Start by marking “Devil's Moon” as Want to Read:
Devil's Moon

Devil's Moon

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Sure, Jane Wilson had some problems. As in, she disliked her job and her stepson disliked her. Yet, for the most part, she couldn't complain too loudly. Her new husband, Sam, was a wonderful - and gorgeous - man; her beloved - and ugly - old dog, Devil, was weathering his age well. So, with all that in mind, Jane was looking forward to the holidays. Then along came Bambi…

A...more
Published July 7th 2012 by Rebecca Stroud (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Moon

Grammy 1
4****Stars

I had read the review for the PRG for Do Unto Others, and was unsure of what Ms Stroud’s Devil’s Moon would be about. Suffice to say this short novel under 150 pages did not disappoint. Miss Stroud has a great writing style with the POV coming from all her ensemble, so you know what is going on with all of them.

Sam Wilson has gotten it right the second time, divorcing the cheerleader Barbie doll first wife, and meeting the love of his life. He has married Jane and they are deeply in lo...more
Loves To Dive

Jane Wilson loves the Christmas season, and she has high hopes for this one, after all she has a wonderful new husband, Sam, and her beloved old dog Devil, a girl couldn’t ask for more out of life. Sure she has the world’s worst boss, and a job that sucks, and her relationship with her stepson is not the greatest, but Jane is not going to let those few little problems get her down.

Unfortunately, it seems Sam’s psycho ex-wife Bambi has decided that it’s time that Sam realizes what a big...more
Nicola
A heart warming story about the difficulty in creating a new family. Jane loves Christmas, her dog Devil and the new family she is creating with Sam. Life is not perfect though. She hates her job, has a horrible boss and her stepson apparently has no desire to get along with her. Oh yah - and the miserable ex-wife will do anything to destoy her marriage and get Sam back.
Jane comes home to find strange things happening around her that make no sense at all. Silly things, like ornaments being moved...more
Lisa Williamson
I picked this up on a free promo and now i wish I had paid full price! This is one amazingly good story. In turns Rebecca had me laughing and crying. Devil is such a wonderful dog. Big and sweet and loyal. Just like he should be. Bambi, the villain of the piece, got what she deserved in the end. Yes it is sad to see a woman descend like she did but what she did to Devil and to Jane was wrong.

I loved the relationship between Jane and Sam, the growing relationships between Jane and Danny and Danny...more
Debbie
An awkward start, due to what I felt was the author attempting to fill her sentences with more words than necessary, tempted me to delete this book from my Kindle and move on. I kept reading because the story involved a woman and her dog. While it ended up being a three-star book for me, I'm not disappointed that I chose to finish it. The sentence filling commenced, and the story was somewhat entertaining. What I will remember most about reading this book though is the moment that brought tears...more
mountainmama
Jane and Sam are happily married, and it’s driving Sam’s psychotic, vindictive ex-wife mad. She retaliates by hatching a scheme to make their lives miserable. A self-centered alcoholic, Bambi escalates her plans for revenge as they fail to achieve the desired effect quickly enough to suit her. You watch in horror as Bambi destroys Sam’s family.

A fast-paced and absorbing read, the characters were well-drawn, allowing you to quickly identify and root for the good guys/gals/dogs. And the ending is...more
Jackie
Good short story, well developed characters.....
Ch'kara SilverWolf
Wow what an amazing story. I read it in one sitting. I kept trying to put it aside and get on with other things, but finally gave up and indulged in reading until the end.

It is a wonderful love story of human and animal. It has joy and happiness, pain and agony. I smiled and cried my way through it. It has a thoroughly horrible villain. Then there's the ending. Well, I will not give that away, but it was well worth the read for the mysterious ending.

This is the first book I have read from this a...more
Dorel
This is the first book I read by Rebecca Stroud. It's not much I can say this book just didn't hold my interest.
Pamela Bailey
Pamela Bailey marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Michelle Gershon
Michelle Gershon marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Jean Dunham
Jean Dunham marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Betty Macy
Betty Macy marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Swamp Ophelia
Swamp Ophelia marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Monica Dowell
Monica Dowell marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Filly
Filly marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Barbara Powers
Barbara Powers marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Julene
Julene added it
Sep 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Do Unto Others Zellwood : A Dog Story A Three-Dog Night: Short Stories Dragon's Moon The Animal Advocate