to live happily ever after,
Booknut
Feb 19, 2012 Booknut rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dystopian lovers, angel fiction readers, romance readers, girls & Mexican-lovers
Recommended to Booknut by: The computer. I couldn't say no!
How to sum up this book and my feelings for/on it in 10 dot points:

1 - It was SO CUTE!
2 - I love Alex but I also love Seb
3 - Mexico is awesome
4 - I admire the kind of heroine Willow is (she thinks things through, acts selflessly, is so REAL you could almost imagine meeting her at school or something!)
5 - I love the plot, with the angels taking over the earth and the angel fighting and kick-ass action (come on; really, who ISN'T a fan of kick-ass action?!)
6 - Querida is my new fave word! Es
Maria
Jan 17, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was thinking about the book for several days and the only reason i pushed away to write something is because simple i was not able to. My thoughts and my emotions was running up side down and simple i wanted to calm down and relax untill i will be able to write something... Not that important but something about this amazing book.

I had to be clear and say that i was waiting a whole year to have the second book in my hands.If you knew me you will probably know already that i adore L.A. Weatherl
Nigham

The difference between Angel and some ‘OTHER’ popular series:

ANGEL – THE IMMORTAL INSTRUMENTS

Angel Killers (AK) kill angels --- Shadow hunters kill demons

ANGEL – TWILIGHT

Love triangle (Seb ♥ Willow ♥ Alex) --- Love triangle (Jacob ♥ Bella ♥ Edward)

ANGEL – HUSH HUSH

Angels and Half Angels --- Angels and Nephilium

Still, I'm liking the series so far. :p <3
Willow <3 Alex
Please Seb being brother is NOT that bad, you know. :p
Arjun Thakrar (Excellent Reads)
Amazing. Beautiful. Fantastic. Thrilling. Gorgeous. Brilliant. Honestly, I could go on and on with more words to describe this book but you get the idea right. This book passed the standards; it was miles better than Angel and gave us everything we wanted. A story filled with fiery passion, shocking twists, a love made in heaven and Angels.

The first book was so frikkin amazing, entertaining, refreshing and unique, so I looked at this book and said, how on earth can you beat Angel, but clearly th
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
Last year I fell in love with Alex, Willow, their romance, and Angel as a whole. Since then I’ve been pinning away for Angel Fire this second book in the series. Angel set the standard pretty high and I was expecting Angel Fire to live up to that but what I didn’t expect was to be blown away even more than I was with Angel and I totally was.

L.A Weatherly takes everything fans loved about Angel and develops it more with this book. Straight away you’re thrown back into the action right where Angel
Mateja
Feb 22, 2011 Mateja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found writing a review for Angel Fire extremely hard and I've put it off for days after finishing up the book. There were parts of this book that I loved so much, I read them twice. Unfortunately there were also parts where reading was more of a chore than enjoyment. Overall I liked Angel Fire, but with the second book in the series read, I am still not a big fan of it.

But let me start about what I did like. And that is Sebastian. Seb is an amazing character that livened up the story just by m
Dani Saunders
Oct 12, 2011 Dani Saunders rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-mg
A couple parts of this review might be seen as spoilery by some. Sorry, but I couldn’t explain my low rating any other way. You’ve been warned.

Thanks to Goodreads and Candlewick for sending me an ARC. Angel Fire is the second book in L.A. Weatherly’s angel series and begins almost exactly where Angel Burn left off. I’m actually shocked at how many people seem to love this series. I thought the first book was ok, but I had to force myself to finish this one. Let’s start with the most obvious issu
Ravencrantz
You know how you really want to enjoy a book but you just want to yell at every character you come across? Yeah, that's this one. I feel in love with the first book, despite its flaws, and really only picked up the second one on impulse at the library. I liked where the first one left off and didn't really care how it continued.

My main problem with this book was the length. I love long books, but only when relevant plot happens within those pages. Which brings me to problem two. Useless love tr
Review of Angel Fire 1 1 Apr 25, 2016 10:03AM
Alex or Seb 96 200 Sep 06, 2015 03:19PM
Seb or Alex? 15 41 Jan 02, 2015 03:25AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Angel Fire (Angel #2) by L.A Weatherly December 14th 2 43 Nov 06, 2014 02:01AM
Do you think in the 3rd book Seb and Alex will be best bros? (No spoilers please) 3 17 May 11, 2014 02:52AM
Seb or Alex? 2 8 Aug 05, 2013 12:28PM
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Fury (Mercy, #4)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Seeking Crystal (Benedicts, #3)
  • Severed (Fated, #2)
  • Hades (Halo, #2)
  • Lemniscate (Angel Star, #2)
  • Dark Heart Rising (Dark Heart, #2)
  • Ferryman
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Forbidden
Lee Weatherly was born in 1967 and grew up in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA. She lives with her husband in Hampshire, England, where she writes, goes on walks, tries out new recipes and has a cat named Bernard.

L.A. Weatherly is the pseudonym for Lee Weatherly. You can follow her on Twitter at @LA_Weatherly
More about L.A. Weatherly...

Angel (3 books)
  • Angel (Angel, #1)
  • Angel Fever (Angel, #3)

“Alex propped himself against the metal railing where Willow had just stood. "Okay, let's get something straight," he said in Spanish."If you think I don't know you're after my girfriend, you're crazy. And if you try to put any sleazy moves on her while you're here, you're going to regret it." Seb's knapsack was at his feet. He took out a pack of cigarettes; tapped out the last one and lit it.Settling back against the door jamb, he gave Alex a considering, faintly humorous look. "Sleazy moves?" he repeated. "Don't worry, I don't do sleazy moves."
"Let me rephrase," said Alex coldly "Any moves, just keep your hands off her.”
65 likes
“This is the ultimate bad-boy date, isn't it? Breaking into a different country."

"Hey, it makes a change from hot-wiring cars together."

"Been there, done that....Alex seriously, are you sure no one's going to shoot us?”
54 likes