Start by marking “Devil's Ridge (The Dark Earth, #1)” as Want to Read:
Devil's Ridge (The Dark Earth, #1)

Devil's Ridge (The Dark Earth Manga #1)

Aidan has always dreamed of a different life, one that was somehow more than what he knew. Desperate times force him and his adoptive family to move to Grandfather Patrick’s house on Devil’s Ridge, a tiny, rural town, that is far more than what it seems.

On the Ridge, Aidan finds a world filled with magic, monsters and terrifying beauty. He has discovered his “different lif
Published December 18th 2011 by Raythe Reign Publishing (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Ridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Ridge

Ije the Devourer of Books
I quite enjoyed this. It is of course the beginning of a series and so this volume is setting the scene for the adventures to come. The graphics are really clear and I can read this on both my kindle and Ipad with ease.

I really enjoyed the way the graphics convey the malevolence of Aiden's grandfather and the beauty and mystery of the Sidhe. I am please to be able to start 2014 with a new manga series which seems as if it will be mysterious, romantic and engaging.
Hannah
2.5 stars. Rounded up for Goodreads for the sake of the illustrator.

I really enjoyed the artwork in this manga, but the story failed to engage my interest. This first volume just set the stage and introduced the central characters. Little actually happened, and what did happen didn't make me all that eager to read more.
Jessie Potts
May 06, 2012 Jessie Potts rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yaoi, amazing-reads
This was really awesome. On my iPad the artwork was perfect and the story was intense and the beginning of a great plot. A little young (for me!) but overall it was a great find for the $ and I will be reading all the next installments!
Lör K.
I got this for free on the Amazon store and I didn't think there'd be much to the story at all. I am so glad to say I was wrong.

The story line is rather unique, if I do say so myself. Personally, I haven't come across a manga like this before, and it was a joy to read. Characters, in depth with their own personalities already. The artwork that isn't absolutely amazing but it's not horrendous either. I quite like the artwork in this, I find it unique, and it fits the story in it's own way.

I wou
Leanne Crabtree
This was quite a promising start. I'm intrigued as to what might happen in the next volume. I'm not normally into the fey but I was into this enough for it not to bother me.

Might read the next part at some point soon.
Chelsey Middleton
Aug 29, 2016 Chelsey Middleton rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the start of the series.
It has me craving to read the rest.
I hope to get to the rest soon.
Excited and Recommended
Jackie
Aug 29, 2012 Jackie rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Very intense prologue to what feels like a very interesting story. Beautiful artwork. Really felt for the MC's. Very short, left wanting more. Looking forward to the next installment.
Heather
Jan 13, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is for the print version of this book. I really enjoyed it. The only complaints I have are nitpicky (such as the little sister never wearing a seat belt and some repetitions in the art, one print error where it appears the speech was resized, leaving it strangely doubled) and don't actually detract from the book or story itself. I find myself definitely wanting to read more. It's a good start. I do have some concern that Grandfather might be a one-dimensional villain just from what I ...more
Soobie's heartbroken
I picked up this book as a freebie.

Usually I don't like reading comics/manga/fumetti on my Kindle because the little screen doesn't do any justice to the authors. The drawings are too small and you can't really appreciate the details.

Anyway, the art of this manga was good, the colors were really good, and the plot was interesting enough to keep me reading till the ending of this first volume.

The manga is about a little town in the middle of nowhere in which a cult has spread. They are at war wit
Michelle
May 08, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: purchased
★★★★★ = *Fan girl squeal* I loved it! I would re-read every now and then.
RATING NOTE: I will rate all the books the same as I consider it one long story.

I have not read the online novel. I strictly started the graphic novel edition. It's been an excruciatingly slow wait for each comic. I started following this way back in 2011 and I know the online novel goes waaay beyond the comic but a part of me wants to wait for the graphic novel releases, even though slow.

I love this series to pieces, mainl
Alice Montrose
A great addition to the western manga corner of my bookshelf.

The collaboration between X. Aratarae and T. Wolf is off to a great start in this first volume of "The Dark Earth" manga. A captivating story, illustrated with great skill. The reader can tell that a great amount of love and dedication has been put into this release, and we must applaud both writer and artist. The print quality is also excellent.

I believe it is safe to say the first manga released by RR Publishing is a success. Here's
Farhana Jealyn
Aug 21, 2016 Farhana Jealyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
okay i usually don't read this kind of genre but i was intrigued with the plot of the story and low and behold! I am utterly hocked with the story of Aidan and Ashe. I mean wouldn't you be if you find a book that gouge you interest and leaves you hanging for more. A fantastic tapestry of mystery, intrigue, and adventure that will surely live you hanging at the edge of your seat and want for more.

Ps. I highly recommend that you read this book but only caution you if you don't have patience to wai
Rachel
Oct 20, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it

Lovely artwork and interesting storyline. The characters were pretty typical of yaoi manga. Seems interesting enough to continue but my only concern would be if Amazon edits the content. There was a note at the end suggesting this and recommended buying the books unedited from a different site.
Kimberley
It was a good book. It was alittle fast pased for me, and cut of mid-climax so it was only alright. I would recommend to wait until the next volume comes out or to read the books for the full-ish story. I will hate to wait for the next volume to come out. Not like a normal manga, nore like a comic book. This is less like a volume and more like a chapter.
Lanie
Beautiful art work & a great story. These two dudes are super hot! XD the art work is absolutely fabulous & I had no trouble reading it on my iPad. "Devils ridge" is great start to what is sure to be an awesome series! A good choice for manga lovers and fans of paranormal romance.
Galeann Estepa
May 16, 2016 Galeann Estepa rated it it was amazing
Totally awesome

Gave a good base for the start of the story. The grandpa already gives me the creeps. Really good. You know what they say all the good ones are either gay or anime/manga. Sadness.
Kaili Oyster
Jun 03, 2014 Kaili Oyster rated it it was ok
Meh

Meh

It's interesting, but the drawings looked squished. It wasn't very long and the way it read was Americanized rather than traditional manga, which made reading difficult.
Eric L Aust
Nov 10, 2015 Eric L Aust rated it really liked it
Needs color

But art work is great and story so far has made sense. Not to much into fantasy like mermen and ware wolves so wasn't sure about this. I'm glade I gave it a try.

Vary good idea to make first book free I already bought the others and very happ
Micah
Jan 04, 2016 Micah rated it really liked it
Like that it was a picture comic style book.
I bit dark & creeply scary at times.
Sad that the inside was in black & white where the book cover was in colour.
But overall it is very interesting story.
Ari Rammon
Jan 20, 2016 Ari Rammon rated it it was ok
Do you even proofread?

There are so many extra pages where the artist misdrew a sound effect, or the typist rearranged, forgot, or added words... but they never removed the extra pages. Next time, proofread your work. I did like the story, though. It was pretty cute.
Evina
May 12, 2013 Evina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
very goood
Leonard Becker III
This had such beautiful art and visual layouts. the writing could have been stronger.
Shahna
May 23, 2016 Shahna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Pretty good. I like the story line so far. It's too bad I don't want to spend the crazy money to buy the other fifteen million volumes.
Dallas Vinson
Dec 17, 2015 Dallas Vinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
that's the one big thing about manga, it reads so fast. :)
Stephanie
Jan 10, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome! Can't wait for Volume 2!
Ericka Leonard
Mar 11, 2015 Ericka Leonard rated it it was ok
Too Short!!!
Stephanie Knordman
very good
Courtney Wendleton
Sep 17, 2016 Courtney Wendleton rated it liked it
Good but lacking.

I mostly blame Amazon for the lack of a true yaoi. Not big allowed to show the action is bullocks. That aside it was good.
Victoria Newman
Nov 01, 2016 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
It is a great book to read
  • Teahouse
  • Castle Mango, Vol. 1 (Castle Mango #1)
  • Immortal
  • Starfighter Chapter 2
  • Unlawful (Freedom, #1)
  • Owner of My Heart (Mending the Rift, #2)
  • Chains
  • Sam's Reluctant Submission (Sam's Reluctant Submission, #1)
  • Viewfinder Series: Hard-Working Cameraman Akihito Takaba's Fulfilling Househusband Life
  • Holden and Yves – The Early Years (The Slave Breakers, mini-prequel)
  • Maiden Rose, Volume 1
  • Embrace
  • Guns n' Boys: Swamp Blood (Guns n' Boys, #4)
  • My Wish (Guardians of Time, #1)
  • Tenebrism (Light and Shadow, #1)
  • NightS
  • Smart Boy (Smart Boy #1)
  • Memories and Marco
Raythe Reign is a site for vivid, dark, erotic serial stories and graphic novel featuring gay (m/m, yaoi) and straight (m/f, het) pairings. Take great action, mystery/thrillers, horror, fantasy, and science fiction stories and combine them with a ton of heat and you have Raythe Reign.

Like your favorite television series, the stories are updated with new chapters several times a month on a set sche
More about Raythe Reign...

The Dark Earth Manga (9 books)
  • Hidden Past (The Dark Earth, #2)
  • Dark Prince (The Dark Earth, #3)
  • Legacy (The Dark Earth, #4)
  • The Gathering Dark (The Dark Earth, #5)
  • A Memory Darkly (The Dark Earth, #6)
  • Mage Lord (The Dark Earth, #7)
  • The Mage Inside (The Dark Earth, #8)
  • The Blood King Vol. 9 (The Dark Earth Yaoi Manga, #9)