Crime Factory: The First Shift

Crime Factory: The First Shift

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
They broke free from their workstations and ran giggling down the factory hallways, stopping only to scraw crude missives on the walls. Transcribed here for your amusement, the most original voices in crime fiction from around the world offers you 27 tales of revulsion, heartbreak and violence.

Welcome to the First Shift.
292 pages
Published 2012 by The Crime Factory (first published September 11th 2011)

Karen
Right, here it is. I want more short story collections.

There aren't enough thriller / crime fiction short story collections being published.

I don't care if I'm not a "normal reader" or if they aren't very popular or whatever other weasel words you want to chuck around. I LIKE short story collections.

Part of the reason I like them is because they give a reader a chance to find new authors with storytelling styles that appeal, or even to revisit favourite authors.

They work regardless of whether th...more
Elizabeth A.
The amazing team at Crime Factory Magazine – Keith Rawson, Cameron Ashley, and Jimmy Callaway – have put together an anthology of twenty-seven stories featuring an almost embarrassingly rich bounty of talent.

Of course it would be unwieldy for me to review all twenty-seven stories, not to mention take the fun out of you discovering some of them on your own, so here are just a few of the ones that were highlights for me…

“Glory B.” by Josh Converse – Ever wondered how robbery crews get together? I...more
The stories in this collection shame the hell out of me. I'm just going to quit writing, now!
Pamela D
Pamela D marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Andy Echevarria
Andy Echevarria marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Dbart
Dbart marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Louis
Louis marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
Gordon
Gordon marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Jason Duke
Jason Duke marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2013
Ismael Schonhorst
Ismael Schonhorst marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Paul Brazill
Paul Brazill marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
Jeff Barr
Jeff Barr marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2012
Jan
Jan added it
May 24, 2012
Tony Black
Tony Black marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
A.K. Wrox
A.K. Wrox marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Sabrina Ogden
Sabrina Ogden marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2011
Thomas Pluck
Thomas Pluck marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2011
Rod  Norman
Rod Norman marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2011
The Chaos We Know Laughing at Dead Men Crime Factory: The First Shift Shotgun Honey Presents: Both Barrels Beat to a Pulp: Superhero