Start by marking “Ritual in Death” as Want to Read:
Ritual in Death

Ritual in Death (In Death #27.5)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  8,775 Ratings  ·  165 Reviews
LENGTH -- 2 hrs and 54 mins

Audiobook, Unabridged - Audible Edition
Published November 2008 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2008)

Aly is so frigging bored
2nd read 19-23 May 2016

1st read September 26 to 30 2013
Catherine
Nov 16, 2015 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything I love about this series packed into a short, quick novella.
Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~

The best novella in the series to date. Eve is at her best when she's pissed off, and here the ritualistic killing of a young woman has her spitting fire. You know who ever did this is in for it when even Dr. Mira is so angry she's willing to bend a few rules! There were enough possibilities here for a full length novel, nonetheless, this quick read still packed a mighty punch.
Lyndi
Feb 26, 2016 Lyndi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice to see Isis again. Gruesome murder this time, too. Love it :)

I like how quickly I can get through the novellas, but I also enjoy the more fleshed out stories in the full length novels. I wish the author would give us something in between. I know she's capable. I'm just having difficulty plowing through 400 page novels at the moment.
Kara-karina
This short story resolved way too easily. Still, I like how all J.D. Robb's shorts have paranormal elements. It's just a little bit different from her full novels. It's funny though that when Roarke and Eve go to some fancy do, it always ends up with murder! *grins*

* * *

Как обычно, расследование в одной из повестей автора разрешилось слишком уж быстро и удобно. Всё-же мне нравится, что она вносит элемент паранормального во все свои короткие истории, да и смешно просто, что каждый раз когда Роарк
Netha
baru semangat ngereview roarke & eve nih.....

Eve paling bete kalo disuruh ke pesta dengan gaun yg lebih banyak menampilkan kulitnya dibandingkan menutupi ditambah dengan stiletto yg hanya membuat kakinya kram & susah untuk dipake lari.
tapi setidaknya stils membuat matanya sejajar dengan roarke, mata biru indah yg selalu membuatnya terpesona.

Eve sadar sebagai istri Roarke dia harus diharapkan membaur & bersosialisasi dengan siapapun.
tapi dia tidak diharuskan untuk menyukai orang2 ters
Aya
Dec 15, 2016 Aya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
In Death: 27.5
Timeline-wise, it is still pre-Louise bachelorette party. Isis from book 5 makes a reappearance, though her role was a bit cringeworthy. I have not been impressed with the recent short stories in this series. The author makes an effort to add a touch of the paranormal/supernatural to make them a little different than the full size stories, but Eve's rampant skepticism doesn't allow for any glimmer of credibility. The case here felt rushed and slapdash, the motive unbelievable, and
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
4 Stars

JD Robb really does excel at providing fans of her In Death series with engaging novellas in between full-length stories. Things start off quickly as always when a party that Eve and Roarke are attending is interrupted by a bloodied man screaming about murder. This sets off a creepy investigation which has Eve enraged on behalf of the murder victim.

Because of the shorter page length, the actual mystery does really last that long. Eve has everything figured out early on in the story, but s
Jerry
May 05, 2016 Jerry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The prolific JD Robb has throughout the 21-year span of her popular “In Death” series spelled us fans in between her full-length novels with novellas to keep us interested. These are not the newly-found teaser works of many current authors, who are really just marketing introductory chapters of their pending “best seller”.

“Ritual”, published in 2008, starts when a blood-covered naked man wanders into a hotel party being attended by Roarke and Eve. She naturally goes into detective mode; and soo
Karen
Lieutenant Eve Dallas's boring evening of socializing amongst the New York societal elite of 2060 becomes suddenly more interesting when a naked man covered in blood and carrying a knife crashes the party. In Suite 606 of The Palace Hotel, Eve discovers a woman who has been ritualistically murdered in a manner with Satanic overtones. The novella length case guest stars the wiccan priestess Isis who provides information to Eve before cleansing the area of the evil done therein. Eve's access to a ...more
Angela James
Jan 22, 2010 Angela James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, mystery
I actually listened to this audiobook the day I had my LASIK surgery. The narrator who reads these books, Susan Erickson, is very talented. I normally don't care for audiobooks but she does a fantastic job of making the books distinctive. My only issue was her Peabody voice, which she made slow and country. It made Peabody appear stupid, and I found it an insult to people from rural areas, as if they all speak slowly and country just because they're from a small area. The way she does that voice ...more
Nikinnia Smith
Pretty good, but not one of my favorite in the In Death series. It was a fun, short read. I guess what I didn't like about this book is that there wasn't much of an investigation. It was mostly just magical type things to help solve the case.
I was happy to find out that (view spoiler)
Micky Cox
Jul 15, 2016 Micky Cox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting visit to the land of Lt Dallas and Roarke! In this novella we find Dallas and her ever steady sidekick Peabody searching for the vicious killers of a young woman that has ritualistic overtones. Is the grounded Dallas really up against vicious demons or has a group of crazy people gone wild! As with previous novella's in this series, there is a touch of the paranormal at work and it's quite entertaining and still fits in well with the rest of the series.
Venus Blancia
Sep 24, 2015 Venus Blancia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, novella, crime
I'll drink your blood in a silver cup Another test for our Lieutenant Eve, the pragmatist, to believe the all the rituals of death. I can't help smiling imagining Eve watching Isis doing "I'm a goddess.."> You'll love this fast read, tamed Eve wearing heels and attending the rich and the famous glamour and still death.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

"When a high-society party is crashed by a naked, knife-wielding, blood-covered man who "thinks" he might have killed someone, Eve Dallas must track down the crime, and the criminals. Everything points to Satanic ritual, but Eve doesn't believe in devil worship.…" (From Amazon)

An okay In Death novella...not a favourite.
Laura Beth
This is one of the better of the novellas. I like the pace and plot of this story and the paranormal is kept to the minimum.
This is the story of a murder in a hotel room (666 or 606) and Eve's quick solve of that murder.
Kristi
Apr 27, 2016 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great short that took us back about to the two year mark in Roark and Eve's relationship. Boy have they evolved over the series! Very entertaining novella! Glad I'm getting to these!
Jess
I thought this one was scarier than normal.
Heather
Dec 15, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick delicious snack! Friggin love these books.
Lynda
Jul 24, 2016 Lynda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread, raised to 4 stars. Really enjoyed.
Gabrielle
Oct 16, 2016 Gabrielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one my favorite.
Karen
May 16, 2016 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are so quick. Almost too quick. I think this could have been a full length story.
Rose
Jan 10, 2017 Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read
Belles
Jan 01, 2017 Belles rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not one of the better short stories in the series, imho.
MountainKat
*4- Stars*

Good, but probably simpler than even the other novellas. But it was Roarke and Eve and everyone else, narrated wonderfully by Susan Ericksen - so it was enjoyable to me.
OpenBookSociety.com

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

ritual-in-death-j-d-robbRitual in Death is a short novella that originally appeared in the anthology, Suite 606. And, likewise this review will also be short and sweet.

Roarke has dragged Eve to another party, where we get some of the best Eve lines I’ve seen in awhile!

“I have to say you don’t look anything like a policewoman.” Maxia’s perfect eyebrows arched as she gave Eve’s dress a quick sc
Malin
Eve Dallas and her multi-gazillionaire husband are at a swanky party with one of his society friends in one of his many New York hotels. Suddenly a naked man staggers in, clearly disorientated, covered in blood and clutching a knife. Eve traces the bloody footprints to another hotel suite, where they find a young woman clearly murdered in what appears to be intended as a Satanic ritual of some sort. The suite shows clear signs that quite the raucous party with food, drugs, wine and sex took plac ...more
Kathleen Dixon
I have enjoyed every other Eve Dallas novel that I've read, even the half-novels (I suppose we should call them 'novelettes'), so am very sad giving this ONE star. The problem is that I couldn't read it because my library only had electronic copies.

I'm still a novice Audiobook 'reader' (and yes, I still have issues over saying I've read a book when I've only listened to it - call me old-fashioned). I read The Greatest Show Off Earth on Audio, and that was fun. It was easy to listen to because it
Magpie67
The cult extreme and Satan: A different view on religion from the last title Salvation in Death. A young woman was murdered and a young doctor was set up for the crime. Eve and Roarke were at a party in the hotel when the doctor came stumbling in... covered in blood wearing no clothes. The blood trail led to a room of food, drinks and orgy delights. A pentagram was drawn in the middle and there laid the deceased. The Asante group had booked a room that night to perform a ritual and sacrificed a ...more
ѕєяєηιтι
Bayağıdır okumuyordum seriden bir kitap iyi geldi:) Beğenmedim dediğim kitap olmadı bu seride o yüzden değişik bir yorumum yok bu konuda yine beğendim:)

Kitabın başlangıcı süperdi bi kere Eve ve topuklu ayakkabılar ve söylemleri güzel bir kitap olacağı açıktı. Ama en güzelide yine Roarke'nin ağırlıkta olduğu kitaplardan biriydi en sevdiklerimde onlar oluyor zaten Neden ağırlıkta derseniz yine Roarke'nin mekanında geçiyor olay Eve ve Roarke bir partideler partinin verildiği hotelde Roarke'nin.. Pa
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.6)
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Only Survivors Tell Tales
  • In Sunshine or in Shadow: Short Stories, Volume 1
  • Fade (In The Company of Shadows, #4)
  • Mackenzie's Magic (Mackenzie Family, #4)
  • Date Night (Zero at the Bone, #1.1)
  • A Matter of Time Book III (A Matter of Time #3)
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
  • Festive in Death: by JD Robb | Summary & Analysis
  • Naked Came the Phoenix
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Echoes in Death, on sale February 2017, is the 44th ent ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 45 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)

“Her feet were killing her. And it made her imagine traveling back in time, hunting down whoever had invented stiletto heels, and beating the crap out of him.” 31 likes
“I have to say you don't look anything like a policewoman." Maxia's perfect eyebrows arched as she gave Eve's dress a quick scan. "Leonardo dresses you, doesn't he?"

"No, I usually do it myself.”
16 likes