Start by marking “Devil's Moon” as Want to Read:
Devil's Moon

Devil's Moon

Sure, Jane Wilson had some problems. As in, she disliked her job and her stepson disliked her. Yet, for the most part, she couldn't complain too loudly. Her new husband, Sam, was a wonderful - and gorgeous - man; her beloved - and ugly - old dog, Devil, was weathering his age well. So, with all that in mind, Jane was looking forward to the holidays. Then along came Bambi…

A
Published July 7th 2012 by Rebecca Stroud (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Moon

Loves To Dive
Jun 11, 2012 Loves To Dive rated it really liked it

Jane Wilson loves the Christmas season, and she has high hopes for this one, after all she has a wonderful new husband, Sam, and her beloved old dog Devil, a girl couldn’t ask for more out of life. Sure she has the world’s worst boss, and a job that sucks, and her relationship with her stepson is not the greatest, but Jane is not going to let those few little problems get her down.

Unfortunately, it seems Sam’s psycho ex-wife Bambi has decided that it’s time that Sam realizes what a big
Grammy 1
Jun 05, 2012 Grammy 1 rated it really liked it
4****Stars

I had read the review for the PRG for Do Unto Others, and was unsure of what Ms Stroud’s Devil’s Moon would be about. Suffice to say this short novel under 150 pages did not disappoint. Miss Stroud has a great writing style with the POV coming from all her ensemble, so you know what is going on with all of them.

Sam Wilson has gotten it right the second time, divorcing the cheerleader Barbie doll first wife, and meeting the love of his life. He has married Jane and they are deeply in lo
Nicola
Jul 24, 2012 Nicola rated it really liked it
A heart warming story about the difficulty in creating a new family. Jane loves Christmas, her dog Devil and the new family she is creating with Sam. Life is not perfect though. She hates her job, has a horrible boss and her stepson apparently has no desire to get along with her. Oh yah - and the miserable ex-wife will do anything to destoy her marriage and get Sam back.
Jane comes home to find strange things happening around her that make no sense at all. Silly things, like ornaments being moved
Debbie
Jan 25, 2013 Debbie rated it liked it
An awkward start, due to what I felt was the author attempting to fill her sentences with more words than necessary, tempted me to delete this book from my Kindle and move on. I kept reading because the story involved a woman and her dog. While it ended up being a three-star book for me, I'm not disappointed that I chose to finish it. The sentence filling commenced, and the story was somewhat entertaining. What I will remember most about reading this book though is the moment that brought tears ...more
Lisa Williamson
Oct 29, 2012 Lisa Williamson rated it it was amazing
I picked this up on a free promo and now i wish I had paid full price! This is one amazingly good story. In turns Rebecca had me laughing and crying. Devil is such a wonderful dog. Big and sweet and loyal. Just like he should be. Bambi, the villain of the piece, got what she deserved in the end. Yes it is sad to see a woman descend like she did but what she did to Devil and to Jane was wrong.

I loved the relationship between Jane and Sam, the growing relationships between Jane and Danny and Danny
mountainmama
May 14, 2012 mountainmama rated it it was amazing
Jane and Sam are happily married, and it’s driving Sam’s psychotic, vindictive ex-wife mad. She retaliates by hatching a scheme to make their lives miserable. A self-centered alcoholic, Bambi escalates her plans for revenge as they fail to achieve the desired effect quickly enough to suit her. You watch in horror as Bambi destroys Sam’s family.

A fast-paced and absorbing read, the characters were well-drawn, allowing you to quickly identify and root for the good guys/gals/dogs. And the ending is
Ch'kara SilverWolf
Dec 06, 2013 Ch'kara SilverWolf rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing story. I read it in one sitting. I kept trying to put it aside and get on with other things, but finally gave up and indulged in reading until the end.

It is a wonderful love story of human and animal. It has joy and happiness, pain and agony. I smiled and cried my way through it. It has a thoroughly horrible villain. Then there's the ending. Well, I will not give that away, but it was well worth the read for the mysterious ending.

This is the first book I have read from this a
Jackie
Oct 10, 2014 Jackie rated it really liked it
Good short story, well developed characters.....
Dorel
Oct 08, 2012 Dorel rated it did not like it
This is the first book I read by Rebecca Stroud. It's not much I can say this book just didn't hold my interest.
Michael Phelps
Michael Phelps rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2013
Tami Payton
Tami Payton rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Kim Spinabella
Kim Spinabella rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Leo
Leo rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2013
Bob & Sherri
Bob & Sherri rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2016
Dianne Lambier
Dianne Lambier rated it did not like it
Mar 21, 2015
Fay & Ron
Fay & Ron rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2012
Sheila
Sheila rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Frank Atkins
Frank Atkins rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Charmain
Charmain rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Delaina
Delaina rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Charlene
Charlene rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Amy Trahan
Amy Trahan rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was ok
May 17, 2013
Jennifer Lake
Jennifer Lake rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2017
Mercedes
Mercedes rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2012