Start by marking “Devil's Ridge (The Dark Earth, #1)” as Want to Read:
Devil's Ridge (The Dark Earth, #1)

Devil's Ridge (The Dark Earth Manga #1)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Aidan has always dreamed of a different life, one that was somehow more than what he knew. Desperate times force him and his adoptive family to move to Grandfather Patrick’s house on Devil’s Ridge, a tiny, rural town, that is far more than what it seems.

On the Ridge, Aidan finds a world filled with magic, monsters and terrifying beauty. He has discovered his “different lif...more
Published December 18th 2011 by Raythe Reign Publishing (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Ridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Ridge

Ije the Devourer of Books
I quite enjoyed this. It is of course the beginning of a series and so this volume is setting the scene for the adventures to come. The graphics are really clear and I can read this on both my kindle and Ipad with ease.

I really enjoyed the way the graphics convey the malevolence of Aiden's grandfather and the beauty and mystery of the Sidhe. I am please to be able to start 2014 with a new manga series which seems as if it will be mysterious, romantic and engaging.
Hannah
2.5 stars. Rounded up for Goodreads for the sake of the illustrator.

I really enjoyed the artwork in this manga, but the story failed to engage my interest. This first volume just set the stage and introduced the central characters. Little actually happened, and what did happen didn't make me all that eager to read more.
Jessie Potts
This was really awesome. On my iPad the artwork was perfect and the story was intense and the beginning of a great plot. A little young (for me!) but overall it was a great find for the $ and I will be reading all the next installments!
Jackie
Very intense prologue to what feels like a very interesting story. Beautiful artwork. Really felt for the MC's. Very short, left wanting more. Looking forward to the next installment.
Kaili Oyster
Meh

Meh

It's interesting, but the drawings looked squished. It wasn't very long and the way it read was Americanized rather than traditional manga, which made reading difficult.
Alice Montrose
A great addition to the western manga corner of my bookshelf.

The collaboration between X. Aratarae and T. Wolf is off to a great start in this first volume of "The Dark Earth" manga. A captivating story, illustrated with great skill. The reader can tell that a great amount of love and dedication has been put into this release, and we must applaud both writer and artist. The print quality is also excellent.

I believe it is safe to say the first manga released by RR Publishing is a success. Here's...more
Saura Underscore
Very interesting initial story. It's left with a huge cliffhanger so I'm glad I got it when volumen 2 was already released!!
Kimberley
It was a good book. It was alittle fast pased for me, and cut of mid-climax so it was only alright. I would recommend to wait until the next volume comes out or to read the books for the full-ish story. I will hate to wait for the next volume to come out. Not like a normal manga, nore like a comic book. This is less like a volume and more like a chapter.
Stephanie
Awesome! Can't wait for Volume 2!
Evina
May 12, 2013 Evina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
very goood
Jennifer Scott
Jennifer Scott marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Vernesha Jackson
Vernesha Jackson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Raythe Reign is a site for vivid, dark, erotic serial stories and graphic novel featuring gay (m/m, yaoi) and straight (m/f, het) pairings. Take great action, mystery/thrillers, horror, fantasy, and science fiction stories and combine them with a ton of heat and you have Raythe Reign.

Like your favorite television series, the stories are updated with new chapters several times a month on a set sche...more
More about Raythe Reign...
Birth Rite The Erl-King: The Hunt Burn The Abyss Ver.1 The Deep Within