I Ruined His Life

I Ruined His Life

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Guilt and attraction make a strange blend...

On her first big case, young lawyer Bethany Draughen exposes shoddy workmanship done by a luxury home builder and forces a multimillion dollar settlement. The case establishes Beth's reputation - and ruins Caleb Marke's life.

That was three years ago. When by chance Beth sees Cale again at a deposition, he makes it quite clear h...more
Published March 18th 2012 by Sanguibahd Press

Anne OK
(Kindle Freebie)

A very short, sweet and fun-to-read novella. Revenge is sweet - especially when it begins with a double-dog-dare! As a new lawyer, she ruined his life . . . or so she thought. Three years later, he's back to save hers.

This is a charming "legal" romance that gave me an hour's worth of delight.
Delphina
My newest guilty pleasure, thanks to Kindle, is the short story/novella. I love to read short pieces to decide if I enjoy and author's style. I also love, love, love it when authors I love release a short story/novella during the time between book releases. It gives me my fix and makes the wait not seem quite so long. This was the case with I Ruined his Life. I have been waiting and waiting for the sequel to Give Me and L. K., as if knowing how utterly impatient I am, published this story.

This...more
First, if you didn't read the description, know that this is not a full-length book. It is a shorter novella. Given the fact that I'm extremely busy and don't get as much time to read as I would like, I appreciated the shorter format more than I expected to. I think I was able to finish reading this in just a couple of nights, reading only before bed. I thoroughly enjoyed the story line. I find myself wishing that L.K. would develop this into a full novel, though. There is so much more character...more
Deborah Neil
This was a great short story romance novella. I didn't know at tthe time it was a short story so I was disappointed that there wasn't more. This was a fun, light great read! I Gave I Ruined His Life by L.K Rigel 5 stars and am definetly going to read more of this authors work! @:)

Deborah Neil

Jessica Gibson
Such a fun easy read. I love L.K. Rigel, she never disappoints me, no matter what genre she's writing. I instantly liked Beth, she's a lawyer with a conscience who never forgot when she ruined someone's life. I wish this story had been longer, I want to know what happens next.
Literary  Chanteuse
I liked the setting in the legal world and you really feel the heroine's moral conflict throughout. I did feel that the love interest came on a bit too strong too fast but it is a short story so there's no time to waste I guess. Otherwise a great story.
Maryalice
I love short stories. I get to read things I wouldn't normally read. I don't normally read love stories. I've read too many that are just mush. You Ruined my Life isn't like that. There is a real story that happens to have love in it.
Carri
Sweet and unexpected story. Loved it! A nice, quick read.
Jen
I really enjoyed this story but the end seemed rushed
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Tracie Solarte
Tracie Solarte marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Marion
Marion marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
grumpyoldbird
grumpyoldbird marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Lori Joy Cerdeiros
Lori Joy Cerdeiros marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Shelley Hoerauf
Shelley Hoerauf marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Maisha
Maisha marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Katelyn
Katelyn marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Kinga
Kinga marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
LK Rigel is the author of the Apocalypto series -
Space Junque (Apocalypto 1), Spiderwork (Apocalypto 2), and Firebird (Apocalypto 3) and the Tethers series about wyrd and fae - Give Me - A Tale of Wyrd and Fae (Tethers 1) and Bride of Fae (Tethers 2).

Her most recent project is My Mr. Rochester (Jane Eyre Retold) a retelling of the Gothic novel in five parts set in a future utopia.

Her short story...more
More about L.K. Rigel...
Space Junque (Apocalypto, #1) Give Me (Wyrd and Fae #1) Spiderwork (Apocalypto, #2) Firebird (Apocalypto, #4) Bride of Fae (Wyrd and Fae #2)